- Lowest Price
- Highest Price
The DudeThe Dude is a 1981 studio album by American musician and producer Quincy Jones. The album featured the debut of vocalist James Ingram on the singles Just Once and One Hundred Ways, which reached no. 17 and 14, respectively, on the Billboard Hot 100. It also contained Razzamatazz, which reached no. 11 in the UK Singles Chart, one of his few hits there. He won the Grammy award for best R&B vocal performance for his work on the album. Belgian harmonica player and puccaloist Toots Thielemans also contributed to the album, appearing on the instrumental track Velas. The song was sampled by Jodeci on their 1996 single Get On Up which appeared on their third album The Show, the After Party, the Hotel as well as producers Shut Up and Dance for the track Waking Up which appeared on Nicolette's first album Now Is Early.
The album won three Grammy Awards, one for Best Instrumental Arrangement, Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal and Best Instrumental Arrangement (Accompanying Vocalists) and also earned Ingram three Grammy nominations for Best New Artist, Best Male Pop Vocal Performance for Just Once and Best Male R&B Vocal Performance for One Hundred Ways, for which he won at the 24th Grammy Awards in 1982.
The album also gained heavy dance airplay for the songs Ai No Corrida (a cover of Chaz Jankel's song) and Razzamatazz (vocals by Patti Austin).
The single Just Once was featured in the 1982 film The Last American Virgin.1. Ai No Corrida
2. The Dude
3. Just Once
4. Betcha' Wouldn't Hurt Me
5. Somethin' Special
7. One Hundred Ways
9. Turn on the Action$24.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Give Me The NightImport
Give Me The Night is the 1980 album by ten-time Grammy Award-winning American musician and singer-songwriter George Benson.
Produced by Quincy Jones and originally released on Jones' start-up label Qwest Records, the album charted number one on both the Top Soul Albums and Jazz Albums Chart as well as number three on the Billboard Pop Albums charts. The album includes the number one single on the Soul Singles chart, Give Me the Night and the song Moody´s Mood, which was recorded with R&B singer Patti Austin. The album was certified Platinum by the RIAA.
The album won Benson three Grammy Awards in 1981; Best Male R&B Vocal Performance, while Moody's Mood received Best Jazz Vocal Performance, Male and Off Broadway received Best R&B Instrumental Performance. Quincy Jones and Jerry Hey also won the Grammy Award for Best Instrumental Arrangement for the song Dinorah, Dinorah.1. Love X Love
2. Off Broadway
3. Moody's Mood
4. Give Me The Night
5. What's On Your Mind
6. Dinorah, Dinorah
7. Love Dance
8. Star Of A Story (x)
9. Midnight Love Affair
10. Turn Out The Lamplight$34.99180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
A Brand New Me: Aretha Franklin With The Royal Philharmonic OrchestraA BRAND NEW ME: ARETHA FRANKLIN WITH THE ROYAL PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA pairs classic vocals from some of the most iconic songs that the Queen of Soul recorded for Atlantic Records with new arrangements performed by The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.
A BRAND NEW ME features Franklin's instantly recognizable voice woven together with new orchestral arrangements. The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra recorded the music at Abbey Road Studios in London, with brand new backing vocals led by Grammy®-winning singer Patti Austin.
The result is another timeless record that retains the soul, groove, and gospel power of Franklin's revered talent. Among the standout tracks are newly re-imagined versions of classics like the Billboard #1 R&B hits Respect, Think, Don't Play That Song (You Lied), and Angel.1. Think (with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra)
2. Don't Play That Song (You Lied) [with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra]
3. I Say A Little Prayer (with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra)
4. Until You Come Back To Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do) [with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra]
5. A Brand New Me (with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra)
6. A Natural Woman (You Make Me Feel Like) [with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra]
7. Angel (with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra)
8. Border Song (Holy Moses) [with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra]
9. Let It Be (with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra)
10. Oh Me Oh My (I'm A Fool For You Baby) [with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra]
11. You're All I Need To Get By (with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra)
12. Respect (with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra)$21.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now