Evgeny Kissin Releases Beethoven Album To Launch New Exclusive Collaboration With Deutsche Grammophon After 25 Years
Evgeny Kissin skyrocketed to international fame as a piano sensation in the 1980s.
He entranced international audiences with captivating interpretations of Romantic masterworks during his teens, and has since flourished as one of the world's most charismatic and visionary performers. Today he is a living legend, one of the most iconic names and magnetic personalities in all of music..
Kissin's discography so far contains landmark recordings for Deutsche Grammophon, critically acclaimed collaborations with the Berliner Philharmoniker, Herbert von Karajan and Claudio Abbado among them.
Selected by the artist himself, this luxurious Beethoven double album represents Kissin's personal journey with the composer's solo work over the last decade and includes some of Beethoven's greatest and best-loved solo piano works such as the Moonlight Sonata or the Appassionata - most of them never released before.
This album is a first in a series of releases renewing the relationship between Kissin and Deutsche Grammophon.
1. Piano Sonata No.3 In C, Op.2 No.3
2. Allegro Con Brio (Original Version)
3. Adagio (Original Version)
4. Scherzo Allegro (Original Version)
5. Allegro Assai (Original Version)
6. 32 Piano Variations In C Minor On An Original Theme, Woo 80 (Live At Le Corum, Montpellier / 2007)
1. Piano Sonata No.14 In C Sharp Minor, Op.27 No.2 -'Moonlight'
2. Adagio Sostenuto (Original Version)
3. Allegretto (Original Version)
4. Presto Agitato (Original Version)
5. 1. Allegro Assai (Original Version)
6. Andante Con Moto (Original Version)
7. Allegro Ma Non Troppo (Original Version)
1. 1. Das Lebewohl Adagio - Allegro (Original Version)
2. Abwesenheit Andante Espressivo (Original Version)
3. Das Wiedersehen Vivacissimamente (Original Version)
4. 1. Maestoso - Allegro Con Brio Ed Appassionato (Original Version)
5. Arietta Adagio Molto Semplice E Cantabile (Original Version)