Label / Make
Genre / Model
- Please Select
- Name: A to Z
- Name: Z to A
- Price: Low to High
- Price: High to Low
Pre-order Vinyl Records
Melco N1ZH/2 Music Server (Pre-Order)
Have a question about this product? Please email our audio advisor or call 1-877-929-8729 with any questions or concerns regarding your equipment purchase.
Melco N1Z/2 Hardware
Melco N1Z/2 is the flagship of the new Mk2 series. True audiophile source components designed for both Ethernet connected Players (Streamers) and for connection to a USB connected DAC. The N1Z/2 is constructed as a true Hi-Fi source component with heavy anodised aluminium chassis sections bead blasted to a delightful finish, and with an internal rigid H frame to isolate vibration and isolate the various sections of the hardware. Twin power supplies with additional capacitor banks with audio grade film capacitors isolate the HDD from the data processing, and multiple stages of noise reduction and isolation ensure the quietest possible environment for the sensitive electronics. A precision low jitter clock handles the data flow whether to the USB-DAC or the Ethernet player. The drives are mounted on massive non-magnetic foundation plate, and the N1ZS20 uses 2nd generation SSD which is quite unlike IT SSD which seriously compromise sound quality. The SSDS are format as RAID 0 for optimum sound quality. The N1ZH has SFF drives – which are much less electrical noise than conventional 3.5 inch HDD. Operation of the N1Z is very convenient, with a dedicated Neutrik USB 2.0 port for a DAC, and then 3 USB 3.0 ports for Easy backup, Easy Expansion, Easy Import of CD or from USB drives, Easy Play without import from USB drives or CD loader so that a legacy CD collection can benefit from the latest DAC technology. All without ant require men for a PC or any IT type devices.
Constructed as a pure Audiophile Source Component
- Heavy aluminium extrusions, bead blasted to a beautiful anodised finish
- High stability noise eliminating H cross-frame construction for mechanical integrity
- Single press power button – same as Hi-Fi components and unlike any IT device
- Comfortable front panel buttons with positive click for easy operation
- OLED display to reduce internal noise
- Rear USB 3.0 ports – BACKUP, EXPANSION USB-DAC or Easy Import from Flash drive, CD drive or HDD
- 3 pole IEC mains inlet with true electrical ground to define source component as ground point, and internal power-line noise filter.
- TAOC vibration isolating feet
- Dual Ethernet ports - dedicated PLAYER port and LAN port
- Direct Mode allows N1 to connect to Player without any Router (Melco gives IP address to Player)
- RJ-45 with low noise light pipe LED indicators
- Micro miniature high performance network pulse transformers
- Audio grade ultra-low jitter internal data clock
- High data integrity and precision low jitter clock buffer
- FPGA voltage control system
- Simply connect a USB-DAC to the connected port to use the N1Z/2 as Player and Transport
- Play Local stored music, Network music from UPnP player, Streaming Music (requires Android Tablet), USB Music and CD
- Control and music selection from the front panel OLED display
- Control from your favourite iOS or Android App
- Low noise 30W x2 medical grade power supplies and capacitor banks with audio grade film capacitors
- Dedicated supply for SSD / HDD and signal processing electronics to isolate noise
- 3 pole IEC mains inlet with noise filters maintain a noise free environment. Signal ground terminal defines the N1Z as the system source
- Revised internal wiring harness and noise isolation
$4,999.00Music ServerPRE-ORDER Buy Now
- N1ZS/2 – 2nd Generation Audio Grade SSD. Totally unlike IT drives - new NAND array audio dedicated controller
- Precision slow data writing and self-integrity check
- SSD is mounted on heavy non-magnetic foundation within an isolated compartment of the H frame and is powered by dedicated SHDD power supply
- N1ZH/2: large capacity SFF HDD (2 x 3TB RAID 0,1, Spanned)
- Latest low noise and low vibration SFF design
Manley Headphone Amplifier (Pre-Order)
Manley Laboratories have been designing and manufacturing professional and hi-fidelity audio equipment for the last twenty five years. Headphone listening has become more and more popular in recent years. To meet this new demand Manley have combined its professional and domestic engineering skills to develop a new and exciting groundbreaking product, The Manley Headphone Amplifier.
Headphone listening is not new to us, we have developed headphone mixers for the professional industry and our Neo-Classic 300B preamplifier was designed with the serious headphone listener in-mind, which now has quite a cult following. The new Manley Headphone Amplifier addresses absolutely every possible feature the headphone user could desire.
This feature rich product has no less than twelve independent controls designed for maximum performance and maximum control. We design and manufacture our own output transformers and this is where this product excels. The Manley Headphone Amplifier utilizes hand-wound air gapped dual mode output transformers. The user can configure the unit for all triode Push-Pull mode or Single-Ended mode. The transformer can be configured to drive three types of headphone loads, covering a range from 12 to 600 ohms.
The enthusiast can also vary the Feedback from 0dB to 10dB, maintaining a ruler-flat frequency response across the audio band, demonstrating how stable the design is. For increased transparency and accuracy we have incorporated a Precision Stepped Relay Volume control with perfect channel balance. A balance control is also available for extra sensitivity. The Manley Headphone Amplifier operates fully symmetrical, enabling it to drive balanced headphones through its XLR output. Also available is the standard non-balanced “Jack” plug or TRS connection. Another very useful feature is a preamplifier output, which routes your first input through the system when not in use, no need for unplugging sources! The Manley Headphone amplifier can also be used as a stand-alone transformer coupled preamplifier, so it can be partnered with any power amplifier if so desired.
With the advent of expensive and high technology headphones it was important for the Manley design team to think about protection. So the Manley Headphone Amplifier features a user defined headphone overload protection system. The user dials this in so precious headphones are never overdriven. For maximum performance and the lowest noise floor, The Manley Headphone Amplifier incorporates a very high-tech switching audiophile power supply. The high-tension and low-tension rails are all fully regulated offering super low impedance for a fast and dynamic response.
The Manley Headphone Amplifier also incorporates a tone control circuit…what? for an audiophile product!! Yes! With the expertise gleaned from building professional studio equipment, we have incorporated the best possible solution for a tone control. It is completely switchable, so for the real purist it is completely out of the circuit, but if you need that slight adjustment for a hard digital recording the feature is there.
The Manley Headphone Amplifier is a very unusual design. Zia Faruqi, who is responsible for running the engineering team and industrial design at Manley Laboratories, developed its concept. “I wanted a design that would reflect the use of this piece of equipment. Its shape was inspired by a head, a piece that you could rest your headphones on, a piece that you want to indulge yourself in” Mitch Margolis who worked on the Steelhead and our 300B amplifiers worked with our head engineer Humberto Rodriguez to finalize its design. Available in three different colors for today’s lifestyle choices. Champagne & White, Titanium & Bronze and Copper & Black.$2,950.00Headphone AmplifierPRE-ORDER Buy Now