- Lowest Price
- Highest Price
Neil Young Sugar Mountain'
DecadeA fantastic 3-LP collection of Neil's best-from Buffalo Springfield through CSNY to his own enigmatic solo career-featuring Southern Man; Down by the River; Helpless; Ohio; Sugar Mountain; Like a Hurricane; Heart of Gold; After the Gold Rush , and lots more.
One of the most influential artists of all time, Neil Young has set a standard of artistic integrity and iconoclastic creativity. Before starting his multi-platinum solo career, he was a founding member of the folk-rock band Buffalo Springfield and worked with the groups Crazy Horse and Crosby, Stills and Nash. The Canadian singer-songwriter was recognized by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1995 for his work as a solo artist and was inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame in 1982. Young's philanthropic work is as renowned as his musical legacy.
His famous Bridge School Benefit Concert has become a yearly tradition since 1986 and continues to boast an incredible line-up of high-profile artists. Each year, Young donates all of the proceeds to the Bay Area's Bridge School, which assists children with severe physical impairments and complex communication needs. He was also one of the original founders of Farm Aid in 1985, and continues to be an active member on the organization's board of directors.LP 1
1. Down to the Wire - By Buffalo Springfield
2. Burned - By Buffalo Springfield
3. Mr. Soul - By Buffalo Springfield
4. Broken Arrow - By Buffalo Springfield
5. Expecting to Fly - By Buffalo Springfield
6. Sugar Mountain
7. I Am a Child - By Buffalo Springfield
8. The Loner
9. The Old Laughing Lady
10. Cinnamon Girl - By Neil Young & Crazy Horse
11. Down By the River - By Neil Young & Crazy Horse
1. Cowgirl In the Sand - By Neil Young & Crazy Horse
2. I Believe in You - By Neil Young & Crazy Horse
3. After the Gold Rush - By Neil Young & Crazy Horse
4. Southern Man - By Neil Young & Crazy Horse
5. Helpless - By Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
6. Ohio - By Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
7. Soldier03 Old Man
8. A Man Needs a Maid
10. Heart of Gold
11. Star of Bethlehem
1. The Needle and the Damage Done
2. Tonight's the Night, Pt. 1
3. Tired Eyes
4. Walk On
5. For the Turnstiles
7. Deep Forbidden Lake
8. Like a Hurricane - By Neil Young & Crazy Horse
9. Love Is a Rose
10. Cortez the Killer - By Neil Young & Crazy Horse
12. Long May You Run - By The Stills-Young Band$36.99Vinyl LP - 3 LPs Sealed Buy Now
Neil Young Greatest HitsAfter all these years we finally get a Greatest Hits which could be thought of more as a sampler of his many Hits even though it comes as a 2 LP
set with a bonus 7 single (Sugar Mountain (mono version) / The Loner). This was cut from complied 30 ips analog master tapes prepared by John Nowland at Neil Young's Redwood Ranch Studios and mastered and cut by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering. After listening tests at the Ranch Neil Young decided that Classic's 180g Super Vinyl Profile was to be used exclusively for this long anticipated release which includes favorites such as Cinnamon Girl, Helpless, Comes A Time, Harvest Moon among others. This LP belongs in every collection - enough said.
Pressed at Pallas1. Down By The River - from Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere, 1969
2. Cowgirl In The Sand - from Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere, 1969
3. Cinnamon Girl - from Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere, 1969
4. Helpless - with Crosby, Stills and Nash, from DÉjà Vu, 1970
5. After The Gold Rush - from After The Goldrush, 1970
6. Only Love Can Break Your Heart - from After The Goldrush, 1970)
7. Southern Man - from After The Goldrush, 1970)
8. Ohio - with Crosby, Stills and Nash, from Four Way Street, 1971
9. The Needle and the Damage Done - from Harvest, 1972
10. Old Man - from Harvest, 1972
11. Heart Of Gold - from Harvest, 1972
12. Like A Hurricane - from American Stars 'n' Bars, 1977
13. Comes A Time - from Comes A Time, 1978
14. Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black) - from Rust Never Sleeps, 1979
15. Rockin' In The Free World - from Freedom, 1989
16. Harvest Moon - from Harvest Moon, 1992$49.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl + Bonus 7 - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
Sugar Mountain: Live At Canterbury House (Out Of Stock)Pressed at Pallas in Germany.
A more intimate live portrayal of solo Neil Young doesn't exist. Recorded on a TEAC 2-track tape recorder at Canterbury House on November 9-10, 1968, Sugar Mountain: Live At Canterbury House 1968 is, for all intents and purposes, the start of the iconic singer-songwriter's solo career. It's a unique document not in just Young's catalog, but in all of music.
Armed with just an acoustic guitar and his voice, Young charms an intimate crowd on his own terms with renditions of many now-classic songs that hadn't yet even been released. Fortunately, for everyone, the performances are captured in you-are-there sound. Experienced on this exquisite analog pressing, sonics don't get any more realistic. Acoustic properties and liveliness abound. The wood-bodied tones of the guitar, inflections of Young's speech, and warble of his timbre come to life as if you have been transported back to those two cool, fall November days in Michigan.
In addition to songs such as Birds, Winterlong, and The Last Trip to Tulsa, an extremely rare portrait of Young emerges. Evidently nervous about the gigs (he just broke apart from Buffalo Springfield), the 22-year-old Canadian is actually talkative and giddy, two characteristics that soon left his onstage repertoire. We hear stories of his job in a bookstore to his thoughts on songwriting amidst an unvarnished, up-close presentation that, by some fortunate stroke of karma, was documented for everyone to hear.
Trust us: Young's records are long-time favorites among audiophiles for their music and sound qualities. Sugar Mountain: Live At Canterbury House 1968 rivals the very best of the legend's performances and will make you and your stereo glow with happiness.
Do not miss this pressing. It is seriously THAT good!LP1
1. Emcee Intro
2. On The Way Home
3. Songwriting Rap
4. Mr. Soul
5. Recording Rap
6. Expecting to Fly
7. The Last Trip to Tulsa
8. Bookstore Rap
9. The Loner
10. I Used To... Rap
12. Winterlong (Excerpt) & Out of My Mind Intro
13. Out of My Mind
1. If I Could Have Her Tonight
2. Classical Gas Rap
3. Sugar Mountain - Intro.
4. Sugar Mountain
5. I've Been Waiting For You
6. Songs Rap
7. Nowadays Clancy Can't Even Sing
8. Tuning Rap & The Old Laughing Lady - Intro.
9. The Old Laughing Lady
10. Broken Arrow$49.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Temporarily out of stock