The Casablanca Singles 74-82 Box Set by Kiss
This item is currently out of stock. if you would like us to e-mail you when it is available, send along your e-mail address.
7" Vinyl Single Box Set - 29 Vinyl Singles
In 1973, KISS signed its first record deal with the newly-formed Casablanca Records. KISS was the first band signed to the upstart label, which helped launch the success of the hottest band in the world.
After seeing KISS play a showcase concert at New York City’s Le Tang’s ballet studio, Casablanca founder Neil Bogart offered the band a record contract on the spot. From 1974 to 1982, Casablanca Records released 29 KISS singles on 45 RPM records. These singles were released for sale to the public, used for commercial radio airplay and to promote album sales. In many cases, as a bonus to the fans who already owned the record albums, many of these singles featured entirely different mixes, edits, and material that did not appear on any album.
These musical snapshots of KISS’ formative years have never been released in a commemorative singles edition until now.
Out of the 29 singles featured in the box sets, there are 26 highly collectible picture sleeves from original single releases around the world including Japan, Germany, Holland, Spain and the U.K., plus a 36-page booklet with unreleased photos and track annotations.
The sets also feature reissues of the 4 singles from all four solo albums from 1978 – the vinyl collection with special purple, blue, red and green vinyl – complete with a mask picture sleeve representing each individual member as originally released in the U.K.
1. Nothin’ To Lose / Love Theme From KISS
2. KIssin’ Time / Nothin’ To Lose
3. Strutter / 100,000 Years
4. Let Me Go, Rock ‘N’ Roll / Hotter Than Hell (GERMANY SLEEVE)
5. Rock And Roll All Nite / Getaway (HOLLAND SLEEVE)
6. C’mon And Love Me / Getaway (JAPAN SLEEVE)
7. Rock And Roll All Nite (live) / Rock And Roll All Nite (GERMANY SLEEVE)
8. Shout It Out Loud / Sweet Pain (JAPAN SLEEVE)
9. Flaming Youth / God Of Thunder (U.S. SLEEVE)
10. Detroit Rock City / Beth (JAPAN SLEEVE)
11. Beth / Detroit Rock City (GERMANY SLEEVE)
12. Hard Luck Woman / Mr. Speed (GERMANY SLEEVE)
13. Calling Dr. Love / Take Me (GERMANY SLEEVE)
14. Christeen Sixteen / Shock Me (FRANCE SLEEVE)
15. Love Gun / Hooligan (SWEDEN SLEEVE)
16. Shout It Out Loud (live) / Nothin’ To Lose (live) (GERMANY SLEEVE)
17. Rocket Ride / Tomorrow And Tonight (live) (GERMANY SLEEVE)
18. Strutter ’78 / Shock Me (GERMANY SLEEVE)
19. Hold Me, Touch Me / Goodbye – Paul Stanley (U.K. MASK SLEEVE / PURPLE VINYL)
20. New York Groove / Snow Blind – Ace Frehley (U.K. MASK SLEEVE / BLUE VINYL)
21. Radioactive / See You In Your Dreams – Gene Simmons (U.K. MASK SLEEVE / RED VINYL)
22. Don’t You Let Me Down / Hooked On Rock ‘N’ Roll – Peter Criss (GERMANY SLEEVE)
23. You Matter To Me / Hooked On Rock ‘N’ Roll – Peter Criss (U.K. MASK SLEEVE / GREEN VINYL)
24. I Was Made For Lovin’ You / Hard Times (GERMANY SLEEVE)
25. Sure Know Something / Dirty Livin’ (GERMANY SLEEVE)
26. Shandi / She’s So European (HOLLAND SLEEVE)
27. Tomorrow / Naked City (JAPAN SLEEVE)
28. A World Without Heroes / Dark Light (SPAIN SLEEVE)
29. I Love It Loud / Danger (U.S. SLEEVE)
Customer Reviews for The Casablanca Singles 74-82 Box Set
Write a review | No reviews for this product.
Vinyl records are able to capture the purest quality of recorded music in true form. This is possible because the initial recording is captured on an analog source (usually tape) for the ultimate in High Fidelity sound, it is then pressed onto virgin vinyl. Analog recordings capture the bottom end (or bass) while adding sweetness to the high end (or treble) better than any digital recording ever could. Analog systems are still commonly used before they are digitally transferred to CD. This means that the sound then is altered in the transfer process when CD's are produced. The word fidelity means accuracy and faithfulness. High Fidelity sound is faithful to the original sound made by the artist, capturing maximum accuracy of what was intended for the listener to hear. Vinyl records capture those sounds for the ultimate High Fidelity listening experience!
180/200 GRAM Vinyl LP
These vinyl records are produced with 180 or 200 grams of high definition premium grade virgin vinyl. This is a higher quality audiophile pressing than the typical vinyl record of 100-120 grams. These limited edition LP's are manufactured with the hi-fi enthusiast in mind. A 180 or 200 gram LP is sometimes also referred to as an audiophile pressing, there is a higher bass response and an even warmer High Fidelity sound. 180 or 200 grams LP's are typically manufactured in limited amounts and are considered collectables, commanding a higher price.
Typically, a vinyl reissue is a repressing of an original LP, usually extracted from the recording's master-tapes. In some cases, reissues are remastered to lower surface noise and improve overall sonics. Reissues help preserve the music of an original recording, especially when original LPs become unavailable or can no longer be found. Reissues can be pressed on a variety of thickness from 150 gram to 200 gram and offer a great opportunity for records collectors to own many classic recordings.
Customers who bought The Casablanca Singles 74-82 Box Set, also bought: