Music By Giorgio Moroder (Donna Summer, Daft Punk)
Oscar Winner For Best Original Score (1978)
Remastered With Deluxe Obi Strip
Available on vinyl for the first time since its original 1978 release, Giorgio Moroder’s soundtrack to Midnight Express features an
array of exploratory synthesizer pieces (including “Wheel” and “Cacaphoney”) as well as its opener, “Chase.” One of Moroder’s
biggest hits, which bounces back and forth between melodic disco and hypnotic sequencer trance. The album has been
remastered, repackaged with original art and a deluxe obi strip to be released on May 19, 2015 via The Control Group.
2. Love’s Theme
3. (Theme From) Midnight Express
4. Istanbul Blues
5. The Wheel
6. Istanbul Opening
8. (Theme From) Midnight Express
While We're Young is Noah Baumbach’s sparkling follow-up to his 2012 hit Frances Ha. No film has better captured the weird, upended logic of urban sophisticates: the older ones embrace their iPads and
Netflix, the young ones crave vinyl records and vintage VHS tapes.
The film follows Ben Stiller and Naomi Watts as Josh and Cornelia, a childless New York married couple in their mid-forties. As their other friends all start having children, the couple gravitates toward a young hipster couple named Jamie (Adam Driver) and Darby (Amanda Seyfried). He's an aspiring documentary filmmaker, avocation Josh already has. Soon the older couple begins enjoying the energy they feel hanging out with the younger generation, but eventually Josh begins to suspect his new best friend might not be as straightforward
and trustworthy as he thought.
The soundtrack is filled with classics such as Paul McCartney's “1985,” Lionel Richie’s “All Night Long (All Night),” Survivor’s “Eye of The Tiger,” or David Bowie's “Golden Years” just to name a few. The score to the film comes courtesy of LCD Soundsystem’s own James Murphy.
1. Golden Years – James Murphy
2. All Night Long (All Night) – Lionel Richie
3. Buggin’ Out – A Tribe Called Quest
4. The Ghost In You – The Psychedelic Furs
5. The Inch Worm – Danny Kaye
6. Only The Stars Above Welcome Me Home – James Murphy
7. Waiting For A Girl Like You – Foreigner
8. Falling (Duke Dumontre Mix) – Haim
9. Eye Of The Tiger – Survivor
10. Nineteen Hundred And Eighty Five – Paul McCartney & Wings
11. We Used To Dance – James Murphy
12. Golden Years – David Bowie
Honored in 2012 with the GRAMMY Lifetime Achievement Award, Country Music Hall of Fame member Glen Campbell has recorded his last song.
I'm Not Gonna Miss You was written by Campbell and Julian Raymond specifically for a new documentary titled GLEN CAMPBELL: I LL BE ME. Produced by Raymond, the song was recorded in the Los Angeles-based Sunset Sound Factory and East West Recording Studios.
With a mere handful of piano chords, then a swell of harmonies, I m Not Gonna Miss You opens into the poignant, yet clear-eyed revelation of the things Alzheimer s steals. Almost lumbering through the melody, Campbell s weathered tenor confesses the painful truths of what is lost, the cost and the reality that it will all be lost to him, the man who can t remember. Pedal steel weeps, strings bathe the melody that rises against drums and an electric guitar that mirrors the unbreakable passage of life and time.
GLEN CAMPBELL: I LL BE ME is an epic human drama that intimately showcases the man and his music throughout Campbell s struggle with Alzheimer s. Chronicling the story of love, laughter, resilience and power of song, this film shows how against all odds, America s greatest country star would not give up. Directed and produced by James Keach (producer of Walk The Line) and produced by Trevor Albert (Groundhog Day).
Big Machine Records will proudly release a soundtrack for the film that also features The Band Perry, who previously paid tribute to Campbell during the 2012 GRAMMY Awards. The project also features Campbell s daughter Ashley who performs an original song.
We are so honored to not only release Glen Campbell s final recording, but to be associated with such a profound film that will help raise awareness of those suffering from Alzheimer s and spotlight the important role of those who care for them, remarked Big Machine Label Group President & CEO Scott Borchetta who serves as the project s Executive Producer with Keach.
Additionally, several of today s biggest musical stars appear in the film to pay tribute to the legend including Bruce Springsteen, Bill Clinton, The Edge (from U2), Paul McCartney, Jay Leno, Vince Gill, Jimmy Webb, Taylor Swift, Blake Shelton, Sheryl Crow, Keith Urban, Brad Paisley, Steve Martin, Chad Smith, and The Band Perry.
1. I’m Not Gonna Miss You - Glen Campbell and The Wrecking Crew
2. Gentle on My Mind (Documentary Version) - The Band Perry
3. Remembering - Ashley Campbell
4. All I Need Is You - Glen Campbell
5. The Long Walk Home - Glen Campbell
6. Wichita Lineman (Live from Ryman Auditorium) - Glen Campbell
7. A Better Place (Live from Ryman Auditorium) - Glen Campbell
8. Gentle on My Mind (Single Version) - The Band Perry
9. Home Again - Ashley Campbell
10. I’m Not Gonna Miss You (Single Version) - Glen Campbell
Here on vinyl for the first time, Grammy nominee Ramin Djawadi's score for Game of Thrones Series 3 is integral to the fabric of the show with choir and orchestra counter-balanced by percussion and rhythmically driven sounds from the world music arena.
His creative use of sound effects adds mystery and allure to this epic fantasy of political and sexual intrigue.
This third collection of music from the series offers fans three different versions of the Game Of Thrones theme - two of them previously unreleased.
"Dark Wings, Dark Words" is a downtempo choir version whilst "For The Realm" is a solo guitar version performed by Djawadi himself.
Additional music includes "It's Always Summer Under The Sea (Shireen's Song)" performed by Kerry Ingram who plays Shireen in the show along with "The Bear And The Maiden Fair" sung by US indie rock band The Hold Steady.
1. Main Title
2. A Lannister Always Pays His Debts
4. I Paid The Iron Price
5. Chaos Is A Ladder
6. Dark Wings, Dark Words
7. You Know Nothing
8. Wall Of Ice
10. I Have To Go North
1. White Walkers
2. It's Always Summer Under The Sea (Shireen's Song)
4. The Bear And The Maiden Fair
5. The Night Is Dark
6. The Lannisters Send Their Regards
7. Heir To Winterfell
9. For The Realm
Ennio Morricone delivered more of the same dramatic conflict on his score for the 1968 Western ‘La Resa Dei Conti’, this time mixing in a bit of atmospheric formlessness among his more romantic and orchestral sounds. There’s some vampiric-sounding organs as well as one of those ascending, judgement day tunes that’s expected of a Western: the strings come into play and the choir gets heavy with the tension.
1. Run Man Run
2. La Vedova
3. La Caccia
4. La Corrida
5. Dopo La Condanna
6. Primo Deserto
7. La Condanna
8. La Resa
9. Seconda Caccia
10. Arriva Cucillo
11. Seconda Condanna
12. Secondo Deserto
13. Corri Uomo Corri
Inception, the new film by The Dark Knight's Christopher Nolan, takes on a sci-fi psychological spin for the usual serious-minded action auteur and features Leonardo DiCaprio spearheading the cast. Emma Thomas serves as producer, with Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ken Watanabe, Marion Cotillard, Cillian Murphy and Ellen Page rounding out the supporting roles.
Hans Zimmer has scored over 100 films. He has been honored with an Academy Award, two Golden Globes and three Grammy's. In 2003, the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers presented him with the prestigious Henry Mancini award for Lifetime Achievement for his impressive and influential body of work. Hans Zimmer and Christopher Nolan last collaborated on The Dark Knight.
1. Half Remembered Dream
2. We Built Our Own World
3. Dream Is Collapsing
4. Radical Notion
5. Old Souls
8. One Simple Idea
9. Dream Within A Dream
10. Waiting For A Train
The Dark Knight: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack returns with the ASCAP–winning composers from Batman
Begins—Academy Award winner Hans Zimmer and seven-time Oscar nominee James Newton Howard—for a powerful orchestral score.
THE FILM: The Dark Knight premieres on thousands of screens nationwide via Warner Bros. on July 18. Starring Christian Bale in the title role, Michael Caine, the late Heath Ledger as The Joker, Aaron
Eckhart, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman and Eric Roberts, the film was directed by
HISTORY: The five Batman films since 1989 have grossed more than $915 million at the U.S. box office
alone. The sixth film in the series, The Dark Knight, with the same lead actor and director as the very
successful 2005 Batman Begins installment, promises to be the most popular yet. On record, the Batman films have earned multiple Grammy® nominations and BMI and ASCAP Awards.
HANS ZIMMER: One of film’s most sought-after composers, whose career encompasses more than 100
film and television scores, Zimmer won an Oscar for The Lion King, and has earned nominations for Gladiator,
The Thin Red Line, Rain Man, As Good As It Gets, The Preacher’s Wife and The Prince Of Egypt. Recent
film credits include Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World’s End and The Simpsons Movie.
JAMES NEWTON HOWARD: Oscar nominated for Michael Clayton, The Village, My Best Friend’s Wedding, One Fine Day, Junior, The Fugitive and The Prince Of Tides, Howard also scored King Kong, Runaway Bride, The Sixth Sense and Collateral.
1. Why So Serious?
2. I'm Not A Hero
3. Harvey Two-Face
4. Aggressive Expansion
5. Always A Catch
6. Blood On My Hands
7. A Little Push
1. Like A Dog Chasing Cars
2. I Am The Batman
3. And I Thought My Jokes Were Bad
4. Agent Of Chaos
5. Introduce A Little Anarchy
6. Watch The World Burn
7. A Dark Knight
Friday is the soundtrack album for the 1995 comedy film “Friday” starring Ice Cube and Chris Tucker. The
soundtrack reached No. 1 on the Billboard 200, and spawned the successful Dr. Dre single "Keep Their Heads
Ringin'". In celebration of the 20 year anniversary of this soundtrack, Universal will reissue this classic back on vinyl with
a limited edition lenticular cover with an animated joint that lights up and smokes. RESPECT THE CLASSICS!!
1. Friday - Ice Cube
2. Keep Their Heads Ringin' - Dr. Dre
3. Friday Night - Scarface
4. Lettin' Niggas Know - THREAT
5. Roll It Up, Light It Up, Smoke It Up - Cypress Hill
6. Take A Hit - Mack 10
7. Tryin' To See Another Day - The Isley Brothers
8. You Got Me Wide Open - BOOTSY COLLINS AND BERNIE WORRELL
9. Mary Jane - Rick James
10. I Wanna Get Next To You - Rose Royce
11. Superhoes - Funkdoobiest
12. Coast II Coast - Tha Alkaholiks
13. Blast If I Have To - E-A-SKI
14. Hoochie Mama - 2 Live Crew
15. I Heard It Through The Grapevine - Roger
No toga party would be complete without this classic soundtrack from one of the most popular comedies of all time,
National Lampoon's Animal House, the 1978 American comedy film directed by John Landis. The soundtrack is a
mix of rock and roll and rhythm and blues with the original score created by film composer Elmer Bernstein. Universal will
be reissuing this classic back on vinyl in over 10 years.
1. Faber College Theme
2. Louie, Louie
3. Twistin' The Night Away
4. Tossin' and Turnin'
5. Shama Lama Ding Dong
6. Hey Paula
7. Animal House
9. Money (That's What I Want)
10. Let's Dance
11. Dream Girl
12. (What a) Wonderful World
Vinyl reissue of the Boogie Nights soundtrack, the film chronicling one man’s rise in the Golden Age of porn of the
1970s through to his fall during the excesses of the '80s.The music captures the feeling of the era, as it runs through
disco ("Best of My Love," "Jungle Fever"), folk-pop ("Brand New Key"), funk ("Spill the Wine," "Got to Give It Up, Pt.
1," "Machine Gun"), soft rock ("Magnet & Steel") and more.
1. Into (Feel the Heat)
2. Best of My Love
3. Jungle Fever
4. Brand New Key
5. Spill the Wine
6. Got To Give It Up (Part 1)
7. Machine Gun
8. Magnet and Steel
9. Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now
10. Sister Christian
11. Livin' thing
12. God Only Knows
13. The Big Top (Theme from Boogie Nights)
Car Wash is a soundtrack double album released by the Funk band Rose. It is the soundtrack/film score to the 1976
hit comedy Car Wash that featured Richard Pryor and George. The album was a major success, yielding three
Billboard R&B Top Ten singles, "Car Wash", "I Wanna Get Next to You", and "I'm Going Down". Continuing with its
Respect The classics campaign, UMe will be reissuing this classic soundtrack back in vinyl for the first time in over
1. Car Wash
2. 6 O'Clock DJ (Let's Rock)
3. I Wanna Get Next To You
4. Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is
5. Zig Zag
6. You're On My Mind
7. Mid Day DJ Theme
8. Born To Love You
9. Daddy Rich
10. Richard Pryor Dialogue
1. You Gotta Believe (feat. The Pointer Sisters)
2. I'm Going Down
3. Yo Yo
5. Righteous Rhythm
8. Doin' What Comes Naturally
9. Keep On Keepin' On
Vinyl reissue of the soundtrack from the 1976 American sports drama film, Rocky, directed by John G. Avildsen and both written by and starring Sylvester Stallone. The soundtrack was composed by Bill Conti, the main theme song, "Gonna Fly Now", made it to number one on the Billboard magazine's Hot 100 list.
1. Where Do You Go To My Lovely (Peter Sarstedt)
2. Title Music from Satyajit Ray's film Jalshagar (Ustad Vilayat Khan)
3. This Time Tomorrow (The Kinks)
4. Title Music from Satyajit Ray's film Teen Kanya (Satyajit Ray)
5. Title Music from Merchant-Ivory's film The Householder (Jyotitindra Moitra)
6. Ruku's Room from Satyajit Ray's film Joi Baba Felunath (Satyajit Ray)
7. Charu's Theme from Satyajit Ray's film Charulata (Satyajit Ray)
8. Title Music from Merchant-Ivory's film Bombay Talkie (Shankar/Jaikishan)
9. Montage from Nityananda Datta's film Baksa Badal (Satyajit Ray)
10. Prayer (Jodphur Sikh Temple Congregation)
11. Farewell To Earnest from Merchant-Ivory's film The Householder (Jyotitindra Moitra)
12. The Deserted Ballroom from Merchant-Ivory's film Shakespeare Wallah (Satyajit Ray)
13. Suite Bergamasque 3 Clair de Lune (Alexis Weissenberg)
14. Typewriter Tip, Tip, Tip from Merchant-Ivory's film Bombay Talkie Sung by Kishore Kumar & Asha Bhosle (Shankar/Jaikishan)
15. Memorial traditional (Narlai Village Troubador)
16. Strangers (The Kinks)
17. Praise Him Traditional (Udaipur Convent School Nuns and Students)
18. Symphony No 7 in A Op 92 Allegro con brio (Fritz Reiner, Chicago Symphony Orchestra)
19. Play With Fire (The Rolling Stones)
20. Arrival In Benaras from Merchant-Ivory's film The Guru (Ustad Vilayat Khan)
21. Powerman (The Kinks)
22. Les Champs Elysees (Joe Dassin)
Various Artists with Original Motion Picture Score by Cliff Martinez. A Hollywood stunt performer who moonlights as a wheelman discovers that a contract has been put on him after a heist gone wrong.
The soundtrack features original music by Cliff Martinez (The Lincoln Lawyer, Traffic) with Eurosynth-styled songs by Kavinsky & Lovefoxxx (''Nightcall''), The Chromatics (''Tick of the Clock''), Desire (''Under Your Spell''), College featuring Electric Youth (''A Real Hero''), and Riziero Ortolani featuring Katyna Ranieri (''Oh My Love''). Rolling Stone Magazine named Drive the No. 1 movie of 2011.
The Drive soundtrack raced to the top of the iTunes album charts, hitting No. 4 within a week of its digital release and peaking at No. 35 on the Billboard Top 200. The soundtrack re-entered the charts in February 2012 when the film was released on DVD.
''One thing that was unique for me about this project was having songs exert such a strong influence on the score,'' said Martinez. ''That helped to create a unified, one-size-fits-all, style of soundtrack... the 80s electronic pop style made a lot of sense to me. I knew that Nicolas [Refn, director] was in love with that sound and I saw a way to acknowledge it with vintage synth sounds and cover most of the dramatic food groups while referencing that style.''
This blending of score and song is the perfect vehicle for Cliff Martinez. Martinez moved to California in 1976, just in time for the punk movement. He had stints as drummer for the Weirdos, Lydia Lunch and Foetus frontman Jim Thirlwell, the Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Dickies. He was also the drummer in the final incarnation of legendary iconoclasts Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band.
Martinez has since received compositional credit on many of Steven Soderbergh's projects including Kafka, The Limey, Solaris, Gray's Anatomy, Schizopolis, Traffic (which earned four Oscars and earned Martinez a Grammy nomination), and the upcoming film Contagion. He also composed the music for Espion(s) and A L'Origine, two French films released in 2009 - the latter earned a Cesar Award nomination for best original score. His other credits include Pump Up The Volume, Wicker Park, Wonderland, and The Lincoln Lawyer.
1. Nightcall - Kavinsky & Lovefoxxx
2. Under Your Spell - Desire
3. A Real Hero - College feat. Electric Youth
4. Oh My Love - Riz Ortolani feat. Katyna Ranieri
5. Tick of the Clock - The Chromatics
6. Rubber Head - Cliff Martinez
7. I Drive - Cliff Martinez
8. He Had a Good Time - Cliff Martinez
9. They Broke His Pelvis - Cliff Martinez
10. Kick Your Teeth - Cliff Martinez
1. Where's The Deluxe Version? - Cliff Martinez
2. See You in Four - Cliff Martinez
3. After The Chase - Cliff Martinez
4. Hammer - Cliff Martinez
5. Wrong Floor - Cliff Martinez
6. Skull Crushing - Cliff Martinez
7. My Name on a Car - Cliff Martinez
8. On The Beach - Cliff Martinez
9. Bride of Deluxe - Cliff Martinez
Soundtrack based on the major motion picture The Fast and the Furious. The soundtrack reached number seven on the Billboard 200 and number one on the Top Soundtracks. The album went platinum in 2002 in both the United States and Canada.
1. Good Life (Remix) (Feat. Ja Rule, Vita & Cadillac Tah) - Faith Evans
2. POV City Anthem - Cadillac Tah
3. When a Man Does Wrong - Ashanti
4. Race Against Time II (Feat. Ja Rule) - Tank
5. Furious (Feat. Vita & O1) - Ja Rule
6. Take My Time Tonight - R. Kelly
7. Suicide (Feat. I.G.) - Scarface
8. The Prayer - Black Child
9. Tudunn Tudunn Tudunn (Make U Jump) (Feat. Noreaga) - Funkmaster Flex
10. Hustlin' (Feat. Armageddon) - Fat Joe
11. Freestyle - Boo & Gotti
12. Rollin' (Urban Assault Vehicle) (Feat. DMX, Redman & Method Man) - Limp Bizkit
13. Life Ain't a Game - Ja Rule
14. Cali Diseaz (Feat. Nate Dogg) - Shade Sheist
15. Didn't I - Petey Pablo
16. Put It On Me (Remix) (Feat. Vita & Lil' Mo) - Ja Rule
17. Justify My Love (Feat. Ashanti) - Vita
"Birdman" is the new film by visionary Mexican filmmaker Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu (Amores Perros, Babel, Biutiful....).
Part comedy, part tragedy, part fantasy "Birdman" tells the story of a washed-up actor (Michael Keaton) who once played an iconic superhero. He must now overcome his ego and family trouble as he mounts a Broadway play in a bid to reclaim his past glory.
This unique film features a drum score composed by acclaimed drummer Antonio Sanchez ( player on the Pat Methany Unity Group). The soundtrack features a selection of classical music pieces by Ravel, Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninov, Mahler.
1. Get Ready
2. Dirty Walk
3. Just Chatting
4. Waiting For What?
5. Semi Comfortable in 3
6. Strut Part 1
7. Doors And Distance
8. Night Chatter
9. Almost Human
11. Internal War
12. Kinda Messy
13. Strut Part 2
15. Fire Trail
16. The Anxious Battle For Sanity
17. Symphony No. 9 in D - 1st Movement: Andante Comodo (Gustav Mahler)
18. Symphony No. 5 OP. 64 in E Minor: Andante Cantabile (Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky)
19. Ich Bin Der Welt Abhanden Gekommen (Gustav Mahler)
20. Passacaille (Tres Large) (Maurice Ravel)
21. Prologue: Chorus of Exiled Palestinians (John Adams)
22. Symphony No.2 in E Minor, Op 27 - II Allegro Molto - (Sergei Rachmaninov)
Soundtrack to the 1995 cult classic film, available for the first time on vinyl for the 20th Anniversary of the film. The soundtrack includes The Muffs' cover of Kim Wilde's "Kids in America," and Counting Crows' live "The Ghost in You," Supergrass' "Alright," and an acoustic version of Radiohead's "Fake Plastic Trees".
1. Kids In America – The Muffs
2. Shake Some Action – Cracker
3. The Ghost In You – Counting Crows
4. Here (Squirmel Mix) – Luscious Jackson
5. All The Young Dudes – World Party
6. Fake The Plastic Trees (Acoustic Version) – Radiohead
7. Change – Lightning Seeds
8. Need You Around – Smoking Popes
9. Mullet Head – Beastie Boys
10. Where’d You Go? – Mighty Mighty Bosstones
11. Rollin’ With My Homies – Coolio
12. Alright – Supergrass
13. My Forgotten Favorite – Velocity Girl
14. Supermodel – Jill Sobule
Music from the ''cult'' hit of the summer ''Napoleon Dynamite'' featuring original score by John Swihart, songs from the film, exclusives such as Rogue Wave's ''Every Moment'' (acoustic) and a rare track from Figurine ''New Mate'' (f/ Jimmy Tamborello of The Postal Service) and all your favorite ''laugh out loud'' classic Napoleon dialogue! 30 total tracks! Sweet!
From Preston, Idaho comes Napoleon Dynamite (Jon Heder), a new kind of hero complete with a tight red 'fro,' some sweet moon boots, and skills that can't be topped. Napoleon lives with his Grandma (Sandy Martin) and his 30-year-old, unemployed brother Kip (Aaron Ruell), who spends his days looking for love in internet chat rooms. When Grandma hits the road on her quad runner, Napoleon and Kips' meddling Uncle Rico (Jon Gries) comes to town to stay with them and ruin their lives.
Napoleon is left to his own devices to impress the chicks at school and help his new best friend Pedro (Efren Ramirez) win the election for Student Body President against the stuck-up Summer (Haylie Duff); all the while making sure to feed Grandma's pet llama Tina, and avoiding association with Uncle Rico and the herbal breast enhancers he sells door to door. Napoleon and Pedro put their skills to good use, but it is a surprise talent that leads the two to triumph in the end.
1. I Want Candy - Bow Wow Wow
2. Every Moment - Rogue Wave
3. New Mate - Figurine
4. Design - Fiction Company
5. Sometimes You Gotta Make It Alone - Money Mark
6. Solamente Una Vez - Trio Los Panchos
7. Canned Heat - Jamiroquai
8. Only You - Yaz
9. Forever Young - Alphaville
10. Time After Time - Sparklemotion
11. The Promise - When In Rome
1. What Ever I Feel Like (Dialog) / Bus Rider - John Swihart
2. Pull In Town (Dialog) / Nap Pulls Kip Return - John Swihart
3. Locker Room 1 (Dialog) / Nap Pulls Kip - John Swihart
4. Cagefighter (Dialog) / Granny ATV - John Swihart
5. You Do Speak English? (Dialog) / A-Team Theme - John Swihart
6. Vote For Me (Dialog) / Here's Rico - John Swihart
7. Locker Room 2 (Dialog) / Summer's Cake - John Swihart
8. Worst Video (Dialog) / Thrifty - John Swihart
9. Suit (Dialog) / Suitwalk - John Swihart
10. Talons (Dialog) / Kip Waits - John Swihart
11. Ask It By Pedro (Dialog) / Nap Store Video - John Swihart
12. Ninja Moves (Dialog) / D-Qwan Boogie - John Swihart
13. Whole Milk (Dialog) / Nap Dance Bedroom - John Swihart
14. Chapstick (Dialog)
15. Nap Rico Van - John Swihart
16. Nap Hangs Up The Phone - John Swihart
17. Loch Ness (Dialog)
18. Alternate Ending Montage - John Swihart
19. Alternative Ending (Dialog)
The SOA / Friday Music 180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl Series Begins!
Celebrate The New Year With The First Rockin’ Volume Of The Critically
Acclaimed Television Show & Soundtrack On 2 Clear Audiophile Vinyl LPs
Featuring Performances From Katey Sagal, Anvil, The White Buffalo,
Curtis Stigers, The Forest Rangers, Lyle Workman & Paul Brady
Songs of Anarchy: Music from Sons of Anarchy Seasons 1-4 features a stunning
collection of fifteen revered performances, recorded specifically for the hard-hitting and
award-winning Fox television show. To celebrate this long enduring biker drama series,
Friday Music enhances your music pleasure with the first time ever audiophile vinyl release
of this stellar soundtrack album.
The double album features a plethora of classic tunes and fan favorites. Paul Brady’s
brilliant take of The Rolling Stones’ classic Gimme Shelter, Lyle Workman and Bob Thiele
Jr.’s amazing interpretation of the CCR smash Fortunate Son and of course Curtis Stigers’
bluesy favorite rendition of Warren Haynes’ John The Revelator all add to the excitement of
this trail blazing television series that continues to thrill its millions of fans worldwide.
The collection kicks off with the Emmy nominated and ASCAP award-winning series
theme song This Life sung and written by Curtis Stigers. Golden Globe® Award winning
actress/singer Katey Sagal along with The Forest Rangers perform four tracks on the
soundtrack including a standout performance of Son Of A Preacher Man and an emotional
reading of Leonard Cohen’s epic Bird On A Wire. Even Canadian legendary hard rockers
throw down a brilliant version of The Who’s Slip Kid featuring Franky Perez. Plus classic
material reimagined from the words and music of Neil Young, Bob Dylan, The Animals and
Billie Holiday truly make this a memorable soundtrack of our times.
This amazing double album is the first in a deluxe series of a limited edition 180 Gram
Audiophile Vinyl releases from the Sons Of Anarchy television soundtrack series with Friday
For a very limited time, Songs of Anarchy: Music from Sons of Anarchy Seasons 1-4 will
be presented on a 2 LP clear audiophile vinyl with a stunning gatefold cover featuring the
SOA logo and original artwork as you will remember from this incredible series created by
Songs of Anarchy: Music from Sons of Anarchy Seasons 1-4… 15 tracks of rock & blues
power…on first time audiophile vinyl… courtesy of the Sons Of Anarchy and Friday Music.
1. This Here (Curtis Stigers And The Forest Rangers)
2. Son Of A Preacher Man (Katey Sagal And The Forest Rangers)
3. Forever Young (Audra Mae And The Forest Rangers)
4. John The Revelator (Curtis Stigers And The Forest Rangers)
5. Fortunate Son (Lyle Workman & Bob Thiele Jr.)
6. Slip Kid (Anvil Featuring Franky Perez)
7. Girl From The North Country (The Lions)
8. Someday Never Comes (Billy Valentine And The Forest Rangers)
1. Gimme Shelter (Paul Brady And The Forest Rangers)
2. Bird On A Wire (Katey Sagal And The Forest Rangers)
3. Hey Hey, My My (Batteme)
4. What A Wonderful World (Alison Mosshart And The Forest Rangers)
5. Los Tiempos Van Cambiando (The Times They Are A-changin’) (Franky Perez & Los Guardianes Del Bosque)
6. Strange Fruit (Katey Sagal Featuring Blake Mills And The Forest Rangers)
7. House Of The Rising Sun (Season 4 Finale Version) (The White Buffalo And The Forest Rangers)
Vinyl reissue of the soundtrack from the 1976 American sports drama film, Rocky, directed by John G. Avildsen and both written by and starring Sylvester Stallone. The soundtrack was composed by Bill Conti, the main theme song, "Gonna Fly Now", made it to number one on the Billboard magazine's Hot 100 list.
1. Gonna Fly Now (Theme From "Rocky")
2. Philadelphia Morning
3. Going The Distance
5. Marines' Hymn/Yankee Doodle
6. Take You Back (Street Corner Song From "Rocky")
7. First Date
8. You Take My Heart Away
9. Fanfare For Rocky
11. Alone In The Ring
12. The Final Bell
13. Rocky's Reward
Soundtrack to Spike Lee's 1988 film School Daze. The soundtrack peaked to No. 14 on Billboard's Top R&B Albums chart and features the popular tune "Be Alone Tonight". Continuing with its Respect The Classics campaign, UMe will be reissuing this classic soundtrack back on vinyl for the first time in over 20 years.
1. Da'Butt — E.U.
2. Perfect Match — Tech & The Effx
3. Be Alone Tonight — Rays
4. Straight and Nappy — Jigaboos & Wannabees Chorus
5. One Little Acorn — Kenny Barron/Terence Blanchard
6. I'm Building Me a Home — Morehouse College Glee Club
7. I Can Only Be Me — Keith John
8. One Little Acorn (Piano Solo) — Kenny Barron
9. Be One — Phyllis Hyman
10. Wake Up Suite — The Natural Spiritual Orchestra
11. We've Already Said Goodbye (Before We Said Hello) — Pieces of a Dream
Juice is the soundtrack to the 1992 film starring Tupac Shakur and Omar Epps. It was released on December 31,
1991 through MCA Records and consisted mainly of hip hop. The soundtrack was a success and featured four
charting singles "Uptown Anthem", "Juice (Know the Ledge)", "Don't Be Afraid" and "Is It Good to You". Continuing with it's Respect The Classics campaign, UMe will be reissuing this classic soundtrack back on vinyl for the first time in over 15 years.
1. Uptown Anthem (Naughty by Nature)
2. Juice (Know the Ledge) (Eric B. & Rakim)
3. Is It Good to You (Teddy Riley & Tammy Lucas)
4. Sex, Money & Murder (MC Pooh)
5. Nuff Respect (Big Daddy Kane)
6. So You Want to Be a Gangster (Too Short)
7. It's Going Down (EPMD)
8. Don't Be Afraid (Aaron Hall)
9. He's Gamin' on Ya' (Salt-n-Pepa)
10. Shoot 'Em Up (Cypress Hill)
11. Flipside (Juvenile Committee)
12. What Could Be Better Bitch (Son of Bazerk)
13. Does Your Man Know About Me (Rahiem)
14. People Get Ready (Brand New Heavies & N'Dea Davenport)
Appearing for the first time on vinyl is this selection of music from the soundtracks to the hugely popular BBC SHERLOCK series 1, 2 and 3. The track listing represents the most popular themes from across the three series which brought composers David Arnold and Michael Price multiple awards and award nominations internationally. The LP is pressed on 180g black vinyl and the cover features a specially commissioned painting of Benedict Cumberbatch in the title role by artist Alice X Zhang, which will also be included on a printed insert.
1. Opening Titles
2. The Game Is On (Series 1)
3. War (Series 1)
4. Pursuit (Series 1)
5. Final Act (Series 1)
6. Irene’s Theme (Series 2)
7. The Woman (Series 2)
8. SHERlocked (Series 2)
9. Prepared To Do Anything (Series 2)
10. How It Was Done (Series 3)
11. God Rest His Soul (Series 3)
12. The East Wind (Series 3)
13. Waltz For John and Mary (Series 3)
14. Sherlock: - End Titles
Mastered For Vinyl And Lacquers Created By Kevin Gray, Then Plated At RTI
First Pressing Is On An 'All-American' Limited Edition And Hand-Numbered 3x 180 Gram Colored Vinyl LPs: Red, White And Blue
Vinyl Made In America At United Record Pressing Plant
Triple Panel Gatefold Jacket. Matte Paper Finish With Spot UV
Three Matte 11x11'' Full Color Inserts
To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the motion picture Forrest Gump, we're proud to announce the first ever North American vinyl pressing of the soundtrack. All 32-tracks have been placed across three records to ensure maximum audio-fidelity, in addition to vinyl mastering and lacquers by Kevin Gray, and plating at RTI. The album will be available on 180 Gram ''All American'' Red, White and Blue vinyl LPs, pressed at United Record Pressing in the USA. First pressings will be hand-numbered and limited.
The 32-song soundtrack from the film was originally released on July 6, 1994. The soundtrack includes songs from Elvis Presley, Fleetwood Mac, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Aretha Franklin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Three Dog Night, The Byrds, The Doors, The Mamas & the Papas, The Doobie Brothers, Simon & Garfunkel, Bob Seger, and Buffalo Springfield, among others. Music producer Joel Sill reflected on compiling the soundtrack: ''We wanted to have very recognizable material that would pinpoint time periods, yet we didn't want to interfere with what was happening cinematically.'' The two-disc album has a variety of music from the 1950s–1980s performed by American artists. According to Sill, this was due to Zemeckis' request, ''All the material in there is American. Bob (Zemeckis) felt strongly about it. He felt that Forrest wouldn't buy anything but American.''
Forrest Gump: The Soundtrack is one of the most successful movie soundtrack albums of all time. The album - like the film - instantly captured the heart of America, going into the top 10 of Billboard's Pop Album chart and shipping over 1 million units in its first few weeks of release. This timeless double album of American Classics has since been certified DIAMOND - selling over 6 million copies.
''The movie Forrest Gump is about time. A simple man's journey through complicated times. The coming-of-age of a generation and a country. And at the heart of the story is the music. Music that lives with us, always there to remind us of the people, the places, and the events of our time.'' - Robert Zemeckis & Eric Roth
1. Elvis Presley - Hound Dog
2. Duane Eddy - Rebel Rouser
3. Clarence ''Frogman'' Henry - (I Don't Know Why) But I Do
4. The Rooftop Singers - The Walk Right In
5. Wilson Pickett - Land Of 1000 Dances
6. Joan Baez - Blowin' In The Wind
7. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son
8. The Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch)
9. Aretha Franklin - Respect
10. Bob Dylan - Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
11. The Beach Boys - Sloop John B
12. The Mamas & The Papas - California Dreamin'
13. Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth
1. Jackie DeShannon - What The World Needs Now Is Love
2. The Doors - Break On Through (To The Other Side)
3. Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
4. Jefferson Airplane - Volunteers
5. The Youngbloods - Let's Get Together
6. Scott McKenzie - San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Some Flowers In Your Hair)
7. The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
8. The Fifth Dimension - Medley: Aquarius / Let The Sunshine In
9. Harry Nilsson - Everybody's Talkin'
10. Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
11. The Supremes - Stoned Love
1. B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head
2. Randy Newman - Mr. President (Have Pity On The Working Man)
3. Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
4. The Doobie Brothers - The It Keeps You Runnin'
5. Gladys Knight & The Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination
6. Willie Nelson - On The Road Again
7. Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - Against The Wind
8. Alan Silvestri - Forrest Gump Suite
An eerie, anxiety-provoking electronic work
that is extremely accomplished in its own right.
- Todd McCarthy, Hollywood Reporter
Jonathan Glazer, known for Sexy Beast and Birth and his music videos
for Radiohead, Massive Attack, Jamiroquai etc., is back with his latest
film, Under the Skin.
Based on the novel by Michael Faber, Under the Skin follows the
journey of a voluptuous woman (Scarlett Johansson) of unknown origin
combing the highway in search of isolated or forsaken men. They are
seduced, stripped of their humanity, and never heard from again.
Premiere at the Toronto Film Festival last fall, the film has been very
well-reviewed by audiences and critics alike. It receives 88% Fresh on
The music, which plays a critical role in the film and has been
mentioned numerous times in reviews, is by British-born Mica Levi,
known by her stage name Micachu. She is best known for her band
Micachu & The Shapes and for experimental music in a variety of
genres. Her electronic beat is the perfect companion to this hauntingly
beautiful and stylized picture.
2. Lipstick To Void
3. Andrew Void
4. Meat To Maths
6. Lonely Void
7. Mirror To Vortex
12. Alien Loop