- Lowest Price
- Highest Price
Hendrix In The West'
Hendrix In The WestImport
Very often, at the beginning of a show, Jimi Hendrix would ask his audience to forget about what happened yesterday or today and start their own world right here.
For this special new edition of the 1971 live-album Music On Vinyl asks you to do the same.
In The West consists of live recordings from the two incarnations of The Jimi Hendrix Experience, including his legendary Isle Of Wight Festival performance in 1970, where he created a live medley of 'God Save The Queen' and 'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band' with a stunned Paul McCartney in the audience.
To Jimi, concerts were snapshots of where the band was at that moment in time, and Electric Ladyland director of engineering Eddie Kramer (and producer of most of Jimi's posthumous live albums) must have realized that this was when The Experience was at its peak.
In The West was the first live album to be released after Jimi's untimely death.
Forty years later, Music On Vinyl is re-releasing it with a number of beautiful extra's: three bonus tracks that have never been released before, along with a booklet of unpublished photographs by Jim Marshall, who was also responsible for the iconic cover artwork.LP 1
1. The Queen
2. Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band
3. Little Wing
5. I Dont Live Today
6. Spanish Castle Magic
1. Red House
2. Johnny B. Goode
3. Lover Man
4. Blue Suede Shoes
5. Voodoo Child
$44.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
Hendrix In The WestOut of Print Since 1974, Live Classic is Fully Restored and Includes Five Previously Unavailable Bonus Tracks
Collection of 1969-1970 Performances Contains Definitive Renditions of Red House and Johnny B. Goode
Legacy's Archival Restoration of Hendrix Catalog Continues: Uncork the Guitarist's Magic With This Splendid-Sounding Analog Pressing
Includes Lavish Booklet Filled With Rare and Previously Unseen Photography from Legend Jim Marshall.
Legacy's unprecedented archival restoration of Jimi Hendrix's catalog continues with more treasures. Consisting of live material recorded at venues ranging from the Berkeley Community Theatre and the San Diego Sports Arena to the Isle of Wight Festival, Hendrix In The West captures the guitarist exploring new directions in sound during 1969-70. Robert Christgau, the Dean of American Rock Critics, called Hendrix's versions of Red House and Johnny B. Goode on this album definitive.
Out of print in the US since 1974 and for more than two decades internationally, Hendrix In The West has remained one of the most requested albums by fans to return to the commercial marketplace. Mastered from the original sources and pressed on high-quality 180 gram vinyl, and up to the same stellar standards as Legacy's reissues of Hendrix's groundbreaking studio efforts, the record has never sounded or looked better.
The album's iconic cover features a classic Jim Marshall photograph of the guitarist, while a lavish booklet is filled with rare and previously unseen images captured by Marshall's distinctive lens. Moreover, listeners get to discover five previously unavailable bonus tracks that, believe it or not, add on to Hendrix's considerable legacy. In addition to the Chuck Berry cover, Hendrix also re-imagines the Beatles (Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band) and Carl Perkins (Blue Suede Shoes).
Don't miss this gem, back in print for the first time in decades!1. The Queen
2. Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band
3. Little Wing
5. I Dont Live Today
6. Spanish Castle Magic
7. Red House
8. Johnny B. Goode
9. Lover Man
10. Blue Suede Shoes
11. Voodoo Child (Slight Return)
$29.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
West Coast Seattle Boy: The Jimi Hendrix Anthology (Awaiting Repress)LPs Cut from the Original Masters at Sterling Sound by Iconic Engineer George Marino
58-Track Behemoth Includes 45 Previously Unreleased Hendrix Studio and Live Recordings
Hendrix's Journey Traced in Music: From Little-Known R&B Sideman to Rock Superstar
Ultimate Hendrix Set is the Jewel of Legacy's Catalog Restoration Project
The wave of newly re-mastered, all-analog Jimi Hendrix titles culminates in the long awaited release of West Coast Seattle Boy: The Jimi Hendrix Anthology. This definitive career-spanning 8-LP Box Set tracks Hendrixs remarkable journey from R&B sideman to international guitar hero. The deluxe set is filled with previously unreleased Jimi Hendrix Experience recordings plus demos, alternate takes, and more. This newly assembled Jimi Hendrix anthology also includes a new Hendrix documentary DVD, directed by the Grammy award-winning Bob Smeaton (Beatles Anthology, Festival Express, and Beatles: The Studio Recordings). The LPs have been cut from the original masters at Sterling Sound in Manhattan by iconic engineer George Marino.
This long-awaited career-spanning box set tracks Hendrix's remarkable journey from little known R&B sideman to international stardom through an unprecedented assemblage of previously unavailable recordings. West Coast Seattle Boy - The Jimi Hendrix Anthology is not a collection of existing Hendrix albums but instead 45 unreleased Hendrix live and studio recordings including demos and alternate versions of songs from Are You Experienced, Axis: Bold As Love, and Electric Ladyland.
West Coast Seattle Boy includes Hendrixs never before heard version of Bob Dylans 'Tears Of Rage, solo acoustic recordings of Electric Ladyland favorites like Long Hot Summer Night and 1983 (A Merman I Shall Turn To Be) as well as never before heard live performances from Berkeley and the legendary Band Of Gypsys Fillmore East concert on New Year's Eve 1969 combined together with such new Hendrix songs as Hear My Freedom, Hound Dog Blues, Lonely Avenue and more.
A centerpiece achievement in Legacy Recordings' monumental Jimi Hendrix catalog project, West Coast Seattle Boy - The Jimi Hendrix Anthology is the first Hendrix collection to bring fans access to a comprehensive treasure trove of fresh material -- including demos, alternate takes, live concert jewels and more -- from all phases of the artist's recording career (1964 -1970). It offers the most complete collection of Jimi's pre-Experience R&B performances (including his singles with the Isley Brothers, Little Richard, Don Covay, King Curtis and more) to ever be officially anthologized, while bringing together the most comprehensive and revelatory set of fully realized songs, never before heard live performances, alternate studio takes, acoustic and electric demos, and other rarities drawn from every chapter of Hendrix's remarkable life and career.
The newly curated and assembled West Coast Seattle Boy - The Jimi Hendrix Anthology also includes Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child, a new 90-minute documentary directed by the multiple Grammy-award winning Bob Smeaton (Beatles Anthology, Festival Express, Beatles: The Studio Recordings, Band of Gypsys). An autobiographical journey told in the legendary musician's own words as read by Parliament-Funkadelic's Bootsy Collins, the film incorporates interviews with Hendrix, coupled with the artist's letters, writings and recordings to provide new insight into one of the most enduring icons of popular culture.
The documentary features some of Jimi's greatest performances as well as rare and never before seen footage and photos including--for the first time ever--examples from the Hendrix family archive of the late guitarists personal drawings, postcards home to his father, song drafts, sketches, and lyrics.
Who better to tell the incredible story of a man's life than the man himself? Jimi was amazing and only his music, with tones and textures that he conjured, can capture the colorful and expansive essence of his time here on earth. I am enthralled with this all-encompassing new anthology which not only illuminates his years on both sides of the Atlantic and beautifully reveals his versatility as a performer, from his R&B origins to his explosion on the pop culture scene, but highlights who he was for those who knew and loved him, says Janie Hendrix, President and CEO of Experience Hendrix and co-producer of West Coast Seattle Boy - The Jimi Hendrix Anthology.
An essential and historic addition to the Jimi Hendrix catalog, West Coast Seattle Boy - The Jimi Hendrix Anthology brings together, for the first time, many of Hendrix's earliest commercial recordings, providing a rare glimpse of the rising rock guitar hero through a series of stellar sideman performances on a set of highly collectible pre-Experience R&B singles.Included on the first 2LPs of West Coast Seattle Boy:
1. Isley Brothers - Testify (1964
2. Don Covay & the Goodtimers - Mercy, Mercy (1964 - #1 Cashbox R&B - #35 Billboard Hot 100)
3. Don Covay & the Goodtimers - Can't Stay Away (1964)
4. Rosa Lee Brooks - My Diary (1965 - written by Arthur Lee)
5. Rosa Lee Brooks - Utee (1965)
6. Little Richard - I Don't Know What You Got But It's Got Me (1965)
7. Little Richard - Dancing All Around The World (1965)
8. Frank Howard & The Commanders - I'm So Glad (1966 - written by Billy Cox)
9. Isley Brothers - Move Over And Let Me Dance (1965)
10. Isley Brothers - Have You Ever Been Disappointed (1965)
11. Ray Sharpe - Help Me (Get The Feeling) (Part I) (1966)
12. The Icemen - (My Girl) She's A Fox (1966)
13. Jimmy Norman - That Little Old Groovemaker (1966)
14. Billy Lamont - Sweet Thang (1968)
15. King Curtis - Instant Groove (1969)
The third and fourth LPs of West Coast Seattle Boy - The Jimi Hendrix Anthology focus on 1967-68 and Hendrix's breakout sessions with the Jimi Hendrix Experience:
16. Fire (1967) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
17. Are You Experienced (1967) - Previously Unreleased Recording
18. May This Be Love (1967) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
19. Can You See Me (1967) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
20. Love Or Confusion (1967) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
21. Little One (1967) - Previously Unreleased Recording (featuring Dave Mason on sitar)
22. Mr. Bad Luck (1967) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
23. Cat Talking To Me (1967) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
24. Castles Made Of Sand (1967) - Previously Unreleased Recording
25. Tears Of Rage (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
26. Hear My Train A Comin' (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
27. 1983 (A Merman I Shall Turn To Be) (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
28. Long Hot Summer Night (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
29. My Friend (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
30. Angel (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
31. Calling All The Devil's Children (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
32. New Rising Sun (1968) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
The fifth and sixth LPs of West Coast Seattle Boy - The Jimi Hendrix Anthology revisit 1968-1969, both a peak and pivotal period for Hendrix in which the artist was exploring bold new directions on stage and in the studio:
33. Hear My Freedom (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
34. Room Full Of Mirrors (1969) - Previously Unreleased Recording
35. Shame, Shame, Shame (1969) - Previously Unreleased Recording
36. Messenger (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
37. Hound Dog Blues (1969) - Previously Unreleased Recording
38. Untitled Basic Track (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
39. Star Spangled Banner (1969) - Previously Unreleased Original Mix
40. Purple Haze (1969) - Previously Unreleased Original Mix
41. Young/Hendrix (1969) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
42. Mastermind (1969) - Previously Unreleased Recording
43. Message To Love (1969) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
44. Fire (1969) - Previously Unreleased Recording
45. Foxey Lady (1969) - Previously Unreleased Recording
Opening with Hendrix's incendiary New Year's Eve performance of Stone Free at New York's Fillmore East on December 31, 1969 and closing with a previously unheard recording from Hendrix alone in his Greenwich Village apartment in 1970, the seventh and eighth LPs of West Coast Seattle Boy - The Jimi Hendrix Anthology provides a fascinating portrait of an artist at his fiery best, working on the future:
46. Stone Free (1969) - Previously Unreleased Recording
47. Burning Desire (1970) - Previously Unreleased Recording
48. Lonely Avenue (1969) - Previously Unreleased Recording
49. Everlasting First (1970) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording (featuring Arthur Lee)
50. Freedom (1970) - Previously Unreleased Recording
51. Peter Gunn/Catastrophe (1970) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
52. In From The Storm (1970) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
53. All God's Children (1970) - Previously Unreleased Recording
54. Red House (1970) - Previously Unreleased Recording
55. Play That Riff [Thank You] (1970) - Previously Unreleased Recording
56. Bolero (1970) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
57. Hey Baby (New Rising Sun) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
58. Suddenly November Morning (1970) - Previously Unreleased Recording$99.99Vinyl LP - Limited Edition 8 LP Box Set Sealed AWAITING REPRESS Buy Now
Eric Johnson: Live From Austin, TexasFasten your seatbelts for an extraordinary ride
with guitar hero Eric Johnson. This is the performance that fellow
guitarists, wannabes and fans have been waiting and dying for since this
show first aired in 1989. And for good reason: Johnson's playing has a
way of connecting to fans of every guitar style while still eliciting raves
from the likes of Carlos Santana, Johnny Winter, Jeff Beck, Stevie Ray
Vaughan and even country music legend Chet Atkins. His inspirations are
the "3J's:" Jimi Hendrix, Jerry Reed, and Jeff Beck, but his style ranges
wide and free throughout the entirety of guitar history while still infusing
fresh ideas of his own.
A long-time Austin mainstay, he took up guitar
at age eleven and had his first professional group at fifteen. In 1974, he
defied the musical mainstream by forming Austin's first jazz/rock fusion
band, the Electromagnets, and he's been making guitar history ever since.
"Guitar genius" is an easy phrase to throw around, but when it comes to
blending fires and finesse, Eric Johnson has it all.
- Terry Lickona (producer Austin City Limits)1. Righteous
2. Love Or Confusion
3. Steve's Boogie
4. Trail Of Tears
5. Western Flyer
6. East Wes
8. Camel's Night Out
9. Emerald Eyes
10. Cliffs Of Dover
11. Desert Rose
13. Are You Experienced?$22.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
Special Requests (and other favorites)Kenny Burrell has appeared on so many essential jazz
recordings that jazz history and his biography seem
irretrievably intertwined. Billie Holiday's valedictory
rumination Lady Sings the Blues, Jimmy Smith's epochal funk
throwdown Back at the Chicken Shack, Tony Bennett's Carnegie
Hall debut - Kenny Burrell played guitar for them all. Even Jimi
Hendrix once remarked, Kenny Burrell - that's the sound I'm
looking for. Here is Burrell captured live at the West-Coast jazz
mecca, Catalina's, in an easy-going program of some of his
most-requested tunes along with a few of his personal favorites
thrown in. Jazz tunes by Benny Golson, Freddie Hubbard, the
Duke and others are here all given the ever-tasteful Burrell
Kenny Burrell, guitar
Justo Almario, tenor sax
Tom Ranier, piano
Tony Dumas, bass
Clayton Cameron, drums1. Killer Joe
2. Little Sunflower
3. The Summer Knows
4. Make Someone Happy
5. Bye Bye Blackbird
6. In a Sentimental Mood$18.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now