AudioQuest NightHawk Carbon Headphones
- Product Code:
- AudioQuest Headphones
- NightHawk Carbon
- Around-The-Ear Semi-Open Headphones
Have a question about this product? Please email our audio advisor or call 1-877-929-8729 with any questions or concerns regarding your equipment purchase.
Offering a unique combination of unsurpassed comfort, state-of-the-art design, and naturally beautiful sound, AudioQuest’s first headphone, NightHawk, has been lovingly featured in the pages of magazines and websites as far-reaching as Stereophile, Rolling Stone, CNET, Wired, Head-Fi, Digital Trends, The Verge, and many more. This is evidence of the intensifying convergence between the high-fidelity and high-technology worlds, and testament to NightHawk’s uncanny ability to captivate and inspire a diverse audience of thinkers, builders, engineers, and, of course, music lovers.
While NightHawk’s many innovative design elements— Liquid Wood earcups, biomimetic sound-diffusing grilles, and high-performance solid-conductor cable, to name just a few—have impressed listeners worldwide, many have expressed interest in different paint finishes, more versatile cables, and closed-back designs.
AudioQuest takes the first of many steps toward satisfying those interests with two new around-the-ear models: NightHawk Carbon and NightOwl Carbon.
NightHawk Carbon is a more sophisticated, more mature version of the original. It boasts all of the same exciting refinements found in NightOwl—improved performance, greater comfort, two pairs of earpads, a far more durable cable with mic and smartphone controls, enhanced look and feel —all while retaining its predecessor’s remarkably low distortion and fatigue-free sound.
- Modified internal parts: Tighter tolerances reduce air leakage for improved airflow and lower distortion
- Two sets of earpads: Protein Leather Boost Pads seal tighter for better isolation and slightly enhanced treble clarity; Microsuede Pads breathe freer for greater comfort and slightly reduced bass impact
- Improved plugs: High-purity Tellurium Copper (TeCu) base metal for smoother surface, higher plating quality, better mating contact, and, consequently, less noise
- Improved headpad: Genuine leather headpad with stitched detailing for enhanced comfort, more luxurious look and feel
- Improved cable: Shorter (4.25ft) length for easier use at the desktop or with mobile devices; flexible, nonbraided jacket increases durability, eliminates kinking, minimizes microphonics; robustly engineered and rigorously tested strain relief further increases durability; discrete microphone and smartphone controls enable phone calls and playback functions (Play, Pause, Skip) without compromising sound quality
- Luxurious finish: Porsche Carbon Grey Metallic highgloss paint meticulously applied via multistage process
- Improved inner presentation: Includes microfiber pouches for headphones and accessories for safer, simpler travel
Of course, all of the advanced design elements that made the original NightHawk such a success are carried over into the improved models. NightHawk Carbon and NightOwl Carbon share their predecessor’s pistonic drivers with biocellulose diaphragms, compliant rubber surrounds, and true voice-coil formers. The patented splitgap motor remains unsurpassed in its ability to reduce intermodulation distortion. The earcups are fabricated from the same revolutionary Liquid Wood material, which affords acoustically optimized support beams and carefully applied damping. The patent-pending suspension system allows the earcups to move freely, accommodating heads of almost any shape or size, while effectively decoupling the earcups to counteract resonances.
Thus, NightHawk’s exceedingly low distortion, unrivaled comfort, and naturally detailed sound have been enhanced in every meaningful way. With the new semiopen NightHawk Carbon and closed-back NightOwl Carbon headphones, you can listen longer, later, and with greater pleasure, enjoying even deeper immersion in your favorite music, movies, videos, and games.
Around-the-ear semi-open design
3D-printed biomimetic sound-diffusing grille
Acoustically superior, sustainably engineered materials
Patent-pending suspension system with freely articulating earcups counteracts intrusive resonances
Pistonic driver with biocellulose diaphragm and compliant rubber surround
Patented split-gap motor dramatically reduces intermodulation distortion
AudioQuest cable with improved strain relief; non-microphonic, kink-free jacket; discrete mic and smartphone controls
Porsche Carbon Grey Metallic high-gloss finish
NightHawk Carbon Headphones:
Power Handling: 1.5W
Weight: 346g (12.2oz)
Driver: 50mm Dynamic | Biocellulose Pistonic Diaphragm | 1.2T Split-Gap Motor
Long-Grain Copper conductors
High-Purity Direct-Silver Plated TeCu plugs (3.5mm TRRS ➔ Dual 2.5mm mono)
Highly durable, non-microphonic jacket
There are no reviews for this product.
Customers who bought AudioQuest NightHawk Carbon Headphones, also bought:
There are no reviews for this product.