- Lowest Price
- Highest Price
My Morning Jacket'
The WaterfallMy Morning Jacket has built a reputation as a group who consistently challenges the paradigms in which they are placed. From psychedelic to soul to classic rock and roll, My Morning Jacket's range remains steadfast throughout the band's sixteen years. The Louisville quintet released the first of 6 albums in 1999 with their last two, 2008's Evil Urges and 2011's Circuital each receiving Grammy nominations - the latter debuting at number 5 on the Billboard 200 chart. On May 5, 2015, My Morning Jacket will release their seventh full-length album, The Waterfall. Recorded in Northern California's Stinson Beach, they gladly took the inspiration that it offered and crafted a sparkling new album. The band features Jim James (singer/songwriter, guitar), Tom Blankenship( bass), Patrick Hallahan(drums), Carl Broemel (guitar, pedal steel, saxophone, vox) and Bo Koster (keyboards, vox). Known as one of the most engaging, eclectic & electric bands, in no small part due to Jim James' other-worldly vocals, they've become legendary for their live performances. The New York Times wrote this about the band, " the new kings of expand-your-mind, religious-experience rock "1. Believe (Nobody Knows)
2. Compound Fracture
3. Like A River
4. In Its Infancy (The Waterfall)
5. Get The Point
6. Spring (Among the Living)
7. Thin Line
8. Big Decisions
9. Tropics (Erase Traces)
10. Only Memories Remain$25.99Vinyl LP 45RPM - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
The Waterfall (Box Set)Box Set Containing 2 180 Gram LP's, A Bonus 7 Vinyl Single With 2 Additional Tracks, A 12x12 Puzzle & 5 Postcards
My Morning Jacket has built a reputation as a group who consistently challenges the paradigms in which they are placed. From psychedelic to soul to classic rock and roll, My Morning Jacket's range remains steadfast throughout the band's sixteen years. The Louisville quintet released the first of 6 albums in 1999 with their last two, 2008's Evil Urges and 2011's Circuital each receiving Grammy nominations - the latter debuting at number 5 on the Billboard 200 chart. On May 5, 2015, My Morning Jacket will release their seventh full-length album, The Waterfall. Recorded in Northern California's Stinson Beach, they gladly took the inspiration that it offered and crafted a sparkling new album. The band features Jim James (singer/songwriter, guitar), Tom Blankenship( bass), Patrick Hallahan(drums), Carl Broemel (guitar, pedal steel, saxophone, vox) and Bo Koster (keyboards, vox). Known as one of the most engaging, eclectic & electric bands, in no small part due to Jim James' other-worldly vocals, they've become legendary for their live performances. The New York Times wrote this about the band, " the new kings of expand-your-mind, religious-experience rock "1. Believe (Nobody Knows)
2. Compound Fracture
3. Like A River
4. In Its Infancy (The Waterfall)
5. Get The Point
6. Spring (Among The Living)
7. Thin Line
8. Big Decisions
9. Tropics (Erase Traces)
10. Only Memories Remain$99.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP + 7 Single - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
Dallas Buyers Club Soundtrack (Discontinued)Import
180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl
Gatefold Sleeve With Insert
Dallas Buyers Club follows the Oscar winning performance by Matthew McConaughey portraying the '80s real life character Ron Woodroof, who's suddenly being diagnosed as H.I.V.- positive and given 30 days to live. Yet he will not, and does not, accept a death sentence. A crash course of research reveals
a lack of approved treatments and medications in the U.S., so Ron crosses the border into Mexico. There, he learns about alternative treatments and begins smuggling them into the U.S.
An outsider to the gay community, Ron finds an unlikely ally
in fellow AIDS patient and transsexual Rayon (another Oscar Winning performance by Jared Leto). They establish a "buyers club," where H.I.V.-positive people pay monthly dues for access to the newly acquired supplies. With a growing community
of friends and clients, Ron fights for dignity, education, and acceptance. In the years following his diagnosis, the embattled Lone Star loner lives life to the fullest like never before.
The soundtrack to triple Academy Award winning feature
film Dallas Buyers Club contains songs by Shuggie Otis, My Morning Jacket, T. Rex and actor/singer Jared Leto's Thirty Seconds To Mars. The first 1000 copies of this double LP are uniquely pressed on Gold and Blue vinyl (each record a different colour!).LP 1
1. Sweet Thang - Shuggie Otis
2. Following Morning - The Naked And Famous
3. Hell And Back - The Airborne Toxic Event
4. Ready To Be Called On - My Morning Jacket
5. Life Of The Party - Blondfire
6. The Walker (Ryeland Allison Remix) - Fitz And The Tantrums
7. Shudder To Think - Tegan And Sara
8. Mad Love (Acoustic) - Neon Trees
1. Main Man - Portugal. The Man
2. Stayin' Alive - Capital Cities
3. Romance Languages - Cold War Kids
4. Burn It Down (Innerpartysystem Remix) - Awolnation
5. After The Scripture - Manchester Orchestra
6. City Of Angels (Acoustic) - Thirty Seconds To Mars
7. Main Man - T. Rex
8. Life Is Strange - T. Rex$43.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
Acoustic Citsuoca (Awaiting Repress)Live at The Startime Pavilion on October 31stThe Bear
Golden Hopefully$15.99Vinyl LP - Sealed AWAITING REPRESS Buy Now
With A Little Help From My FwendsThe band has recorded their own versions of each track on The Beatles' 1967 classic in their own inimitable style, with help from special friends Miley Cyrus, Moby,My Morning Jacket, J. Mascis,Dr. Dog, Phantogram, Tegan and Sara,Grace Potter,Electric WÜrms (THE LIPS side project who recently released their 6-song debut album, Musik, Die Shwer Zu Twerk) and many others.
All proceeds from sales of With A Little Help From My Fwends, will be donated to The Bella Foundation, a non-profit organization based in the band's hometown of Oklahoma City that assists low-income, elderly, or terminally ill pet owners with the cost of veterinary care.1. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (feat. My Morning Jacket, Fever the Ghost and J Mascis)
2. With A Little Help From My Friends (feat. The Flaming Lips, Black Pus and The Autumn Defense)
3. Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds (feat. Miley Cyrus, Moby and The Flaming Lips)
4. Getting Better (feat. Dr. Dog and Chuck Inglish)
5. Fixing A Hole (feat. Electric Wurms)
6. She's Leaving Home (feat. Phantogram and Juliana Barwick)
7. Being For the Benefit of Mr Kite! (feat. The Flaming Lips, Maynard James Keenan and Sunbears)
8. Within You Without You (feat. Birdflower and Morgan Delt)
9. When I'm Sixty-Four (feat. The Flaming Lips and more)
10. Lovely Rita (feat. Tegan & Sara, Stardeath and White Dwarves)
11. Good Morning Good Morning (feat. Zorch, Grace Potter and more)
12. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - reprise (Feat. Foxygen and MGMT)
13. A Day In the Life (feat. The Flaming Lips and Miley Cyrus)$18.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Outta My System: Remixez And FriendzMy Morning Jacket's new 7-track EP Outta My System - Remixez & Friendz features remixes and instrumental versions of the Circuital track Outta My System by Washed Out and Dave Sitek of TV on the Radio, as well an alternate universe version from the band, and their latest single Friends Again.1. Outta My System
2. Outta My System (Dave Sitek remix)
3. Outta My System (Washed Out remix)
4. Outta My System (Alternate Universe Version)
5. Friends Again
6. Outta My System (Dave Sitek instrumental)
7. Outta My System (Washed Out instrumental)$10.9912 Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Tribute ToMy Morning Jacket's Jim James pays tribute to the late George Harrison on an acoustic journey through seven of
the quiet Beatle's songs. Tribute To was recorded in the days following Harrison's death on an eight track reel-toreel
tape recorder. The 2017 reissue features a previously unreleased track "If Not For You" and new artwork.1. Long, Long, Long
2. Behind That Locked Door
3. Love You To
4. If Not Got You
5. My Sweet Lord
6. Ballad of Sir Frankie Crisp (Let It Roll)
7. All Things Must Pass$21.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
UNIM-ATO-111xMy Morning Jacket
Z (Awaiting Repress)While much of Z comes as a shock, even the surprises should seem perfectly natural in hindsight. The combination of the hushed, indie balladry of their early records with the spacious guitar rock of their last was to be expected, here they deliver newer, more exotic rhythms and textures, which makes it clear that this is a great band, doing great things, whove been playing it safe until now. An ambitious leap of faith into a new frontier.1. Wordless Chorus
2. It Beats 4 U
4. What A Wonderful Man
5. Off The Record
6. Into The Woods
8. Lay Low
9. Knot Comes Loose
10. Dondante$21.99Vinyl LP - Sealed AWAITING REPRESS Buy Now
Regions Of Light And Sound Of GodRegions of Light and Sound of God is the first solo album from Jim James, the singer, songwriter and guitarist for My Morning Jacket. Over the course of fifteen years and six studio albums, James has been the focal point of a group that has grown into one of the most acclaimed and successful rock and roll bands in the world. With this project, he reaches into new territory that extends, but doesn't break from, My Morning Jacket's accomplishments.
Until now, James had never felt the call to create a longer-form album on his own. "I'm very lucky to play in a band with guys that I love, who are great at what they do," he says, "so on My Morning Jacket records, I don't have a need to play bass or keys or what have you. But as a person and as a musician, I love to play every instrument under the sun, and I wanted to make a record where I played all the instruments and produced/engineered it myself."
The results are nine songs that resist easy categorization, from the hazy space-funk of the opening "State of the Art (A.E.I.O.U.)" to the chiming, operatic pop of "A New Life." On Regions of Light and Sound of God, nothing is what it seems-touchstones from old-school R&B or island folk or hip-hop flicker into focus and then disappear; a delicate instrumental is titled "Exploding." It's complex but cohesive, intimate and hypnotic where My Morning Jacket might turn more wide-screen and epic.
"The album knew what it wanted to be," says James. "The songs would tell me what they wanted to be, and I just had to search around and find those sounds to bring them into this world."1. State of the Art (A.E.I.O.U)
2. Know Til Now
3. Dear One
4. A New Life
6. Of the Mother Again
8. All Is Forgiven
9. God's Love to Deliver$19.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Okonokos (Awaiting Repress)Back in print, and better than ever. A brand new pressing of the long out of print 4LP live album.LP 1
1. Wordless Chorus
2. It Beats 4 U
4. One Big Holiday
5. I Will Sing You Songs
7. The Way that He Sings
1. At Dawn
3. What a Wonderful Man
4. Off the Record
5. Lay Low
1. Run Thru
2. Xmas Curtain
3. O Is the One that Is Real
4. Steam Engine
5. Dance Floors
1. I Think I'm Going To Hell
4. Where To Begin
6. Strangulation$49.99Vinyl LP - 4 LPs Sealed AWAITING REPRESS Buy Now
OuroborosGrammy Award winner Ray LaMontagne releases his sixth studio album, Ouroboros, via RCA Records. Showcasing a new sound, the veteran artist brings Black Keys-worthy riffage to his inspired words.
Ouroboros was produced by Ray and Jim James of My Morning Jacket.
Ray LaMontagne has released 5 studio albums (Trouble, Till The Sun Turns Black, Gossip in the Grain, God Willin' & the Creek Don't Rise and Supernova) and sold out numerous tours across the US. Ray's 2010 album God Willin' & the Creek Don't Rise won the Grammy for Best Folk Album and was nominated in the coveted Song of The Year category for "Beg Steal or Borrow". Ray's last single, "Supernova" off the album of the same name became one of Ray's fastest growing singles at AAA radio, with the song rocketing into the top 5 within two weeks of impact.Part 1
2. Hey, No Pressure
3. The Changing Man
4. While It Still Beats
1. In My Own Way
2. Another Day
3. A Murmuration of Starlings
4. Wouldn't It Make A Lovely Photograph$19.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
UNIM-ATO-2610xMy Morning Jacket
Evil Urges (Awaiting Repress)One of the Most Highly Anticipated Albums of 2008!
My Morning Jacket expands their stylistic boundaries with each newly successive release and true to form Evil Urges, their fifth studio album, may be their most diverse effort yet. Jim James, the bold and fearless frontman for the group, even flaunts his falsetto on a handful of tracks. My Morning Jacket had little reason to try anything new at all considering their previous album, Z, was one of the most critically acclaimed albums of 2005 and was prematurely being described by many as the group at their creative peak. I feel like Z is the perfect bridge from what we were gradually doing before and Z to Evil Urges is the perfect bridge between everything. On the first listen, there's a lot of variety in a lot of different places, but I think after repeated listens, hopefully the listener would understand the similarities more than the differences, explains James. In a matter of 6 years, My Morning Jacket has evolved from just another alt-country band into something of bigger, more epic proportions. There are parts of our band that are tied to roots, James says, and there are also parts where we want to experiment.
The past several My Morning Jacket albums have each reflected the passion that the band shares for music of all categories while continuing to nurture their signature aesthetic. Stylistically, Evil Urges is the album that My Morning Jacket has been making for almost ten years. Their previous work has emboldened them with the confidence to continue to grow in ways few artists would be capable of achieving. Admirably, Jim James' songwriting manages to remain as organic and cohesive as ever, making their musical leaps forward fluid, logical, entertaining and inspiring.
More than ever before, the band treated the studio itself as a musical instrument for the recording of Evil Urges. Thus co-producers Jim James and Joe Chiccarelli (The Shins, White Stripes) truly collaborated on the band's most ambitious and convincingly executed album to date.1. Evil Urges
2. Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Part 1
3. Highly Suspicious
4. I'm Amazed
5. Thank You Too
6. Sec Walkin'
7. Two Halves
9. Look At You
10. Aluminum Park
12. Smokin' From Shootin'
13. Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Part 2$21.99Vinyl LP - Sealed AWAITING REPRESS Buy Now
Lost On The RiverThe New Basement Tapes, an album project from Elvis Costello, Rhiannon Giddens (Carolina Chocolate Drops) Taylor Goldsmith (Dawes), Jim James (My Morning Jacket), Marcus Mumford (Mumford & Sons) and producer T Bone Burnett, recorded in Capitol Studios to create music for two-dozen recently discovered lyrics written by Bob Dylan in 1967 during the period that generated the recording of the legendary Basement Tapes.
The album will be released this year by Electromagnetic Recordings/Harvest Records (Capitol Music Group), and will be accompanied by a Showtime documentary titled, Lost Songs: The Basement Tapes Continued, directed by Sam Jones (the Wilco documentary, I Am Trying To Break Your Heart). The film will present an exclusive and intimate look at the making of Lost On The River: The New Basement Tapes set against the important and historical cultural backdrop of Bob Dylan's original Basement Tapes.
Bob Dylan's original Basement Tapes - recorded by Dylan in 1967 with musicians who would later achieve their own fame as The Band - have fascinated and enticed successive generations of musicians, fans and cultural critics for nearly five decades. This collective recorded more than a hundred songs in
the basement of a small house in upstate New York that summer and fall, including dozens of newly-written Bob Dylan future classics such as, "I Shall Be Released," "The Mighty Quinn," "This Wheel's On Fire," "You Ain't Going Nowhere" and "Tears Of Rage."
Lost On The River: The New Basement Tapes celebrates the discovery of new Bob Dylan lyrics from that noted 1967 period and marks a unique creative opportunity for Burnett, Costello, Giddens, Goldsmith, James and Mumford, who are bringing them to life nearly 50 years later. For Burnett, whom Dylan
has entrusted with this endeavor, it was imperative to provide an environment in which these artists could thrive. "Great music is best created when a community of artists gets together for the common good. There is a deep well of generosity and support in the room at all times, and that reflects the tremendous generosity shown by Bob in sharing these lyrics with us."1. Down On The Bottom
2. Married To My Hack
3. Kansas Cit
4. Spanish Mary
5. Liberty Street
6. Nothing To It
7. When I Get My Hands On You
8. Duncan and Jimmy
9. Lost On The River
10. Florida Key
11. Hidee Hidee Ho
13. Card Shark
14. Six Months In Kansas City (Liberty Street)
15. Lost On The River$29.99Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
UNIM-ATO-3715xMy Morning Jacket
Circuital (Awaiting Repress)Acclaimed Band Goes Back to Kentucky Rock Roots on Scintillating 2011 Set
Adventurous, Organic, Focused, and Fun: Jim James and Co. Get Their Jam On
LPs Cut at 45PRM and Pressed on 180g Audiophile Vinyl: Excellent Sonics
My Morning Jacket's sixth studio album, the stunning Circuital, finds the band going back to its Kentucky rock roots while still mixing in tempered amounts of the experimentalist streaks on its two previous efforts. The album was recorded in Louisville, KY and Nashville, TN and co-produced by frontman Jim James and Tucker Martine (R.E.M., Sufjan Stevens, The Decemberists). The result is yet another reinvention of the group's sound that both forges new ground and maintains the distinct spirit of MMJ's previous genre bending work.
Critics were already praising the effort on the week before its release, and James has rarely expressed such open-minded admiration for his own work. Plus, the sound is riveting. And vinyl is the way to hear this excellent record, as the two 180g LPs are cut at 45rpm and housed in gatefold packaging. Includes poster insert with lyrics and inner sleeves with full color artwork.
Recorded in a Louisville church gymnasium, Circuital is just as adventurous, yet more organic and focused; when James sings, Play it smart, soul intact/How you react is what you'll get back, against lovely circular guitar shimmer on You Wanna Freak Out, he's like the beard-rock version of Coach Taylor from Friday Night Lights, showing the boys how to relax and channel their inner jam.
--Jon Dolan, Rolling Stone, May 26, 2011
The [title track] is the centerpiece of what in the vinyl era wouldve been Side 1 of the album, with the tracks sequenced to melt one into the next. The ascending, trance-like Victory Dance, the undulating finger-picked guitar and yearning vocal of Wonderful (The Way I Feel), the surreal combination of Beach Boys-like vocals and pedal-steel guitar on Outta My Systemit makes for a brilliant start and raises expectations that My Morning Jacket has finally made its classic.
--Greg Kot, Chicago Tribune, May 27, 20111. Victory Dance
3. The Day Is Coming
4. Wonderful (The Way I Feel)
5. Outta My System
6. Holdin On To Black Metal
7. First Light
8. You Wanna Freak Out
9. Slow Slow Tune
10. Movin Away$21.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 2LPs Sealed AWAITING REPRESS Buy Now
Tribute To 2My Morning Jacket frontman Jim James returns with Tribute To 2, a collection of cover songs that reverberate with
hope and blur the boundaries of time and genre. James interprets songs made famous by a wide variety of artists
including songs from from The Beach Boys, Sonny and Cher, Dianne Izzo, Ray Noble and Al Bowlly, Elvis Presley,
Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Abey Lincoln and Ella Fitzgerald.1. I Just Wasn't Made for These Times
2. Baby Don't Go
3. Wild Honey
4. Midnight, the Stars and You
5. Crying in the Chapel
6. Funny How Time Slips Away
7. Love is the Sweetest Thing
8. I'll Be Your Baby Tonight
9. Lucky Man
10. The World is Falling Down
11. Blue Skies$23.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Songs Of PatienceThe title of Alberta Cross' new studio album, Songs of Patience is, in many ways, literal. It's been three long years since the band last released a full-length album. The highs and lows of their journey raised a grander set of ideas, infusing the 10-song set's title with additional universal meaning.
After touring extensively on their debut, Broken Side of Time, with bands like Them Crooked Vultures, Oasis, and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, and stopping at festivals like Bonnaroo and Sasquatch, Alberta Cross headed to an old, abandoned house in the middle of nowhere near Woodstock, NY. There, they braved the freezing winter and embraced a sense of the building's haunted past to envision ideas for a new records.
In the end, the record is the sum of three years' worth of parts, a struggle that concluded in victory. Three difference producers: Joe Chiccarelli (The White Stripes, My Morning Jacket), Mike Daly (Whiskeytown, Young the Giant) and Claudius Mittendorfer (Muse, Interpol). It opens new possibilities for the band's visceral live show, a notable facet of the group defined by their raucous, gritty onstage performances that swell the tracks into bigger, more expansive versions of themselves. Song of Patience has also, in many ways, become a decided source of inspiration for the band members, one they hope magnifies the personal battles and upsides of their fans.1. Magnolia
2. Create Of Gold
3. Lay Down
4. Come on Maker
5. Ophelia On My Mind
7. I Believe In Everything
8. Life Without Warning
9. Money For The Weekend
10. Bonfires$17.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Legend RemixedFor the first time, Bob Marley and the Wailers' iconic 1984 album, Legend, is re-imagined for Legend Remixed, an inspired new spin on the reggae classic to celebrate the summer. Legend's 16 tracks have been remixed by top DJs/producers. Included in this the cohesive new set are tracks by ten time Grammy winner Stephen Marley, Pretty Lights, Thievery Corporation, Jason Bentley, Z-Trip with Lee Scratch Perry, Photek, My Morning Jacket's Jim James, Roni Size, RAC, Beats Antique, Nickodemus & Zeb, as well as a new rendition remix of Redemption Song by five-time Grammy Award winning reggae artist, Ziggy Marley.
The fourth track on the album, Three Little Birds, was remixed by Stephen Marley and DJ/producer Jason Bentley. This iconic Marley track serves as the worry-free anthem for Hyundai's new Assurance Connected Care program, a new suite of features that allows drivers to feel safe and secure and enjoy a stress-free ownership experience. Prior to its television debut, Three Little Birds made its television debut on May 14 with free downloads available to the first 15,000 fans through Hyundai's Facebook and YouTube channels and is also available for sale through all digital retailers.
Hyundai also supported the creation of the Making of Legend Remixed documentary, a short film about the creation of the new album including interviews with the Marley family and the musicians and remixers involved.
Bob Marley and The Wailers' Legend is the world's best-selling reggae album with global sales exceeding 40 million copies, including more than 14 million in the U.S. alone. The RIAA Diamond®-certified album holds the distinction of being the second longest-charting album in the history of Billboard magazine, second only to Pink Floyd's The Dark Side Of The Moon. In 2003, Rolling Stone ranked LEGEND at No. 46 on its 500 Greatest Albums of All Time list.
Bob Marley remains one of the 20th century's most important and influential entertainment icons. Marley's lifestyle and music continue to inspire new generations as his legacy lives on through his music. In the digital era, he has the second-highest social media following of any posthumous celebrity, with the official Bob Marley Facebook page drawing more than 42 million fans, ranking it among the Top 25 of all Facebook pages and Top 10 among celebrity pages. Since 1992, Marley's music catalog has sold more than 77 million albums worldwide and his accolades include inductions into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (1994) and ASCAP Songwriters Hall of Fame (2010), a GRAMMY® Lifetime Achievement Award (2001), multiple entries in the GRAMMY® Hall Of Fame, and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame (2001).1. Waiting In Vain (Jim James Remix)
2. Stir It Up (Ziggy Marley Remix)
3. Three Little Birds (Stephen Marley and Jason Bentley Remix)
4. Could You Be Loved (RAC Remix)
5. No Woman, No Cry (Stephen Marley Remix)
6. Get Up, Stand Up (Thievery Corporation Remix)
7. Satisfy My Soul (Beats Antique Remix)
8. I Shot The Sheriff (Roni Size Remix)
9. Exodus (Pretty Lights Remix)
10. Easy Skanking (Stephen Marley Remix)
11. One Love / People Get Ready (Photek Remix)
12. Redemption Song (Ziggy Marley Remix)
13. Is This Love (Jason Bentley Remix)
14. Jamming (Nickodemus and Zeb Remix)
15. Punky Reggae Party (Z-Trip Remix featuring Lee Scratch Perry)
16. Buffalo Soldier (Stephen Marley Remix)$24.99Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
Young In All The Wrong WaysYoung in All the Wrong Ways is Sara Watkins'
most cohesive and fully realized solo album.
The new collection finds her embracing the role
of frontwoman following the collaborations of
Watkins Family Hour (featuring Sean Watkins,
Fiona Apple and Benmont Tench) and Nickel
Creek, the hugely successful group she first
formed with her brother Sean and Chris Thile.
The album is also her most powerful. Personal
and revealing, she wrote or co-wrote each of the
10 songs-a first for her. It was produced in Los
Angeles by Gabe Witcher who arranged a stellar
band including two of his fellow Punch Brothers,
guitarist Chris Eldridge and bass player Paul
Kowert, and additional musicians Jon Brion and
Jay Bellerose. Sarah Jarosz and Aoife O'Donovan,
Watkins' bandmates in I'm With Her, provide
harmonies on the title track while Jim James of
My Morning Jacket guests on "One Last Time."
Benmont Tench is again featured on keys.
Sara calls the record "a breakup album with
myself..." Writing and recording these ten
intensely soul-baring songs was a mechanism
to process and mark the last few transformative
years. The record is about Sara turning the
page and taking the reins of her own life, in
both a career and personal sense.
around and realized that in many ways I wasn't
who or where I wanted to be," Sara says. "It's
been a process of letting go and leaving behind
patterns and relationships and in some cases
how I've considered myself. What these songs
are documenting is the turmoil you feel when
you know something has to change and you're
grappling with what that means. It means you're
losing something and moving forward into
The songs contain some of the
heaviest moments of her career, with eruptions
of thrumming B3 organ and jagged electric guitar.
But it's also quiet, vulnerable, tenderhearted.
Bold in all the right ways.
Young in All the Wrong Ways reveals an artist
who has managed to transform her own turmoil
into music that is beautiful and deeply moving:
"God bless the tenderhearted," she sings, "who let
life overflow."1. Young In All The Wrong Ways
2. The Love That Got Away
3. One Last Time
4. Move Me
5. Like New Year's Day
6. Say So
7. Without A Word
8. The Truth Won't Set Us Free
10. Tenderhearted$19.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
I'm Not There (Bob Dylan)Import
I'm Not There is a meta-biographical film re-imaging the life of Bob Dylan as portrayed by six different actors - Marcus Carl Franklin, Ben Whishaw, Heath Ledger, Christian Bale, Richard Gere, and Cate Blanchett - in six different phases of the artists life and career.
The 4LP I'm Not There set features songs from and inspired by this film. The new interpretations of Bob Dylan songs are performed by an eclectic cavalcade of acclaimed and celebrated contemporary musicians including Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam), Sonic Youth, Jim James (My Morning Jacket), Jack Johnson, Sufjan Stevens, Mark Lanegan and many others!
Many of the album's performances include backing from The Million Dollar Bashers, an ensemble created especially for 'Im Not There' by Sonic Youth guitarist Lee Ranaldo, featuring Sonic Youth drummer Steve Shelley, Television guitarist Tom Verlaine, Wilco bassist Nels Cline, guitarist Smokey Hormel, keyboardist John Medeski and long-time Bob Dylan band bassist Tony Garnier. Other tracks on the album feature the alternative-country band Calexico backing up artists.
I'm Not There includes two versions of the enigmatic title track, a new interpretation performed by Sonic Youth and the original Bob Dylan recording, a rare often-bootlegged outtake from The Basement Tapes sessions which has been unavailable on any official release for a long time.LP1
1. Eddie Vedder & Million Dollar Bashers, The - All Along The Watchtower
2. Sonic Youth - I'm Not There
3. Jim James & Calexico - Goin' To Acapulco
4. Richie Havens - Tombstone Blues
5. Stephen Malkmus & Million Dollar Bashers, The - Ballad Of A Thin Man
6. Cat Power - Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again
7. John Doe - Pressing On
8. Yo La Tengo - Fourth Time Around
1. Iron & Whine & Calexico - Dark Eyes
2. Karen O & Million Dollar Bashers, The - Highway 61 Revisited
3. Roger Mcguinn & Calexico - One More Cup Of Coffee
4. Mason Jennings - The Lonesome Death Of Hattie Carroll
5. Los Lobos - Billy 1
6. Jeff Tweedy - Simple Twist Of Fate
7. Mark Lanegan - Man In The Long Black Coat
8. Willie Nelson & Calexico - Señor (Tales Of Yankee Power)
1. Mira Billotte - As I Went Out One Morning
2. Stephen Malkmus & Lee Ranaldo - Can't Leave Her Behind
3. Sufjan Stevens - Ring Them Bells
4. Charlotte Gainsbourg & Calexico - Just Like A Woman
5. Jack Johnson - Mama You've Been On My Mind / A Fraction Of Last Thoughts On Woody Guthrie
6. Yo La Tengo - I Wanna Be Your Lover
7. Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova - You Ain't Goin' Nowhere
8. Hold Steady, The - Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window?
9. Ramblin' Jack Elliot - Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues
10. Black Keys, The - The Wicked Messenger
1. Tom Verlaine & Million Dollar Bashers, The - Cold Irons Bound
2. Mason Jennings - The Times They Are A Changin'
3. Stephen Malkmus & Million Dollar Bashers, The - Maggie's Farm
4. Marcus Carl Franklin - When The Ship Comes In
5. Bob Forrest - Moonshiner
6. John Doe - I Dreamed I Saw St. Augustine
7. Antony & The Johnsons - Knockin' On Heaven's Door
8. Bob Dylan With Band, The - I'm Not There$49.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 4 LPs Sealed Buy Now
Red Hot + Fela
18th In A Series Of Original Albums To Raise Money And Awareness In The Global Fight Against HIV/AIDS
Fela Kuti lives on. Since his death in 1997, he's been transformed from musician's musician with a cult-like following to a worldwide musical icon. The last four years have seen the Broadway hit FELA! win Tony Awards and tour the world, Knitting Factory Records reissue the prolific Nigerian's back catalogue, and now, Red Hot.
Red Hot is an AIDS awareness organization currently partnering with cross-genfre collaborators representing rock, hip-hop, Americana, and classical for a forthcoming album release of Fela Kuti compositions, Red Hot + Fela. The release includes classic Fela anthems like Lady recorded by tUnE-yArDs, Questlove, Angelique Kidjo, and Akua Naru, Zombie recorded by Spoek Mathambo, Cerebral Cortex, and Frown, and Trouble Sleep Yanga Wake Am recorded by My Morning Jacket, Merrill Garbus (from tUnE-yArDs), and Brittany Howard (from Alabama Shakes) and Sorrow, Tears & Blood reworked by the Kronos Quartet along with TV On The Radios' Kyp Malone and Tunde Adembimpe.1. Buy Africa - Baloji & L'Orchestre de la Katuba featuring Kuku
2. Lady - tUnE-yArDs, Questlove, Angelique Kidjo + Akua Naru
3. Yellow Fever - Spoek Mathambo + Zaki Ibrahim
4. No Buredi - Nneka, Sinkane, Amayo + Superhuman Happiness
5. Who No Know Go No - Just A Band + Childish Gambino
6. Trouble Sleep Yanga Wake Am - My Morning Jacket w/ Merrill Garbus + Brittany Howard
7. Sorrow Tears and Blood - TV on the Radio's Kyp Malone and Tunde Adebimpe, Kronos Quartet + Stuart Bogie
8. ITT - Superhuman Happiness w/ Sahr Ngaujah, Abena Koomson + Rubblebucket
9. Afrodisco Beat 2013 - Tony Allen, M1 + Baloji
10. Gentleman - Just A Band, Bajah + Chance the Rapper
11. Hi Life Time - GendEr Infinity
12. Zombie - Spoek Mathambo + Cerebral Cortex + Frown
13. Go Slow - King$22.99Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
UNIM-ROU-1291xFarrar, James, Johnson, & Parker
New MultitudesNew Multitudes is an intimate interpretation of American icon and musical legend Woody Guthries previously unrecorded lyrics from a dream team of Americana torchbearers: Jay Farrar (Son Volt), Will Johnson (Centro-matic), Anders Parker (Varnaline) and Jim James (My Morning Jacket). What makes this album such a rarity in todays music world is the allowance of the songs infectious simplicity to stand alone in all their glory. In doing so, Farrar, Johnson, Parker and James, pay the greatest compliment to Woody Guthrie and the collaborative spirit he so greatly embodied. This is an album which seamlessly converges the sepia-toned essence of the time honored past with the risks needed to forge the future.
Under the invitation of Nora Guthrie, Woody's daughter, to tour the Guthrie archives, each of the four songwriters were offered the chance to plumb and mine the plethora of notebooks, scratch pads, napkins, etc. for anything that might inspire them to lend their voices and give the words new life.
These guys worked on an amazing group of lyrics says Nora. Much of it was culled from Woody's times in L.A. Lyric wise, it's a part of the story that is still mostly unknown. From Woody's experiences on L.A.'s skid row to his later years in Topanga Canyon, they are uniquely intimate, and relate two distinctly emotional periods in his life.
Musically, it is the sense of collaboration that makes New Multitudes not just another trite and traditional acoustic regurgitation of back porch blues. From the ragged jangle of its opening track, Hoping Machine, the loping lilt of Fly High, the floorboard stomp of No Fear, to the lush warmth and sudden sonic gut punch of My Revolutionary Mind, the cohorts deliver a lesson in discovering a song's sweet spot time and time again. It's the function and preparedness of each artist's dogged work ethic gleaned the old-fashion way; veracious songs, road weary odometers and sweat stained live shows, all attributes of the man they are honoring.1. Hoping Machine
2. Fly High
3. My Revolutionary Mind
4. VD City
5. Old L.A.
6. Talking Empty Bed Blues
8. Careless Reckless Love
9. Angel's Blues
10. No Fear
11. Changing World
12. New Multitudes$21.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Broken Hearts & Dirty Windows: Songs of John PrineJohn Prine covers by Justin Vernon, Conor Oberst, My Morning Jacket, Josh Ritter, The Avett Brothers, Old Crow Medicine Show & more.1. Justin Vernon - "Bruised Orange (Chain of Sorrow)"
2. Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band - "Wedding Day in Funeralville"
3. My Morning Jacket - "All the Best"
4. Josh Ritter - "Mexican Home"
5. Lambchop - "Six O'Clock News"
6. Justin Townes Earle - "Far From Me"
7. The Avett Brothers - "Spanish Pipedream"
8. Old Crow Medicine Show - "Angel from Montgomery"
9. Sara Watkins - "The Late John Garfield Blues"
10. Drive-By Truckers - "Daddy's Little Pumpkin"
11. Deer Tick (feat. Liz Isenberg) - "Unwed Fathers"
12. Those Darlins - "Let's Talk Dirty in Hawaiian"$18.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
The Music Is You: A Tribute To John Denver15 years after his death and 40 years after the release of his widely beloved song "Rocky Mountain High," ATO Records celebrates John Denver's life and music with The Music Is You: A Tribute to John Denver. The album features covers of Denver's most popular songs by a diverse group of artists including Dave Matthews, My Morning Jacket, Train, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros and many more. A portion of the proceeds will be benefit environmental initiatives in John's name.1. My Morning Jacket - Leaving on a Jet Plane
2. Dave Matthews - Take Me to Tomorrow
3. Kathleen Edwards - All of My Memories
4. J. Mascis & Sharon Van Etten - Prisoners
5. Train - Sunshine on My Shoulders
6. Old Crow Medicine Show - Back Home Again
7. Lucinda Williams - This Old Guitar
8. Amos Lee - Some Days Are Diamonds
9. Allen Stone - Rocky Mountain High
10. Brett Dennen and Milow - Annie's Song
11. Evan Dando - Looking for Space
12. Emmylou Harris & Brandi Carlile - Take Me Home, Country Roads
13. Blind Pilot - The Eagle and the Hawk
14. Mary Chapin Carpenter - I Guess He'd Rather Be in Colorado
15. Josh Ritter and Barnstar! - Darcy Farrow
16. Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros - Wooden Indian$19.99Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
And The Wave Has Two Sides (Colored Vinyl)Coke Bottle Clear Vinyl
Sophomore album from Minneaplis indie rock trio ON AN ON. Recorded at the famous Sunset Sound in sunny Los Angeles with legendary producer Joe Chiccarelli (Spoon, White Stripes, The Shins, My Morning Jacket).1. Behind the Gun
2. Icon Love
3. Alright Alright
4. I Can't Escape It
5. It's Not Over
7. Wait for the Kill
8. Stay the Same
9. You Were So Scared
10. Secret Drone
11. Synth Interlude
12. All At One
13. It's Coming Up$17.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now