Lawless by Nick Cave And Warren Ellis
First 1.000 pcs on Red Transparent vinyl!
Includes 8 page booklet
Lawless is a brand new star studded movie by director John Hillcoat (The Road, The Proposition) about a gang of bootleggers in Virginia during the Great Depression. And when we say star-studded, we really mean it: Guy Pierce, Gary Oldman, Tom Hardy and Shia LeBoeuf signed up for the gritty and evocative story about brothers who try to create their own American Dream during Prohibition.
None other than Nick Cave helped Hillcoat with the screenplay, while he also took great care of the movie's soundtrack. Cave and fellow musician Warren Ellis form the core of The Bootleggers, a country and bluegrass ensemble that welcome a string of guests artist like Emmylou Harris, Ralph Stanley and Mark Lanegan. The Lawless OST contains cover versions of artists such as Velvet Underground and Captain Beefheart and also features original compositions by Cave/Ellis and the great Willie Nelson!
1. Fire and Brimstone (The Bootleggers feat. Mark Lanegan)
2. Burnin' Hell (The Boot leggers feat. Nick Cave)
3. Sure 'Nuff Yes I Do (Ralph Stanley) 4. Fire in the Blood (The Boot leggers feat. Emmylou Harris)
5. White Light / White Heat (The Bootleggers feat. Mark Lanegan)
6. Cosmonaut (The Bootleggers feat. Emmylou Harris)
7. Fire in the Blood / Snake Song (Medley) -Fire in the Blood, (The Bootleggers feat. Ralph Stanley) -Snake Song (The Bootleggers feat. Emmylou Harris)
8. So You'll Aim Towards the Sky (The Bootleggers feat. Liela Moss and Emmylou Harris)
9. Fire in the Blood (The Bootleggers feat. Emmylou Harris)
10. Fire and Brimstone (Ralph Stanley)
11. Sure 'Nuff Yes I Do (The Bootleggers feat. Mark Lanegan)
12. White Light / White Heat (Ralph Stanley)
13. End Crawl (Nick Cave / Warren Ellis)
14. Midnight Run (Willie Nelson)
Customer Reviews for Lawless
| No reviews for this product.
Customers who bought Lawless, also bought:
Vinyl records are able to capture the purest quality of recorded music in true form. This is possible because the initial recording is captured on an analog source (usually tape) for the ultimate in High Fidelity sound, it is then pressed onto virgin vinyl. Analog recordings capture the bottom end (or bass) while adding sweetness to the high end (or treble) better than any digital recording ever could. Analog systems are still commonly used before they are digitally transferred to CD. This means that the sound then is altered in the transfer process when CD's are produced. The word fidelity means accuracy and faithfulness. High Fidelity sound is faithful to the original sound made by the artist, capturing maximum accuracy of what was intended for the listener to hear. Vinyl records capture those sounds for the ultimate High Fidelity listening experience!
180/200 GRAM Vinyl LP
These vinyl records are produced with 180 or 200 grams of high definition premium grade virgin vinyl. This is a higher quality audiophile pressing than the typical vinyl record of 100-120 grams. These limited edition LP's are manufactured with the hi-fi enthusiast in mind. A 180 or 200 gram LP is sometimes also referred to as an audiophile pressing, there is a higher bass response and an even warmer High Fidelity sound. 180 or 200 grams LP's are typically manufactured in limited amounts and are considered collectables, commanding a higher price.
Typically, a vinyl reissue is a repressing of an original LP, usually extracted from the recording's master-tapes. In some cases, reissues are remastered to lower surface noise and improve overall sonics. Reissues help preserve the music of an original recording, especially when original LPs become unavailable or can no longer be found. Reissues can be pressed on a variety of thickness from 150 gram to 200 gram and offer a great opportunity for records collectors to own many classic recordings.