- Lowest Price
- Highest Price
Paul Mccartney Box Set'
Pure McCartney (Box Set)Pure McCartney, a new compilation of his solo, Wings and Fireman work, celebrates that fact, showcasing 67 highlights from one of the most-revered catalogues in music - from 'McCartney' in 1970, his debut solo album, right through to 'Hope For The Future', his 2014 track taken from 'Destiny', the most-anticipated video game of the last decade. Not only is 'Pure McCartney' a monumental mix tape of some of popular music's most memorable moments from 1970 to the present day, it also features curios for the super fans and some of Paul's personal favourites-all handpicked by the man himself.
Me and my team came up with the idea of putting together a collection of my recordings with nothing else in mind other than having something fun to listen to, Paul says of this project.
Maybe it's to be enjoyed on a long car journey or an evening at home or at a party with friends? So we got our heads together and came up with these diverse playlists from various periods of my long and winding career."
As a songwriter Paul has never stood still, dipping his toe in countless genres and styles. 'Pure McCartney' is testament to that fact. From the song writing master class of 'Maybe I'm Amazed' and adventurous, three-songs-in-one of 'Band On The Run' to the irresistible groove of 'Say Say Say' and ahead-of-its-time electronica of 'Temporary Secretary', described by NME when compiling a list of the greatest ever songs as not so much ahead of its time, but out of it altogether", 'Pure McCartney' charts the unstoppable adventures of McCartney's unique and eclectic song writing talents and shines a light on his post-Beatles artistic achievements.
The word 'career' is a bit misleading because to me it has been more like a musical adventure than a proper job, says Paul, reflecting on the 'Pure McCartney' tracklisting. It pleases me, and often amazes me, that I've been involved in the writing and recording of so many songs, each of them so different from the others.
Paul's unparalleled career has seen his music break global chart records, win countless awards, fill stadiums around the world and become the soundtrack to millions of people's lives across generations.LP 1
1. Maybe I'm Amazed
2. Heart Of The Country
4. Warm And Beautiful
5. Listen To What The Man Said
6. Dear Boy
7. Silly Love Songs
8. The Song We Were Singing
9. Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey
10. Another Day
1. Mull of Kintyre
2. Sing The Changes
3. Jenny Wren
4. Mrs Vandebilt
5. Save Us
6. Let 'Em In
7. Let Me Roll It
8. Ebony and Ivory
9. Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five
1. Band on the Run
2. Arrow Through Me
3. My Love
4. Live and Let Die
5. Too Much Rain
6. Say Say Say [2015 Remix]
7. My Valentine
8. Goodnight Tonight
9. The World Tonight
10. Pipes of Peace
1. Dance Tonight
2. Here Today
4. Great Day
5. Coming Up
6. No More Lonvely Nights
7. Too Many People
8. Only Mama Knows
9. With a Little Luck
10. Hope For The Future
11. Junk$69.99Vinyl LP Box Set - 4 LPs Sealed Buy Now
Wembley or Bust (Box Set) (Pre-Order)3x 180-Gram Vinyl Box Set
Wembley or Bust is a special release commemorating the June 24th, 2017 performance by Jeff Lynne's ELO at the famed Wembley Stadium in London, England. The Wembley or Bust album is available in a 3 LP vinyl package and serves as a soundtrack for Paul Dugdale's concert film of the same name.
In Wembley or Bust, we see Jeff and his remarkable musical ensemble filling Wembley Stadium with one of the greatest rock & roll spectacles of all time, complete with bells, whistles and spaceships in front of a 60,000 capacity crowd. As Jeff says himself 'It's the best time I ever had in music... It is beyond anything I could have imagined'. More popular than ever, Jeff Lynne's ELO have always been known for their epic live shows and with a distinct style that seamlessly and innovatively blends rock, pop and classical music.
The Wembley or Bust audio and film includes performances of many of the most beloved songs of our lifetime, from vintage ELO classics like Mr. Blue Sky, Livin' Thing and Evil Woman to Do Ya from his days with The Move, Handle With Care which he recorded with the Traveling Wilburys, right through When I Was A Boy from his latest ELO masterpiece, Alone In The Universe.
Jeff Lynne is widely regarded as one of the greatest record producers in music history. In addition to his storied career in ELO, Lynne was a co-founder and member of The Travelling Wilburys together with Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison, George Harrison and Tom Petty as well as a producer and collaborator with some of the biggest names in music including The Beatles, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Joe Walsh, and most recently, Bryan Adams.1. Standin' In The Rain
2. Evil Woman
3. All Over The World
5. Livin' Thing
6. Do Ya
7. When I Was A Boy
8. Handle With Care
9. Last Train to London
12. Can't Get It Out Of My Head
13. 10538 Overture
15. Ma-Ma-Ma Belle
16. Shine A Little Love
17. Wild West Hero
18. Sweet Talkin' Woman
19. Telephone Line
20. Turn To Stone
21. Don't Bring Me Down
22. Mr. Blue Sky
23. Roll Over Beethoven$54.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP Box Set - 3 LPs Sealed PRE-ORDER Buy Now
Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band (Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition) (Compact Disc)Please Note: This Box Set Does Not Contain Vinyl
50th Anniversary Reissue
'Sgt. Pepper' Presented with New Mixes in Stereo and 5.1 Surround Audio; Expanded with Previously Unreleased Session Recordings, Video Features & Special Packaging
Previously Unreleased 1992 Documentary Film, 'The Making of Sgt. Pepper,' Restored for Anniversary Edition's Super Deluxe Boxed Set
Ranked 1/500 On Rolling Stone Magazine's 500 Greatest Albums Of All Time!
It was 50 years ago this June 1st when The Beatles' John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr astonished and delighted the world, ushering in the Summer of Love with Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, a groundbreaking masterwork that became popular music's most universally acclaimed album. To salute the occasion, The Beatles will release a lavishly presented 'Sgt. Pepper' Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition Box Set (4 CD/1 DVD/1 Blu-ray). The album is newly mixed by Giles Martin and Sam Okell in stereo and 5.1 surround audio and expanded with early takes from the studio sessions, including no fewer than 34 previously unreleased recordings.
"It's crazy to think that 50 years later we are looking back on this project with such fondness and a little bit of amazement at how four guys, a great producer and his engineers could make such a lasting piece of art," says Paul McCartney in his newly-penned introduction for the 'Sgt. Pepper' Anniversary Edition.
"'Sgt. Pepper' seemed to capture the mood of that year, and it also allowed a lot of other people to kick off from there and to really go for it," Ringo Starr recalls in the Anniversary Edition's book.
The Beatles' "Strawberry Fields Forever" and "Penny Lane," were among the first songs recorded during the 'Sgt. Pepper' sessions, which began in November 1966. Rather than being held for inclusion on the album, the two songs were released as a double A-sided single in February 1967. Amidst intense media speculation about the band's next move, the single bridged what was then considered a long gap between the Revolver album, released in August 1966, and 'Sgt. Pepper,' which followed 10 months later.
This is the first time Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band has been remixed and presented with additional session recordings, and it is the first Beatles album to be remixed and expanded since the 2003 release of Let It Be Naked. To create the new stereo and 5.1 surround audio mixes for 'Sgt. Pepper,' producer Giles Martin and mix engineer Sam Okell worked with an expert team of engineers and audio restoration specialists at Abbey Road Studios in London. All of the Anniversary Edition releases include Martin's new stereo mix of the album, which was sourced directly from the original four-track session tapes and guided by the original, Beatles-preferred mono mix produced by his father, George Martin.
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition includes:
- CD 1: New stereo album mix
- CDs 2 & 3:
- 33 additional recordings from the studio sessions, most previously unreleased and mixed for the first time from the four-track session tapes, sequenced in chronological order of their recording dates
- A new stereo mix of "Penny Lane" and the 2015 stereo mix of "Strawberry Fields Forever"
- CD 4:
- Direct transfers of the album's original mono mix and the "Strawberry Fields Forever" and "Penny Lane" singles
- Capitol Records' U.S. promotional mono single mix of "Penny Lane"
- Previously unreleased early mono mixes of "She's Leaving Home," "A Day In The Life," and "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds" (a mix thought to have been erased from a tape in 1967, but discovered during archive research for the anniversary edition)
- Discs 5 & 6 (Blu-ray and DVD):
- New 5.1 surround audio mixes of the album and "Penny Lane" by Giles Martin and Sam Okell, plus their 2015 5.1 surround mix of "Strawberry Fields Forever"
- High resolution audio versions of the new stereo mixes of the album and "Penny Lane" and of the 2015 stereo mix of "Strawberry Fields Forever"
- Video features: 4K restored original promotional films for "Strawberry Fields Forever," "Penny Lane," and "A Day In The Life;" plus The Making of Sgt. Pepper, a restored, previously unreleased documentary film (broadcast in 1992), featuring insightful interviews with McCartney, Harrison, and Starr, and in-studio footage introduced by George Martin.
"A splendid time is guaranteed for all"
The album's vibrant artwork, including its extravagant Pop Art cover which finds The Beatles surrounded by a crowd of heroes in a 3D collage, was created by Peter Blake and Jann Haworth in collaboration with the band. The original artwork is showcased across the suite of Anniversary Edition releases, including the album's pull-out sheet of 'Sgt. Pepper' cutouts. Housed in a 12-inch by 12-inch box with lenticular artwork and two bonus posters, the six-disc Super Deluxe set is presented with a 144-page hardcover book. The book includes new introductions by Paul McCartney and Giles Martin, and chapters covering comprehensive song-by-song details and recording information, the design of the cover, the album's musical innovations and its historical context by Beatles historian, author and radio producer Kevin Howlett; composer and musicologist Howard Goodall; music producer and writer Joe Boyd; and journalists Ed Vulliamy and Jeff Slate, illustrated with rare photographs, reproductions of handwritten lyrics, Abbey Road Studios documentation, and original 'Sgt. Pepper' print ads.
- "We hope you will enjoy the show"
Just as many ideas are sparked by chance, 'Sgt. Pepper' first sprang from a conversation between Paul and Beatles roadie Mal Evans on an airplane, when Mal's request to pass the salt and pepper was misheard by Paul as "Sgt. Pepper." The concept of who such a figure could be took root in Paul's mind, blooming with the imagination of The Beatles as an Edwardian era military band -- "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band." The Beatles' creative wellspring for 'Sgt. Pepper' also flowed from such myriad sources as The Beach Boys' Pet Sounds album, a Victorian circus poster ("Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite!"), a TV commercial for breakfast cereal ("Good Morning Good Morning"), a picture drawn by John's young son, Julian ("Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds"), a teen runaway reported in the news ("She's Leaving Home'), and Hindu teachings ("Within You Without You").
"Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song"
Using the standard four-track tape recording equipment of the day, The Beatles collaborated with producer George Martin to achieve "the impossible," as they dubbed it, to go as far out as they could with arrangements and new technology to realize their collective vision for Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. As George Martin described it, "We were into another kind of art form where you were putting something down on tape that could only be done on tape." The Beatles clocked more than 400 hours in Abbey Road's Studio 2 to record the album, wrapping sessions in April 1967.
"I read the news today oh boy"
Upon its release on June 1, 1967, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band initially spent 148 weeks in the British chart, including a total of 27 weeks at number one. During its first U.S. chart run, the album held the number one spot for 15 of the 88 weeks it appeared in the Top 200. 'Sgt. Pepper' won four GRAMMY Awards®, including Album of the Year, and it remains one of the most influential and bestselling albums of all time. In 2003, the U.S. Library of Congress selected 'Sgt. Pepper' for the National Recording Registry, recognizing the album as "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant." 'Sgt. Pepper' tops Rolling Stone magazine's definitive list of the "500 Greatest Albums of All Time."
This title is not eligible for for further discount.CD 1: 'Sgt. Pepper' 2017 Stereo Mix
1. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
2. With A Little Help From My Friends
3. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
4. Getting Better
5. Fixing A Hole
6. She's Leaving Home
7. Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite!
8. Within You Without You
9. When I'm Sixty-Four
10. Lovely Rita
11. Good Morning Good Morning
12. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
13. A Day In The Life
CD 2: Complete early takes from the sessions, sequenced in chronological order of their first recording dates
1. Strawberry Fields Forever [Take 1]
2. Strawberry Fields Forever [Take 4]
3. Strawberry Fields Forever [Take 7]
4. Strawberry Fields Forever [Take 26]
5. Strawberry Fields Forever [Stereo Mix - 2015]
6. When I'm Sixty-Four [Take 2]
7. Penny Lane [Take 6 - Instrumental]
8. Penny Lane [Vocal Overdubs And Speech]
9. Penny Lane [Stereo Mix - 2017]
10. A Day In The Life [Take 1]
11. A Day In The Life [Take 2]
12. A Day In The Life [Orchestra Overdub]
13. A Day In The Life (Hummed Last Chord) [Takes 8, 9, 10 and 11]
14. A Day In The Life (The Last Chord)
15. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band [Take 1 - Instrumental]
16. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band [Take 9 And Speech]
17. Good Morning Good Morning [Take 1 - Instrumental, Breakdown]
18. Good Morning Good Morning [Take 8]
CD 3: Complete early takes from the sessions, sequenced in chronological order of their first recording dates
1. Fixing A Hole [Take 1]
2. Fixing A Hole [Speech And Take 3]
3. Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite! [Speech From Before Take 1; Take 4 And Speech At End]
4. Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite! [Take 7]
5. Lovely Rita [Speech And Take 9]
6. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds [Take 1 And Speech At The End]
7. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds [Speech, False Start And Take 5]
8. Getting Better [Take 1 - Instrumental And Speech At The End]
9. Getting Better [Take 12]
10. Within You Without You [Take 1 - Indian Instruments Only]
11. Within You Without You [George Coaching The Musicians]
12. She's Leaving Home [Take 1 - Instrumental]
13. She's Leaving Home [Take 6 - Instrumental]
14. With A Little Help From My Friends [Take 1 - False Start And Take 2 - Instrumental]
15. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) [Speech And Take 8]
CD 4: 'Sgt. Pepper' and bonus tracks in Mono
(Tracks 1-13: 2017 Direct Transfer of 'Sgt. Pepper' Original Mono Mix)
14. Strawberry Fields Forever [Original Mono Mix]
15. Penny Lane [Original Mono Mix]
16. A Day In The Life [Unreleased First Mono Mix]
17. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds [Unreleased Mono Mix - No. 11]
18. She's Leaving Home [Unreleased First Mono Mix]
19. Penny Lane [Capitol Records U.S. Promo Single - Mono Mix]
DISCS 5 & 6 (Blu-ray & DVD)
Audio Features (both discs):
- New 5.1 Surround Audio mixes of 'Sgt. Pepper' album and "Penny Lane," plus 2015 5.1 Surround mix of "Strawberry Fields Forever" (Blu-ray: DTS HD Master Audio 5.1, Dolby True HD 5.1 / DVD: DTS Dolby Digital 5.1)
- High Resolution Audio versions of 2017 'Sgt. Pepper' stereo mix and 2017 "Penny Lane" stereo mix, plus 2015 "Strawberry Fields Forever" hi res stereo mix (Blu-ray: LPCM Stereo 96KHz/24bit / DVD: LPCM Stereo)
Video Features (both discs):
- The Making of Sgt. Pepper [restored 1992 documentary film, previously unreleased]
- Promotional Films: "A Day In The Life;" "Strawberry Fields Forever;" "Penny Lane" [4K restored]$149.99CD + DVD + Blu-ray Box Set - 4 CDs Sealed Buy Now
- CD 1: New stereo album mix
Magical Mystery Tour (Collector's Box) (Out Of Stock)Deluxe Box Set With, DVD, Blu-Ray, Book and Double 7" 45RPM Vinyl.
The Beatles Classic 1967 feature film has been restored for worldwide release.
This limited edition deluxe version comes in a 10" x 10" box, which contains the DVD & Blu-Ray, as well as a 60 page book with background information, photographs and documentation from the production and also a faithful reproduction of the mono double 7" vinyl EP of the films six new Beatles songs, originally issued in the UK to complement the films 1967 release.
MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR SPECIAL FEATURES:
- Director's Commentary by Paul McCartney
- The Making of Magical Mystery Tour (19m 05s) - Features interviews with Paul and Ringo, along with other cast members and crew. Includes unseen footage.
- Ringo the actor (2m 30s) - Ringo reflecting on his role in the film.
- Meet The Supporting Cast (11m 27s) - A feature on the background and careers of Nat Jackley, Jessie Robins, Ivor Cutler, The Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band, Victor Spinetti, George Claydon, and Derek Royle.
- Your Mother Should Know(2m 35s) Blue Jay Way(3m 53s) The Fool On The Hill (3m 05s) - Three new edits of these performances all featuring footage not seen in the original film.
Blu-Ray features the original film restored.
DVD features the original film restored.Side 1
1. Magical Mystery Tour
2. Your Mother Should Know
1. I Am The Walrus
1. The Fool On The Hill
1. Blue Jay Way$89.99Deluxe Box Set With, DVD, Blu-Ray, Book and Double 7 45RPM Vinyl - Sealed Temporarily out of stock