Johnny Cash: Forever Words is a collaborative album consisting of 16 songs created from Johnny Cash's unknown poetry, lyrics, and letters set to music by an astounding array of contemporary artists including Chris Cornell, Ruston Kelly & Kacey Musgraves, Rosanne Cash, Alison Krauss & Union Station, Brad Paisley, Kris Kristofferson & Willie Nelson, John Mellencamp, Elvis Costello, and more.
For nearly 60 years, the words of Johnny Cash have reached across cultural, spiritual and ideological borders. He was not only a singer of great songs, but a teller of universal truths about justice, faith, love, and independence. It was in this spirit that Johnny Cash: Forever Words, was created.
Recorded primarily at The Cash Cabin Studio in Hendersonville, Tennessee and co-produced by John Carter Cash and Steve Berkowitz, Johnny Cash: Forever Words is also the musical companion to the best-selling Forever Words: The Unknown Poems, a volume of Cash's unpublished writing edited by Pulitzer Prize-winning poet Paul Muldoon.
1. Forever / I Still Miss Someone - Kris Kristofferson & Willie Nelson
2. To June This Morning - Ruston Kelly and Kacey Musgraves
3. Gold All Over the Ground - Brad Paisley
4. You Never Knew My Mind - Chris Cornell
5. The Captain's Daughter - Alison Krauss and Union Station
6. Jellico Coal Man - T Bone Burnett
7. The Walking Wounded - Rosanne Cash
8. Them Double Blues - John Mellencamp
9. Body On Body - Jewel
10. I'll Still Love You - Elvis Costello
11. June's Sundown - Carlene Carter
12. He Bore It All - Dailey & Vincent
13. Chinky Pin Hill - I'm With Her
14. Goin', Goin', Gone - Robert Glasper feat. Ro James, and Anu Sun
15. What Would I Dreamer Do? - The Jayhawks
16. Spirit Rider - Jamey Johnson