- Lowest Price
- Highest Price
Zapp IZapp (also known as the Zapp Band or Zapp and Roger) is undoubtedly the most influential group in the Electro sub-genre of Funk. The group received attention in the early 1980s for implementing heavy use of the talk-box, which became one of their most well known characteristics. Zapp served as partial inspiration toward the creation of the G-Funk sound of Hip Hop popular on the West Coast of the United States in the early to mid 1990s, with many of their songs sampled by numerous Hip Hop artists, most notably Dr. Dre.
The original line-up consisted of four brothers-Roger Troutman, Larry Troutman, Lester Troutman and Terry Troutman-and non-Troutman family members Bobby Glover and Gregory Jackson. During their early stages, they worked closely with members George Clinton and Bootsy Collins of the seminal Funkateers of Parliament-Funkadelic. Their debut album I was released in 1980, having a P-funk reminiscent sound as a result of Clinton's and Collin's input on the production.
Zapp achieved most of its mainstream recognition from the single More Bounce To The Ounce from the same album, now widely regarded as a classic example of early 1980s electronic Funk. The single propelled the album to Gold status almost overnight.1. More Bounce To The Ounce
3. Brand New Pplayer
4. Funky Bounce
5. Be Alright
6. Coming Home$34.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
World Wide Funk (Awaiting Repress)Pressed On 2x Funkalicious Splatter Vinyl!
Bootsy Collins was born a long, long time ago in a subterranean cavern full of shining dinosaurs deep below the Ohio River.... - Iggy Pop, introduction to World Wide Funk
The funk runs deep and rich on World Wide Funk, Bootsy Collins' first studio album since 2011's Tha Funk Capital of the World. Populated with musical friends old and new, and recorded in his Cincinnati home's Bootzilla Re-hab studio, World Wide Funk marks both a reckoning and significant reboot, if you will, for the Rhinestone Rock Star Monster of a doll baby baba! Blue-chip rappers like Doug E. Fresh, Big Daddy Kane, DJ Quik, Dru Down, and Chuck D, along with guitar shredder Buckethead, join a Bootsy-curated posse of fresh new artists on a record that embraces everything from the classic P-Funk sound Bootsy pioneered to the closest Collins has ever come to radio-active, boots on the ground, friendly fire in a musical-P-rated-adventure.LP 1
1. World Wide Funk (feat. Doug E. Fresh, Buckethead & Alissia Benveniste)
2. Bass-Rigged-System (feat. Victor Wooten, Stanley Clarke, Manou Gallo, Alissia Benveniste & World-Wide-Funkdrive)
3. Pusherman (feat. Dru Down, BlvckSeeds , Mr. Talkbox)
4. Thera-P (feat. Tyshawn Colquitt & Alissia Benveniste)
5. Hot Saucer (feat. Musiq Soulchild & Big Daddy Kane)
6. Heaven Yes
7. Ladies Nite (feat. MC Eiht & BlvckSeeds)
8. Candy Coated Lover (feat. X-Zact, Kali Uchis & World-Wide-Funkdrive)
1. Snow Bunny (feat. Tyshawn Colquitt, Snowbunny & World-Wide-Funkdrive)
2. Hi-On-Heels (feat. October London)
3. A Salute To Bernie (feat. Dr. G. Bernie Worrell)
4. Boomerang (feat. Justin Johnson)
5. Worth My While (feat. Kali Uchis)
6. Come Back Bootsy (feat. Eric Gales, Dennis Chambers & World-Wide-Funkdrive)
7. Illusions (feat. Chuck D, Buckethead & BlvckSeeds)$24.99Colored Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed AWAITING REPRESS Buy Now
OVSE-MOV-1375xBootsy's Rubber Band
Stretchin' Out In Bootsy's Rubber BandStretchin' Out in Bootsy's Rubber Band (1976) is the first album by American Funk and Soul band Bootsy's Rubber Band, led by James Brown & Parliament Funkadelic alumnus, bassist and vocalist William Bootsy Collins.
On the album, Bootsy's output served up one side of upbeat tracks perfect for getting down & jiggy with it. That certainly is the case on the title track Stretchin' Out, thrusted forward 'on the one' by Collins' pulsating bass.
Then the mood of the music begins to turn incrementally more intimate, so that by the conclusion of the second side, if circumstances warranted, you could end up with an appropriately sexy ballad as a sonic night cap of sorts.
Stretchin' Out In Bootsy's Rubber Band peaked 10th place in 1976 in the R&B Albums Chart.1. Stretchin' Out (in A Rubber Band)
3. Another Point Of View
4. I'd Rather Be With You
5. Love Vibes
6. Physical Love
7. Vanish In Our Sleep$34.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Let's Take It To The StageFunkadelic's classic 1975 studio release, Let's Take It To The Stage, is the group's first album to feature legendary bassist Bootsy Collins. The addition results in even funkier material such as Get Off Your Ass And Jam, Stuff & Things Better By The Pound and Good To Your Earhole.1. Good To Your Earhole
2. Better By The Pound
3. Be My Beach
4. No Head, No Backstage Pass
5. Let's Take It To The Stage
6. Get Off Your Ass And Jam
7. I Owe You Something Good
8. Stuffs & Things
9. The Song Is Familiar
10. Atmosphere$21.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
OVSE-MOV-1404xBootsy's Rubber Band
Ahh... The Name Is Bootsy, Baby!Produced by George Clinton
Following up on their debut Stretchin' Out In Bootsy's Rubber Band [MOVLP1375], Ahh The Name Is Bootsy, Baby! is the second album by American Funk act Bootsy's Rubber Band, originally released in 1977. The album was produced by Parliament Funkadelic's funk meister George Clinton and bass player & front man William Bootsy Collins. With the help of Clinton, the band has released four LPs in the '70s. This particular album reached number One on Billboard magazine's Top R&B/Soul albums chart.
The band features Bootsy's brother Phelps Catfish Collins, Jr on guitar, Frankie Kash on drums, Frederick Flintstone Allen on drums and James Brown regulars Maceo Parker and Fred Wesley on horns. Guest appearances include saxophonist Randy and trumpeter Michael Brecker, and keyboardist Bernie Worrell, amongst others.
Everything on the album is excellent, that is true of up-tempo smokers like The Pinocchio Theory and the title song as well as slow, moody, eerie offerings such as What's a Telephone Bill? and Munchies For Your Love. The lyrics are consistently humorous and clever, the grooves are consistently infectious. Ahh... The Name Is Bootsy, Baby! bears that distinctive P-funk sound, and is essential listening for lovers of hard 1970s Funk.Side A - El Uno - A Friendly Boo
1. Ahh...the Name Is Bootsy, Baby
2. The Pinocchio Theory
3. Rubber Duckie
4. Preview Side Too
Side B - Un Dos - Geepieland Music
1. What's A Telephone Bill?
2. Munchies For Your Love
3. Can't Stay Away
4. Reprise: We Want Bootsy$34.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
High On YouSly Stone is a songwriter and record producer, mostly famous for his role as frontman for Sly and the Family Stone. The band played a critical role in the development of soul, funk, rock, and psychedelics in the 1960s and '70s.
Sly Stone was identified as a musical prodigy at a young age. By the time he was seven, Sylvester had already become proficient on the keyboards and by the age of eleven he had mastered the guitar, bass, and drums as well. While still in high school, Sylvester had settled primarily on the guitar and joined a number of high school bands.
The most talented musician I know is Sly Stone, Bootsy Collins told Mojo magazine (March 2002 issue). He's more talented than anybody I ever have seen - he's amazing. I worked with him in Detroit from 1981 to '83, and to see him just fooling around, playing, jamming, is a whole other trip. He's the most amazing musician.
In 1993 he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of the group.
High On You (1975) is the first solo album by songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Sly Stone. For the most part, Stone performed a large part of the instrumentation for each song on his own by using multi-tracking. The album prominently features vocalist Rudy Love and includes the singles I Get High on You, Le Lo Li and Crossword Puzzle.1. I Get High On You
2. Crossword Puzzle
3. That's Lovin' You
4. Who Do You Love?
5. Green Eyed Monster Girl
7. Le Lo Li
8. My World
9. So Good To Me
10. Greed$34.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Love Power PeaceFirst Release Of 3 LP Set As Envisioned By James Brown
Includes Deluxe Jacket With Rare Photos And Liner Notes By Alan Leeds
Mastered From Brown's 1971 Mixdown Reels, Unused Until Now
James Brown's magnum opus! Love Power Peace is the sound of the Godfather and his youngblood J.B.'s (including Bootsy and Catfish Collins) electrifying a crazed Parisian audience on March 8, 1971. Sequenced and mixed by Brown himself for a planned triple album, the set was shelved when key band members departed before it could be issued. Here, for the first time, are the sides as intended, exactly as delivered by James Brown Productions to his label in 1971-a 3-LP set with each disc mastered from the original mixdown reels, and each with a unique name, Love, Power and Peace! Brown and band rip through recent singles like "Sex Machine," "Super Bad," "Give It Up or Turnit a Loose" and "Get Up, Get Into It, Get Involved" with a metronomic precision laid down by bassist Bootsy Collins and drummer Jabo Starks. "Ain't It Funky Now" - formerly a slow, simmering groove - is transformed into a fast, funky tour de force in which newbie Catfish Collins unleashes one of the most badass guitar solos ever, while a medley of three other Brown standards ("Papa's Got a Brand New Bag"/"I Got You (I Feel Good)"/"I Got the Feelin' ") blazes by faster than the Godfather of Soul's personal Learjet. Interspersed with just the right amount of slow numbers like "Georgia on My Mind," and including tracks from the show's supporting acts that were not included on the 1992 CD (which was a remixed, incomplete show), this document of the funk revolution features rare photos and liner notes by tour director Alan Leeds. The way to jump on board for a trip through James' world at the height of his career!LP1
2. Brother Rapp
3. Ain't It Funky Now
4. Georgia On My Mind - Part 1
5. Georgia On My Mind - Part 2
7. Intro: Bobby Byrd
8. Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours
9. I Need Help (I Can't Do It Alone)
1. Introduction: Vicki Anderson
2. Don't Play That Song (You Lied)
4. Break & Intro Announcement
5. Dance & It's A New Day
6. Bewildered - Part 1
7. Bewildered - Part 2
8. There Was A Time
9. Sex Machine
10. Try Me - Part 1
1. Try Me - Part 2
2. Papa's Got A Brand New Bag/I Got You/I Got The Feelin'
3. Give It Up Or Turnit A Loose
4. It's A Man's Man's Man's World
5. Who Am I
6. Please Please Please
7. Sex Machine (Reprise)
8. Super Bad
9. Get Up, Get Into It, Get Involved
10. Soul Power
11. Get Up, Get Into It, Get Involved (Reprise)
12. Finale$49.99Vinyl LP - 3 LPs Sealed Buy Now
I'm Back! Family And FriendsFirst New Album by Legendary Funk Pioneer Sly Stone Since 1982!
Features Brand New Versions of Slys Biggest Hits & 3 Previously Unreleased Tracks w/ Help from Rock 'n Roll Royalty!
Its been more than two decades since the frontman for the groundbreaking R&B/soul outfit Sly & The Family Stone has released a full album of new recordings. In that time, Sly Stone has become one of musics most elusive recluses, making live appearances on rare occasions at select events, including the 2006 Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame induction ceremony, and all the while his legend has grown and grown.
In recent years, Stone, the writer of some of the most timeless and influential gems in music history such as Dance To the Music, Everyday People and Family Affair, has wrestled with demons both personal and professional, but never allowed the inspirational flame to die out completely.
Now, Sly returns with brand new versions of classic songs from the Stone family repertoire such as Dance To the Music, Everyday People, Family Affair, Thank You (Falentinme Be Mice Elf Agin) plus 3 previously unreleased tracks aided by the likes of Jeff Beck, Ray Manzarek, Bootsy Collins, Ann Wilson, Carmine Appice and Johnny Winter.1. Dance To The Music feat. Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
2. Everyday People feat. Ann Wilson (Heart)
3. Family Affair
4. Stand! feat. Carmine Appice (Vanilla Fudge) & Ernie Watts
5. Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin) feat. Johnny Winter
6. (I Want To Take You) Higher feat. Jeff Beck
7. Hot Fun In The Summertime feat. Bootsy Collins
8. Dance To The Music (Extended Mix)
9. Plain Jane
10. His Eye Is On The Sparrow
11. Get Away$22.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
America Eats Its Young (Colored Vinyl)Reissued On One Red And One Green Vinyl In A Deluxe Tip-on Gatefold Jacket
The 4th album from George Clinton's funk/psych/rock outfit, originally released in 1972, is a double LP of epic proportions. Deep and heavy grooves propelled by the always amazing guitar, bass and keyboard work of Eddie Hazel, William Bootsy Collins, and Bernie Worrell, respectively. Equally sleazy, political, heartfelt, and just plain bizarre, America Eats Its Young was, and remains, one of the few double albums of the 1970s that warranted every single minute of wax.
1. You Hit The Nail On The Head
2. If You Don't Like The Effects, Don't Produce The Cause
3. Everybody Is Going To Make It This Time
4. A Joyful Process
5. We Hurt Too
6. Loose Booty
2. America Eats Its Young
3. Biological Speculation
4. That Was My Girl
6. Miss Lucifer's Love
7. Wake Up$28.99Colored Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
Blow-Up SoundtrackBlow-Up is a soundtrack album by Herbie Hancock featuring music composed for Michelangelo Antonioni's cult film Blow-Up, released in 1966. Musically the songs evoke the ambience of swinging Sixties' London with grooves that create effective bluesy Jazz moods on the slow pieces, and funky ones on the up-tempo tracks.
The album features performances by Hancock on keys, Freddie Hubbard and Joe Newman on trumpet, Phil Woods and Joe Henderson on sax, Ron Carter on bass and Jack DeJohnette on drums. Rumours go that either the fabled Jimmy Smith or Paul Griffin played the Hammond organ on this record.
Rock fans remember the film and the soundtrack for the inclusion of a rare Yardbirds number, Stroll On (actually, an adaptation of Tiny Bradshaw's The Train Kept A-Rollin'), one of only three songs they recorded with both Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page on guitars. The bassline to Bring Down The Birds was sampled by Deee-Lite for their 1990 hit single Groove Is In The Heart featuring Bootsy Collins.1. Main Title - "Blow Up"
2. Verushka Part I
3. Verushka Part II
4. The Naked Camera
5. Bring Down The Birds
6. Jane's Theme
7. Stroll On
8. The Thief
9. The Kiss
11. Thomas Studies Photos
12. The Bed
13. End Title - "Blow Up"$34.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
asyncAs one-third of Yellow Magic Orchestra and an Academy Award-winning composer for his work on the soundtrack for The Last Emperor, synth pop innovator Ryuichi Sakamoto is among the most groundbreaking artists to have emerged since the late 70s. A musician's musician, Ryuichi Sakamoto has created intriguing musical unions with artists such as David Sylvian, Iggy Pop, Tony Williams, Bootsy Collins, Jacques Morelenbaum and many others.
async is Ryuichi Sakamoto's first studio album in eight years. This is his most personal release as it follows a long fight against cancer from which Ryuichi Sakamoto emerged with a renewed and passionate creative energy.
What kind of sounds/music do I want to listen to?
async is the answer to this question Ryuichi has asked himself for the past several years. This is the album he is the most proud of which synthesizes all of his musical and sound interests. This is a journey through analog synth, the sounds of things and of places, an imaginary soundtrack to an Andrei Tarkovsky film and many others musical surprises.LP 1
3. LIFE, LIFE
7. water state 2$30.99Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
async remodels (Pre-Order)As one-third of Yellow Magic Orchestra and an Academy Award-winning composer for his work on the soundtrack for The Last Emperor, synth pop innovator Ryuichi Sakamoto is among the most groundbreaking artists to have emerged since the late 70s. A musician's musician, Ryuichi Sakamoto has created intriguing musical unions with artists such as David Sylvian, Iggy Pop, Tony Williams, Bootsy Collins, Jacques Morelenbaum and many others.
Following the massively successful release of the electronic masterpiece async in 2017, Ryuichi Sakamoto's first studio album in eight years, Milan is proud to announce the remix compilation async remodels. async remodels features a dozen remixes of async's tracks by a who's-who of experimental giants - everyone from Icelandic composer Jóhann Jóhannsson (Arrival, Sicario) to Oneohtrix Point Never (composer of Good Times) to Arca (producer of Bjork's numerous releases) have gotten their hands dirty remixing Sakamoto's work. Even reworks by the Canadian synthpop duo Electric Youth and Austin-based synthwave legends S U R V I V E are included.
async remodels is also getting the vinyl treatment. Pressed on a pair of 180g black LPs for superior audio quality and housed in a matte coated gatefold jacket, this is one vinyl release Sakamoto fans can't afford to miss.LP 1
1. andata (Oneohtrix Point Never Remix)
2. andata (Electric Youth Remix)
3. disintegration (Alva Noto Remodel)
4. async (ARCA Remix)
5. fullmoon (Motion Graphics Remix)
6. solari (Fennesz Remix)
1. solari (Jóhann Jóhannsson Rework)
2. ZURE (Yves Tumor Obsession Edit)
3. fullmoon (S U R V I V E Version)
4. ZURE (Cornelius Remix)
5. Life, Life (Andy Stott Remodel)$30.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed PRE-ORDER Buy Now
These Are The JBsThe Unreleased Album By James Brown's Backing Band: The Bootsy Collins-lead JB's
Never-before-heard James Brown and J.B.'s originals and covers of Jimi Hendrix, Kool & the Gang, the Meters. Contains a 12-page booklet with full annotation, liner notes by Brown historian Alan Leeds and never-before-published photos.
This album is the Rosetta Stone of funk's dominant idioms, yet its existence has barely been a rumor. In 1970 James Brown perfectly captured a definitive moment in modern music when he ordered Bootsy Collins into the studio to record the tracks that would be test pressed on King Records as These Are The J.B.'s. This album is the epitome of funk music, Brown's innovation that influenced everything that came after it, from Afro-beat to disco to hip-hop. And if there is any funk ensemble as influential as Brown's, in the post-"Cold Sweat" musical landscape, it's the Parliament/Funkadelic contingent. Those two streams, as Grammy Winning James Brown historian Alan Leeds details in this album's liner notes, converged for the first time here.
This link between Brown's funk and all that followed features Bootsy and his young band running through twelve-minute instrumental take of Marva Whitney's "It's My Thing," replete with blues chord changes, alongside interpretations of the Meters, Kool and the Gang and none other than Jimi Hendrix. This is a young band's James Brown-turned-on-his-head style of funk that they nail in a one-minute vamp that pre-dates their obscure but important work as the Houseguests ensemble and embodies the essence of the psychedelic-flavored music that would propel them into the orbit of
George Clinton and his mothership, where they poked cosmic holes in funk's polyrhythmic ozone layer in the mid-1970s.
There are only two extant copies of the original King Records test press LP of These Are The J.B.'s. This, the first commercial issue of this album, was overseen by Now-Again's Egon alongside Leeds and Universal Music Group's James Brown expert Harry Weinger. It was mastered specifically for vinyl by Elysian Master's Dave Cooley from the original two-track stereo master that James Brown and his engineer Ron Lenhoff delivered to production forty-four years ago. It comes with a 12-page booklet with liner notes by Leeds and Egon and many unpublished photographs and ephemera.1. These Are The JBs (Part 1 & 2)
2. I'll Ze
3. The Grunt (Part 1 & 2)
4. When You Feel It, Grunt If You Can$24.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
West Coast Seattle Boy: The Jimi Hendrix Anthology (Awaiting Repress)LPs Cut from the Original Masters at Sterling Sound by Iconic Engineer George Marino
58-Track Behemoth Includes 45 Previously Unreleased Hendrix Studio and Live Recordings
Hendrix's Journey Traced in Music: From Little-Known R&B Sideman to Rock Superstar
Ultimate Hendrix Set is the Jewel of Legacy's Catalog Restoration Project
The wave of newly re-mastered, all-analog Jimi Hendrix titles culminates in the long awaited release of West Coast Seattle Boy: The Jimi Hendrix Anthology. This definitive career-spanning 8-LP Box Set tracks Hendrixs remarkable journey from R&B sideman to international guitar hero. The deluxe set is filled with previously unreleased Jimi Hendrix Experience recordings plus demos, alternate takes, and more. This newly assembled Jimi Hendrix anthology also includes a new Hendrix documentary DVD, directed by the Grammy award-winning Bob Smeaton (Beatles Anthology, Festival Express, and Beatles: The Studio Recordings). The LPs have been cut from the original masters at Sterling Sound in Manhattan by iconic engineer George Marino.
This long-awaited career-spanning box set tracks Hendrix's remarkable journey from little known R&B sideman to international stardom through an unprecedented assemblage of previously unavailable recordings. West Coast Seattle Boy - The Jimi Hendrix Anthology is not a collection of existing Hendrix albums but instead 45 unreleased Hendrix live and studio recordings including demos and alternate versions of songs from Are You Experienced, Axis: Bold As Love, and Electric Ladyland.
West Coast Seattle Boy includes Hendrixs never before heard version of Bob Dylans 'Tears Of Rage, solo acoustic recordings of Electric Ladyland favorites like Long Hot Summer Night and 1983 (A Merman I Shall Turn To Be) as well as never before heard live performances from Berkeley and the legendary Band Of Gypsys Fillmore East concert on New Year's Eve 1969 combined together with such new Hendrix songs as Hear My Freedom, Hound Dog Blues, Lonely Avenue and more.
A centerpiece achievement in Legacy Recordings' monumental Jimi Hendrix catalog project, West Coast Seattle Boy - The Jimi Hendrix Anthology is the first Hendrix collection to bring fans access to a comprehensive treasure trove of fresh material -- including demos, alternate takes, live concert jewels and more -- from all phases of the artist's recording career (1964 -1970). It offers the most complete collection of Jimi's pre-Experience R&B performances (including his singles with the Isley Brothers, Little Richard, Don Covay, King Curtis and more) to ever be officially anthologized, while bringing together the most comprehensive and revelatory set of fully realized songs, never before heard live performances, alternate studio takes, acoustic and electric demos, and other rarities drawn from every chapter of Hendrix's remarkable life and career.
The newly curated and assembled West Coast Seattle Boy - The Jimi Hendrix Anthology also includes Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child, a new 90-minute documentary directed by the multiple Grammy-award winning Bob Smeaton (Beatles Anthology, Festival Express, Beatles: The Studio Recordings, Band of Gypsys). An autobiographical journey told in the legendary musician's own words as read by Parliament-Funkadelic's Bootsy Collins, the film incorporates interviews with Hendrix, coupled with the artist's letters, writings and recordings to provide new insight into one of the most enduring icons of popular culture.
The documentary features some of Jimi's greatest performances as well as rare and never before seen footage and photos including--for the first time ever--examples from the Hendrix family archive of the late guitarists personal drawings, postcards home to his father, song drafts, sketches, and lyrics.
Who better to tell the incredible story of a man's life than the man himself? Jimi was amazing and only his music, with tones and textures that he conjured, can capture the colorful and expansive essence of his time here on earth. I am enthralled with this all-encompassing new anthology which not only illuminates his years on both sides of the Atlantic and beautifully reveals his versatility as a performer, from his R&B origins to his explosion on the pop culture scene, but highlights who he was for those who knew and loved him, says Janie Hendrix, President and CEO of Experience Hendrix and co-producer of West Coast Seattle Boy - The Jimi Hendrix Anthology.
An essential and historic addition to the Jimi Hendrix catalog, West Coast Seattle Boy - The Jimi Hendrix Anthology brings together, for the first time, many of Hendrix's earliest commercial recordings, providing a rare glimpse of the rising rock guitar hero through a series of stellar sideman performances on a set of highly collectible pre-Experience R&B singles.Included on the first 2LPs of West Coast Seattle Boy:
1. Isley Brothers - Testify (1964
2. Don Covay & the Goodtimers - Mercy, Mercy (1964 - #1 Cashbox R&B - #35 Billboard Hot 100)
3. Don Covay & the Goodtimers - Can't Stay Away (1964)
4. Rosa Lee Brooks - My Diary (1965 - written by Arthur Lee)
5. Rosa Lee Brooks - Utee (1965)
6. Little Richard - I Don't Know What You Got But It's Got Me (1965)
7. Little Richard - Dancing All Around The World (1965)
8. Frank Howard & The Commanders - I'm So Glad (1966 - written by Billy Cox)
9. Isley Brothers - Move Over And Let Me Dance (1965)
10. Isley Brothers - Have You Ever Been Disappointed (1965)
11. Ray Sharpe - Help Me (Get The Feeling) (Part I) (1966)
12. The Icemen - (My Girl) She's A Fox (1966)
13. Jimmy Norman - That Little Old Groovemaker (1966)
14. Billy Lamont - Sweet Thang (1968)
15. King Curtis - Instant Groove (1969)
The third and fourth LPs of West Coast Seattle Boy - The Jimi Hendrix Anthology focus on 1967-68 and Hendrix's breakout sessions with the Jimi Hendrix Experience:
16. Fire (1967) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
17. Are You Experienced (1967) - Previously Unreleased Recording
18. May This Be Love (1967) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
19. Can You See Me (1967) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
20. Love Or Confusion (1967) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
21. Little One (1967) - Previously Unreleased Recording (featuring Dave Mason on sitar)
22. Mr. Bad Luck (1967) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
23. Cat Talking To Me (1967) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
24. Castles Made Of Sand (1967) - Previously Unreleased Recording
25. Tears Of Rage (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
26. Hear My Train A Comin' (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
27. 1983 (A Merman I Shall Turn To Be) (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
28. Long Hot Summer Night (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
29. My Friend (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
30. Angel (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
31. Calling All The Devil's Children (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
32. New Rising Sun (1968) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
The fifth and sixth LPs of West Coast Seattle Boy - The Jimi Hendrix Anthology revisit 1968-1969, both a peak and pivotal period for Hendrix in which the artist was exploring bold new directions on stage and in the studio:
33. Hear My Freedom (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
34. Room Full Of Mirrors (1969) - Previously Unreleased Recording
35. Shame, Shame, Shame (1969) - Previously Unreleased Recording
36. Messenger (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
37. Hound Dog Blues (1969) - Previously Unreleased Recording
38. Untitled Basic Track (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
39. Star Spangled Banner (1969) - Previously Unreleased Original Mix
40. Purple Haze (1969) - Previously Unreleased Original Mix
41. Young/Hendrix (1969) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
42. Mastermind (1969) - Previously Unreleased Recording
43. Message To Love (1969) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
44. Fire (1969) - Previously Unreleased Recording
45. Foxey Lady (1969) - Previously Unreleased Recording
Opening with Hendrix's incendiary New Year's Eve performance of Stone Free at New York's Fillmore East on December 31, 1969 and closing with a previously unheard recording from Hendrix alone in his Greenwich Village apartment in 1970, the seventh and eighth LPs of West Coast Seattle Boy - The Jimi Hendrix Anthology provides a fascinating portrait of an artist at his fiery best, working on the future:
46. Stone Free (1969) - Previously Unreleased Recording
47. Burning Desire (1970) - Previously Unreleased Recording
48. Lonely Avenue (1969) - Previously Unreleased Recording
49. Everlasting First (1970) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording (featuring Arthur Lee)
50. Freedom (1970) - Previously Unreleased Recording
51. Peter Gunn/Catastrophe (1970) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
52. In From The Storm (1970) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
53. All God's Children (1970) - Previously Unreleased Recording
54. Red House (1970) - Previously Unreleased Recording
55. Play That Riff [Thank You] (1970) - Previously Unreleased Recording
56. Bolero (1970) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
57. Hey Baby (New Rising Sun) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
58. Suddenly November Morning (1970) - Previously Unreleased Recording$99.99Vinyl LP - Limited Edition 8 LP Box Set Sealed AWAITING REPRESS Buy Now
Inspiration Information: Amp Fiddler (Out Of Stock)This autumn brings the launch of a priority new series on Strut as the label takes a break from its schedule of funky compilations and moves into new studio recordings for the first time. Entitled Inspiration Information, the series brings together current artists and producers with their musical heroes for a mouth-watering one-off collaboration. The series kicks off with Detroit soul maverick Amp Fiddler in a head-to-head with reggae legends, Sly Dunbar & Robbie Shakespeare. Our manager told us about Amp, says Robbie. We heard that he used to be part of the Funkadelic set-up. We were always right into the Parlia-Funkadelic sound, recalls Sly. Their brand of funk was so different. I loved it from their first record. Me and Bootsy Collins are good friends he played on one of our albums and I always loved Motown too, ever since I was a kid. That all brought us closer to Amp and the musical groove just stuck. We hit it off from the first session.1. Crazy Day
2. I Feel On The Wagon
3. Drama Inside
4. Black House (Paint The White House Black)
7. I Believe In You
11. This World$21.99Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Temporarily out of stock