- Lowest Price
- Highest Price
99.9%Born in Port-au-Prince, Haiti and raised in the city of Montreal, 23
year-old Canadian artist Kaytranada is widely regarded as one of
the most important new producers in the musical landscape today.
Since the age of fourteen, when he first began to DJ and when his
brother introduced him to music production software, his output has
been relentless. As he explains, "after he showed me the basics,
from that day on I couldn't stop making beats," pumping out a beat
a day for the next couple of years and soon after self-releasing a series
of EPs and beat tapes that quickly began to expand his reach.
Single releases like "Drive Me Crazy" with Vic Mensa and "Leave
Me Alone" with Shay Lia soon spread his name like wildfire and
gained listens reaching far into the millions. In addition to that
he's produced for artists such as Mobb Deep, Kali Uchis, Freddie
Gibbs, The Internet, & Talib Kweli and remixed the likes of Disclosure,
Pharrell, Missy Elliot, Janet Jackson, and others. Kaytranada
soon cemented his reputation and his sound; an undeniable swing
of the drums comparable to J Dilla's, a signature soulful touch in the
melodies, and a healthy dose of funky bass lines. Last year he was
tapped by the legendary Rick Rubin who has acted as a mentor,
eventually signing him to a publishing relationship.
99.9% will be Kaytranada's first debut album on XL Recordings.
The 15-track album includes guest vocals from Anderson .Paak,
AlunaGeorge, BADBADNOTGOOD, Craig David, Syd, Little Dragon,
Goldlink and more.LP 1
1. Track Uno
2. Bus Ride (Feat. Karriem Riggins & River Tiber)
3. Got It Good (Feat. Craig David)
4. Together (Feat. Alunageorge & Goldlink)
5. Drive Me Crazy (Feat. Vic Mensa)
6. Weight Off (Feat. Badbadnotgood)
7. One Too Many (Feat. Phonte)
1. Despite The Weather
2. Glowed Up (Feat. Anderson .paak)
3. Breakdance Lesson N.1
4. You're The One (Feat. Syd)
5. Vivid Dreams (Feat. River Tiber)
6. Lite Spots
7. Leave Me Alone (Feat. Shay Lia)
8. Bullets (Feat. Little Dragon)$29.99Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
IVBADBADBADNOTGOOD is the talented young quartet of Matthew Tavares on keys, Chester Hansen on bass, Alex Sowinski on drums & Leland Whitty on saxophone. They formed and became inseparable friends at Humber College's Music Performance program in 2011 and have been on a critically acclaimed, rule bending musical journey ever since.
BBNG took the music world by storm with their 2014 LP, III, a brash yet refined record of angular jazz improvisations, lush ballads, kraut rock, & futuristic hip-hop tinged rhythms which led to a couple years of touring the world & collaborating with some of the best and brightest artists around the globe.
The boys are back with the new album IV, their most impressive and highly anticipated project yet. IV continues their forward thinking progression, sounding something like a jam session in space between Can, John Coltrane, Herbie Hancock's Headhunters, Weather Report, Arthur Russell & MF DOOM. With tracks like Time Moves Slow featuring haunting vocals from Sam Herring of Future Islands, the syncopated groove of Lavender, a collaboration with Montreal based producer Kaytranada, the rumbling fusion build of Confessions Pt. II featuring Colin Stetson on the bass sax, Love which is highlighted with smokey left field raps from Mick Jenkins & the epic chords of Speaking Gently, IV is an exploration in post-genre virtuosity.1. And That, Too
2. Speaking Gently
3. Time Moves Slow (feat. Sam Herring)
4. Confessions Pt. II (feat. Colin Stetson)
5. Lavender (feat. KAYTRANADA)
6. Chompy's Paradise
8. Hyssop of Love (feat. Mick Jenkins)
9. Structure No. 3
10. In Your Eyes (feat. Charlotte Day Wilson)
11. Cashmere$20.99Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
Late Night Tales: BADBADNOTGOOD (Unmixed)Canadian quartet BadBadNotGood take on creating the ultimate "late night" selection of tracks from their record collections.
The original trio of Matthew Tavares, Alex Sowinski and Chester Hansen formed while studying music at Toronto's Humber College (they've recently added Leland Whitty to the line-up). A shared appreciation of hip hop and instrumental covers of Gucci Mane and Earl Sweatshirt suggested a worldly outlook and reciprocated love from Tyler The Creator and Ghostface Killah, with whom they made 2015's Sour Soul. Their last album, the critically-acclaimed IV, turned heads and their collaborators continue to multiply: Snoop Dogg, Kaytranada and Kendrick Lamar among them.
"We were really excited to have the chance to put together a LateNightTales compilation, it's a great organisation. We decided to use it as a vehicle to show everyone all the amazing music we have gotten to experience by touring and meeting new people.
Every track on this comp was either shown to us by an incredible person or made by one of our friends. We also included a little cover of a song by one of our favourite current musicians, Andy Shauf. These artists, as well as many, many others, have influenced us to create, and kept our deep love of music alive. This mix will keep you company on a quiet night by yourself or with friends. You can check it out on the plane, the bus, a long walk, or any situation where you want a soundtrack for reflection and meditation."
- BADBADNOTGOOD May 2017
You can even hear little bits of BadBadNotGood through this mix, as though they are transmitting parts of themselves through the music they select. Perhaps the keys on Admas' hilariously expensive 'Anchi Bale Game', maybe, or the arrangements on Delegation's mighty Britsoul tune 'Oh Honey' or the groove from 'Vida Antiga', Erasmo Carlos' Brazilian classic. As Janis almost sang, take another little piece of my art.
This is an international effort: Velly Joonas' Estonian version of 'Feel Like Makin' Love', Kiki Gyan, Admas and Francis Bebey representing Africa (Ghana, Ethiopia and Cameroon respectively), Les Prospection from France, Scots' Boards Of Canada and fellow Canucks River Tiber and Charlotte Day Wilson.
Finally, there's the no-small-matter of the Late Night Tales cover version, in which BadBadNotGood take on Andy Shauf's 'To You' is turned into a mournful delight. while the Queen Of Siam herself, Lydia Lunch, delivers a sexual sermon involving only you, her and Jim Beam.
Badbad, indeed: so good they said it twice.LP 1
1. Boards Of Canada - Olson
2. Erasmo Carlos - Vida Antiga
3. Gene Williams - Don't Let Your Love Fade Away
4. The Chosen Few - People Make The World Go Round
5. Esther Phillips - Home Is Where the Hatred Is
6. Delegation - Oh Honey
7. Velly Joonas - KÄes on aeg
8. Stereolab - The Flower Called Nowhere
9. Kiki Gyan - Disco Dancer
10. Admas - Anchi Bale Game
1. Francis Bebey - Sanza Nocturne
2. Thundercat - For Love I Come
3. River Tiber Ft. Daniel Caesar - West
4. Charlotte Day Wilson - Work
5. The Beach Boys - Don't Talk (Put Your Head On My Shoulder)
6. Donnie & Joe Emerson - Baby
7. Les Prospections - Lido
8. Grady Tate - And I Love Her
9. Badbadnotgood - To You (Exclusive Andy Shauf cover version)
10. Steve Kuhn - The Meaning Of Love
11. Lydia Lunch - You, Me and Jim Beam (Exclusive Spoken Word Piece)$35.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
Strength Of A WomanStrength of a Woman is the thirteenth studio album by Mary J. Blige. The album features guest appearances by Kanye West, Quavo, DJ Khaled, Missy Elliott, Prince Charlez, and Kaytranada.LP 1
1. Love Yourself
2. Thick Of It
3. Set Me Free
4. It's Me
5. Glow Up
6. U + Me (Love Lesson)
1. Thank You
3. Find The Love
5. Telling The Truth
6. Strength Of A Woman$22.99Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
At What Cost
Blue Colored Vinyl
At What Cost is the debut studio album of Washington, D.C.-based hip-hop artist, GOLDLINK. The 14-track offering includes features appearances by KAYTRANADA, Wale, Shy Glizzy, and more.
On the inspiration behind the project, GoldLink says, "I made At What Cost as an ode to my hometown. It's about the essence of Go-Go and how it's shaped the city and where I am from, the people, the attitude. I don't want gentrification to overlook what Go-Go has done and how it's shaped the city."LP 1
1. Opening Credit
2. Same Clothes as Yesterday (feat. Ciscero)
3. Have You Seen that Girl?
4. Hands on Your Knees (feat. Kokayi)
5. Meditation (feat. Jazmine Sullivan & KAYTRANADA)
6. Herside Story (GoldLink x Hare Squead)
7. Summatime (feat. Wale & Radiant Children)
8. Roll Call feat. MYA
1. The Parable of the Rich Man (feat. April George)
2. Crew (feat. Brent Faiyaz & Shy Glizzy)
3. We Will Never Die (feat. Lil Dude)
4. Kokamoe Freestyle
5. Some Girl (feat. Steve Lacy)
6. Pray Everyday (Survivor's Guilt)$22.99Colored Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now