- Lowest Price
- Highest Price
David Bowie Five Years'
A New Career In A New Town (1977-1982) (Box Set)
DAVID BOWIE 'A NEW CAREER IN A NEW TOWN (1977 - 1982)' is the third in a series of box sets spanning his career from 1969 and the follow-up to the awarding winning and critically acclaimed DAVID BOWIE 'FIVE YEARS (1969 - 1973)' and DAVID BOWIE 'WHO CAN I BE NOW? (1974 - 1976)'.
This 13 LP, 180g audiophile vinyl box set features all of the material officially released by David Bowie between 1977 and 1982 including all four studio albums, his 1978 live album 'STAGE' in both original and expanded tracklistings, the newly compiled HEROES E.P., collecting together both the German and French long and single versions of Heroes, and the exclusive new compilation of single versions, non-album singles and B-sides, 'RE:CALL 3'. Also included exclusively is a brand new remix of the 1979 album 'LODGER' by long time Bowie producer/collaborator Tony Visconti.
- 84 Page hardback book
- Low (remastered) (1 LP)
- Heroes (remastered) (1LP)
- Heroes E.P. (remastered) (12 Single)*
- Stage (remastered) (2 LP Yellow Vinyl) *
- Stage (2017) (remastered) (3 LP)
- Lodger (remastered) (1 LP)
- Lodger (Tony Visconti 2017 Mix) (1 LP)*
- Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps) (1 LP)
- Re:Call 3 (single versions, non-album singles and B-sides) (remastered) (2LP)*
The box set's accompanying 84 page book features rarely seen and previously unpublished photos by photographers including Anton Corbijn, Helmut Newton, Andrew Kent, Steve Schapiro, Duffy and many others as well as historical press reviews and technical notes about the albums from producer Tony Visconti.Low (remastered) (1 LP)
1. Speed Of Life
2. Breaking Glass
3. What In The World
4. Sound And Vision
5. Always Crashing In The Same Car
6. Be My Wife
7. A New Career In A New Town
9. Art Decade
10. Weeping Wall
"Heroes" (remastered) (1 LP)
1. Beauty And The Beast
2. Joe The Lion
4. Sons Of The Silent Age
6. V-2 Schneider
7. Sense Of Doubt
8. Moss Garden
10. The Secret Life Of Arabia
"Heroes" E.P. (remastered) (12" Single)
1. "Heroes"/"Helden" (German album version)
2. "Helden" (German single version)
3. "Heroes"/"HÉros" (French album version)
4. "HÉros" (French single version)
Stage (remastered) (2 LP Yellow Vinyl)
1. Hang On To Yourself
2. Ziggy Stardust
3. Five Years
4. Soul Love
6. Station To Station
8. TVC 15
2. Speed Of Life
3. Art Decade
4. Sense Of Doubt
5. Breaking Glass
7. What In The World
9. Beauty And The Beast
Stage (2017) (remastered) (3 LP)
3. What In The World
4. Be My Wife
5. The Jean Genie *
7. Sense Of Doubt
1. Speed Of Life
2. Breaking Glass
3. Beauty And The Beast
1. Five Years
2. Soul Love
4. Hang On To Yourself
5. Ziggy Stardust
6. Suffragette City *
1. Art Decade
2. Alabama Song
3. Station To Station
5. TVC 15
* Previously unreleased
Lodger (remastered) (1 LP)
LODGER (2017 Tony Visconti mix)
1. Fantastic Voyage
2. African Night Flight
3. Move On
4. Yassassin (Turkish for: Long Live)
5. Red Sails
7. Look Back In Anger
8. Boys Keep Swinging
10. Red Money
Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps) (1 LP)
1. It's No Game (Part 1)
2. Up The Hill Backwards
3. Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps)
4. Ashes To Ashes
6. Teenage Wildlife
7. Scream Like A Baby
8. Kingdom Come
9. Because You're Young
10. It's No Game (Part 2)
Re:Call 3 (non-album singles, single versions and b-sides) (remastered) (2 LP)
1. "Heroes" (single version)
2. Beauty And The Beast (extended version)
3. Breaking Glass (Australian single version)
4. Yassassin (single version)
5. D.J. (single version)
6. Alabama Song
7. Space Oddity (1979 version)
8. Ashes To Ashes (single version)
9. Fashion (single version)
10. Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps) (single version)
1. Crystal Japan
2. Under Pressure (single version) - Queen and David Bowie
3. Cat People (Putting Out Fire) (soundtrack album version)
4. Peace On Earth/Little Drummer Boy * - David Bowie and Bing Crosby * mono
Bertolt Brecht's Baal
5. Baal's Hymn
6. Remembering Marie A.
7. Ballad Of The Adventurers
8. The Drowned Girl
9. The Dirty Song$249.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP Box Set - 13 LPs Sealed Buy Now
Live Santa Monica '72Live Santa Monica 72 is a live album that was housed in the David Bowie Five Years 1969-1973 box set. It will be issued as a heavyweight 180 gram 2LP vinyl edition.LP 1
1. Introduction (Live)
2. Hang On To Yourself (Live)
3. Ziggy Stardust (Live)
4. Changes (Live)
5. The Supermen (Live)
6. Life On Mars? (Live)
7. Five Years (Live)
8. Space Oddity (Live)
9. Andy Warhol (Live)
10. My Death (Live)
1. The Width Of A Circle (Live)
2. Queen Bitch (Live)
3. Moonage Daydream (Live)
4. John, I'm Only Dancing (Live)
5. Waiting For The Man (Live)
6. The Jean Genie (Live)
7. Suffragette City (Live)
8. Rock 'N' Roll Suicide (Live)$31.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
David Bowie AKA Space OddityDavid Bowie is the second studio album by David Bowie, Space Oddity was the name used for CD releases of the album in 1984, 1990 and 1999, but it reverted to the original, eponymous title for a 2009 reissue.
Breakout from the David Bowie 'Five Years: 1969-1973' box. Now available on 1 LP 180g Audiophile vinyl.1. Space Oddity (2015 Remastered Version)
2. Unwashed And Somewhat Slightly Dazed (2015 Remastered Version)
3. Letter To Hermione (2015 Remastered Version)
4. Cygnet Committee (2015 Remastered Version)
5. Janine (2015 Remastered Version)
6. An Occasional Dream (2015 Remastered Version)
7. Wild Eyed Boy From Freecloud (2015 Remastered Version)
8. God Knows I'm Good (2015 Remastered Version)
9. Memory Of A Free Festival (2015 Remastered Version)$21.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Hunky DoryHunky Dory is the fourth album by David Bowie.Rhino will be breaking out 'breaking out' this albums from the David Bowie 'Five Years 1969 - 1973' box as a standalone releases. Available on 1 LP 180g Audiophile vinyl.1. Changes (2015 Remastered Version)
2. Oh! You Pretty Things (2015 Remastered Version)
3. Eight Line Poem (2015 Remastered Version)
4. Life On Mars? (2015 Remastered Version)
5. Kooks (2015 Remastered Version)
6. Quicksand (2015 Remastered Version)
7. Fill Your Heart (2015 Remastered Version)
8. Andy Warhol (2015 Remastered Version)
9. Song For Bob Dylan (2015 Remastered Version)
10. Queen Bitch (2015 Remastered Version)
11. The Bewlay Brothers (2015 Remastered Version)$21.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Pin UpsPin Ups is the seventh album by David Bowie. Rhino will be breaking out 'breaking out' this albums from the David Bowie 'Five Years 1969 - 1973' box as a standalone releases. Available on 1 LP 180g Audiophile vinyl.1. Rosalyn (2015 Remastered Version)
2. Here Comes The Night (2015 Remastered Version)
3. I Wish You Would (2015 Remastered Version)
4. See Emily Play (2015 Remastered Version)
5. Everything's Alright (2015 Remastered Version)
6. I Can't Explain (2015 Remastered Version)
7. Friday On My Mind (2015 Remastered Version)
8. Sorrow (2015 Remastered Version)
9. Don't Bring Me Down (2015 Remastered Version)
10. Shapes Of Things (2015 Remastered Version)
11. Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere (2015 Remastered Version)
12. Where Have All The Good Times Gone (2015 Remastered Version)$21.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars (The Motion Picture Soundtrack)Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars (The Motion Picture Soundtrack) is a live album that was housed in the David Bowie Five Years 1969-1973 box set. On June 17th, it will be issued as a heavyweight 180 gram 2LP vinyl edition.LP 1
2. Hang On To Yourself (Live) [Stereo]
3. Ziggy Stardust (Live) [Stereo]
4. Watch That Man (Live) [Stereo]
5. Wild Eyed Boy From Freecloud (Live) [Stereo]
6. All The Young Dudes (Live) [Stereo]
7. Oh! You Pretty Things (Live) [Stereo]
8. Moonage Daydream (Live) [Stereo]
9. Changes (Live) [Stereo]
10. Space Oddity (Live) [Stereo]
11. My Death (Live) [Stereo]
2. Cracked Actor (Live) [Stereo]
3. Time (Live) [Stereo]
4. The Width Of A Circle (Live) [Stereo]
5. Let's Spend The Night Together (Live) [Stereo]
6. Suffragette City (Live) [Stereo]
7. White Light/White Heat (Live) [Stereo]
8. Farewell Speech (Live) [Stereo]
9. Rock 'N' Roll Suicide (Live) [Stereo]$31.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
Aladdin SaneBreakout from the David Bowie 'Five Years: 1969-1973' box. Now available on 1 LP 180g Audiophile vinyl. Aladdin Sane is the sixth album by David Bowie. The follow-up to his break through The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars, it was the first album he wrote and released as a bona fide rock star.1. Watch That Man (2013 Remastered Version)
2. Aladdin Sane (2013 Remastered Version)
3. Drive-In Saturday (2013 Remastered Version)
4. Panic in Detroit (2013 Remastered Version)
5. Cracked Actor (2013 Remastered Version)
6. Time (2013 Remastered Version)
7. The Prettiest Star (2013 Remastered Version)
8. Let's Spend the Night Together (2013 Remastered Version)
9. The Jean Genie (2013 Remastered Version)
10. Lady Grinning Soul (2013 Remastered Version)$21.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
The Man Who Sold The WorldThe Man Who Sold the World is the third studio album by David Bowie. The album was Bowie's first with the nucleus of what would become the Spiders from Mars, the backing band made famous by The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars in 1972. Rhino will be breaking out 'breaking out' this albums from the David Bowie 'Five Years 1969 - 1973' box as a standalone releases. Available on 1 LP 180g Audiophile vinyl.1. The Width Of A Circle (2015 Remastered Version)
2. All The Madmen (2015 Remastered Version)
3. Black Country Rock (2015 Remastered Version)
4. After All (2015 Remastered Version)
5. Running Gun Blues (2015 Remastered Version)
6. Saviour Machine (2015 Remastered Version)
7. She Shook Me Cold (2015 Remastered Version)
8. The Man Who Sold The World (2015 Remastered Version)
9. The Supermen (2015 Remastered Version)$21.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
The Rise and Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From MarsThe Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars is the fifth studio album by David Bowie, which is loosely based on a story of a fictional rock star named Ziggy Stardust. Rhino will be breaking out 'breaking out' this albums from the David Bowie 'Five Years 1969 - 1973' box as a standalone releases. Available on 1 LP 180g Audiophile vinyl.1. Five Years (2012 Remastered Version)
2. Soul Love (2012 Remastered Version)
3. Moonage Daydream (2012 Remastered Version)
4. Starman (2012 Remastered Version)
5. It Ain't Easy (2012 Remastered Version)
6. Lady Stardust (2012 Remastered Version)
7. Star (2012 Remastered Version)
8. Hang On To Yourself (2012 Remastered Version)
9. Ziggy Stardust (2012 Remastered Version)
10. Suffragette City (2012 Remastered Version)
11. Rock 'N' Roll Suicide (2012 Remastered Version)$21.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Who Can I Be Now? (1974 to 1976) (Box Set)9 Albums on 13 LPs
Features The Gouster, Previously Unreleased As An Album
Includes 84 Page Book With Rarely Seen Photos And Various Ephemera
Parlophone Records are proud to announce DAVID BOWIE 'WHO CAN I BE NOW? (1974 - 1976)' the second in a series of box sets spanning his career from 1969.
The follow up to the awarding winning and critically acclaimed DAVID BOWIE 'FIVE YEARS (1969 - 1973)' will contain the previously unreleased album from 1974 called 'THE GOUSTER'.
The thirteen-piece vinyl set features all of the material officially released by Bowie during the so-called 'American' phase of his career from 1974 to 1976.
The box set, which is named after a track recorded in 1974 but not officially released until the 1990's, includes 'DIAMOND DOGS', 'DAVID LIVE' (in original and 2005 mixes), 'YOUNG AMERICANS' and 'STATION TO STATION' (in original and 2010 mixes) as well as 'THE GOUSTER', 'LIVE NASSAU COLISEUM 76' and a new compilation entitled 'RE:CALL 2' which is a collection of single versions and non-album b-sides.
This release includes tracks that have never before appeared on CD/vinyl/digital as well as new remasters.
Exclusive to the box set is 'THE GOUSTER'. Previously unreleased as a complete album, it was recorded at Sigma Sound, Philadelphia in 1974 and produced by Tony Visconti. The album was mixed and mastered before David decamped to New York to work with John Lennon and Harry Maslin on what became the 'YOUNG AMERICANS' album. 'THE GOUSTER' contains three previously unreleased mixes of 'Right', 'Can You Hear Me' and 'Somebody Up There Likes Me'.
For the 2016 release, Tony Visconti has overseen the mastering from the original tapes and photos taken by Eric Stephen Jacobs have been put together for the sleeve based around one of David's original concepts for the album.
Also exclusive to the CD, vinyl, standard digital and MFiT box sets will be the remastered 'DAVID LIVE (original mix)', the 2010 Harry Maslin mix of 'STATION TO STATION' (previously only available on an audio only DVD in 5.1 and stereo as part of the 'STATION TO STATION' Deluxe box set in 2010) and 'RE:CALL 2'.
'RE:CALL 2' features the original single mix of 'Rebel Rebel', which has only featured on a 40th anniversary picture disc in 2014 since its original release on single in 1974.
'RE:CALL 2' features newly originated artwork with 1975 in-studio images from the 'STATION TO STATION' recording sessions by David's friend and backing vocalist Geoff MacCormack aka Warren Peace.
The alternative cover for the 2010 mix of 'STATION TO STATION' by Harry Maslin, features the originally intended colour sleeve for the album that never got further than a few colour proofs and was replaced by the more familiar black and white image.
The vinyl box set is pressed on audiophile quality 180g vinyl.
The box sets' accompanying book, 84 pages in the vinyl set, will feature rarely seen and previously unpublished photos by photographers including Eric Stephen Jacobs, Tom Kelley, Geoff MacCormack, Terry O'Neill, Steve Schapiro, and many others as well as historical press reviews and technical notes about the albums from producers Tony Visconti and Harry Maslin.David Bowie: Who Can I Be Now? (1974 - 1976)
Diamond Dogs (Remastered) (1 LP)
David Live (Original Mix) (Remastered) (2 LP) *
David Live (2005 Mix) (Remastered) (3 LP)
The Gouster (Previously Unreleased As An Album) (1 LP) *
Young Americans (Remastered) (1 LP)
Station To Station (Remastered) (1 LP)
Station To Station (Harry Maslin 2010 Mix) (1 LP) *
Live Nassau Coliseum '76 (2 Lp)
Re:call 2 (Single Versions And Non Album B-sides) (Remastered) (1 LP) *
* Exclusive to 'Who Can I Be Now? (1974 - 1976)'
LP 1: Diamond Dogs (Remastered)
1. Future Legend
2. Diamond Dogs
3. Sweet Thing
5. Sweet Thing (Reprise)
6. Rebel Rebel
7. Rock 'n' Roll With Me
8. We Are The Dead
10. Big Brother
11. Chant Of The Ever Circling Skeletal Family
LP 2: David Live (Original Mix) (Remastered)
2. Rebel Rebel
3. Moonage Daydream
4. Sweet Thing/Candidate/Sweet Thing (reprise)
6. Suffragette City
7. Aladdin Sane
8. All The Young Dudes
9. Cracked Actor
1. Rock 'n' Roll With Me
2. Watch That Man
3. Knock On Wood
4. Diamond Dogs
5. Big Brother
6. The Width Of A Circle
7. The Jean Genie
8. Rock 'n' Roll Suicide
LP 3: David Live (2005 Mix) (Remastered)
2. Rebel Rebel
3. Moonage Daydream
4. Sweet Thing/Candidate/Sweet Thing (reprise)
6. Suffragette City
7. Aladdin Sane
8. All The Young Dudes
1. Cracked Actor
2. Rock 'n' Roll With Me
3. Watch That Man
4. Knock On Wood
5. Here Today, Gone Tomorrow
6. Space Oddity
7. Diamond Dogs
1. Panic In Detroit
2. Big Brother
4. The Width Of A Circle
5. The Jean Genie
6. Rock 'n' Roll Suicide
LP 4: The Gouster (Previously Unreleased As A Complete Album)
1. John, I'm Only Dancing (Again) - not on 'Young Americans', first released as a single in 1979 to promote the 'Changestwobowie' compilation.
2. Somebody Up There Likes Me - alternative early previously unreleased mix
3. It's Gonna Be Me - not on 'Young Americans', first released as a bonus track on the EMI/Ryko edition of 'Young Americans' in 1990. An alternative mix with strings was released on the 2007 EMI edition of 'Young Americans'.
4. Who Can I Be Now? - not on 'Young Americans', first released as a bonus track on the EMI/Ryko edition of 'Young Americans' in 1990.
5. Can You Hear Me - alternative early previously unreleased version.
6. Young Americans - same version that ended up on 'Young Americans'.
7. Right - alternative early previously unreleased version.
LP 5: Young Americans (Remastered)
1. Young Americans
5. Somebody Up There Likes Me
6. Across The Universe
7. Can You Hear Me
LP 6: Station To Station (Remastered)
1. Station To Station
2. Golden Years
3. Word On A Wing
4. TVC 15
6. Wild Is The Wind
LP 7: Station To Station (2010 Harry Maslin Mix)
1. Station To Station
2. Golden Years
3. Word On A Wing
4. TVC 15
6. Wild Is The Wind
LP 8: Live Nassau Coliseum '76
1. Station To Station
2. Suffragette City
4. Word On A Wing
6. Waiting For The Man
7. Queen Bitch
1. Life On Mars?
2. Five Years
3. Panic In Detroit
5. TVC 15
6. Diamond Dogs
7. Rebel Rebel
8. The Jean Genie
LP 9: RE:CALL 2 (Non Album Singles, Single Versions and B-Sides) (Remastered)
1. Rebel Rebel (original single mix)
2. Diamond Dogs (Australian single edit)
3. Rebel Rebel (U.S. single version)
4. Rock 'n' Roll With Me (live - promotional single edit)
5. Panic In Detroit (live)
6. Young Americans (original single edit)
7. Fame (original single edit)
8. Golden Years (original single version)
9. Station To Station (original single edit)
10. TVC 15 (original single edit)
11. Stay (original single edit)
12. Word On A Wing (original single edit)
13. John, I'm Only Dancing (Again) (1975) (single version)$249.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP Box Set - 13 LPs Sealed Buy Now
LegacyBOWIE - LEGACY collects together a selection of Bowie's most popular tracks and singles, from 1969's Space Oddity, through to the final singles 'Lazarus' and 'I Can't Give Everything Away,' issued earlier this year.
BOWIE - LEGACY features a previously unreleased version of the classic 1971 Hunky Dory track, Life On Mars?, remixed by its original producer Ken Scott.
From his very first recordings over fifty years ago, right through to his last album Blackstar, David Bowie was at the vanguard of contemporary culture as a musician, artist, icon and a constant influence on generations of writers, artists and designers. He was, and remains, a unique presence in contemporary culture.
Bowie left a legacy of inspiration in every discipline from art and fashion to acting and beyond. But, it is for his ground-breaking music that he will be best remembered.
BOWIE - LEGACY is an introduction to a world of incredible music, just waiting to be enjoyed by a whole new generation.LP 1
1. Let's Dance (Single Version Remastered)
2. Ashes to Ashes (Single Version Remastered)
3. Under Pressure
4. Life On Mars? (2016 Mix)
6. The Man Who Sold the World (Remastered)
7. Space Oddity (Remastered)
8. Starman (Original Single Mix)
9. Ziggy Stardust (Remastered)
10. The Jean Genie (Original Single Mix Remastered)
1. Rebel Rebel (Remastered)
2. Young Americans (Original Single Edit)
3. Golden Years (Single Version Remastered)
4. Modern Love (Single Version Remastered)
5. China Girl (Single Version Remastered)
6. Fame (Remastered)
7. Sound and Vision (Remastered)
8. Heroes (Single Version Remastered)
9. Where Are We Now? (Album Version)
10. Lazarus (Radio Edit)$37.99Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
Time And The RiverTime and The River is a brand new album from Jazz saxophonist David Sanborn. It is his first collaboration in the studio with producer and bass player Marcus Miller in over fifteen years. Through the years, the two have worked together on a number of records, winning five Grammy Awards and their albums went Gold multiple times.
In his three-and-a-half-decade career, Sanborn has released 24 albums, won six Grammy Awards and has had eight gold albums and one platinum album. He continues to be one of the most highly active musicians of his genre. Though Sanborn has worked in many genres, his solo recordings typically blend jazz with instrumental pop and R&B. He released his first solo album Taking Off in 1975 and has worked extensively as a session musician, notably on David Bowie's Young Americans (1975).
Time and The River is a groove oriented jazz album, with funky beats and beautiful ballads where Sanborn can show the emotional side of his legendary saxophone skills. Additional credits go to Roy Assaf, Justin Mullens, Tim Vaughn, Ricky Peterson, Javier Diaz, Marcus Baylor, Larry Braggs, Randy Crawford.1. A La Verticale
2. Ordinary People
4. Can't Get Next To You feat. Larry Braggs
5. Oublie Moi
6. Seven Days Seven Nights
7. Windmills of Your Mind feat. Randy Crawford
8. Spanish Joint
9. Overture (from The Manchurian Candidate)$29.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Sun DownNik Freitas' Team Love debut, Sun Down, equal parts wry, warm and sonorous, is the end product of several years of lifeÆs ups and downs. Freitas writes, plays, engineers and produces every note on his records. Not that he's got a lot of expensive gear. A visit to his Poppy Peak studio/shed reveals that Nik is working low-budget minor miracles, the kind of miracles one receives via hundreds of hours on Craigslist. One listen to Sun Down and you know you're hearing a certain hard-won grace. The record takes you from Paul Simon's Graceland to David Bowie's Hunky Dory all in the span of forty effortless minutes. Sun Down is endowed with a sort of gravity and self-possession; no reaching, no going for the gold, just perfect, four minute thesis statements. It all began several years ago for Freitas, when a co-worker sold him an antique piano that was used by a street musician before the dawn of Casio. Nik taught himself how to play the thing, and it became the cornerstone of three earlier records, Here's Laughing at You, Heavy Mellow and Voicing the Hammers. Other people began to take notice. He's opened for Jason Lytle of Granddaddy, played guitar for Jim Fairchild of All Smiles and recorded with Miles Kurosky of Beulah. Lately, he's been opening shows for Bright Eyes which led him to his current resting place at Team Love. The end of the imaginary side one features Sophie with live horns punctuating the tale of a girl who seems to have made some rather unfortunate choices. It's a perfect signpost of a song, and it clears the decks for what's to come in the second half, where Nik's orchestra of one builds the final five songs into an Abbey Road type suite that fans of Jon Brion will hearken to. Sun Down is imbued with a sort of indie grandeur that is both unexpected and totally natural.1. Sun Down
2. Oh My God
3. All the Way Down
4. What You Become
6. Love Around
7. It Ain't Like That
8. See Me There
9. Comes to Me
10.Shhhh$18.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Paper GodsDuran personified new wave for much of the mainstream audience. Duran Duran's reputation was built through music videos, which accentuated their fashion-model looks and glamorous sense of style. Without music videos, it's likely that their pop-funk -- described by the group as the Sex Pistols meets Chic-- would never have made them international pop stars.
Inspired by David Bowie and Roxy Music, as well as post-punk and disco, schoolmates Nick Rhodes (keyboards) and John Taylor (guitar) formed Duran Duran in 1978 with their friends Simon Colley (bass, clarinet) and Stephen Duffy (vocals). Taking their name from a character in Roger Vadim's psychedelic sci-fi film Barbarella, the group began playing gigs in the Birmingham club, supported by a drum machine. Within a year, Duffy and Colley both left the and were replaced by former TV Eye vocalist Andy Wickett and drummer Roger Taylor. After recording a demo, John Taylor switched to bass and guitarist John Curtis joined the band, only to leave within a matter of months. The group placed an ad in Melody Maker, which drew the attention of Andy Taylor, who became their guitarist. Following Wickett's departure in 1979, a pair of singers passed through the group before Simon LeBon, a former member of the punk band Dog Days and a drama student at Birmingham University, joined in early 1980.1. Paper Gods (feat. Mr Hudson)
2. Last Night In The City (feat. Kiesza)
3. You Kill Me With Silence
4. Pressure Off (feat. Janelle Monae and Nile Rodgers)
5. Face For Today
7. What Are The Chances?
8. Sunset Garage
9. Change The Skyline (feat. Jonas Bjerre)
10. Butterfly Girl
11. Only In Dreams
12. The Universe Alone$32.99Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
New York Before The WarJesse Malin returns in the New Year with a brand new album: New York Before The War, preceded by a single, Addicted.
Arriving almost five years on from his last record (2010's Love It to Life), Jesse's artistic ambitions for New York Before the War, were high: he knew he had to make it count. "I wanted to make a record that encompassed everything I've done, since I started with my hardcore band, Heart Attack, when I was twelve or or thirteen through bands like D Generation and then my solo career, but I also wanted to challenge the listeners who have been with me - and challenge myself."
Pared down from close to forty songs, New York Before the War album more than matches that ambition: A soundtrack to a life lived with meaning. "This is an era when music is so disposable," Malin worries. "People talk about the death of the album and even the death of rock & roll. But this is not just a shuffle of songs. There is a cinematic thread, a story."
Sessions for the album began in Virginia, Nashville before moving on to New York, finishing up at the Magic Shop in Soho. Players include such downtown New York all-stars as guitarist Derek Cruz, bassist Catherine Popper and drummer Randy Schrager. Don Dilego produced early sessions for the album in Virginia, and Malin and Cruz co-produced in New York. Brian Thorn, who worked on David Bowie's The Next Day, engineered and mixed the album.
Opening with The Dreamers, a haunting ballad that evokes both the alienation and the sense of deep connection that travel can bring (and very nearly became the album's title track), the album moves on through darker meditations like She's So Dangerous and Bar Life. Elsewhere, taut, upbeat rockers like Freeway (which features a blistering solo by the MC5's Wayne Kramer) and Turn Up the Mains (with Alejandro Escovedo on backing vocals) dictate the pace and Peter Buck contributes a vintage R.E.M.-style guitar part to I Would Do It For You, a tale of personal loyalty filled with longing and an aching sense of conviction.1. The Dreamers
3. Turn Up The Mains
4. Oh Sheena
5. She's So Dangerous
6. The Year That I Was Born
7. Boots of Immigration
9. Bent Up
10. She Don't Love Me Now
11. Death Star
12. I Would Do It For You
13. Bar Life$16.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
VisualsMew frontman Jonas Bjerre has worked on the projections for the band's live shows since their early days. Usually, the Danish trio finish an album and Bjerre gets to work on the visuals. For their seventh record, though, the singer decided to turn things upside down, working on the visuals first and seeing if they informed the music. The resultant record feels like a culmination for one of rock's most ambitious and inventive groups: Visuals is where Bjerre and his bandmates, bassist Johan Wohlert and drummer Silas Utke Graae Jørgensen, join the dots of a career that has spanned over two decades. "We do everything on this album ourselves," says Bjerre. "We produced it ourselves, I did the artwork, I'm doing the visuals. Visuals felt like a fitting title. I like the idea that each song has a visual aspect to it somehow."
Mew have a tradition of, as Bjerre puts it, hiding away in a cave for three or four years between albums. The tour that accompanied 2015's +- album found the band reaching a creative peak that they felt was too exhilarating to be dampened by a period of extended cave-dwelling. They arrived home with demos that had been written on the road and the spark was lit. They wanted to break the cycle and make an album quickly. "We just felt like, "if we do it the normal way, it's gonna be another three or four years before we get to do it again'," says Bjerre. "If you keep doing it like that, ultimately you make a handful of albums and then you're ready for retirement." The trio wanted to make an album spontaneously, keeping the energy they'd generated on the road going.
They set to work in Copenhagen and started knocking the demos they'd written on tourbuses and in hotel rooms into shape. At the same time, new songs were emerging in reaction to what was going on around them. Mew aren't a political band but couldn't help but be affected by rolling news and the death of an icon. "It was pretty dark last year, so some of the darkness in the lyrics comes from that. You definitely get the feeling that things don't last forever when someone like David Bowie dies." Visuals was completed in just under a year - what Bjerre describes as an "incredible" feat for a band used to periods of prolonged tinkering. "Spending less time on it, you can still maintain the feeling you had when you first wrote it," says Bjerre.
Bjerre doesn't know where Mew songs come from. He finds it hard to pin down his lyrics, his melodies, himself. It's what makes his band so special, that thrill that songs could go anywhere, that understated verses could suddenly rocket skyward, anthemic choruses could implode into beautiful soundscapes or sophisticated grooves could be crushed like a tincan. "I don't consciously know why the songs come out the way they do," says Bjerre. "It's a lot of trial and error for us. Even though a song is on an album, it keeps growing because we get to go out and perform it for an audience. I like the thought it can keep growing. It's never really finished."
Visuals is Mew at their most compact, their chemistry at its most potent. With only one song over five minutes, it's their most concise album. Bjerre says there was no need for a grand, overarching concept. Each song on Visuals represents its own little chapter and story: nothing needed to be overly long. "Each album is like a collection of thoughts and ideas that fit the time we're in," he says. "They're like little diary entries, except they're a little bit more veiled perhaps. To me, albums are memories of times in my life."
The song that led the way was the slow-building euphoria of Nothingness And No Regrets. Bjerre says that Mew lyrics often have two or three different meanings, and the opener is a reflection on life and death at the same time as "imagining this team of people trying to accomplish something and ultimately failing." The expansive 80s-style pop of The Wake Of Your Life is about legacy and what's left after you've gone. "These are things you think about more and more the older you get." It started out as a synth-pop track with lots of programming before taking on a different shape when the band added guitars over the top. "We try to change the method of how we reach the destination all the time cos if you do things the same way all the time, the results will often be very similar," says Bjerre.
The discordant stomp of Candy Pieces All Smeared Out came about after Bjerre went back over some demos he'd made as a youngster on an Omega 500. "Some of them were interesting sonically so I kept some of the programming. We built the song on top of this really weird 8-bit computer track." The song sums up the emotional to and fro and ca
ptivating contrariness at the heart of Visuals: it's an album that's both nostalgic and contemporary, that looks back whilst marching forward.
The blissful glide of In A Better Place is a prime example of the impulsive environment that the songs were written in, a drumbeat by Jorgensen inspiring Bjerre to write a song immediately, whilst the atmospheric rock of Ay Ay Ay was based around a choir part that Bjerre had come up with a few years ago. All of the vocal parts were recorded in the booth that Bjerre had constructed in his apartment in Copenhagen. "I like waking up in the middle of the night and feeling inspired by something and being able to go in my booth and just sing it," he says.
Bjerre says that the celebratory groove of Learn Our Crystals "is one of our weirdest songs." Poppy and fantastical, it had a familiar feeling to the singer as soon as he wrote it. The soulful sway of Shoulders has an R'n'B feel to it, whilst Bjerre had earmarked the mesmerising intricacy Carry Me To Safety as the album's closer as soon as it'd been written. "I just like how it twists and turns," he says. "It's a reflection on life and being in a band, what it means to be in a band, dedicating so many years of your life to this thing."
Twenty years into their career, Mew have the irrepressible ebullience of a band on their debut album. Visuals feels like the beginning of a new chapter. "Mew is what I always come back to, it's a companion to my life. It's always been there, as long as I can remember. It's a big part of the footprint that we'll leave behind," says Bjerre. Mew march on: this is the sound of a band seizing the moment.1. Nothingness and No Regrets
2. The Wake of Your Life
3. Candy Pieces All Smeared Out
4. In a Better Place
5. Ay Ay Ay
6. Learn Our Crystals
7. Twist Quest
11. Carry Me to Safety$23.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Binary"My last record was very inward-looking," says Ani DiFranco. "I was pregnant and then raising a screaming infant. But now that kid is about to turn four, so I got out of the weeds of personal space and started looking outward again, being more engaged, more big 'P' Political. As an artist, I like to be out in the world, and what initially compelled me was to try to push society to a better place. So when I'm not in heartbreak or motherhood mode, that's where you'll naturally find me."
With her twentieth studio album, Binary, the iconic singer/songwriter/activist/poet/DIY trendsetter returns to territory that brought her to the world's attention more than twenty-five years ago. One of the first artists to create her own label in 1990, she has been recognized among the feminist pantheon for her entrepreneurship, social activism, and outspoken political lyrics. At a time of global chaos and confusion, DiFranco is kicking ass and taking names, with a set of songs offering a wide range of perspective and musical scope.
She describes a moment during the writing of "Play God," an unblinking pro-choice battle cry, as a particular breakthrough. (A live version of the song was included in the anti-Trump "30 Days, 30 Songs" campaign alongside tracks from Death Cab for Cutie, Aimee Mann, Franz Ferdinand, and more.)
"When I wrote the line 'You don't get to play god, man/I do,' I paused and thought, 'Can I say that?,' " she says. "It's not the first time I've thought that, but it's been a while. And in that moment, I thought, 'I'm back, mothafuckas!'"
"When you make a record about family and relationships, people assume you're mommy now and you've lost your edge, and it's going to be all buttercups from here on. So that line had the feeling of 'Take that! My kid is sleeping right now and I want to talk about some shit!"
On Binary, DiFranco tackles the challenge and necessity of teaching non-violence with "Pacifist's Lament" and the need for empathy in "Terrifying Sight." Remarkably, though, these songs-recorded, in her usual fashion, in a couple of short full-sprint sessions spread across several years-were all written prior to the 2016 elections and attendant political turmoil.
"I'm not surprised," says DiFranco. "Over twenty-five years, I've found that my songwriting is often full of premonition. It shows me, in a deep and spooky way, how we know things on levels below consciousness. I write songs and then they happen, and later I realize what they're about. I'm just happy to have some good tools in my toolbox to address what's happening now-the feminist diatribes are turned up nice and high on this record!"
She notes that Binary's title track is key to her intention on this project. "I always title a record from the song that seems to be at its core," she says. "An underlying theme in the songs, and in the feminism I want to engage society with, is the idea that autonomy is a fallacy-nothing exists except in relationship to something else. We are, in some senses individuals with individual liberties and unique powers, but that's only a surface story."
Though this concept is closely tied up in our present-day obsession with technology ("Sitting alone at home, staring at a screen, you can't really know anything, because knowing is engaging," she says), DiFranco also reveals a growing connection to nature and the physical world.
"Every year on Goddess' Green Earth, I understand my relationship to it more," she says. "My early songs were all human drama. I don't think I noticed the bigger picture at all-I was transfixed by power dynamics between people. Now I see that it's largely the providence of women to really embody nature, so I do think I'm getting back to basics, and it's a shift for me."
The backbone of Binary's sound is DiFranco's long-time rhythm section of bassist Todd Sickafoose and drummer Terence Higgins, but on much of the album, the trio is augmented with some all-star guests. "I knew I wanted to involve some of my brilliant friends this time out," she says. "We made some calls and got a party going. That was the idea, to reach out and have some other spirits enter."
Virtuoso violinist Jenny Scheinman and keyboard wizard Ivan Neville both join in for more than half of the record; "they are so captivating and they elevate my shit whenever they come near it," says DiFranco. Other contributors include the legendary Maceo Parker, Bon Iver's Justin Vernon, and Gail Ann Dorsey, longtime bassist for David Bowie. New Orleans resident DiFranco takes special pride in the Crescent City funk spearheaded by natives Higgins and Neville on a number of the tunes. "Their souls are of this place," she says. "The feel they bring is something they got in utero."
For the better part of 2016, DiFranco beat the drum for voter turnout on her "Vote Dammit!" tour, focusing on registering and inspiring people to vote. In the days following the election, fans turned to her for guidance with renewed earnestness, anxious to hear music and wisdom from the longtime activist. Ani encouraged fans to take political action and did the same herself, participating in the Women's March on Washington and performing at the official Women's March after party benefitting Planned Parenthood with The National and Sleater-Kinney.
Binary, of course, is being released into a world in which music distribution and consumption have transformed rapidly and dramatically. For DiFranco, a true pioneer in the music industry with her Righteous Babe label, it's a time to reconsider the possibilities and ambitions of her business.
"While I was precedent-setting at one time with Righteous Babe and my indie crusade, I feel like, in the time it took me to nurse another baby into being, I've fallen behind," she says. "The universe and technology have continued to evolve, and the idea of harnessing technology and crowd-sourcing everything-money, knowledge, revolution-is a very powerful concept that I'm ready to get more involved with. Righteous Babe is starting to grow now into something that will hopefully become avant-garde once again- more of a collective, more dynamic."
"I'm trying to figure it out daily," says Ani DiFranco. "Just like always."1. Binary
2. Pacifist's Lament
4. Play God
7. Even More
10. Terrifying Sight
11. Deferred Gratification$24.99Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
Trash (Translucent Red Vinyl) (Pre-Order)Alice Cooper's Multi-Platinum 1989 Chart Smash, Trash Features Aerosmith, Joan Jett, Jon Bon Jovi, Stiv Bators, Richie Sambora!
Celebrate His Amazing Comeback Album Trash
First Time Translucent Red Vinyl
Striking Gatefold Album Cover Art
Mastered Impeccably By Joe Reagoso And Kevin Gray
Manufactured At R.T.I.
After an amazing string of gold and platinum albums and singles throughout the seventies into the eighties, the legendary Alice Cooper signed a new deal with Epic Records and soon hit the top of the rock charts with his amazing comeback album Trash. This hard rock masterpiece featured some of the superstar acts' biggest songs ever and has gone on to become one of his most revered albums.
Teaming up with mega-hit producer Desmond Child, Alice Cooper truly recorded some of the finest hard rock ever for this platinum plus collection. Featuring hard rock smashes like his chart-toppers Poison, Trash, and Bed Of Nails, it is easy to see why this album climbed to the upper rungs of the charts in 1989.
A star-studded effort, Alice Cooper's Trash enlisted some of the heaviest songwriting collaborators and rock icons of all time including his friends Steven Tyler and Aerosmith, Joan Jett, Kane Roberts, Jon Bon Jovi, Richie Sambora and Stiv Bators.
Even more stellar cuts like Why Trust You, Only My Heart Talkin' and Spark In The Dark make this album one of his most enduring ventures in his huge arsenal of classic rock albums. It has been out of print on vinyl now for several decades that is until now.
Friday Music is very proud to offer another exciting installment in our Alice Cooper 180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl Series with his classic 1989 smash album Trash. Impeccably mastered from the Epic Records tapes by Joe Reagoso (Alice Cooper/David Bowie/Deep Purple) at Friday Music Studios with Kevin Gray and pressed at R.T.I., this Anniversary limited edition first time 180 Gram LP is also presented in a
first time collectible deluxe gatefold cover with the original 1989 rare inner sleeve lyrics not seen in years. We believe this is the definitive-sounding version of this monumental collection and will be one of the more anticipated hard rock audiophile releases of 2018.
Let's now celebrate Alice Cooper's Trash .Limited Anniversary Edition First Time on stunning 180 Gram Translucent Red Vinyl Only From Your Friends at Friday Music.1. Poison
2. Spark in The Dark
3. House of Fire
4. Why Trust You
5. Only My Heart Talkin'
6. Bed of Nails
7. This Maniac's in Love with You
9. Hell Is Living Without You
10. I'm Your Gun$29.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP PRE-ORDER Buy Now
Here Come The Nice: The Immediate Years 67-69 (Out of Stock)
Features Every Worldwide Hit Single, A & B Side Plus EPs And Rare, Previously Unreleased Material
Comes With A 72-Page Hardback Coffee-Table Style Book
Includes Replica Memorabilia
Here Come The Nice: The Immediate Years Box Set 1967-1969 is a lavish Small Faces package that celebrates the band's 1960s career on Andrew Loog Oldham's Immediate Records label.
This set features every worldwide hit single, A & B side plus EPs and rare and previously unreleased material, unheard recording sessions from Olympic, IBC & Trident Studios, outtakes, early mixes, alternate versions and live material.
In total, 75-songs remastered from original analogue master tapes and studio multi-tracks, presented across the four CDs. In addition three replica seven-inch vinyl records are included, pressed on red, white and blue vinyl. A fourth seven-inch replicates an original Olympic Sound Studios acetate that features an embryonic Something I Want To Tell You called "Mystery "
This box comes with a 72-page hardback coffee-table style book complete with a forward by Pete Townshend and an introduction by surviving band members Kenney Jones & Ian Mac McLagan (who have also curated and supervised this set). The book contains rare and unpublished photos, sleeve notes by Mark Paytress as well as newly written contributions from the likes of Robert Plant, Paul Weller, David Bowie, Nick Mason and many more.
Additionally, fans will find in the book a track-by-track illustrated guide to every song on the box set and an interview with Gered Mankowitz on photographing Ogdens Nut Gone Flake.
A separate lyric book features the complete lyrics transcribed and endorsed by band members for the first time.
On top of all this is a host of replica memorabilia including two large posters (Tin Soldiers single and Newcastle City Hall live concert), the press kit for Ogdens Nut Gone Flake, five double-sided postcards, two art prints featuring shots from Gered Mankowitz's 1967 Itchycoo Park photo sessions.CD 1 - Small Faces Singles Worldwide As, Bs & EPs
1. Here Come The Nice (mono)
2. Talk To You (mono)
3. (Tell Me) Have You Ever Seen Me (mono)
4. Something I Want To Tell You (mono)
5. Get Yourself Together (mono)
6. Become Like You (mono)
7. Green Circles (mono)
8. Eddie's Dreaming (b-side edit) (mono)
9. Itchycoo Park (mono)
10. I'm Only Dreaming (mono)
11. Tin Soldier (mono)
12. I Feel Much Better (mono)
13. Lazy Sunday (mono)
14. Rollin' Over (Part II of Happiness Stan) (mono)
15. Mad John (single version) (mono)
16. The Journey (single version) (mono)
17. The Universal (mono)
18. Donkey Rides, A Penny A Glass (mono)
19. Afterglow Of Your Love (single version) (mono)
20. Wham Bam Thank You Mam (mono)
CD 2- Small Faces In The Studio - Olympic, IBC & Trident Sessions - Part 1
1. Shades Of Green (mono)
2. Green Circles (take 1) (mono)
3. Green Circles (take 1 alt mix 1) (mono)
4. Anything (tracking session) (stereo)
5. Anything (backing track) (stereo)
6. Show Me The Way (stripped down mix) (stereo)
7. Wit Art Yer (tracking session) (mono)
8. Wit Art Yer (backing track) (stereo)
9. I Can't Make It (alt mix) (stereo)
10. Doolally (tracking session) (mono)
11. What's It Called? (overdub session) (mono)
12. Call It Something Nice (take 9) (stereo)
13. Wide Eyed Girl (take 2) (stereo)
14. Wide Eyed Girl On The Wall (alt mix) (stereo)
15. Donkey Rides, A Penny A Glass (stripped down mix) (stereo)
16. Red Balloon With A Blue Surprise (take 5) (stereo)
17. Red Balloon (alt mix) (stereo)
18. Saieide Mamoon (tracking session) (stereo)
CD 3 - Small Faces In The Studio - Olympic, IBC & Trident Sessions - Part 2
1. Wham Bam Thank You Mam (alt mix) (stereo)
2. I Can't Make It (stripped down mix) (stereo)
3. This Feeling Of Spring (take 1) (stereo)
4. All Our Yesterdays (backing track) (mono)
5. Talk To You (alt mix) (stereo)
6. Mind The Doors Please (mono)
7. Things Are Going To Get Better (stripped down mix) (stereo)
8. Mad John (tracking session) (stereo)
9. A Collibosher (take 4) (stereo)
10. Lazy Sunday Afternoon (early mix) (mono)
11. Jack (backing track) (stereo)
12. Fred (backing track) (stereo)
13. Red Balloon (stripped down mix) (stereo)
14. Kolomodelomo (take 1) (stereo)
15. Donkey Rides, A Penny A Glass (alt mix) (stereo)
16. Jenny's Song (take 2) (stereo)
CD 4 - Alternate Small Faces Outtakes & In Concert
1. Itchycoo Park (take 1 stereo mix) (stereo)
2. Here Come The Nice (take 1 stereo mix) (stereo)
3. I'm Only Dreaming (take 1 stereo mix) (stereo)
4. Don't Burst My Bubble (mono)
5. I Feel Much Better (stereo)
6. Green Circles (take 1 Italian version) (mono)
7. Yesterday, Today And Tomorrow (alt mix) (stereo)
8. Piccanniny (alt mix) (stereo)
9. Get Yourself Together (alt mix) (stereo)
10. Eddie's Dreaming (take 2 alt mix) (stereo)
11. (Tell Me) Have You Ever Seen Me (take 2 alt mix) (stereo)
12. Up The Wooden Hills To Bedfordshire (US alt mix) (mono)
13. Afterglow Of Your Love (alt single version) (mono)
14. (If You Think You're) Groovy (mono) (The Lot Version)
15. Me You And Us Too (mono)
16. The Universal (take 1 stereo mix) (stereo)
17. Rollin' Over (live) (stereo)
18. If I Were A Carpenter (live) (stereo)
19. Every Little Bit Hurts (live) (stereo)
20. All Or Nothing (live) (stereo)
21. Tin Soldier (live) (stereo)
7: Small Faces Album Sampler - One-sided promo single - Excerpts From The Small Faces L.P. (mono)
7: Here Come The Nice - French E.P.
1. Here Come The Nice (mono)
2. Talk To You (mono)
3. Become Like You (mono)
4. Get Yourself Together (mono)
7: Itchycoo Park - French E.P.
1. Itchycoo Park (mono)
2. I'm Onky Dreaming (mono)
3. Green Circles (mono)
4. Eddie's Dreaming (mono)
7: Mystery - Replica acetate$159.99Colored 7 Vinyl Mono + 4 CD Box Set - 3 Vinyl Singles Sealed Temporarily out of stock
SF Sorrow (Out of Stock)Remastered From The Original Analogue Tapes
Pressed On 180-Gram Heavyweight Vinyl
Packaged With The Original UK Artwork Sleeve, With Cover Art From Phil May.
The Pretty Things created some of the most exciting and innovative records of the late sixties and early seventies.
Winners of the Hero award at the 2009 Mojo Honors, the band have been name checked over the years by an array of artists ranging from The Clash, David Bowie and Aerosmith through to The Libertines and Kasabian.
'SF Sorrow' is one of the great classics of the psychedelic era. The album stands favorable comparison with 'Sgt Pepper' and 'Piper At The Gates Of Dawn' as one of the defining records of the time. Originally recorded at Abbey Road in 1967 and 1968 it was the first and the most complete rock-opera to be recorded and released, pre-dating 'Tommy' by a full year.1. S.F. Sorrow Is Born
2. Bracelets Of Fingers
3. She Says Good Morning
4. Private Sorrow
5. Balloon Burning
7. Baron Saturday
8. The Journey
9. I See You
10. Well Of Destiny
12. Old Man Going
13. Loneliest Person$29.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Temporarily out of stock