Young Turks is excited to announce the release of the self-titled full-length debut by SBTRKT, a South London based producer. SBTRKT (pronounced subtract) has recently left his imprint on U.K. music by seamlessly fusing Detroit Techno, Berlin Electro and classic 2-Step into the thriving London Dubstep scene, although this masked man fits comfortably in any category he wishes to occupy.
While massively prolific, a minimalist ethos runs through the work and style of SBTRKT, not just in the name but in the precision of the sonics and arrangements. He has done remixes for M.I.A., Modeselektor & Basement Jaxx, and has previously released 2 EPs via Young Turks (Soundboy Shift and Step In Shadows).
While he has had multiple releases in single and EP forms, this is SBTRKTs first full-length, and about that he says This release is the culmination of a longer period of constant writing and collaboration, tracks on previous EPs were written as singular pieces. This record is much more of a whole project, more representative of my thoughts and ideas as an artist and each track was completed with the aim to be coherent together.
2. Hold On (Featuring Sampha)
3. Wildfire (Featuring Yukimi Nagano)
4. Sanctuary (Featuring Jessie Ware and Sampha)
5. Trials Of The Past (Featuring Sampha)
6. Right Thing To Do (Featuring Jessie Ware)
7. Something Goes Right (Featuring Sampha)
8. Pharoahs (Featuring Roses Gabor)
9. Ready Set Loop
10. Never Never (Featuring Sampha)
11. Go Band