- Lowest Price
- Highest Price
Rodrigo Y Gabriela (Deluxe)Mexico City's Rodrigo y Gabriela originally released their self-titled breakthrough album in 2006 and are now excited to announce a 10-year anniversary deluxe edition for 2017 that will be released via ATO Records. The deluxe edition will include a 2-LP set including both a re-mastered version of the original album and a 2006 performance, live from Olympia Theatre in Dublin.
Affectionately known to fans as "the Crocodile album", the original record has sold nearly one million copies worldwide and the global success of the album, together with endless touring, established Rod & Gab as one of the most popular acoustic instrumental artists in the world.
"We are busy at work on our new record, but looking back at this album, it's good to be reminded of how far we've come in ten years," said Rodrigo. "We had some crazy times in Ireland, and made many great friends there," added Gabriela. "The fans are so passionate about music, this is a thank you to them and our time in Dublin."
Rodrigo y Gabriela was produced by John Leckie (My Morning Jacket, Radiohead, The Stone Roses) and mastered by Robyn Robins, who also did the re-master. The vinyl version will be a double album on 180-heavyweight vinyl.LP 1: Rodrigo Y Gabriela (2016 Remaster)
2. Diablo Rojo
6. Stairway To Heaven
8. Juan Loco
LP 2: Rodrigo Y Gabriela - Live At The Olympia Theatre 2006
7. Medley: One / Take 5
8. Mr. Tang
9. Diablo Rojo$45.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
9 Dead AliveAcoustic rock maestros Rodrigo y Gabriela's 9 Dead Alive was recorded and produced by Rod and Gab at their studio in Ixtapa, Mexico. Mixing was handled by Andrew Scheps (Black Sabbath, Adele, Metallica, Lana Del Rey) in Los Angeles.
9 Dead Alive sees Rodrigo y Gabriela playing face to face, guitar versus guitar, bursting with melodic energy and rhythmic invention. Recorded at their Pacific Coast hideaway in late summer, the album captures the warmth and spontaneity of two great musicians locked in together; perfectly distilled into nine new songs teeming with desire, elegance and gusto.1. The Soundmaker (inspired by Antonio de Torres Jurado: 1817 - 1892)
2. Torito (inspired by animals and nature)
3. Sunday Neurosis (inspired by Viktor Frankl: 1905 - 1997)
4. Misty Moses (inspired by Harriet Tubman: 1820 - 1913)
5. Somnium (inspired by Sor Juana Ines de la Cruz: 1651 - 1695)
6. Fram (inspired by Fridtjof Nansen: 1861 - 1930)
7. Megalopolis (inspired by Gabriela Mistral: 1889 - 1957)
8. The Russian Messenger (inspired by Fyodor Dostoyevsky: 1821 - 1881)
9. La Salle Des Pas Perdus (inspired by Eleanor of Acquitane: 1122 - 1204)$19.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
11:11 (Awaiting Repress)If their self-titled debut was a successful attempt at capturing the unbridled dynamic energy of their incendiary gigs (mostly recorded live in the studio, with very few overdubs); then [11:11] sees them developing their core sound into something more sophisticated, intricate and varied. At the heart of the sound is still the stunning interplay between Rodrigo s dazzling lead work and Gabriela s unique rhythm play; but the base soundscape is now subtly supplemented by percussion, occasional piano and a fresh arsenal of stringed instruments from around the world, including oud and sitar. And - whisper it quietly the introduction here and there of electric guitar.1. Hanuman
2. Buster Voodoo
5. Santo Domingo
6. Master Maqui (feat. Strunz & Farah)
8. Hora Zero
9. Chac Mool
10. Atman (feat. Alex Skolnick)
11. 11:11$19.99Vinyl LP - Sealed AWAITING REPRESS Buy Now
Inferno (Awaiting Repress)Former MEGADETH guitarist Marty Friedman will release Inferno, his first solo album of original material in four years, via Prosthetic Records. The album was recorded primarily in Los Angeles with engineer Chris Rakestraw (DANZIG, CHILDREN OF BODOM) and mixed by Jens Bogren (OPETH, AMON AMARTH) - features what Friedman recently told Guitar World is the most intense writing and playing I can do. The album also includes notable guest appearances by several artists influenced by Friedman, including flamenco/metal acoustic guitar duo RODRIGO Y GABRIELA, CHILDREN OF BODOM frontman Alexi Laiho, SKYHARBOR mastermind Keshav Dhar and REVOCATION guitar whiz David Davidson, as well as Friedman's first songwriting collaboration with Jason Becker since the pair played together in CACOPHONY, the pioneering duo of guitar mayhem.
In addition, Inferno breaks all genre rules and creates new ones with an exhilarating and musically daring mash-up with Jørgen Munkeby of the acclaimed blackjazz act SHINING, as well as two tracks featuring vocals by rock guru Danko Jones. Overall, Inferno is by fa Friedman's most thrilling and adventurous effort to date.
- Blabbermouth1. Inferno
3. Wicked Panacea (feat. Rodrigo y Gabriela)
4. Steroidhead (feat. Keshav Dhar)
5. I Can't Relax (feat. Danko Jones)
6. Meat Hook (feat. Jørgen Munkeby)
7. Hyper Doom
8. Sociopaths (feat. David Davidson)
9. Lycanthrope (feat. Alexi Laiho & Danko Jones)
11. Horrors (co-written by Jason Becker)
12. Inferno (reprise)$22.99Vinyl LP - Sealed AWAITING REPRESS Buy Now