- Lowest Price
- Highest Price
Man On The Moon'
Man On The Moon: The End Of DayMan on the Moon: The End of Day the debut album of American rapper Kid Cudi, released September 15, 2009, on GOOD Music. A concept album, it follows the release of his first mixtape A Kid Named Cudi (2008).1 In My Dreams Cudder Anthem
2 Soundtrack 2 My Life
3 Simple as...
4 Solo Dolo (Nightmare)
5 Heart of a Lion Kid Cudi Theme Music
6 My World
7 Day N Nite (Nightmare)
8 Sky Might Fall
9 Enter Galactic Love Connection, Pt. 1
10 Alive (Nightmare)
11 Cudi Zone
12 Make Her Say
13 Pursuit of Happiness (Nightmare)
15 Up Up & Away$24.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Man On The Moon II: The Legend Of Mr. RagerMan on the Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager follows-up up Kid Cudi's critically acclaimed 2009 debut album Man on the Moon: The End of Day. The album features varied production from the likes of Kanye West, No I.D., the Neptunes, Ratatat, and Jim Jonsin and collaborations with Cage, Snoop Dogg, Pharrell and Chip Tha Ripper.1. Scott Mescudi VS the World feat. Cee-Lo
3. Dont Play This Song feat. Mary J. Blige
4. We Aite (Wake Your Mind Up)
6. Mojo So Dope
7. Ashin Kusher
8. Erase Me feat. Kanye West
9. Wildn Cuz Im Young
10. The Mood
11. MANIAC feat. Cage & St. Vincent
12. Mr. Rager
13. These Worries feat. Mary J. Blige
14. The End feat. GLC, Chip Tha Ripper & Nicole Wray
15. All Along
17. Trapped In My Mind$24.99Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
No Moon At AllWildcat! Wildcat!'s debut full-length, No Moon At All, ties the trio's indie-pop anthems into a cohesive widescreen vision. Packed with the Los Angeles-based band's uplifting musicality and angelic harmonies, the ten-track album, which features production from M83's Morgan Kibby, represents both a major artistic leap and the culmination of the group's rise since "Mr. Quiche" and their initial run of buzzy singles.
Featuring longtime friends Jesse Taylor (vocals, bass), Michael Wilson (vocals, keys) and Jesse Carmichael (vocals, drums), Wildcat! Wildcat! officially formed in 2012. Their early tracks, available as blog downloads and a single from the tastemaker label Neon Gold, led to the band's 2013 self-titled debut EP on Downtown Records, which received critical acclaim from NPR, Pitchfork, Time, Stereogum, Nylon, Paste, Huffington Post and more.
In early 2013, Wildcat! Wildcat! was the subject of the Sam Jones-directed documentary Hello Everywhere - a feature that depicted the band's journey from LA to SXSW for a massive concert with Passion Pit. The group has also toured with Alt-J, Portugal. The Man and MS MR.
On No Moon At All, Wildcat! Wildcat! achieves full headliner status. Its sweeping arc and range create an emotionally-rousing world for the band's infectious underdog anthems. "Tower" sets the tone with a dreamy build and explosive low-end, while lead single "Hero" mixes the group's innovative harmonies with dance production and an earworm chorus. "Holloway (Hey, Love)," with its skyrocketing emotions, is sure to play over many-a-movie's end credits, and "End Of The World Everyday" is a slinky, bold ballad.1. Tower // W.O.H.L.
2. Garden Grays
3. Up & Beyond
5. End of the World Everyday
6. Holloway (Hey, Love)
7. Circuit Breaker
8. Nothing Below
10. Marfa$24.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
6 Feet Beneath The MoonSix Feet Beneath The Moon is the long-anticipated debut album from Southeast London's King Krule.
Archy Marshall aka King Krule broke out two years ago, at the tender age of 16 with his eponymous
EP released on True Panther. King Krule's sound, a
hypnotic mixture indebted to working class British
song-smiths like Billy Bragg as much as NY No-Wave
and hip hop carries a maturity and depth far beyond
his years. The EP's lead single, "Noose of Jah City"
found a great deal of success on BBC's Radio 1,
and brought Archy praise from Pitchfork, The NY
Times, FADER and numerous other publications. His
music has also won him fans among today's young
music elite - Mac Miller, Frank Ocean and Tyler, The
Creator are all supporters, collaborators and fans.
Six Feet Beneath The Moon takes the potential
evident in the EP and blows it out of the water.
Across 14 tracks Archy expertly weaves incredible
stories of London life, his own relationships and
experiences with the swagger of a street poet, all in his incredibly distinct smoky baritone. The album, recorded mostly near Archy's South London
home with producer Rodaidh McDonnell (The XX,
Savages, How To Dress Well) is stark but incredibly
rich - painting with a palate full of hip hop, jazz, no-wave and poetic influences.
The album shares the electric confidence of some of last decade's most important debuts - Arctic
Monkeys' Whatever People Say I Am, That's What
I'm Not', The Streets' Original Pirate Material and
Dizzee Rascal's Boy In Da Corner. It is somehow
both a perfect summary of a young man's life in a
particular part of London and a universal, deeply
moving and compelling statement. Most importantly,
it is the flag ushering in a new and important musical voice that is sure to be with us for quite some time.1. Easy Easy
3. Has This Hit
6. Baby Blue
8. Lizard State
9. 'William, Here I Come
10. Ocean Bed
11. Neptune Estate
13. Out Getting Ribs
14. What Is There To Say?$27.99Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
I'm Not Your ManIt's amazing how the floodgates open when you shut out all the internal and external noise, stop pandering to stereotype, cease listening to your anxieties, and disregard the compartment society has built for you. I'm Not Your Man, the Charlie Andrew(Alt-J, Rae Morris)-produced second album from Marika Hackman, begins with an impromptu hearty laugh. It's not the sound of silliness; it's the sound of liberation, spontaneity, and joy. 24-year-old Hackman is feeling more herself than ever. Life isn't necessarily funnier or happier, but when there's cause for a joke or a big ballsy statement, she's not holding back anymore.
The album took almost 18 months to complete, during which time Hackman switched to a new manager and a new label, transitions that yielded new avenues for exploration, a lot of time, and a lot of distance - mainly, she insists, from self-imposed boundaries. "I used to be very self-conscious," explains Hackman. "If something sounded a bit too pop or like I'd heard it before I'd mold it into something different. This time around I thought, 'fuck it, I'll just let it flow.'"
The results of this semi-anarchic approach are evident in the grungier, catchier sonics of I'm Not Your Man, and the lyrics, which reveal an unhinged and shamelessly free Hackman. There's an open-ended nature to the lyrics, which delve into femininity, sex and sexual identity, millennial ennui, the pressures of living in a social media bubble, and the perils of being young in a fast-paced industry. "The record's all about female relationships, romance, and breakdowns, but there's also a dim worldview going on. 'I'm Not Your Man' can either mean 'I'm not your man, I'm your woman,' or it can mean 'I'm not a part of this.'"
Hackman cranked up the knobs in the studio, turning away from the quieter sounds of her past to realize her teenage fantasy of fronting a raucous band. "I wanted to let rip and lose control. When I was younger I wasn't looking at Joni Mitchell. I was looking at Nirvana thinking, 'I wanna be like that!'" To channel this feral female energy, Hackman recruited London quartet The Big Moon as her backing band. The results are a dynamic, multi-genre album tied together by razor-sharp wit. The sounds span from Cate Le Bon weirdness to Warpaint dirge jams to straight-up Britpop choruses. "People were saying it was a mash-up between Radiohead, Blondie, and The Cure," laughs Hackman, self-mockingly. "I can't wait to see the reaction," she says. "That's the thrill of reinventing yourself. I might piss off a lot of die-hard folky fans but this is still my brain, it's still my world, and I'm gonna create it how I want."1. Boyfriend
2. Good Intentions
3. Gina's World
4. My Lover Cindy
5. Round We Go
8. Time's Been Reckless
9. Apple Tree
10. So Long
11. Eastbound Train
13. I'd Rather Be With Them$19.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
ParallelsAn overwhelmingly pleasant listen - Pitchfork
[Nosaj Thing is] a progressive, genre-clashing and boundary-breaking producer. - Hypebeast
Parallels is the fourth full album released under Jason Chung's distinctive moniker, Nosaj Thing. Masterfully dimensional, Parallels Represents the acclaimed Los Angeles-based electronic producer/composer/performer's most diverse, vital work yet. As such, Chung sees Parallels represents a kind of redemptive rebirth.The album's compellingly elusive, uncategorizable sonics developed out of what he terms a personal & musical identity crisis.
According to Chung, working with a group of collaborators on Parallels that combined both longtime friends and new creative partners added new energy which pushed me not to limit myself.Everything felt fresh and alive. The title Parallels in fact evokes the intense, intimate duality Nosaj Thing and his collaborators share.Chung is known specifically for his innovative, unexpected musical pairings: Kid Cudi hit up on Nosaj Thing via his MySpace page in2006, resulting in Chung producing Cudi's autobiographical classicThe Man on the Moon. Kendrick Lamar flowed over Nosaj's ethereal boom bap to create the YouTube gem Cloud 10; Chance the Rapper, meanwhile, freaked a Nosaj beat for his 2013 breakout masterpiece Paranoia and appeared on Nosaj Thing's previous LP,2015's Fated. Chung and Blonde Redhead vocalist Kazu Makino are also longtime creative partners on each other's work; her voice appears on Parallels as an otherworldly spirit animating the icily'80s-synthetic How We Do.1. Nowhere
2. All Points Back To U (feat. Steve Spacek)
4. How We Do (feat. Kazu Makino)
5. U G
6. Get Like
8. Way We Were (feat. Zuri Marley)
10. Sister$18.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Mountains Beaches CitiesNashville rock favorites, Moon Taxi, have really hit the ground running in 2013. February saw the release of their second studio album, Cabaret; a keyboard laden, indie-prog rock venture. The band has hit the festival circuit hard over the summer playing the Hangout Music Festival, Wakarusa and Forecastle just to name a few. Now Moon Taxi is ready to release their third studio and second album of 2013, Mountains Beaches Cities.
Mountains Beaches Cities comes as a continuation of Cabaret. The songwriting style and recording process discovered while making their second studio album fuels the songs on Moon Taxi's newest effort. Mixed by Vance Powel of Third Man Records, the album features enormous drum sounds, multiple layers of keyboards and guitars and are driven by steady grooving bass lines.
Moon Taxi has released two singles from the new album to wet audiences appetites. The first release, 'Running Wild', is an indie pop number that uses signature Moon Taxi guitar riffs backed by keyboard synth layers. The lyrics speak of taking in the moment and making the most of life while there's still time.
Their second single, 'The New Black', is a hypnotic, head bobbing tune that plays off of one progression over and over. The dynamics rise and fall with the addition and subtraction of subtle layers that support the southern rock/blues guitar riff that drives the song.
- Willie Guy Arnot, Examiner1. Running Wild
3. The New Black
5. Young Journey
7. River Water
9. Struck Me Down
10. Juniper$19.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Black Beauty28-page, full-color book (11" x 11")
Extensive essay by Ben Edmonds (Creem, Rolling Stone, Mojo) featuring all-new interviews
Abundant, never-before-seen photographs by Herbert Worthington (Fleetwood Mac's Rumours)
Brilliantly mastered by multi-GRAMMY® nominee Dan Hersch (Paul Simon, Kinks, Cars,The Band)
Mastered for vinyl by multi-GRAMMY® winner Doug Sax (The Who, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd)
Black Beauty, the never-before-released masterpiece by Arthur Lee's legendary psychedelic rock band Love, is available on 180-gram vinyl LP. Recorded in 1973 for the ambitious new label Buffalo Records,
the album remained unreleased when the company folded. Finally, after 39 years High Moon Records is honored to fulfill Arthur Lee's wish that Black Beauty be heard by music fans worldwide. Black Beauty is making its first-ever official release
in any format, anywhere! With unparalelled sound and state-of-the-art packaging, critics are hailing Black Beauty as an instant classic. Black Beauty is that rarest of rock artifacts: an unreleased,
full-length studio album, from an undisputed musical
genius. Black Beauty is the missing link in a catalog that includes Forever Changes, the classic 1967 Love album the New York Times called "one of the most affecting and beguiling albums of all time. With Black Beauty, Arthur Lee manages to combine searing 70's-rock with gorgeous melodies and stellar songwriting - topped off by his most distinctive, snarling, soulful vocals ever. With its wonderfully eclectic collection of songs, the
album offers Love fans a rare glimpse into a previously undocumented phase of Arthur Lee's fabled career, while shining a light for new fans to discover the unique genius that is the music of Arthur Lee and Love.
It's tempting to play what-if with Love's lost labor, Black Beauty, which was recorded in 1973 but shelved for nearly four decades. What if Buffalo Records hadn't gone out of business just prior to the album's release? What if Black Beauty had actually hit stores? What if it hadn't languished in limbo until years after Arthur Lee's death? Would it have stopped Love's slide into obscurity? Would it have signaled a comeback for the man who masterminded Forever Changes, still one of the most complex and compelling artifacts of 1960s Los Angeles? Would his life and career have played out any differently? Would we think of him today as something other than a cult artist, inspired as well as damned by his era?
It's difficult to imagine any answers to those questions, but it says a lot about Lee that the album even raises these what-ifs and coulda-beens. The very qualities that made him such a fascinating voice-- restlessness, excitability, paranoia, perfectionism, single-mindedness-- may have doomed any commercial prospects more than his notorious fear of travel ever did. After recording Forever Changes, he fired the band and hired new musicians to take their places. Every subsequent album featured a different line-up, although the changes seem based more on personality than on musical direction or ability. Never stagnant, Love was in constant flux, always in a state of development but never quite arriving. So the operative question becomes: Was this the version of Love that Lee had been working toward?
For Black Beauty-- which is finally seeing release via High Moon Records, although the reissue has been delayed for two years-- Lee assembled guitarist Melvan Whittington, bass player Robert Rozelle, and drummer Joe Blocker. This may be the hardiest and most muscular of Love's post-Changes rosters, with remarkable force and range. With crisp production by Paul Rothchild, best known for his work with the Doors, Love build from a potent blues rock foundation not dissimilar to that of Jimi Hendrix, but without the distracting shamanistic persona and guitar pyrotechnics. "Walk Right In" struts into country rock territory, rewriting Cannon's Jug Stompers 1929 hit into a plea for empathy, and "Beep Beep" attempts a sort of pop reggae, albeit not entirely convincingly.
On the whole, this particular line-up sounds perfectly rough and unrehearsed, generating a tense energy on "Skid" and "Stay Away" even as they suggest a band still figuring out exactly what they can do together. It's a strong album, but it's not another Forever Changes, whose accomplishments in retrospect were unrepeatable, or even another Four Sail. On the other hand, Lee wasn't aiming to craft something in that vein. Still, especially considering the professional setbacks he had faced in the years leading up to Black Beauty-- which includes being dropped by Elektra and shuffling through a series of independent labels-- Lee sounds engaged and invigorated, forgoing the bitterness that had rankled the band for a slightly more hopeful outlook. On stand-out "Can't Find It", he sings, "Every time I cry my heart out, and every time I play the fool, but there's gotta be something in this lonely world for me." The confession is all the more bittersweet for being capped with the line, "but I can't find it without you." It's ostensibly a love song, but could just as easily be addressed to his audience. His creative satisfaction relies on having a listener to complete the circuit, which makes this album's long shelf life all the sadder.
-Stephen M. Deusner (Pitchfork, May 15, 2013)1. Young & Able
2. Midnight Sun
3. Can't Find It
4. Walk Right In
6. Beep Beep
7. Stay Away
8. Lonely Pigs
9. See Myself In You
10. Product Of The Times$37.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
The Walk Soundtrack (Colored Vinyl)Limited Edition Blue Colored Vinyl
180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl with Gatefold Sleeve, 4-page Booklet and PVC Protective Sleeve
Twelve people have walked on the moon, but only one man - Philippe Petit (played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt) - has ever, or will ever, walk in the immense void between the World Trade Center towers. Guided by his real-life mentor, Papa Rudy (Ben Kingsley), and aided by an unlikely band of international recruits, Petit and his gang overcome long odds, betrayals, dissension and countless close calls to conceive and execute their mad plan.
Directed by Robert Zemeckis (Forrest Gump, Cast Away, Back to the Future, Polar Express), the film boasts cutting edge technology in the service of an emotional, character-driven story. The Walk is true big-screen cinema, a chance for moviegoers to viscerally experience the feeling of reaching the clouds. The film is also a love letter to Paris and New York City in the 1970s, but most of all, to the Towers of the World Trade Center.
Alan Silvestri has scored some of the most iconically revered films in Hollywood history, amassing over a hundred credits to the tune of two Oscar and Golden Globe nominations (a.o. for the Forrest Gump soundtrack), as well as three Grammy awards. While stylistically diverse, the unifying voice of Alan's work is an unmistakable rhythmic melody whose themes continue to embody movie excitement and drama for generations of moviegoers.1. Pourquoi?
2. Young Philippe
3. Two Loves
4. The Towers of Notre Dame
5. ''It's Something Beautiful''
6. Spy Work
7. Full of Doubt
8. Time Passes
9. The Arrow
10. ''We Have A Problem''
11. The Walk
12. ''I Feel Thankful''
13. ''They Want To Kill You''
14. ''There Is No Why''
15. ''Perhaps You Brought Them To Life-Given Them A Soul''$36.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
REDD-GRE-3703xA. Tom Collins
Stick And PokeBefore you ask - the answer is yes. a. Tom Collins is the great-great-grandson of Tom Collins, creator of the eponymous gin cocktail. Other notable relations, near and distant, include British monarch Anne Boleyn, second-man-on-the-moon Buzz Aldrin, fictional detective Hercule Poirot, and saxophonist Clarence Clemons. But here we are, in the present moment, the only time that actually exists - according to Zen Buddhism (and The Stooges) - and a. Tom Collins walks among us; taking note of the wilderness of horrors and occasional blips of joy that are this waking Life - and turning them into boozy, moody, stomp-and-wrangle-worthy anthems of the Now Times. With inexhaustible insight and a smoky voice, Collins slithers, smooths and seduces his notes into your skull and soul; lilting and tilting the moments between awareness and suffering; the hot potato game of tragic flaws; leaning on and propping up love, alternately. When not hammering at a piano and caterwauling the damnable Truth with his amazing band, a. Tom Collins enjoys raising rare and endangered cacti (and select other succulents) in his sprawling conservatory, non-competitive baton-fighting, and sitting alone in a darkened room smoking bidis and watching 16mm loops of WWI newsreels.1. Mambo
2. Baby Doll
4. Don't Wait Up
8. Love & A Flame
9. Little Boy
10. There Goes the Sun$19.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Acoustic Recordings 1998-2016JACK WHITE ACOUSTIC RECORDINGS 1998-2016 collects 26 acoustic songs from throughout White's wide-ranging musical career, spanning album tracks, B-sides, remixes, alternate versions, and previously unreleased tracks. The album, arranged in chronological order, includes acoustic songs made famous by The White Stripes, beginning with ''Sugar Never Tasted So Good'' (originally found on The White Stripes' second-ever 7-inch single) and then lighting upon favorites like ''Apple Blossom'' and ''I'm Bound To Pack It Up'' (remixed here from the original recordings on 2000's DE STIJL), ''Hotel Yorba'' and ''We're Going To Be Friends'' (from 2001's WHITE BLOOD CELLS), ''You've Got Her In Your Pocket'' and ''Well It's True That We Love One Another'' (from 2003's GRAMMY® Award-winning ELEPHANT), ''Forever For Her (Is Over For Me),'' ''White Moon'' and ''As Ugly As I Seem'' (from 2005's GET BEHIND ME SATAN) ''Effect & Cause'' (from 2007's ICKY THUMP), and the Beck-produced ''Honey, We Can't Afford To Look This Cheap,'' first found on the B-side to The White Stripes' final single, 2007's ''Conquest.''
''City Lights'' (below) was written for The White Stripes' GET BEHIND ME SATAN but then forgotten until White revisited the 2005 album for Third Man's Record Store Day 2015 vinyl reissue and finished the recording in 2016. The track is the first new, worldwide commercially released White Stripes song since 2008.
Also featured are ''Never Far Away'' (recorded for 2003's COLD MOUNTAIN: MUSIC FROM THE MIRAMAX MOTION PICTURE) and ''Love Is The Truth'' (written and recorded for Coca-Cola's 2006 What Goes Around campaign) as well as the Bluegrass Version of ''Top Yourself'' and an acoustic mix of the epic murder ballad, ''Carolina Drama,'' both written by White and Brendan Benson for The Raconteurs' GRAMMY® Award-winning 2008 album, CONSOLERS OF THE LONELY. White's two chart-topping solo albums, 2012's BLUNDERBUSS and 2014's LAZARETTO, are represented by a remarkably diverse range of material including ''Love Interruption,'' ''On And On And On,'' ''Blunderbuss,'' ''Entitlement,'' ''Want And Able,'' and alternative mixes of ''Hip (Eponymous) Poor Boy,'' ''Just One Drink,'' ''I Guess I Should Go To Sleep,'' and B-side, ''Machine Gun Silhouette.''
''This, like (Son House's) 'Grinnin' In Your Face,' is mirror-music,'' writes renowned music journalist Greil Marcus of ''City Lights'' in the album's exclusive liner notes, ''the singer talking to himself, trying to tell himself the truth, which he's going to need if he's going to step out of his door, walk into the world, and fool himself, for just a second, that he's ready to take it on. As you listen, it's no surprise at all that it took most of White's music-making life to bring the song home.''
The 26 tracks featured on JACK WHITE ACOUSTIC RECORDINGS 1998-2016 were remastered by Andrew Mendelson at Nashville, TN's Georgetown Masters. All songs were written and produced exclusively by Jack White, except ''Never Far Away'' (produced by T Bone Burnett), ''Honey, We Can't Afford To Look This Cheap'' (produced by Beck), ''Top Yourself (Bluegrass Version)'' and ''Carolina Drama'' (written & produced by White & Brendan Benson), and ''Machine Gun Silhouette'' (written by White & Rob Jones).LP 1
1. Sugar Never Tasted So Good
2. Apple Blossom (Remixed)
3. I'm Bound To Pack It Up (Remixed)
4. Hotel Yorba
5. We're Going To Be Friends
6. You've Got Her In Your Pocket
7. Well It's True That We Love One Another
8. Never Far Away
9. Forever For Her (Is Over For Me)
10. White Moon
11. As Ugly As I Seem
12. City Lights (Previously Unreleased White Stripes Track)
13. Honey, We Can't Afford To Look This Cheap
14. Effect & Cause
1. Love Is The Truth (Acoustic Mix)
2. Top Yourself (Bluegrass Version)
3. Carolina Drama (Acoustic Mix)
4. Love Interruption
5. On And On And On
6. Machine Gun Silhouette (Acoustic Mix)
8. Hip (Eponymous) Poor Boy (Alternate Mix)
9. I Guess I Should Go To Sleep (Alternate Mix)
10. Just One Drink (Acoustic Mix)
12. Want And Able$29.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
Made To Love Magic
The rarities collection, Made to Love Magic, contains demos captured in 1968 (when Drake was studying at Cambridge University) as well as solo-acoustic sketches of later songs - and a newly discovered piece, Tow the Line, which Drake scholars believe is one of the last things he committed to tape. The song, recorded in 1974, was found, unlabeled, at the end of a master tape when original engineer John Wood was mixing this album.
Tow the Line, which lasts 2:16, is classic Drake, as simple as Pink Moon or any of his later works but almost more compelling because of its assertive, driving rhythm. Drake was an unerringly precise guitarist, and Tow the Line is an excellent showcase for his devices: He outlines the verses using a tapestry of delicate, yet tense, descending chords, and then chops out blunt, almost growly blues references on the refrain.
There are other delights on Magic, among them a solo treatment of River Man (from Five Leaves Left) without the string orchestra; the somber, anguishing love ode Clothes of Sand; and a relaxed journey through Rider on the Wheel. Far more interesting than typical demos, laced with the shadowy moods some artists spend years chasing in studios, these casual performances suggest that there was never anything casual about Drake's art: Even when he was just jotting down some idea, he couldn't help infecting it with that strange, mournful magic.
- Tom Moon (Rolling Stone)1. Rider On The Wheel
3. River Man
5. Thoughts Of Mary Jane
7. Hanging On A Star
8. Three Hours
9. Clothes Of Sand
11. Time Of No Reply
12. Black Eyed Dog
13. Tow The Line$24.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
ReDISCovered Box SetFrom The Original 1974 Analog Stereo Masters
Original Moon Records Jacket Art, Complete With The Original MN-100-A/B Matrix Etching
16"x22" Reproduction Of The First Rush Promo Poster
Three 5"x7" Lithographs Of Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson And John Rutsey
A 12"x12" Rush Family Tree Poster
In March of 1974, Rush released their self-titled debut through the band's own indie label, Moon Records in Canada, and quickly sold out of the initial 3500 copies originally pressed. Moon Records would soon become Anthem Records, which launched in 1977, and continues to serve as the band's only Canadian record company.
To mark the band's 40-year recording career, Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) will celebrate with the vinyl reissue of the original Moon Records (pre-Mercury) release of Rush, as part of Universal's reDISCovered vinyl series. Housed in a sturdy, custom box with a lift-off top, this landmark album is pressed on 200g, audiophile grade vinyl, from the original 1974 analog stereo masters, cut to copper plates using the Direct Metal Mastering (DMM) process at the legendary Abbey Road Studios. Rush also features the original Moon Records jacket art, complete with the original MN-100-A/B Matrix etching, and will include a 16"x22" reproduction of the first Rush promo poster, three 5"x7" lithographs of Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson and John Rutsey, and a 12"x12" Rush Family Tree poster.
Featuring the band's original line up, Lee, Lifeson and Rutsey, Rush's eponymous 1974 debut features eight hard- hitting rockers including "Finding My Way," the fast-paced "Need Some Love," "Take A Friend," "What You're Doing," the southern rock vibe of "In The Mood," and their U.S. breakthrough anthem "Working Man" which was made famous by Cleveland, Ohio's WMMS radio station. Other tracks include the more melodic "Here Again" and the atmospheric "Before and After," which gradually builds into a burst of power chords and heavy guitar riffs.
Rush's unique style and sound continues to evolve and push the envelope of rock into new territories, gaining legions of new fans along the way. After a four decade journey, in 2013 Rush was recognized for their immeasurable impact and influence in rock and roll and were inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame to the delight of fans and critics alike.1. Finding My Way
2. Need Some Love
3. Take a Friend
4. Here Again
5. What You're Doing
6. In the Mood
7. Before and After
8. Working Man$44.99200 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Sad Sappy SuckerAfter stepping up to the major-label plate with The Moon and Antarctica, Modest Mouse reach back to their roots with Sad Sappy Sucker. Sucker is actually the band's first recording, released in 2001 but created back in 1994. It was shelved in favor of Lonesome Crowded West as their debut, but Sucker is still a fine piece of the Modest Mouse lineage.
Although parts of Sucker are experimental compared to the band's current polish, this isn't some rarity to be enjoyed only by collectors. Breezy melodies build into jagged choruses as singer Isaac Brock shows he can be both tender and playfully aggressive. Most of the songs clock in between two and three minutes, leaving room for numerous gems in the course of the 24-track album. While 12 of the songs come from a recording session with K Records' Calvin Johnson, a chunk of Sucker material comes from Brock's Dial-a-Song phase, during which callers heard new songs by dialing into his answering machine. These experiments range from lo-fi combos of distorted instruments and whiny vocals to complete songs, like the bluesy rock jam on Secret Agent X-9. The Dial-a-Songs--and a message left by Murder City Devils front man Spencer Moody (Call to Dial-a-Song)--are both comic relief and proof that Modest Mouse didn't gain their indie-rock cult status by accident. The talent's been there from the beginning. --Jennifer Maerz1. Worms Vs. Birds
2. Four Fingered Fisherman
4. Wagon Ride Return
5. From Point A To Point B
6. Path Of Least Resistance
7. It Always Rains On A Picnic
8. Dukes Up
9. Think Long
10. Every Penny Fed Car
11. Mice Eat Cheese
12. Race Car Grin You Ain't No Landmark
13. Red Hand Case
14. Secret Agent X-9
15. Blue Cadet -3, Do You Connect?
16. Call To Dial A Song
17. 5-4-3-2-1 Lips Off
19. BMX Crash
20. Sucker Betru$17.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Mind Control (their third full-length album) is set for release in April 2013, following their two debut London sell-out concerts at The Garage. Within it's blood soaked grooves you will hear shocking tales of bizarre desert ceremonies, religious brainwashing and drug inspired mass slaughter!
Imagine the original Alice Cooper band jamming in a cell with early Black Sabbath and the Stooges, whilst sitting on murder charges and you may get a glimpse into their fuzzed up world of exploding tube amps and cymbal smashing mayhem. However, this enticing act of musical manipulation is merely the icing upon a very sick cake. Mind Control is a concept album with a theme that makes the acts and intentions of the likes of Charles Manson and Jim Jones seem like petty crimes. What makes Mind Control scarier than most albums is that it doesnt seem as sinister on the surface as it really is deep down within the core of its black acid-drenched world of pain and torture.
The infectious energy surges and pulverizing grooves of Mind Crawler, tell the tale of a man on a mission who has fled from Mount Abraxas after mercilessly murdering all the members of his cult. He rides his motorcycle through the gates of hell and hijacks the weak minds of yet more foolish disciples to join him in his desert hideaway. This is when the real fun and terror truly commences...
There was no escaping the chained-to-the brain hooks and melodies of first single from the album, Poison Apple, but this was merely a trailer for the real hellish delights now to be bestowed upon the earth. Recorded at the legendary Chapel Studios over an autumnal full moon using the finest western electrical technology, engineer Jim Spencer (Bert Jansch, Robert Wyatt) has perfectly captured the bands live sound of saturated fuzz, mind-bending riffs and 60's vocal harmonies. A wider range of influences can be heard from both music and cinema, but their founding principle of presenting light and darkness still remains. Simple and ragged in all its low life glory, Mind Control is the ultimate expose of killer cult madness and mind manipulation.1. Mt. Abraxas
2. Mind Crawler
3. Poison Apple
4. Desert Ceremony
5. Evil Love
6. Death Valley Blues
7. Follow the Leader
8. Valley of the Dolls
9. Devils Work$42.99Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
Holidays Rule Vol. 2Holidays Rule Volume 2, a joyful and diverse collection of seasonal music featuring an array of convivial contributions from across the musical spectrum, is set for release via Capitol Records.
The set is a sequel to the popular 2012 collection, and features 16 new recordings by beloved artists including Norah Jones, Grace Potter, Rosanne Cash, The Decemberists, and Lake Street Dive, alongside up and coming artists such as Barns Courtney, Albin Lee Meldau, Calum Scott, Kandace Springs, and Vera Blue. The album delves into an unusually rich assemblage of Pop, R&B, Rock, Americana, Jazz, Mariachi, and more.
Holidays Rule Volume 2 lets today's artists put their own mark on tradition by offering wonderfully fresh takes on holiday chestnuts old and new (Barns Courtney and Lennon Stella remake 'Baby, It's Cold Outside'; Judah & The Lion reinvents 'The Christmas Song'; Albin Lee Meldau delivers a soulful version of Mariah Carey's 'All I Want For Christmas Is You'), reframing songs for the holiday season (The Decemberists cover Big Star's 'Jesus Christ'; Norah Jones covers Horace Silver's 'Peace'; MUNA covers McCartney's 'Pipes of Peace'), unearthing rarities (Kandace Springs delivers a glistening new version of '(Everybody's Waitin' For) The Man With The Bag'; Rosanne Cash dusts off Louis Jordan's 'May Ev'ry Day Be Christmas'; Lake Street Dive offers up the cheeky novelty song 'I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas'), and contributing new songs to the seasonal repertoire (Grace Potter's original song 'Christmas Moon').1. Paul McCartney, Jimmy Fallon and The Roots - Wonderful Christmastime
2. Barns Courtney Feat. Lennon Stella - Baby, It's Cold Outside
3. Albin Lee Meldau - All I Want For Christmas Is You
4. Calum Scott - It's Beginning To Look Like Christmas
5. Kandace Springs - (Everybody's Waitin For) The Man With The Bag
6. Norah Jones - Peace (Live at the Sheen Center)
7. Grace Potter - Christmas Moon
8. Rosanne Cash - May Ev'ry Day Be Christmas
9. Judah & The Lion - The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire)
10. The Decemberists - Jesus Christ
11. Lake Street Dive - I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas
12. Flor De Toloache - That's What I Want For Christmas
13. Vera Blue - A Winter Romance
14. MUNA - Pipes of Peace
15. US Girls - Blue Christmas
16. Andrew McMahon - What Are You Doing New Year's Eve$19.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Monolith Of PhobosTwo worlds have collided, and what glorious and odd worlds they are. After Primus and The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger completed a successful summer tour, Les Claypool and Sean Lennon decided to combine their abstract talents into a project called The Claypool Lennon Delirium. Their efforts thus far have spawned the full-length release Monolith of Phobos.
Released via ATO records, the album takes listeners on a stimulating psychedelic journey through the cosmos.
"Sean is a musical mutant after my own heart," said Claypool. "He definitely reflects his genetics-not just the sensibilities of his dad but also the abstract perspective and unique approach of his mother. It makes for a glorious freak stew."
Over the course of six weeks or so, the two wrote and recorded a total of ten songs with both of them sharing various vocal and instrumental responsibilities, going beyond their core instruments of bass and guitar.
Claypool explained, "Usually I play the drums and percussion on my records but Sean has such a different feel than I do, it just made more sense for him to man the kit on most of the tunes on this project. I took the helm at my old vintage API console and let him bang away. His drumming is like a cross between Ringo and Nick Mason. But I think folks will be most surprised by what a monster guitar player he is, especially when you prod him a bit."
In astronomical terms, the Monolith of Phobos is a large rock on Mars's Phobos moon. As the phrase implies, this album is an old-school approach to a psychedelic space rock record.1. The Monolith Of Phobos
2. Cricket and the Genie - Movement I, The Delirium
3. Cricket and the Genie - Movement II, Oratorio Di Cricket
4. Mr. Wright
5. Boomerang Baby
6. Breath of a Salesman
7. Captain Lariat
9. Oxycontin Girl
10. Bubbles Burst
11. There's No Underwear In Space$21.99Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
The Space Age Is Here to Stay
Over 75 Minutes Of Vocal Performances - Audible Perfection!
Featuring Album Art Interpreted From The Work Of The Father Of Modern Space Art, Chesley Bonestell
Extensive Liner Notes
Across the history of jazz, there is no wilder, more future-forward composer and performer than Herman Poole Blount, aka Sun Ra. Known as much for his wild on-stage persona as his innovative compositions, Sun Ra was the avant-garde bleeding edge of the jazz genre, introducing modal composition and electronic instrumentation before almost anyone else -- not to mention bringing the space age to life with his obsession with all things extraterrestrial. Across more than 100 LPs released in his lifetime, Sun Ra charted a course to space and far, far beyond.
Known primarily for his keyboard improv and freeform band arrangements, Sun Ra could also write great vocal songs when he set his mind to it. Such songs as Space Is The Place and Interplanetary Music No.1 show Ra's unique approach to songwriting, using eerie chanting and repetition to create hypnotic moods. And Ra could get swingy when he wanted to as well -- Enlightenment and Sometimes I'm Happy are gorgeous ballads, as pretty as any Tin Pan Alley tune. Of course, it wouldn't be Sun Ra without his space age lyrics -- Take your first step out to outer space/You're like a little baby who never walked before shows up in the future-predicting Walking On The Moon.
At long last, Modern Harmonic has put together The Space Age Is Here To Stay, the very first collection of Sun Ra's vocal tracks - two albums' worth of mind-blowing tunes from the mind of the Man from Saturn himself. 2LPs wrapped in a gorgeous package featuring artwork by the king of space-age art himself, Chesley Bonestell. Includes extensive liner notes from Charles Blass of Sun Radio. Cue this one up and get ready to visit other worlds in Sun Ra's jazz rocket ship!LP 1
1. Along Came Ra / The Living Myth
2. Interplanetary Music No. 1
3. Back In Your Own Back Yard
5. 'Round Midnight
6. Sometimes I'm Happy
7. The Antique Blacks
8. Moorish Nights
9. Walking On The Moon
10. This Song Is Dedicated To Nature's God
2. Space Is The Place
3. The Forest Of No Return
4. The Truth About Planet Earth
5. Nuclear War (live)
6. Space Chant (Third Heaven)$34.99Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
I'm Glad I'm Not MeCritically acclaimed indie rockers Born Cages will release their debut studio album, I'm Glad I'm Not Me, via Washington Square/Razor & Tie.
I'm Glad I'm Not Me was recorded at Mission Sound (Metric, Arctic Monkeys, Matt & Kim) in Brooklyn, NY and was produced by Jon Kaplan (Cage The Elephant, Walk The Moon) and co-produced by Born Cages' lead singer Vlad Holiday. On the album, Holiday, bassist/keyboardist Matt Maroulakos and drummer Dave Tantao conjure festival-ready, truly modernist modern rock that is every bit as grand as its song titles would predict: "Bigger Than Me." "I Just Want The Truth, Baby." "Don't Look Back." "Finding Beauty in a Broken World."
I'm Glad I'm Not Me touches on rock, electronic, dance, alternative and everything in between, reaching listeners thought to be quarantined from each other. It's a record celebrating togetherness in fractious times, music that finds commonalities rather than chasms. Throughout, Born Cages play with an urgency that posits their music as something essential. I'm Glad I'm Not Me embraces its punchy hooks, economic arranging and distinct kind of New York City disillusionment; it's the despondency of being told your mere existence in the city is a sign of having "made it" and still feeling alone amongst the millions.
The album is the follow up to their critically acclaimed 2013 EP release, The Sidelines EP. Vice Noisey describes the band's music as a "blend of 80s-influenced synth/guitar work and modern pop-rock sounds," and Blackbook raved, "More than a decade after the riff-heavy heyday of The Strokes, The Vines, The White Stripes, The Hives, and many other bands that put the word "the" before a plural noun, we may be ready for another bout of ripping revivalism Born Cages, certainly makes that argument." The Born Cages Daytrotter Session made the Top 50 of 2014 list.
Lead singer and guitarist Vlad Holiday formed Born Cages in 2011 and the group dove head-first into New York City's eclectic indie rock movement. He is joined by Matt Maroulakos on bass/keyboards and Dave Tantao on drums. The band has shared bills with a bevy of acts such as Hockey, Magic Man, X Ambassadors, Gold Fields, Royal Teeth, Said The Whale, Donald Cumming (of The Virgins), Public Access TV, JD Samson (of Le Tigre) and Har Mar Superstar. They were even handpicked by Guns N' Roses to be the sole support band on two sold out GN'R club shows.1. Rolling Down The Hill
2. Bigger Than Me
3. Don't Look Back
4. Moving On
5. I Just Want The Truth, Baby
6. Give Me A Smile
9. Dirty Money
12. Finding Beauty In A Broken World$22.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Elvis Presley (Colored Vinyl)The King Of Rock & Roll's Debut 1956 Album
First Time 180 Gram Audiophile Beautiful Translucent Blue Vinyl & First Time Gatefold Cover Presentation
Impeccably Mastered By Joe Reagoso & Pressed At R.T.I.
Elvis Aaron Presley was born during the Great Depression into a poor family in Mississippi. They moved to Memphis during the early fifties, and as a struggling young truck driver, Elvis cut some demos as a gift for his beloved mother Gladys. These initial songs, of which he had only paid a few dollars to record, would become the catalyst that would kick-start the beginnings of a soon to be worldwide superstar unlike the world has ever known.
The folks at RCA Victor knew that this young fellow named Elvis was destined for super stardom. They quickly signed the legend to a long-term deal in 1956, and his first RCA Lp simply titled Elvis Presley forever etched The King Of Rock And Roll trademark to his name. He would eventually become the most successful solo artist of all time!
Easily the first top selling rock and pop albums of the fifties, Elvis Presley was a treasure trove of his first RCA sessions and Sun session and included such great tracks as his signature Blue Suede Shoes, the rock-a-billy smash Just Because & the stellar balladry of Blue Moon.
More great Elvis tunes abound as he pays tribute to The Drifters with a rockin' version of Money Honey and the Ray Charles' classic I Got A Woman.
Featuring 12 of his most familiar tunes the debut Elvis Presley album went on to become one of his most memorable titles in his huge arsenal of masterful rock and roll albums, as well as one of the most copied album covers of all time.
Thanks to his finest rock smashes like Tryin' To Get To You and the piano rocker One Sided Love Affair, this debut masterpiece was just what the fans were screaming for, as the entire album was built around the framework of his new and exciting rock trademark sound.
In honor of the Man, the Music, the Legend, the King Of Rock And Roll, Friday Music is very proud and honored to announce the first time limited Anniversary Edition 180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl release of the RCA Victor classic Elvis Presley.
As another installment in our exciting Elvis Presley 180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl Series, we are pleased to present this masterwork in all its high fidelity glory. Mastered impeccably from by Joe Reagoso at Friday Music Studios and manufactured at R.T.I.for a limited time on beautiful 180 Gram Translucent BLUE Vinyl, this debut revisit will be a much anticipated first time audiophile dream release for Elvis fans everywhere!
To further enhance your listening enjoyment, we are also including a rare first time gatefold artwork presentation including the original Lp cover elements and super rare picture sleeve art in the inside gatefold .
As usual, we are also enclosing a poly bag to protect your album cover and poly lined sleeve to help keep your Elvis vinyl in mint shape. Elvis Presley's debut smash Lp Elvis Presley. A history making rock album from an historic legend, an original monophonic first time audiophile dream release first time gatefold cover is now an audiophile vinyl dream come true From your friends at Friday Music Stay tuned for more Elvis Presley original RCA Record audiophile recordings from Friday Music.1. Blue Suede Shoes
2. I'm Counting On You
3. I Got A Woman
4. One-Sided Love Affair
5. I Love You Because
6. Just Because
7. Tutti Frutti
8. Tryin' To Get To You
9. I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Cry (Over You)
10. I'll Never Let You Go
11. Blue Moon
12. Money Honey$32.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP Buy Now
Wild Moon (Out Of Stock)Plowboy Records' latest signing, J.D. Wilkes and The Dirt Daubers, release 'Wild Moon', their third album. Produced by Cheetah Chrome, 'Wild Moon' finds The Dirt Daubers - previously an old-timey, acoustic group - plugged in and wailing away on raw, blissfully distorted rock-n-roll and blues. The
Dirt Daubers were formed by Legendary Shack Shakers front man, artist, director and country punk pioneer J.D. Wilkes in 2009 with his wife Jessica. Wilkes' "gothic preacher" persona and frantic blues harmonica whips 'Wild Moon' into a frenzy, trading lead vocal duties with his feminine foil.
J.D. and Jessica are joined by electric guitarist Rod Hamdallah and drummer Preston Corn. Smoky baritone sax grooves are provided by Tom Waits' sideman Ralph Carney, with piano played by Wilkes himself - delving deeper into the bluesy
recesses of American music. Jessica emotes pained lyrics about life, love and loss on tunes like "No More My Love" and "Apples and Oranges," while J.D. continues his southern storytelling style on "Angel Crown" and the title track.
Wilkes is also an accomplished harmonica player, having recorded for such artists as Merle Haggard, John Carter Cash, Mike Patton, and Hank Williams III. He can also be spotted playing harmonica for Hank Williams III in the 2004 American Masters film Hank Williams: Honky Tonk Blues. His song `Swampblood` can be heard on the Grammy-nominated
soundtrack for HBO's True Blood series. Shore Fire Media on board to spearhead publicity and marketing efforts.
"Wilkes writes mind-blowing lyrics rife with Biblical references and ruminations of life, death, sin and redemption " -BILLBOARD1. French Harp Hustle
2. Apples and Oranges
3. Wild Moon
5. No Rest For the Wicked
6. No More My Love
7. Angel Crown
8. Let It Fly
9. You Know I Love You
10. Hidey Hole
11. Don't Thrill Me No More
12. River Song
13. God Fearing People$19.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Temporarily out of stock
Automatic For The People (25th Anniversary Edition) (Out Of Stock)25th Anniversary Edition
Pressed On 180-Gram Vinyl
Remastered From The Original Analog Tapes
Widely considered to be one of the best albums of the '90s, 1992's Automatic for the People followed R.E.M.'s
breakthrough album, Out of Time, and did not disappoint. Beloved by critics, the band's eighth studio album topped
charts worldwide, and was certified 4x platinum in the US. Features iconic hit singles "Nightswimming," "Man on the
Moon" and '90s anthem "Everybody Hurts."
Commemorating the album's 25th Anniversary, this 180-gram vinyl edition features the full original album, remastered from the original analog tapes.1. Drive
2. Try Not To Breathe
3. The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonite
4. Everybody Hurts
5. New Orleans Instrumental No. 1
6. Sweetness Follows
7. Monty Got A Raw Deal
9. Star Me Kitten
10. Man On The Moon
12. Find The River$24.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Temporarily out of stock
$179.99 $161.99 Save $18.00 (10%)
Fanfare: The Emerson, Lake & Palmer Box (Out Of Stock) (On Sale)Legendary progressive rock giants Emerson, Lake & Palmer were
formed in 1970 by the brilliant keyboard virtuoso Keith Emerson, gifted
singer / composer / guitarist Greg Lake and dynamic drummer
/ percussionist Carl Palmer. Torchbearers of the progressive rock
sound, ELP jointly created the super-group concept and are among
the most important bands in the history of rock music. They blended
musical dedication and showmanship with tremendous energy,
and helped to broaden the audience for the genre from hundreds
of thousands into tens of millions. ELP were one the most commercially
successful rock bands of the 1970s, their first 7 album releases
making the U.K. Top 10 and U.S. Top 20 album charts. Despite the
tragic deaths of Keith Emerson and Greg Lake in 2016, the amazing
and inspirational music of ELP very much lives on.
Lavishly packaged, limited edition, numbered box set. Rigid
matt-black outer box with foil-blocked cover text.
Showcasing the immense musical talents of Keith Emerson, Greg
Lake & Carl Palmer, containing a wealth of ELP treasure, from 1970
The remastered 11 classic original ELP albums (1970-94), on CD, with original sleeve artwork reproduced:
- EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER (1970)
- PICTURES AT AN EXHIBITION (1971)
- TARKUS (1971)
- TRILOGY (1972)
- BRAIN SALAD SURGERY (1973)
- WELCOME BACK, MY FRIENDS,TO THE SHOW THAT NEVER ENDS (1974) (2-CD)
- WORKS VOLUME 1 (1977) (2-CD)
- WORKS VOLUME 2 (1977)
- LOVE BEACH (1978)
- BLACK MOON (1992)
- IN THE HOT SEAT (1994)
Previously unreleased, gatefold, triple vinyl LP album:
- LIVE IN ROME & MILAN, ITALY 1973
Previously unreleased CD albums, mastered by the internationally celebrated studio engineering team of Andy Pearce and Matt Wortham:
- LIVE AT POCONO INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY, LONG POND, PA, U.S.A., 9TH JULY 1972
- LIVE AT WATERLOO CONCERT FIELD, STANHOPE NEW JERSEY, U.S.A., 13TH AUGUST 1992
- LIVE AT BIRMINGHAM SYMPHONIC HALL, U.K., 27TH NOVEMBER 1992
- ON THE BBC: THE OLD GREY WHISTLE TEST 1979, POP GOES SUMMER 1993
- LIVE AT ÉLYSÉE MONTMARTRE, PARIS, FRANCE, 2ND JULY 1997
Audio Blu-Ray, containing the stereo 5:1 and surround sound mixes of the albums:
- EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER (STEVEN WILSON, 2012)
- TARKUS (STEVEN WILSON, 2012)
- TRILOGY (JAKKO M JAKSZYK, 2015)
- BRAIN SALAD SURGERY (JAKKO M JAKSZYK, 2014)
Remastered 7 singles with reproduced original sleeve artwork:
- LUCKY MAN / KNIFE-EDGE (1970)
- FANFARE FOR THE COMMON MAN /BRAIN SALAD SURGERY (1977)
Deluxe, hardback 12 book with foil-blocked cover text, containing band photos and extensive notes from acclaimed journalist Chris Welch, featuring quotes from Keith Emerson, Greg Lake & Carl Palmer
Reprinted original 1970 promo poster, 1972 promo brochure, 1974 and 1992 tour programmes
Metal & enamel ELP logo pin badge
This title is not eligible for further discount.CD1 - Emerson, Lake & Palmer
1. The Barbarian (2012 Remastered Version)
2. Take a Pebble (2012 Remastered Version)
3. Knife-Edge (2012 Remastered Version)
4. The Three Fates (i) Clotho ii) Lachesis iii) Atropos) [2012 Remastered Version]
5. Tank (2012 Remastered Version)
6. Lucky Man (2012 Remastered Version)
CD2 - Tarkus
1. Tarkus (i. Eruption, ii. Stones of Years, iii. Iconoclast, iv. Mass, v. Manticore, vi. Battlefield, vii. Aquatarkus) [2012 Remastered Version]
2. Jeremy Bender (2012 Remastered Version)
3. Bitches Crystal (2012 Remastered Version)
4. The Only Way (Hymn) [2012 Remastered Version]
5. Infinite Space (Conclusion) [2012 Remastered Version]
6. A Time and a Place (2012 Remastered Version)
7. Are You Ready Eddy? (2012 Remastered Version)
CD3 - Pictures at an Exhibition
1. Promenade (Pt. 1;Live At Newcastle City Hall, 26.3.71; 2016 - Remaster)
2. The Gnome (Live At Newcastle City Hall, 26.3.71; 2016 - Remaster)
3. Promenade (Pt. 2;Live At Newcastle City Hall, 26.3.71; 2016 - Remaster)
4. The Sage (Pt. 3;Live At Newcastle City Hall, 26.3.71; 2016 - Remaster)
5. The Old Castle (Live At Newcastle City Hall, 26.3.71; 2016 - Remaster)
6. Blues Variation (Live At Newcastle City Hall, 26.3.71; 2016 - Remaster)
7. Promenade (Pt. 3;Live At Newcastle City Hall, 26.3.71; 2016 - Remaster)
8. The Hut of Baba Yaga (Pt. 1;Live At Newcastle City Hall, 26.3.71; 2016 - Remaster)
9. The Curse of Baba Yaga (Live At Newcastle City Hall, 26.3.71; 2016 - Remaster)
10. The Hut of Baba Yaga (Pt. 2;Live At Newcastle City Hall, 26.3.71; 2016 - Remaster)
11. The Great Gates of Kiev (Live At Newcastle City Hall, 26.3.71; 2016 - Remaster)
12. Nutrocker (Live At Newcastle City Hall, 26.3.71; 2016 - Remaster)
CD4 - Trilogy
1. The Endless Enigma, Pt. 1 (2015 - Remaster)
2. Fugue (Remastered)
3. The Endless Enigma, Pt. Two (Remastered)
4. From the Beginning (2015 - Remaster)
5. The Sheriff (2015 - Remaster)
6. Hoedown (2015 - Remaster)
7. Trilogy (Remastered)
8. Living Sin (Remastered)
9. Abaddon's Bolero (2015 - Remaster)
CD5 - Brain Salad Surgery
1. Jerusalem (2014 Remastered Version)
2. Toccata (2014 Remastered Version)
3. Still You Turn Me On (2014 Remastered Version)
4. Benny the Bouncer (2014 Remastered Version)
5. Karn Evil 9 1st Impression, Pt. 1 (2014 Remastered Version)
6. Karn Evil 9 1st Impression, Pt. 2 (2014 Remastered Version)
7. Karn Evil 9 2nd Impression (2014 Remastered Version)
8. Karn Evil 9 3rd Impression (2014 Remastered Version)
CD6 - Welcome Back, My Friends, to the Show That Never Ends ~ Ladies and Gentlemen (CD1)
1. Hoedown (Taken from Rodeo; Live 1974; 2016 - Remaster)
2. Jerusalem (Live 1974; 2016 - Remaster)
3. Toccata (An Adaption of Ginastera's '1st Piano Concerto, 4th Movement; Live 1974; 2016 - Remaster)
4. Tarkus (i. Eruption, ii. Stones of Years' iii. Iconoclast, iv. Mass, v. Manticore, vi. Battlefield (including Epitaph), vii. Aquatarkus; Live 1974; 2016 - Remaster)
5. Take a Pebble (Including Still You Turn Me On and Lucky Man; Live 1974; 2016 - Remaster)
CD7 - Welcome Back, My Friends, to the Show That Never Ends ~ Ladies and Gentlemen (CD2)
1. Piano Improvisations (Including Friedrich Gulda's Fugue and Joe Sullivan's Little Rock Getaway; Live 1974; 2016 - Remaster)
2. Take a Pebble (Conclusion) [Live 1974; 2016 - Remaster]
3. Jeremy Bender / The Sheriff (Live 1974; 2016 - Remaster)
4. Karn Evil 9 (i. 1st Impression, ii. 2nd Impression, iii. 3rd Impression; Live 1974; 2016 - Remaster)
CD8 - Works Volume 1 (CD1)
1. Piano Concerto No. 1 (i. 1st Movement: Allegro Giojoso; ii. 2nd Movement: Andante Molto Cantabile; iii. 3rd Movement: Toccata Con Fuoco; 2017 Remastered Version)
2. Lend Your Love to Me Tonight (2017 Remastered Version)
3. C'est La Vie (2017 Remastered Version)
4. Hallowed Be Thy Name (2017 Remastered Version)
5. Nobody Loves You Like I Do (2017 Remastered Version)
6. Closer to Believing (2017 Remastered Version)
CD9 - Works Volume 1 (CD2)
1. The Enemy God Dances With the Black Spirits (2017 Remastered Version)
2. L.A. Nights (2017 Remastered Version)
3. New Orleans (2017 Remastered Version)
4. Two Part Invention in D Minor (2017 Remastered Version)
5. Food for Your Soul (2017 Remastered Version)
6. Tank (2017 Remastered Version)
7. Fanfare for the Common Man (2017 Remastered Version)
8. Pirates (2017 Remastered Version)
CD10 - Works Volume 2
1. Tiger in a Spotlight (2017 Remastered Version)
2. When the Apple Blossoms Bloom in the Windmills of Your Mind I'll Be Your Valentine (2017 Remastered Version)
3. Bullfrog (2017 Remastered Version)
4. Brain Salad Surgery (2017 Remastered Version)
5. Barrelhouse Shake-Down (2017 Remastered Version)
6. Watching Over You (2017 Remastered Version)
7. So Far to Fall (2017 Remastered Version)
8. Maple Leaf Rag (2017 Remastered Version)
9. I Believe in Father Christmas (2017 Remastered Version)
10. Close but Not Touching (2017 Remastered Version)
11. Honky Tonk Train Blues (2017 Remastered Version)
12. Show Me the Way to Go Home (2017 Remastered Version)
CD11 - Love Beach
1. All I Want Is You (2017 Remastered Version)
2. Love Beach (2017 Remastered Version)
3. Taste of My Love (2017 Remastered Version)
4. The Gambler (2017 Remastered Version)
5. For You (2017 Remastered Version)
6. Canario (2017 Remastered Version)
7. Memoirs of an Officer and a Gentleman: i. Prologue / The Education of a Gentleman, ii. Love At First Sight, iii. Letters from the Front, iv. Honourable Company (A March) [2017 Remastered Version]
CD12 - Black Moon
1. Black Moon (2017 - Remaster)
2. Paper Blood (2017 - Remaster)
3. Affairs of the Heart (2017 - Remaster)
4. Romeo and Juliet (2017 - Remaster)
5. Farewell to Arms (2017 - Remaster)
6. Changing States (2017 - Remaster)
7. Burning Bridges (2017 - Remaster)
8. Close to Home (2017 - Remaster)
9. Better Days (2017 - Remaster)
10. Footprints in the Snow (2017 - Remaster)
CD13 - In The Hot Seat
1. Hand of Truth (2017 - Remaster)
2. Daddy (2017 - Remaster)
3. One by One (2017 - Remaster)
4. Heart On Ice (2017 - Remaster)
5. Thin Line (2017 - Remaster)
6. Man in the Long Black Coat (2017 - Remaster)
7. Change (2017 - Remaster)
8. Give Me a Reason to Stay (2017 - Remaster)
9. Gone Too Soon (2017 - Remaster)
10. Street War (2017 - Remaster)
CD14 - Live at Pocono International Raceway, USA 8th July 1972
1. Hoedown (Live at Pocono International Raceway, Long Pond, PA, U.S.A., 9th July 1972)
2. Tarkus (Live at Pocono International Raceway, Long Pond, PA, U.S.A., 9th July 1972)
3. Take a Pebble (Live at Pocono International Raceway, Long Pond, PA, U.S.A., 9th July 1972)
4. Lucky Man (Live at Pocono International Raceway, Long Pond, PA, U.S.A., 9th July 1972)
5. Piano Improvisations (Live at Pocono International Raceway, Long Pond, PA, U.S.A., 9th July 1972)
6. Take a Pebble (Reprise; Live at Pocono International Raceway, Long Pond, PA, U.S.A., 9th July 1972)
7. Pictures At an Exhibition (Live at Pocono International Raceway, Long Pond, PA, U.S.A., 9th July 1972)
8. Blue Rondo a la Turk (Live at Pocono International Raceway, Long Pond, PA, U S A , 9th July 1972)
CD15 - On The BBC (Whistle Test '79 / Pop Goes Summer '93)
1. The Old Grey Whistle Test (First Broadcast On 23rd January 1979; Presented by Bob Harris;)
2. Pop Goes Summer, 1993 (First Broadcast On 16th September 1993; Band Interviews and Excerpts from the 'Black Moon Tour', Live At Arena di Verona, Italy, 26th September 1992;)
CD16 - Live at Waterloo Concert Field Stanhope NJ USA, 31st July 1992
1. Karn Evil 9 1st Impression Part 2
3. Black Moon
4. From The Beginning
5. Affairs Of The Heart
6. Lucky Man
7. Fanfare For The Common Man / America / Blue Rondo a la Turk
CD17 - Live at Birmingham Symphony Hall, 27th November 1992
1. Knife-Edge (Live At Birmingham Symphonic Hall, U.K., 27th November 1992)
2. Paper Blood (Live At Birmingham Symphonic Hall, U.K., 27th November 1992)
3. Close to Home (Live At Birmingham Symphonic Hall, U.K., 27th November 1992)
4. Creole Dance (Live At Birmingham Symphonic Hall, U.K., 27th November 1992)
5. From the Beginning (Live At Birmingham Symphonic Hall, U.K., 27th November 1992)
6. Pictures At an Exhibition (Live At Birmingham Symphonic Hall, U.K., 27th November 1992)
7. Fanfare for the Common Man (Live At Birmingham Symphonic Hall, U.K., 27th November 1992)
CD18 - Live at ÉlysÉe Montmartre, Paris, 2nd July 1997
1. Karn Evil 9 1st impression part 2
2.Tiger in a Spotlight
4. Touch and Go
5. From The Beginning
7. Bitches Crystal
8. Creole Dance
9. Honky Tonk Train Blues
10. Take A Pebble
11. Lucky Man
13. Pictures at an Exhibition (Medley)
14. 21st Century Schizoid Man / America
Emerson, Lake & Palmer (Steven Wilson 2012 mix in 24/48 Stereo and 5.1 surround)
1. The Barbarian (2012 5.1 Mix)
2. Take a Pebble (2012 5.1 Mix)
3. Knife-Edge (2012 5.1 Mix)
4. The Three Fates: Atropos (Piano Trio) [2012 5.1 Mix]
5. Rave Up (2012 5.1 Mix)
6. Lucky Man (2012 5.1 Mix)
7. Promenade (High Res 2012 Stereo Mix)
8. Drum Solo (High Res 2012 Stereo Mix)
9. Take a Pebble (High Res 2012 Stereo Mix - Alternate Version)
10. Knife-Edge (High Res 2012 Stereo Mix - Alternate Version)
11. Lucky Man (High Res 2012 Stereo Mix - First Greg Lake Solo Version)
12. Lucky Man (High Res 2012 Stereo Mix - Alternate Version)
Tarkus (Steven Wilson 2012 mix in 24/48 Stereo and 5.1 surround)
13. Tarkus (i. Eruption, ii. Stones of Years, iii. Iconoclast, iv. Mass, v. Manticore, vi. Battlefield, vii. Aquatarkus; 2012 5.1 Mix)
14. Jeremy Bender (2012 5.1 Mix)
15. Bitches Crystal (2012 5.1 Mix)
16. The Only Way (Hymn) [2012 5.1 Mix]
17. Infinite Space (Conclusion) [2012 5.1 Mix]
18. A Time and a Place (2012 5.1 Mix)
19. Are You Ready Eddy? (2012 5.1 Mix)
20. Oh, My Father (2012 5.1 Mix)
21. Unknown Ballad (2012 Stereo Mix)
22. Mass (Alternate Take; 2012 Stereo Mix)
Trilogy (Jakko M Jakszyk 2015 mix in 24/96 Stereo and 5.1 surround)
23. The Endless Enigma, Pt. One (Mix)
24. Fugue (Mix)
25. The Endless Enigma, Pt. Two (Mix)
26. From the Beginning (Mix)
27. The Sheriff (Mix)
28. Hoedown (Mix)
29. Trilogy (Mix)
30. Living Sin (Mix)
31. Abaddon's Bolero (Mix)
32. From the Beginning (Alt Version)
Brain Salad Surgery (Jakko M Jakszyk 2014 mix in 24/96 Stereo and 5.1 surround)
35. Still You Turn Me On
36. Benny The Bouncer
37. Karn Evil 9 1st Impression, Pt. I
38. Karn Evil 9 1st Impression, Pt. 2
39. Karn Evil 9 2nd Impression
40. Karn Evil 9 3rd Impression
Vinyl: 3LP Vinyl - ELP Live In Italy: Rome & Milan 1973
1. Pictures At an Exhibition (Live in Italy, Rome & Milan, May 1973)
2. Blue Rondo a la Turk (Live in Italy, Rome & Milan, 1973)
1. Still You Turn Me On (Live in Italy, Rome & Milan, May 1973)
2. Lucky Man (Live in Italy, Rome & Milan, May 1973)
3. Jazzy Jam (Live in Italy, Rome & Milan, May 1973)
4. Take a Pebble (Live in Italy, Rome & Milan, May 1973)
5. Hoedown (Live in Italy, Rome & Milan, May 1973)
1. Tarkus (Live in Italy, Rome & Milan, May 1973)
2. Karn Evil 9 1st Impression, Pt. 1 / Karn Evil 9 1st Impression Pt. 2 (Live in Italy, Rome & Milan, May 1973)
1. Lucky Man (2017 Remastered Version)
2. Knife-Edge (2017 Remastered Version)
1. Fanfare for the Common Man (2017 Remastered Version)
2. Brain Salad Surgery (2017 Remastered Version)$179.99 $161.99 Save $18.00 (10%)Vinyl LP Box Set + 2 7 Singles + 18 CDs + Blu-Ray - 3 LPs Sealed Temporarily out of stock
- EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER (1970)
After School Sessions-The Deluxe Edition (Out Of Stock)
Chuck Berry's Landmark First Album - Includes 3 Bonus Tracks
First Time Exclusive Audiophile Vinyl And Stunning First Time Gatefold Cover
Mastered From The Authorized Chess Records' Mono Tapes By Joe Reagoso
Chuck Berry is an American original. There will never be another Chuck Berry, nor anyone in the music industry who could influence
generations upon generations of aspiring rock 'n rollers like Chuck has.
Celebrating six decades in the music business, this East St. Louis native initially captivated millions of kids in the fifties with his first
recordings like Maybellene and Roll Over Beethoven. He drove the rockers mad with his famous guitar licks, poetic lyrics and dynamic
presence on the stage.
Introduced to Chess Records by fellow blues rocker Muddy Waters, Chuck Berry hit a goldmine immediately with his arsenal of tunes
that he presented to Phil and Leonard Chess. These great songs culminated into a handful of top charting singles which led to his first
legendary album After School Session.
Kicking things off with one of the monumental rock and roll records of all time School Day (Ring Ring Goes The Bell), Chuck Berry
roars through a bevy of 11 more home runs which made this one of the most important and emulated albums of all time. The album features
classic gems like Brown Eyed Handsome Man, Too Much Monkey Business, Havana Moon and No Money Down. Noted for his stellar guitar
work, pretty much introducing the turnaround riff to a whole new generation of guitar players, After School Session was truly a primer for a
ton of rock and blues artists for years like Elvis Presley, The Rolling Stones, The Beach Boys, The Beatles, Johnny Winter, The Animals and
Chuck Berry was more than a rock 'n roll genius. He was a natural poet. He could rhyme. He could compose lyrically two and three
minute musical stories about the everyday man and woman, about the struggles of being a teenager, about romance, about cars, about
faraway places, about dancing, and most notably about rock 'n rollin.'
His unconventional approach to music was unlike that of anyone before him. He opened the doors for millions of music fans around
the world to enjoy rock and blues, making him one of the first pioneers of the popular recording business that we all enjoy to this day.
Friday Music is no stranger to the music of the legendary Chuck Berry and the Chess Records' arsenal of fine recordings. That is why
we are so very proud to announce The Chuck Berry/Friday Music 180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl Series with his monumental first album After
School Session - The Deluxe Anniversary Edition.
Mastered by Joe Reagoso (Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, Johnny Winter) for the first time on audiophile vinyl from the Chess
monophonic tapes, Chuck Berry's After School Session now features 3 sensational bonus tracks including his first Chess singles Maybellene,
You Can't Catch Me and Thirty Days (To Come Back Home).
To celebrate Chuck Berry's six decades in the music business, we further enhance this limited anniversary edition with a stunning
gatefold cover featuring the original artwork elements as well as a classic inside gatefold photo of Chuck wailing on his Gibson guitar.
Chuck Berry After School Session - The Deluxe Anniversary Edition 3 Bonus Tracks Impeccable mono Happy Holidays! Ring
Ring Goes The Bell!!!1. School Day (Ring Ring Goes The Bell)
2. Deep Feeling
3. Too Much Monkey Business
4. Wee Wee Hours
5. Roly Poly
6. No Money Down
7. You Can't Catch Me
8. Brown Eyed Handsome Man
9. Berry Pickin'
10. Together (We'll Always Be)
11. Havana Moon
12. Down Bound Train
13. Driftin' Heart
14. Thirty Days (To Come Back Home)
15. Maybellene$29.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP Temporarily out of stock