Lauren White is an extremely talented 20-year old from Texas who has been studying under the same vocal coach as Norah Jones. Lauren blends the sensuality and vulnerability of Norah Jones with the vocal range of Linda Ronstadt combined with a voice that exhibits both emotional depth as well as nuance and delicacy!
Lauren's first album features a wide array of songs, the album opens with a Billie Holiday styled tune My One & Only, then drops to the darker overtones of the Anthony Wilson arranged Love For Sale, and transitions into a swinging Mack The Knife. This album also includes memorable covers of popular songs like Blue Bayou (Roy Orbison), Superstar (Carpenters), and to the country influenced, Why They Call It Falling (Lee Ann Womack). Lauren White also displays an impressive talent for song writing with three original songs here including a retro-ish Do You Remember, a heartbreaking ballad All I Do Is Cry and an up-tempo Brand New Love.
Featuring Anthony Wilson on guitar, Bill Cunliffe on piano and Ricky Woodward on sax, the album was recorded at Sunset Sound by Joe Harley (producer) and Mike Ross (engineer). The all analogue two inch 24-track masters were mixed down to 1/2 inch 30 ips stereo at LA-FX in Burbank, CA. These master tapes were then used in the mastering of both the LP and SACD and feature a stunning all analogue recording experience! This new release is a must have for all fans of superb audiophile quality female vocals!
This title is not eligible for discount
1. My One And Only (Ira Gershwin)
2. All I Do Is Cry (L. White & W. White)
3. Blue Bayou (R. Orbison & J. Melson)
4. Do You Remember (L. White & W. White)
5. Mack The Knife (K. Weil & M. Butzstein)
6. Love For Sale (Cole Porter)
7. Brand New Love (L. White & W. White)
8. Superstar (L. Russell, D. Bramlett & B. Bramlett)
9. My Funny Valentine (R. Rogers & L. Hart)
10. Why They Call It Falling (Lee Ann Womack)
11. At Last (M. Gordan & H. Warren)