Label / Make
Genre / Model
Label / Make
Genre / Model
- Please Select
- Name: A to Z
- Name: Z to A
- Price: Low to High
- Price: High to Low
Jimi Hendrix Vinyl Records
Both Sides of the SkyBoth Sides Of The Sky presents 13 studio recordings including 10 which have never before been released. All but two of these studio recordings were made during a fertile period between January 1968 and 1970. Jimi's mastery and use of the studio as a proving ground for new songs resulted in a growing collection of extraordinary material. This album completes a trilogy of albums [with Valleys Of Neptune and People, Hell & Angels] presenting the best and most significant unissued studio recordings remaining in the Hendrix archive. The songs include fascinating alternate versions of "Stepping Stone," "Lover Man" and "Hear My Train A Comin'" as well as recordings where Jimi is joined by special guests Johnny Winter and Stephen Stills. Both Sides Of The Sky was mixed by Eddie Kramer, the engineer for all of Hendrix's albums throughout the guitarist's lifetime, and produced by Janie Hendrix, Kramer and John McDermott.
Mannish Boy - The first ever studio session by the group Hendrix would christen as his Band Of Gypsys. Hendrix, Cox & Miles shared a love for the blues as this driving, uptempo reworking of "Mannish Boy" by Muddy Waters makes clear.
Lover Man - Just two weeks before their triumphant New Year's concerts at the Fillmore East in NYC [yielding both 1970's Band Of Gypsys and 2016's sequel Machine Gun], Hendrix gathered with Cox and Miles to cut this dynamic rendition of what had become a favorite concert staple.
Stepping Stone - A totally unique take on this Hendrix favorite, with Jimi showcasing both blues and country styled licks atop a relentless, galloping beat.
$20 Fine -Stephen Stills joined Jimi, Mitch Mitchell and Buddy Miles Express keyboardist Duane Hitchings at this September 1969 session. With Stephen handling lead vocals and organ, Jimi added multiple guitar parts to this rollicking Stills original.
Power Of Soul - This 1970 studio session came three weeks after the Band Of Gypsys concerts at the Fillmore East. While a live version remains one of the highpoints of Band Of Gypsys, Jimi never released a studio version during his lifetime. For this album, we present the mix that Hendrix and Kramer prepared of the complete song at Electric Lady on August 22, 1970.
Jungle - The influence of Curtis Mayfield can be heard here as Jimi expands on the "Villanova Junction Blues" theme he made famous by its inclusion in the 1970 Woodstock documentary.
Things I Used To Do - Jimi is joined for this rendition of Guitar Slim's blues classic by Johnny Winter. Jimi's trademark guitar work and Winter's deft slide playing weaves in and around the foundation set by bassist Billy Cox and Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young drummer Dallas Taylor.
Georgia Blues - Jimi reunited with some old friends from his pre-Experience days. Lonnie Youngblood, with whom Hendrix played in R&B groups like Curtis Knight & The Squires, voiced this superb twelve bar blues neatly underpinned by Hendrix's sublime rhythm and lead guitar work.
Sweet Angel - With Axis: Bold As Love only just released, Jimi immediately turned his focus to recording what would become Electric Ladyland. This gorgeous, instrumental reading of "Angel,", features Jimi on guitar, bass and vibraphone joined by Mitch Mitchell.
Woodstock - Stephen Stills came to this session fresh from having visited Joni Mitchell, who had a new song that Stills was excited to try and record. Long before CSNY's version, Stephen, Jimi and Buddy Miles recorded this amazing rendition.
Send My Love To Linda - A superb new Hendrix original composition recorded with Cox and Miles in the aftermath of their successful Band Of Gypsys performances at the Fillmore East.
Cherokee Mist - Together with drummer Mitch Mitchell, Jimi created this moody, evocative original complete with his playing of a sitar to complement his traditional electric guitar.1. Mannish Boy
2. Lover Man
3. Hear My Train a Comin'
4. Stepping Stone
5. $20 Fine
6. Power of Soul
8. Things I Used to Do
9. Georgia Blues
10. Sweet Angel
12. Send My Love to Linda
13. Cherokee Mist
$24.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 2 LPs SealedBuy Now
Electric Ladyland (Awaiting Repress)Ranked 54/500 on Rolling Stone Magazine's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.
Cut from the Analog Masters by Legendary Engineer George Marino at Sterling Sound and Pressed on 180-gram Vinyl at RTI!
First-Ever Audiophile Edition of Hendrix's Pioneering Third Studio Album: The Wait Is Over!
The Hendrix Family is Committed to Bringing you the Best Sound Quality Possible: Do Not Miss This Pressing!
Set Joins Exquisitely Remastered Versions of Are You Experienced, Axis: Bold As Love, First Rays of the New Rising Sun, and the previously unreleased Valleys of Neptune!
The great manifesto of the psychedelic rock era, the Jimi Hendrix Experience's Electric Ladyland is the culmination of resounding experimentation and several years of band chemistry, as well as Hendrix's continual development as a guitarist seemingly capable of anything and limited only by what he couldn't think of doing. As the trio's final studio recording together, it's also the band's most adventurous, and collaborative, as Steve Winwood, Al Kooper, Buddy Miles, Jack Casady, and Chris Wood all make guest apprarances. Featuring everything from sensitive wah-wah playing (Burning of the Midnight Lamp) to the all-time best version of Bob Dylan's All Along the Watchtower, with Hendrix infusing the song with requisite mystery and mayhem, to the magnetic riff passages of Voodoo Child (Slight Return), Electric Ladyland remains one of the most fully realized and referenced recordings in history. And until now, it's never received the sonic facelift it's not only needed, but deserved.
Mastered from the original analog tapes, cut by legendary engineer George Marino on upgraded equipment at Sterling Sound, and pressed on 180-gram virgin vinyl at RTI, this 2LP set is a sonic knockout on par with the very best audiophile recordings. This is also the first-ever audiophile edition of Electric Ladyland. We guarantee it will absolutely blow away whatever analog or digital version you've heard before. It's no wonder that this release spearheads Legacy Recordings' unprecented 2010 Jimi Hendrix Catalog Project of reissues and new releases from the greatest guitar player in history.
Ranked by Rolling Stone as the 54th greatest album ever made, Electric Ladyland epitomizes the passion, soulfulness, exoticism, and emotion that makes music such a part of our life. You will not want to live without.1. And The Gods Made Love
2. Have You Ever Been (To Electric Ladyland)
3. Crosstown Traffic
4. Voodoo Chile
5. Little Miss Strange
6. Long Hot Summer Night
7. Come On (Let The Good Times Roll)
8. Gypsy Eyes
9. Burning Of The Midnight Lamp
10. Rainy Day, Dream Away
11. 1983(A Merman I Should Turn To Be)
12. Moon, Turn The Tidesgently gently gently
13. Still Raining, Still Dreaming
14. House Burning Down
15. All Along The Watchtower
16. Voodoo Child (Slight Return)
$24.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 2 LPs SealedAWAITING REPRESS Buy Now
First Rays of the New Rising Sun (Awaiting Repress)Cut from the Analog Masters by Legendary Engineer George Marino at Sterling Sound and Pressed on 180-gram Vinyl at RTI!
First-Ever Audiophile Edition of this Seminal Collection, Hendrix's Final Studio Album!
The Hendrix Family is Committed to Bringing you the Best Sound Quality Possible: Do Not Miss This Collection!
Set Joins Exquisitely Remastered Versions of Are You Experienced?, Axis: Bold As Love, Electric Ladyland, and the previously unreleased Valleys of Neptune!
Hendrix Has NEVER Sounded Better on Any Format or Pressing!
First Rays Of The New Rising Sun, the last graceful gesture by pioneering guitarist Jimi Hendrix, is the first album prepared under the supervision of his family. It compiles 17 songs whose creation span from March of 1968 to the last sessions at Electric Lady Studios in August of 1970, and which Hendrix inteded for release on this album, which was being made at the time of his tragic death. The material finds Hendrix expanding upon the parameters of his voice, concentrating on his singing while also embracing soul music more than he had on his other recordings. Hence, listeners hear funkier, bluesier, and R&B-slanted elements on this staggering set, which in no way comes off as a cheaply thrown-together posthumous release. Rather, given the level of experimental psychedelic exploration and dreamlike tones throughout, First Rays of the New Rising Sun rightly takes its place as Hendrix's final studio album. And it's never sounded so amazing.
Mastered from the original analog tapes, cut by legendary engineer George Marino on upgraded equipment at Sterling Sound, and pressed on 180-gram virgin vinyl at RTI, this LP is a sonic knockout on par with the very best audiophile recordings. It's no wonder that this release helps spearhead Legacy Recordings' unprecented 2010 Jimi Hendrix Catalog Project of reissues and new releases from the greatest guitar player in history. Albums don't get more essential than this.
Originally released in 1997, First Rays Of The New Rising Sun boasts many of Hendrixs most creative musical achievements, including Night Bird Flying, Angel, Dolly Dagger, Hey Baby (New Rising Sun), and In From The Storm. Finally, here is the link that connects Hendrix's involvement with the Isley Brothers with his own groundbreaking solo fare, now on a truly glorious-sounding pressing. An absolute must for any music fan.1. Freedom
3. Night Bird Flying
5. Room Full Of Mirrors
6. Dolly Dagger
7. Ezy Ryder
10. Stepping Stone
11. My Friend
12. Straight Ahead
13. Hey Baby (New Rising Sun)
14. Earth Blues
15. Astro Man
16. In From The Storm
17. Belly Button Window$34.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 2 LPs SealedAWAITING REPRESS Buy Now
Axis: Bold As LoveRanked 82/500 on Rolling Stone Magazine's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.
Very few albums radically change the musical and cultural landscape, altering our perceptions by way of a mad combination of forward-looking performance, liberating lyrical narratives, spiritual overtones, and unimaginable sounds. Jimi Hendrix's sophomore Axis: Bold As Love is one of those records, a timeless and prophetic set that still seems as if it comes to us from the future. Unrelentingly ambitious, deeply mythical, and profoundly virtuosic, the stupendous 1967 collection dives into a pool of lustful psychedelia, earthy blues, cosmic soul, and unhinged rock. Along with jazz-schooled drummer Mitch Mitchell and melodic bassist Noel Redding, Hendrix establishes a new musical language, a foundation on which fellow guitar giants such as Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Pete Townshend, and Prince would build. Ranked by Rolling Stone as the 82nd greatest album ever released, and leagues ahead of its time, Axis: Bold As Love is an absolute must-have for every music lover. Particularly now that it's finally been afforded the sonic treatment it's always deserved.
Mastered from the original two-track mix-down analog master tapes, cut by legendary engineer George Marino on upgraded equipment at Sterling Sound, and pressed on 180-gram virgin vinyl at RTI, this LP is a sonic knockout on par with the very best audiophile recordings. With all apologies to previous editions from Classic and Universal, this pressing blows away any competition. It's no wonder that this release spearheads Legacy Recordings' unprecented 2010 Jimi Hendrix Catalog Project of reissues and new releases from the greatest guitar player in history.
Featuring seminal classics such as Spanish Castle Magic, Little Wing, and Castles Made Of Sand, Axis: Bold As Love stands as one of the Jimi Hendrix Experience's monumental moments, a tapestry scorched with color, sewn together with erotic threads, and varnished with rich personality. Do not miss this seminal pressing of a most seminal recording.1. EXP
2. Up From The Skies
3. Spanish Castle Magic
4. Wait Until Tomorrow
5. Ain't No Telling
6. Little Wing
7. If 6 Was 9
8. You Got Me Floatin'
9. Castles Made Of Sand
10. She's So Fine
11. One Rainy Wish
12. Little Miss Lover
13. Bold As Love
$19.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - SealedBuy Now
West Coast Seattle Boy: The Jimi Hendrix Anthology (Awaiting Repress)LPs Cut from the Original Masters at Sterling Sound by Iconic Engineer George Marino
58-Track Behemoth Includes 45 Previously Unreleased Hendrix Studio and Live Recordings
Hendrix's Journey Traced in Music: From Little-Known R&B Sideman to Rock Superstar
Ultimate Hendrix Set is the Jewel of Legacy's Catalog Restoration Project
The wave of newly re-mastered, all-analog Jimi Hendrix titles culminates in the long awaited release of West Coast Seattle Boy: The Jimi Hendrix Anthology. This definitive career-spanning 8-LP Box Set tracks Hendrixs remarkable journey from R&B sideman to international guitar hero. The deluxe set is filled with previously unreleased Jimi Hendrix Experience recordings plus demos, alternate takes, and more. This newly assembled Jimi Hendrix anthology also includes a new Hendrix documentary DVD, directed by the Grammy award-winning Bob Smeaton (Beatles Anthology, Festival Express, and Beatles: The Studio Recordings). The LPs have been cut from the original masters at Sterling Sound in Manhattan by iconic engineer George Marino.
This long-awaited career-spanning box set tracks Hendrix's remarkable journey from little known R&B sideman to international stardom through an unprecedented assemblage of previously unavailable recordings. West Coast Seattle Boy - The Jimi Hendrix Anthology is not a collection of existing Hendrix albums but instead 45 unreleased Hendrix live and studio recordings including demos and alternate versions of songs from Are You Experienced, Axis: Bold As Love, and Electric Ladyland.
West Coast Seattle Boy includes Hendrixs never before heard version of Bob Dylans 'Tears Of Rage," solo acoustic recordings of Electric Ladyland favorites like "Long Hot Summer Night" and "1983 (A Merman I Shall Turn To Be)" as well as never before heard live performances from Berkeley and the legendary Band Of Gypsys Fillmore East concert on New Year's Eve 1969 combined together with such new Hendrix songs as "Hear My Freedom," "Hound Dog Blues," "Lonely Avenue" and more.
A centerpiece achievement in Legacy Recordings' monumental Jimi Hendrix catalog project, West Coast Seattle Boy - The Jimi Hendrix Anthology is the first Hendrix collection to bring fans access to a comprehensive treasure trove of fresh material -- including demos, alternate takes, live concert jewels and more -- from all phases of the artist's recording career (1964 -1970). It offers the most complete collection of Jimi's pre-Experience R&B performances (including his singles with the Isley Brothers, Little Richard, Don Covay, King Curtis and more) to ever be officially anthologized, while bringing together the most comprehensive and revelatory set of fully realized songs, never before heard live performances, alternate studio takes, acoustic and electric demos, and other rarities drawn from every chapter of Hendrix's remarkable life and career.
The newly curated and assembled West Coast Seattle Boy - The Jimi Hendrix Anthology also includes Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child, a new 90-minute documentary directed by the multiple Grammy-award winning Bob Smeaton (Beatles Anthology, Festival Express, Beatles: The Studio Recordings, Band of Gypsys). An autobiographical journey told in the legendary musician's own words as read by Parliament-Funkadelic's Bootsy Collins, the film incorporates interviews with Hendrix, coupled with the artist's letters, writings and recordings to provide new insight into one of the most enduring icons of popular culture.
The documentary features some of Jimi's greatest performances as well as rare and never before seen footage and photos including--for the first time ever--examples from the Hendrix family archive of the late guitarists personal drawings, postcards home to his father, song drafts, sketches, and lyrics.
"Who better to tell the incredible story of a man's life than the man himself? Jimi was amazing and only his music, with tones and textures that he conjured, can capture the colorful and expansive essence of his time here on earth. I am enthralled with this all-encompassing new anthology which not only illuminates his years on both sides of the Atlantic and beautifully reveals his versatility as a performer, from his R&B origins to his explosion on the pop culture scene, but highlights who he was for those who knew and loved him," says Janie Hendrix, President and CEO of Experience Hendrix and co-producer of West Coast Seattle Boy - The Jimi Hendrix Anthology.
An essential and historic addition to the Jimi Hendrix catalog, West Coast Seattle Boy - The Jimi Hendrix Anthology brings together, for the first time, many of Hendrix's earliest commercial recordings, providing a rare glimpse of the rising rock guitar hero through a series of stellar sideman performances on a set of highly collectible pre-Experience R&B singles.Included on the first 2LPs of West Coast Seattle Boy:
1. Isley Brothers - Testify (1964
2. Don Covay & the Goodtimers - Mercy, Mercy (1964 - #1 Cashbox R&B - #35 Billboard Hot 100)
3. Don Covay & the Goodtimers - Can't Stay Away (1964)
4. Rosa Lee Brooks - My Diary (1965 - written by Arthur Lee)
5. Rosa Lee Brooks - Utee (1965)
6. Little Richard - I Don't Know What You Got But It's Got Me (1965)
7. Little Richard - Dancing All Around The World (1965)
8. Frank Howard & The Commanders - I'm So Glad (1966 - written by Billy Cox)
9. Isley Brothers - Move Over And Let Me Dance (1965)
10. Isley Brothers - Have You Ever Been Disappointed (1965)
11. Ray Sharpe - Help Me (Get The Feeling) (Part I) (1966)
12. The Icemen - (My Girl) She's A Fox (1966)
13. Jimmy Norman - That Little Old Groovemaker (1966)
14. Billy Lamont - Sweet Thang (1968)
15. King Curtis - Instant Groove (1969)
The third and fourth LPs of West Coast Seattle Boy - The Jimi Hendrix Anthology focus on 1967-68 and Hendrix's breakout sessions with the Jimi Hendrix Experience:
16. Fire (1967) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
17. Are You Experienced (1967) - Previously Unreleased Recording
18. May This Be Love (1967) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
19. Can You See Me (1967) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
20. Love Or Confusion (1967) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
21. Little One (1967) - Previously Unreleased Recording (featuring Dave Mason on sitar)
22. Mr. Bad Luck (1967) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
23. Cat Talking To Me (1967) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
24. Castles Made Of Sand (1967) - Previously Unreleased Recording
25. Tears Of Rage (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
26. Hear My Train A Comin' (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
27. 1983 (A Merman I Shall Turn To Be) (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
28. Long Hot Summer Night (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
29. My Friend (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
30. Angel (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
31. Calling All The Devil's Children (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
32. New Rising Sun (1968) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
The fifth and sixth LPs of West Coast Seattle Boy - The Jimi Hendrix Anthology revisit 1968-1969, both a peak and pivotal period for Hendrix in which the artist was exploring bold new directions on stage and in the studio:
33. Hear My Freedom (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
34. Room Full Of Mirrors (1969) - Previously Unreleased Recording
35. Shame, Shame, Shame (1969) - Previously Unreleased Recording
36. Messenger (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
37. Hound Dog Blues (1969) - Previously Unreleased Recording
38. Untitled Basic Track (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
39. Star Spangled Banner (1969) - Previously Unreleased Original Mix
40. Purple Haze (1969) - Previously Unreleased Original Mix
41. Young/Hendrix (1969) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
42. Mastermind (1969) - Previously Unreleased Recording
43. Message To Love (1969) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
44. Fire (1969) - Previously Unreleased Recording
45. Foxey Lady (1969) - Previously Unreleased Recording
Opening with Hendrix's incendiary New Year's Eve performance of "Stone Free" at New York's Fillmore East on December 31, 1969 and closing with a previously unheard recording from Hendrix alone in his Greenwich Village apartment in 1970, the seventh and eighth LPs of West Coast Seattle Boy - The Jimi Hendrix Anthology provides a fascinating portrait of an artist at his fiery best, working on the future:
46. Stone Free (1969) - Previously Unreleased Recording
47. Burning Desire (1970) - Previously Unreleased Recording
48. Lonely Avenue (1969) - Previously Unreleased Recording
49. Everlasting First (1970) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording (featuring Arthur Lee)
50. Freedom (1970) - Previously Unreleased Recording
51. Peter Gunn/Catastrophe (1970) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
52. In From The Storm (1970) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
53. All God's Children (1970) - Previously Unreleased Recording
54. Red House (1970) - Previously Unreleased Recording
55. Play That Riff [Thank You] (1970) - Previously Unreleased Recording
56. Bolero (1970) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
57. Hey Baby (New Rising Sun) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
58. Suddenly November Morning (1970) - Previously Unreleased Recording$99.99Vinyl LP - Limited Edition 8 LP Box Set SealedAWAITING REPRESS Buy Now
Live At Woodstock (Awaiting Repress)Experience Hendrix LLC & Legacy Recordings Continue the Monumental 2010 Jimi Hendrix Catalog Project with a Second Wave of Audiophile Vinyl Reissues
Lacquers Cut from the Original Tapes at Sterling Sound by Iconic Engineer George Marino Under the Supervision of Eddie Kramer
Pressed and Plated at RTI: Amazing Analog Sound Betters All Prior Vinyl and Digital Editions
As the headliner of the 1969 Woodstock Festival, Jimi Hendrix was the last act and he didn't hit the stage until dawn on Monday morning. The recording finds Hendrix in a period of transition between the psychedelic blues of the Experience and the soulful, rhythmically driven Band of Gypsys. Throughout the electrifying set, Hendrix manages to touch on every musical style from jazz to blues to funk and soul and it stands as arguably the most famous and affirming live performance in the history of music.
Legacy Recordings is now reissuing Hendrix's watershed Live At Woodstock on an audiophile, three-disc 12" vinyl LP set that blows away all prior editions. Cut from the original tapes at Sterling Sound by iconic engineer George Marino under the supervision of Eddie Kramer, and pressed and plated at RTI, this 3LP version will forever stand as the definitive-sounding, high-performance edition of this historic document. You know the concert's legacy. Now experience it like never before.
"Jimi's music is as alive today as it was 40 years ago, and the success of our most recent releases with Sony Legacy provides thrilling confirmation. We have long maintained that the power of Jimi's music and the power of his message would stand the test of time and provide its own bridge to the future," said Janie Hendrix, CEO of Experience Hendrix LLC.
"Being partnered with Legacy enables us to reach a more global audience with that message. And the best is yet to come. What we have in store will propel Jimi into a new decade, with unseen footage and unheard versions of his songs that will absolutely amaze today's music lovers. And we're confident that the distribution is in good hands, opening the door to new and fresh markets. The focus of our endeavors is, and always will be, all about Jimi's music."1. Introduction
2. Message to Love
3. Hear My Train a Comin'
4. Spanish Castle Magic
5. Red House
6. Lover Man
7. Foxey Lady
8. Jam Back at the House
11. Voodoo Child (Slight Return)
12. Star Spangled Banner
13. Purple Haze
14. Woodstock Improvisation
15. Villanova Junction
16. Hey Joe
$39.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 3 LPs SealedAWAITING REPRESS Buy Now
Are You Experienced? (Mono) (Awaiting Repress)Ranked 15/500 on Rolling Stone Magazine's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.
Drawn from the Original Monoaural Mixes Created by Chas Chandler, Jimi Hendrix, and Eddie Kramer in 1967
All Analog Mastering by Bernie Grundman
Original Artwork and Sequencing
Highly Sought After Mixes Previously Unavailable for Decades
200 Gram Pressing by Quality Record Manufacturing
Faithful to the Original Edition Released in 1967 - US and International Edition Features Different Songs and Sequencing
The debut release from the Jimi Hendrix Experience is widely regarded as the greatest, most inﬂuential debut release from any artist. Are You Experienced has long been acknowledged as one of the most inﬂuential rock albums of all time.
The classic US edition of the album was only available in mono for a brief period after its original August 1967 release. This version features the classic ﬁsh-eye cover and includes such hits as “Purple Haze” and “Hey Joe”.
This original monophonic mix has been transferred from the original master tapes by noted mastering engineer Bernie Grundman. Grundman’s all analog mono mastering process helps to present the vitality of the original recording as accurately as possible.1. Purple Haze
2. Manic Depression
3. Hey Joe
4. Love Or Confusion
5. May This Be Love
6. I Don't Live Today
7. The Wind Cries Mary
9. Third Stone from the Sun
10. Foxey Lady
11. Are You Experienced
$24.99200 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP Mono - SealedAWAITING REPRESS Buy Now
People, Hell & Angels (Awaiting Repress)200 Gram Pressing
Never Before Released Recordings
People, Hell & Angels is a new album of twelve never before released Jimi Hendrix studio recordings. This special album showcases the legendary guitarist working outside of the original Jimi Hendrix Experience trio. Beginning in 1968, Jimi Hendrix grew restless, eager to develop new material with old friends and new ensembles. Outside the view of a massive audience that had established the Experience as rock’s largest grossing concert act and simultaneously placed two of his albums together in the US Top 10 sales chart, Jimi was busy working behind the scenes to craft his next musical statement.LP1
1. Earth Blues
3. Hear My Train A Comin'
4. Bleeding Heart
5. Let Me Move You
1. Easy Blues
2. Crash Landing
3. Inside Out
4. Hey Gypsy Boy
5. Mojo Man
6. Villanova Junction Blues
$39.99200 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 2 LPs SealedAWAITING REPRESS Buy Now
Purple HazeThe second single by the Jimi Hendrix Experience, “Purple Haze” coupled with “51st Anniversary,” as it was issued in the UK and Europe, showcases the artistry and mystique of Jimi Hendrix. It beckons us into his psychedelic world just as it did in spring 1967, when it hit the Top Five in the UK between the likes of “Somethin’ Stupid” and “A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You” on the charts.
The two sides presented Hendrix’s space-age take on blues and pop,establishing a momentum of influence that shows no sign of ever ending. This edition—the third release in a unique, ongoing series that partners Sundazed with Experience Hendrix—issues these recordings together on a 45 RPM single for the first time ever in the US, and features the original monaural mixes plus a color sleeve with rare photographs of Hendrix in the ascent of his career.1. Purple Haze
2. 51st Anniversary
$9.997" Vinyl Single - SealedBuy Now
Are You Experienced?Ranked 15/500 on Rolling Stone Magazine's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.
180 Gram Audiophile LP Pressing
All Analog Mastering From The Original 2-Track Master Tapes By George Marino
Complete Original Artwork
Manufactured By Quality Record Pressing
One of the most stunning debuts in rock history, and one of the definitive albums of the psychedelic era. On Are You Experienced?, Jimi Hendrix synthesized various elements of the cutting edge of 1967 rock into music that sounded both futuristic and rooted in the best traditions of rock, blues, pop, and soul. It was his mind-boggling guitar work, of course, that got most of the ink, building upon the experiments of British innovators like Jeff Beck and Pete Townshend to chart new sonic territories in feedback, distortion, and sheer volume. It wouldn't have meant much, however, without his excellent material, whether psychedelic frenzy ("Foxey Lady," "Manic Depression," "Purple Haze"), instrumental freak-out jams ("Third Stone from the Sun"), blues ("Hey Joe"), or tender, poetic compositions ("The Wind Cries Mary") that demonstrated the breadth of his songwriting talents. Not to be underestimated were the contributions of drummer Mitch Mitchell and bassist Noel Redding, who gave the music a rhythmic pulse that fused parts of rock and improvised jazz. Many of these songs are among Hendrix's very finest; it may be true that he would continue to develop at a rapid pace throughout the rest of his brief career, but he would never surpass his first LP in terms of consistently high quality.
- Richie Unterberger (All Music Guide)1. Purple Haze
2. Manic Depression
3. Hey Joe
4. Love Or Confusion
5. May This Be Love
6. I Don't Live Today
7. The Wind Cries Mary
9. Third Stone from the Sun
10. Foxey Lady
11. Are You Experienced
$19.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - SealedBuy Now
Stone Free - Jimi Hendrix TributeImport
Red & Purple Mixed Vinyl
Stone Free: A Tribute to Jimi Hendrix (1993) was recorded by various artists in tribute to Jimi Hendrix. The artists were drawn from many genres of popular music. Contributors include his classic rock contemporaries Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck, blues man Buddy Guy, classical violinist Nigel Kennedy, alternative pop/rock bands Belly and Spin Doctors, hip hop artists P. M. Dawn, among others.
According to the liner notes, the "artists were encouraged to not only record one of their own personal favorites but to also place their stamp on Jimi's songs." Several artists recorded radically different interpretations, particularly, P. M. Dawn, The Cure, Nigel Kennedy and Pat Metheny. Some artists, on the other hand, recorded versions that were rather similar to the originals.
The band M.A.C.C. is made up of Mike McCready (guitarist from Pearl Jam), Jeff Ament (bassist from Pearl Jam), Matt Cameron (drummer for Soundgarden and later for Pearl Jam), and Chris Cornell (singer of Soundgarden and later Audioslave). The cover of "Hey Baby (Land of the New Rising Sun)" is their only known recording. All four members of this group had previously worked together on the Temple of the Dog project.
Eric Clapton's backing group on the title track includes the three original core members of Chic (Nile Rodgers, Bernard Edwards and Tony Thompson) and is the last recording on which all three played together.LP1
1. The Cure - Purple Haze
2. Eric Clapton - Stone Free
3. Spin Doctors - Spanish Castle Magic
4. Buddy Guy - Red House
5. Body Count - Hey Joe
6. Jeff Beck And Seal - Manic Depression
7. Nigel Kennedy – Fire
1. Pretenders - Bold As Love
2. P.m. Dawn - You Got Me Floatin'
3. Slash And Paul Rodgers With The Band Of Gypsys - I Don't Live Today
4. Belly - Are You Experienced?
5. Living Colour - Crosstown Traffic
6. Pat Metheny - Third Stone From The Sun
7. M.A.C.C. - Hey Baby (Land Of The New Rising Sun)
$39.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 2 LPs SealedBuy Now
Experience Hendrix: The Best Of Jimi HendrixExperience Hendrix: The Best of Jimi Hendrix is a compilation album of Jimi Hendrix songs originally released on CD in 1997. This 2xLP collects 20 songs spanning his career from his first recordings with the Jimi Hendrix Experience in 1966 to his last with Billy Cox and Mitch Mitchell in 1970.
It is the first comprehensive collection of Hendrix's songs overseen by Experience Hendrix, a family company that took over management of his recording legacy in 1997. Fifteen songs with the Experience are included and five with Hendrix's later groups often referred to as Gypsy Suns and Rainbows and the Cry of Love touring band. No songs from the Band of Gypsys lineup with Buddy Miles are included.LP 1
1. Purple Haze
3. The Wind Cries Mary
4. Hey Joe
5. All Along the Watchtower
6. Stone Free
7. Crosstown Traffic
8. Manic Depression
9. Little Wing
10. If 6 Was 9
1. Foxey Lady
2. Bold as Love
3. Castles Made of Sand
4. Red House
5. Voodoo Child (Slight Return)
7. Night Bird Flying
9. Dolly Dagger
10. Star Spangled Banner (Live at Woodstock)
$24.99Vinyl LP - 2 LPs SealedBuy Now
The Jimi Hendrix Experience (Box Set)8x 180-Gram Vinyl Box Set
The Jimi Hendrix Experience legendary “Purple Box,” which Rolling Stone’s David Fricke proclaimed “The Rolls Royce of posthumous Hendrix sets” is set for release via Legacy Recordings! The box set earned RIAA Gold Album sales status in the US and has enjoyed widespread critical and commercial success throughout the world.
An 8-LP boxed set, The Jimi Hendrix Experience is not a collection of previously existing recordings from Hendrix’s famous studio albums. The Jimi Hendrix Experience presents 56 previously unreleased or unavailable studio and concert recordings from a remarkable four-year period in musical history – 1966-1970 – when guitarist Jimi Hendrix was bringing pop and blues and jazz and soul and psychedelia together and changing the way everybody listened to everything.
First released in 2000, The Jimi Hendrix Experience box is sequenced in chronological order, beginning with the first known recordings of the Jimi Hendrix Experience in October 1966, and continuing through the recording of his groundbreaking studio albums as well as a variety of transcendent performances, and ending with the artist’s final multi-track recording session at New York’s Electric Lady Studios in August 1970.LP 1
1. Purple Haze (DeLane Lea Studios, London, UK, January 11, 1967)
2. Killing Floor (Live at the Olympia Theater, Paris, France October 18, 1966)
3. Hey Joe (Live at the Olympia Theater, Paris, France October 18, 1966)
4. Foxey Lady (CBS Studios, London, UK, December 13, 1966)
5. Highway Chile (Olympic Studios, London, UK April 3, 1967)
6. Hey Joe (Pye Studios, London, UK, October 1966)
7. Title #3 (Olympic Studios, London, UK, April 3, 1967)
8. 3rd Stone From The Sun (DeLane Lea Studios, London, UK, January 11,1967)
9. Here He Comes (Lover Man) (Olympic Studios, London, UK, April 4, 1967)
1. If 6 Was 9 (Olympic Studios, London, UK, May 4, 1967)
2. Burning of the Midnight Lamp (Live at the Dee Time, Lime Grove Studios, London, August 22, 1967)
3. Rock Me Baby (Live at the Monterey International Pop Festival, Los Angeles, CA, June 18, 1967)
4. Like A Rolling Stone (Live at the Monterey International Pop Festival, Los Angeles, CA, June 18, 1967)
5. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Live in Stockholm, Sweden, September 5, 1967)
6. Burning of the Midnight Lamp (Live in Stockholm, Sweden, September 5, 1967)
7. Little Wing (Olympic Studios, London, UK, October 25, 1967)
8. Little Miss Lover (Olympic Studios, London, UK, October 1, 1967)
9. Taking Care Of No Business (Olympic Studios, London, UK, May 4, 1967)
1. The Wind Cries Mary (Live at the Olympia Theater, Paris, France, October 19, 1967)
2. Catfish Blues (Live at the Olympia Theater, Paris, France, October 19, 1967)
3. Bold As Love (Olympic Studios, London, UK, October 5, 1967)
4. Sweet Angel (Olympic Studios, London, UK, November 13, 1967)
5. Fire (Live at Clark University, Worcester, MA, March 15, 1968)
6. Somewhere (Sound Center, New York, NY, March 1968)
7. (Have You Ever Been To) Electric Ladyland (Record Plant, New York, NY, June 14, 1968)
8. Gypsy Eyes (Record Plant, New York, NY, April, 22, 1968)
9. Room Full Of Mirrors (Record Plant, New York, NY, August 12, 1968)
1. Gloria (TTG Studios, Hollywood, CA, October 29, 1968)
2. It's Too Bad (Record Plant, New York, NY, February 11, 1969)
3. Stone Free (Record Plant, New York, NY, April, 7, 1969)
4. Spanish Castle Magic (Olympic Studios, London, UK, February 17, 1969)
5. Hear My Train A Comin' (Olympic Studios, London, UK, February 17, 1969)
1. I Don't Live Today (Live at the Los Angeles Forum, CA, April 26, 1969)
2. Room Full Of Mirrors (Record Plant, New York, NY, April 21, 1969)
3. Star Spangled Banner (Record Plant, New York, NY, March 18, 1969)
4. Little Wing (Live at the Royal Albert Hall, London, UK, February 24, 1969)
5. Red House (Live at the San Diego Sports Arena, CA, May 25, 1969)
1. Purple Haze (Live at the San Diego Sports Arena, CA, May 25, 1969)
2. Voodoo Child (Slight Return) (Live at the Royal Albert Hall, London, UK, February 24, 1969)
3. Izabella (Hit Factory New York, NY, August 29, 1969)
4. Message To Love (Record Plant, New York, NY, December 19, 1969)
5. Earth Blues (Record Plant, New York, NY, December 19, 1969)
6. Country Blues (Record Plant, New York, NY, January 23, 1970)
1. Freedom (Record Plant, New York, NY, February 16, 1970)
2. Astro Man (Record Plant, New York, NY, January 21, 1970)
3. Ezy Ryder (Record Plant, New York, NY, December 18, 1969)
4. Come Down Hard On Me (Electric Lady Studios, New York, NY, July 15, 1970)
5. Johnny B. Goode (Live at the Berkeley Community Theater, Berkeley, CA, May 30, 1970)
6. Lover Man (Live at the Electric Lady Studios, New York, NY, July 20, 1970)
7. Blue Suede Shoes (Live at the Berkeley Community Theater, Berkeley, CA, May 30, 1970)
1. Hey Baby / In From The Storm (Live in Maui, Hawaii, July 30, 1970); Hey Baby\ In From The Storm
2. Cherokee Mist (Electric Lady Studios, New York, NY, June 14, 1970)
3. Night Bird Flying (Electric Lady Studios, New York, NY, June 16, 1970)
4. All Along The Watchtower (Live at the Isle Of Wight, England, UK, August 30, 1970)
5. In from the Storm (Live at the Isle Of Wight, England, UK, August 30, 1970)
6. Slow Blues (Electric Lady Studios, New York, NY, August 20, 1970)
$189.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP Box Set - 8 LPs SealedBuy Now
Singles (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (Deluxe)A Newly Expanded And Remastered Edition In Celebration Of The Film's 25th Anniversary
2xLP Vinyl Package Containing Bonus CD Of Rarities And Unreleased Tracks
Newly Released Bonus CD Features Previously Unreleased Recordings By Chris Cornell, Mike Mccready, Mudhoney, And Paul Westerberg In Addition To Rarities Such As Cornell’s 1992 EP "Poncier"
Includes Liner Notes And A Track-By-Track Description Of The Album’s Music Written Especially For This Collection By Cameron Crowe, The Screenwriter And Director Of “Singles”
Epic Soundtrax and Legacy Recordings, the catalog division of Sony Music Entertainment, will celebrate the 25th anniversary of Cameron Crowe’s groundbreaking romantic comedy, “Singles,” with the release of a newly expanded and remastered edition of the Singles: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack album.
The 2xLP edition features the album’s original 13 tracks newly mastered and freshly pressed across four sides of collectible 12″ vinyl. The bonus CD of rarities and unreleased tracks is included as a special insert in the 2xLP 12″ vinyl package.
The newly released bonus CD features previously unreleased recordings by Chris Cornell, Mike McCready, Mudhoney, and Paul Westerberg in addition to rarities such as Cornell’s 1992 EP Poncier (debuting an early rendition of “Spoonman”) and tracks from the film not included on the best-selling soundtrack album first released on June 30, 1992. The success of “Singles” helped establish a then-emerging new generation of rock artists–including 2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Inductees Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains and Soundgarden–as musical forces to be reckoned with.
The expanded edition of the “Singles” soundtrack includes, for the first time on CD, “Touch Me I’m Dick,” the signature track from “Singles” performed by Citizen Dick (a fictional band created for the film featuring frontman Matt Dillon backed by Pearl Jam’s Eddie Vedder, Stone Gossard and Jeff Ament).
The new Epic Soundtrax/Legacy Recordings edition of the Singles: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack includes liner notes–and a track-by-track description of the album’s music–written for especially for this collection by Cameron Crowe, the screenwriter and director of “Singles.” The newly expanded edition of the film’s soundtrack is produced by Danny Bramson and Cameron Crowe and mastered by Mike Piacentini at Battery Studios, New York.
Set in Seattle at the beginning of the 1990s, Crowe’s film featured music by relatively obscure (at that time) bands like Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains and Soundgarden, providing an introduction to an emerging grunge rock music scene for a welcoming mainstream audience. The film became a cult classic while the soundtrack achieved RIAA double platinum status in the US.
A romantic comedy capturing the zeitgeist of an era, “Singles” helped define the look, sound, attitude and style of Generation X with a fresh-faced ensemble cast featuring Bridget Fonda, Campbell Scott, Kyra Sedgwick, Matt Dillon, Bill Pullman, Sheila Kelly, Jim True-Frost, James LeGros, Ally Walker, Jeremy Piven, Eric Stoltz, Tim Burton and more.
Crowe’s groundbreaking film chronicling the lives of Seattle’s twentysomethings touched a nerve in the culture while the movie’s best-selling soundtrack–with tracks from new artists and classic rockers–provided a critical overview of the roots of grunge and the essential contributions of Seattle rock. Alongside new songs like Alice In Chains’ “Would?” and Pearl Jam’s “Breath” and “State of Love and Trust” stood the Jimi Hendrix Experience’s “May This Be Love” and a breathtaking cover of Led Zeppelin’s “The Battle of Evermore” performed by The Lovemongers (a musical side project created by Heart’s Ann Wilson and Nancy Wilson).
The first edition of the Singles: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack was originally released on June 30, 1992 and became a chart-topping best-seller three months prior to the theatrical release of the film. The soundtrack included music from key bands from the Seattle music scene–including Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden–while Paul Westerberg, in his first solo recordings outside The Replacements–contributed two songs and provided the score for the film. Smashing Pumpkins were also featured on the soundtrack with the song “Drown.”
“The album itself was always designed to be sort of an anti-soundtrack, more like a souvenir and a simple mix-tape of some of Seattle’s finest,” said Cameron Crowe. “It really is and was a tribute to those hard-working bands that welcomed me to their city with open arms, and the music so many still love so much. Anyway, here we are now revisiting ‘Singles,’ the film, as well as the soundtrack you hold in your hands, expanded with a special tip of the hat to the fans of the original release. Included are unreleased and raw elements that helped shape the experience of making the movie back in 1991. Hope you enjoy the trip back as much as I did – Viva Seattle!”
25 years ago, the film “Singles” and its soundtrack worked together to bring the underground Seattle music scene to the forefront of mainstream consciousness. The album was among the first top-selling movie soundtracks of the 1990s to showcase new material from emerging contemporary bands. The expanded edition of Singles: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack is cause to celebrate anew the radical rock sounds that radiated out of the American Northwest a quarter century ago and changed pop music forever.LP 1
1. Would? – Alice In Chains
2. Breath – Pearl Jam
3. Seasons – Chris Cornell
4. Dyslexic Heart – Paul Westerberg
5. Battle Of Evermore – The Lovemongers
6. Chloe Dancer/Crown Of Thorns – Mother Love Bone
1. Birth Ritual – Soundgarden
2. State of Love And Trust – Pearl Jam
3. Overblown – Mudhoney
4. Waiting For Somebody – Paul Westerberg
5. May This Be Love – The Jimi Hendrix Experience
6. Nearly Lost You – Screaming Trees
7. Drown – Smashing Pumpkins
1. Touch Me I’m Dick – Citizen Dick (first time on CD)
2. Nowhere But You – Chris Cornell (Poncier)
3. Spoon Man – Chris Cornell (Poncier)
4. Flutter Girl – Chris Cornell (Poncier)
5. Missing – Chris Cornell (Poncier) (first time on CD)
6. Would? (live) – Alice In Chains (first time on CD)
7. It Ain’t Like That (live) – Alice In Chains (first time on CD)
8. Birth Ritual (live) – Soundgarden (first time on CD)
9. Dyslexic Heart (acoustic) – Paul Westerberg (first time on CD)
10. Waiting For Somebody (score acoustic) – Paul Westerberg (previously unreleased)
11. Overblown (demo) – Mudhoney (previously unreleased)
12. Heart and Lungs – Truly
13. Six Foot Under – Blood Circus
14. Singles Blues 1 – Mike McCready (previously unreleased)
15. Blue Heart – Paul Westerberg (previously unreleased)
16. Lost In Emily’s Words – Paul Westerberg (previously unreleased)
17. Ferry Boat #3 – Chris Cornell (previously unreleased)
18. Score Piece #4 – Chris Cornell (previously unreleased)
$29.99Vinyl LP + CD - 2 LPs SealedBuy Now
Easy Rider Original SoundtrackClear Vinyl
Original Motion Picture Soundtrack reissued on clear vinyl. Includes classic tracks from Steppenwolf, Jimi Hendrix, The Byrds and more.1. Steppenwolf - The Pusher
2. Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild
3. Smith - The Weight
4. The Byrds - Wasn't Born To Follow
5. The Holy Modal Rounders - If You Want To Be A Bird
6. The Fraternity Of Man - Don't Bogart Me
7. The Jimi Hendrix Experience - If Six Was Nine
8. The Electric Prunes - Kyrie Eleison
9. Roger McGuinn - It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
10. Roger McGuinn - Ballad Of Easy Rider
$29.99Colored Vinyl LP - SealedBuy Now
Stone Free/Lover ManFrom Sundazed, the lost 1969 Jimi Hendrix single! Recorded in April, 1969, with key musicians from the guitar god's inner circle—Billy Cox on bass, Mitch Mitchell on drums, along with friends Roger Chapman and Andy Fairweather Low on backing vocals—this new platter features Hendrix' second studio attempt at "Stone Free," perhaps the song associated with him that best encapsulates the artist's restless renegade spirit!
Reprise scheduled this axe anthem as a single not long after the sessions, but for reasons unknown, they issued an earlier version that was recorded in 1966 and had previously appeared as a 1966 B-side in the UK. This revised, rocking, razing take on a favorite song of the performers' (he often performed it in his shows) only later appeared on a posthumous LP in the '70s in an overdubbed version...but it is restored to the original performances here on the new Sundazed 7" edition!
Also included is "Lover Man," a killer, funkified blues track with Billy Cox on bass and Mitch Mitchell on drums, recorded summer, 1970. A tight and tempestuous groove that could've (and should've!) been an A-side of its own.
Two sides of pure, original Jimi Hendrix in his prime, presented by Sundazed in partnership with Experience Hendrix, L.L.C., the fourth in the series of commemorative singles with a new picture sleeve, featuring unique and hard-to-find vintage performances!1. Stone Free
2. Lover Man$9.997" Vinyl SingleBuy Now
The BBC SessionsExperience Hendrix LLC & Legacy Recordings Launch Second Wave of the Monumental 2010 Jimi Hendrix Catalog Project
The Legacy edition of Jimi Hendrix Experience: BBC Sessions brings together recordings from Hendrix's appearances on a variety of BBC radio and television broadcasts from 1967 through 1969. The acclaimed 3 x Audiophile LP set includes Hendrixs unique interpretations of such classics as Bob Dylans Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window?, Muddy Waters Hoochie Coochie Man, the Beatles Day Tripper as well as two songs featuring collaborations with Stevie Wonder. The set also features a previously unreleased version of "Burning Of The Midnight Lamp" from Hendrix's August 24, 1967 appearance on 'Top Of The Pops.'
"Jimi's music is as alive today as it was 40 years ago, and the success of our most recent releases with Sony Legacy provides thrilling confirmation. We have long maintained that the power of Jimi's music and the power of his message would stand the test of time and provide its own bridge to the future," said Janie Hendrix, CEO of Experience Hendrix LLC. "Being partnered with Legacy enables us to reach a more global audience with that message. And the best is yet to come. What we have in store will propel Jimi into a new decade, with unseen footage and unheard versions of his songs that will absolutely amaze today's music lovers. And we're confident that the distribution is in good hands, opening the door to new and fresh markets. The focus of our endeavors is, and always will be, all about Jimi's music."1. Foxey Lady (alternate take, BBC Sessions)
2. Alexis Komer Introduction (BBC Sessions)
3. Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window? (BBC Sessions)
4. Rhythm And Blues World Service (BBC Sessions)
5. (I'm Your) Hoochie Coochie Man (BBC Sessions)
6. Traveling With The Experience (BBC Sessions)
7. Driving South (BBC Sessions)
8. Fire (BBC Sessions)
9. Little Miss Lover (BBC Sessions) 10. Catfish Blues (BBC Sessions)
11. Stone Free (BBC Sessions)
12. Love Or Confusion (BBC Sessions)
13. Hound Dog (BBC Sessions)
14. Hey Joe (BBC Sessions)
15. Killing Floor (BBC Sessions)
16. Manic Depression (BBC Sessions)
17. Driving South (BBC Sessions)
18. Hear My Train A Comin' (BBC Sessions)
19. Purple Haze (BBC Sessions)
20. Radio One (BBC Sessions)
21. Wait Until Tomorrow (BBC Sessions)
22. Day Tripper (BBC Sessions)
23. Introducing The Experience (BBC Sessions)
24. The Burning Of The Midnight Lamp (BBC Sessions)
25. Spanish Castle Magic (BBC Sessions)
26. A Brand New Sound (BBC Sessions)
27. Hey Joe (alternate take, BBC Sessions)
28. Jammin' (BBC Sessions)
29. I Was Made To Love Her (BBC Sessions)
30. Hear My Train A Comin' (alternate take, BBC Sessions)
31. Foxey Lady (BBC Sessions)
32. Driving South (alternate take, BBC Sessions)
33. A Happening For Lulu (BBC Sessions)
34. Voodoo Child (Slight Return) (BBC Sessions)
35. Lulu Intro (BBC Sessions)
36. Hey Joe (BBC Sessions)
37. Sunshine Of Your Love (BBC Sessions)
38. Burning Of The Midnight Lamp (BBC Sessions)
$39.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 3 LPs SealedBuy Now
South Saturn DeltaLegacy's incredible Jimi Hendrix catalog restoration campaign continues with another gem packed full of rarities and treasures! A stunning and insightful collection of 15 essential recordings, South Saturn Delta offers a unique insight into the creative process that Hendrix undertook while crafting many of his most beloved recordings. This compilation assembles 14 previously unavailable recordings from throughout Hendrix's career, including both incarnations of The Experience, Woodstock's Gypsy Sun and Rainbows, and the Band Of Gypsys.
Features early renditions and alternate takes of the classics "Little Wing,"Gap," "All Along The Watchtower," plus previously unheard recordings such as "South Saturn Delta," as well as live cuts from the Rainbow Bridge and War Heroes concerts. A must for any Hendrix enthusiast, and a great reference point for those enamored with otherworldly guitar playing.1. Look Over Yonder
2. Little Wing (Angel)
3. Here He Comes (Lover Man)
4. South Saturn Delta
5. Power Of Soul
6. Message To The Universe (Message To Love)
7. Tax Free
8. All Along The Watchtower
9. The Stars That Play With Laughing Sam's Dice
11. Sweet Angel (Angel)
12. Bleeding Heart (Peoples, Peoples, Peoples)
13. Pali Gap
14. Drifter's Escape
15. Midnight Lightning
$24.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 2 LPs SealedBuy Now
Are You Experienced? (Music On Vinyl) (Mono - UK Cover)Import
Ranked 15/500 on Rolling Stone Magazine's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.
Ex The Animals musician & entrepreneur Chas Chandler had brought Hendrix to the UK, teaming him up with drummer Mitch Mitchell and bassist Noel Redding. Recordings for Are You Experienced had begun in late October 1966, producing a string of singles preceding the illustrious first album by the world's most famous guitarist. While recording, the future working relationship between engineer Eddie Kramer and Hendrix was forged. The debut album by The Jimi Hendrix Experience was initially issued in mono and then 'enhanced stereo' on later issues.
The UK cover photography was by Bruce Flemming. Releases in Europe had the words "Jimi Hendrix" placed above the title. These later issues were 'enhanced stereo', with tracks listed on the back.
The USA & Canadian issues were released after the band appeared at the Monterey Pop Festival in June 1967, along with The Who. Its art was directed by Ed Thrasher, using a Karl Ferris infra-red fish-eye photo. There is a key difference to the tracks on this album, with some removed and replaced by the earlier singles, plus a change to the running order. The spelling "Foxey Lady" appears in some of these issues, and has been adopted for the Music On Vinyl mono reissue.1. Foxy Lady
2. Manic Depression
3. Red House
4. Can You See Me
5. Love or Confusion
6. I Don't Live Today
7. May This Be Love
9. Third Stone from the Sun
11. Are You Experienced?
$36.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP Mono - SealedBuy Now
Live At BerkeleyLegendary 2nd Show Cut from the Original Analog Masters by Bernie Grundman & Pressed on 200g Vinyl at Quality Record Pressings!
The Jimi Hendrix Experience's performances at the Berkeley Community Theatre on May 30, 1970 have always been considered some of the prized live musical moments in Jimi Hendrix's storied career. Previously available in pieces and only as low quality bootlegs, the shows are even more cherished considering they were some of the music legend's last as he passed away a mere months later.
This sensational set finds Jimi in a trio setting with Mitch Mitchell and Billy Cox tearing through definitive live takes of some of Hendrix's most beloved recordings in a bluesy style including "Hey Joe," "Machine Gun," "Foxey Lady," "Purple Haze," and "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)," not to mention a rousing rendition of the "Star Spangled Banner" for good measure!
The 2003 version of this title was cut from digital files, but not this time around! Here we have the complete 12-track, second show, cut from the original analog masters by Bernie Grundman and pressed on 200g 2LP at Quality Record Pressings for supreme sound quality!LP1
2. Pass It On (Straight Ahead)
3. Hey Baby (New Rising Sun)
4. Lover Man
5. Stone Free
6. Hey Joe
7. I Don't Live Today
1. Machine Gun
2. Foxey Lady
3. Star Spangeld Banner
4. Purple Haze
5. Voodoo Child (Slight Return)
$29.99200 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 2 LPs SealedBuy Now
Live At MontereyThe Jimi Hendrix Experience's mythic US debut performance at the Monterey Pop Festival in 1967, pressed on 200 gram audiophile grade vinyl by QRP, with all analogue mastering by Bernie Grundman. This edition includes an essay by Jimi Hendrix Experience drummer Mitch Mitchell.1. Introduction By Brian Jones (Live At Monterey)
2. Killing Floor (Live At Monterey)
3. Foxey Lady (Live At Monterey)
4. Like A Rolling Stone (Live At Monterey)
5. Rock Me Baby (Live At Monterey)
6. Hey Joe (Live At Monterey)
7. Can You See Me (Live At Monterey)
8. The Wind Cries Mary (Live At Monterey)
9. Purple Haze (Live At Monterey)
10. Wild Thing (Live At Monterey)
$24.99200 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - SealedBuy Now
Machine Gun: The Fillmore East First Show - 12/31/1969As the '60s came to a close, Jimi Hendrix pushed the boundaries of funk, rock and R&B with a brand new group, Band of Gypsys. Together with bassist Billy Cox and drummer Buddy Miles, Hendrix unveiled stunning, newly written material across four shows at the legendary Fillmore East in New York City. Machine Gun: The Fillmore East First Show 12/31/69 marks the first time Band of Gypsys' first show has ever been released in its entirety, newly mixed by Eddie Kramer from the original 1" eight-track masters and released on 2xLP 180 gram vinyl.LP 1
1. Power of Soul
2. Lover Man
3. Hear My Train a Comin'
6. Machine Gun
2. Ezy Ryder
3. Bleeding Heart
4. Earth Blues
5. Burning Desire
$34.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 2 LPs SealedBuy Now
Smash HitsCarefully Restored From The Original Analog Master Tapes
Carefully restored from the original analog master tapes, featuring original poster and alternate cover art, the Legacy edition of the Jimi Hendrix Experience's Smash Hits includes timeless classics like "Purple Haze," "Hey Joe," "Red House" (a different take from the UK Are You Experienced version), "Fire" plus 8 more essential Hendrix tracks. First released in 1969, Smash Hits has proved to be immensely popular, serving as a critical introduction to the Hendrix canon for successive generations of fans.
This 2016 edition of Smash Hits includes a recreation of the poster that came with the original U.S. LP release, depicting band members Jimi Hendrix, Mitch Mitchell and Noel Redding dressed in western attire on horseback. The photograph, taken by Grammy-winning photographer Ed Thrasher (Grateful Dead, Neil Young, the Beach Boys) at Warner Bros. film studios in Burbank, CA in early 1969, was conceived as sleeve art for the album. Now, for the first time ever, Thrasher's photo finally graces the cover of Smash Hits, as originally intended.1. Purple Haze
3. The Wind Cries Mary
4. Can You See Me
5. Hey Joe
6. All Along the Watchtower
7. Stone Free
8. Crosstown Traffic
9. Manic Depression
11. Red House
12. Foxey Lady
$19.99Vinyl LP - SealedBuy Now
Miami Pop FestivalAll Analog Cut By Bernie Grundman & Pressed At QRP On 200 Gram Vinyl.
First-Ever Release of One Of The Guitar Virtuoso's Most Sought-After Performances, As Originally Recorded On Site By Hendrix's Long Term Sound Engineer, Eddie Kramer.
Jimi Hendrix Experience: Miami Pop Festival introduces the first recorded stage performances of "Hear My Train A Comin'" and "Tax Free" while showcasing definitive live takes on such classics as "Fire," "Hey Joe," "I Don't Live Today" and "Purple Haze." The package includes never before published photos taken at the festival and an essay by award-winning music journalist and Grammy Museum Executive Director Bob Santelli.
The first ever major rock festival staged on the East Coast, the May 1968 Miami Pop Festival was the first event promoted by Michael Lang--who would organize Woodstock, the biggest pop culture event of the decade, fifteen months later--and Ric O'Barry, who had been the dolphin trainer for the popular television program Flipper. Lang and O'Barry had been inspired by the June 1967 Monterey Pop Festival, the groundbreaking gathering where Jimi Hendrix, making his US debut, famously set fire to his guitar at the conclusion of his performance. Lang staged the festival at Gulfstream Park in Hallandale, Florida, securing the Jimi Hendrix Experience as the headline act for the two-day festival.LP 1
2. Hey Joe
3. Foxey Lady
4. Tax Free
6. Hear My Train a Comin'
7. I Don't Live Today
1. Red House
2. Purple Haze
3. Fire (Afternoon Show)
4. Foxey Lady (Afternoon Show)
$39.99200 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 2 LPs SealedBuy Now
A self-taught musician, Hendrix played a Fender Stratocaster guitar turned upside down ("left-handed") and restrung to suit him. Hendrix pioneered the technique of guitar feedback with overdriven amplifiers, incorporating what was previously an undesirable sound into his music. He built upon the innovations and influences of blues stylists such as B.B. King, Muddy Waters, Albert King, and T-Bone Walker, and derived style from rhythm and blues and soul guitarists Curtis Mayfield, Steve Cropper, and Cornell Dupree, as well as from traditional jazz. Hendrix's flamboyant stage persona was most likely inspired by rock pioneer Little Richard, with whom he toured as part of Richard's back-up band, "The Upsetters".
Hendrix was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 1992 and the UK Music Hall of Fame in 2005. His star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame was dedicated in 1994. In 2006, his debut album, Are You Experienced, was inducted into the United States National Recording Preservation Board's National Recording Registry.