Mastered From The Original Master Tapes By Joe Gastwirt Mastering
Lacquer Cut By Kevin Gray At Cohearant Audio
Plated And Pressed On 200-Gram Vinyl At Quality Record Pressings
Stoughton Printing Gatefold Tip-on Heavyweight Cardboard Jacket
It took a bass player to return vocals to their proper place on Duets - a record that's a model of simplicity. On the tracks on this LP you'll find Rob Wasserman's bass, and another voice. The result is a charming collection of duets featuring bassist Wasserman joined by special guests Aaron Neville, Rickie Lee Jones, Bobby McFerrin, Lou Reed, Jennifer Warnes, Dan Hicks, Cheryl Bentyne and Stephane Grappelli. The experimental release pairs the human voice with the bass guitar, resulting in a collection of unique and soulful material.
Unlike much of current music, where vocals are squelched and compression molded into something of an afterthought, Wasserman sought to create on Duets a music record - without technology interfering. It's kinda like being in a club. It lets you get closer to the song, Wasserman says.
Not surprisingly, Duets ranks among the most breathtaking collections of popular songs issued in the 1980s.
This title is not eligible for discount.
1. Stardust (Aaron Neville)
2. The Moon Is Made Of Gold (Rickie Lee Jones)
3. Brothers (Bobby McFerrin)
4. Duet - Featuring Rob Wasserman (Rob Wasserman)
5. One For My Baby (And One More For The Road) (Lou Reed)
6. Ballad Of The Runaway Horse (Jennifer Warnes)
7. Gone With The Wind (Dan Hicks)
8. Angel Eyes (Cheryl Bentyne)
9. Over The Rainbow (Stephane Grappelli)