The Classics is a stunning new album from the world's most exciting film composer, Hans Zimmer. The album features back-to-back blockbuster hits including the iconic music from Pirates of the Caribbean, Academy Award®-winner The Lion King, the powerful and evocative theme from The Dark Knight Rises and the Platinum-selling "Now We Are Free" from Gladiator. For the first time, the bold and unmistakable music of Hans Zimmer has been reimagined and arranged for some of the world's greatest classical musicians, including The Piano Guys, Lang Lang, 2CELLOS, Lindsey Stirling, Till Brönner, Amy Dickson, Leona Lewis and many more. This incredible collection is a must-have for all fans of the most in-demand composer in Hollywood.
Hans Zimmer has scored more than 120 films, which have, combined, grossed over 24 billion dollars at the worldwide box office. He has been honored with an Academy Award®, two Golden Globes®, three Grammys®, an American Music Award and a Tony® award. In 2003, ASCAP presented him with the prestigious Henry Mancini Award for lifetime achievement for his impressive and influential body of work. He also received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in December 2010. His Academy Award®-winning score to The Lion King has sold over 15 million copies since release in the early 90s. Some of his most recent works include Zack Snyder's Man of Steel, The Lone Ranger, History Channel's miniseries The Bible, the Christopher Nolan-directed films Inception, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises; Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, Ron Howard's Rush and Steve McQueen's Twelve Years A Slave. His most recent Academy Award® nomination, his 10th, was for Interstellar.
1. Main Theme (From The Dark Knight Rises) - Lindsey Stirling
2. Themes from Pirates of the Caribbean - The Piano Guys
3. Gladiator Rhapsody (From Gladiator) - Lang Lang
4. Main Theme (From Crimson Tide) - Till Brönner
5. Time (From Inception) - Tina Guo
6. This Land (From The Lion King) - Amy Dickson
7. Now We Are Free (From Gladiator) - Leona Lewis
8. Flight (From Man of Steel) - Lang Lang / Maxim Vengerov
9. Light (From The Thin Red Line) - Maxim Vengerov
10. The Battle Scene (From Gladiator) - Khatia Buniatishvili
11. The Well (From The Ring) - 2CELLOS
12. The Docking Scene (From Interstellar) - Roger Sayer