- Lowest Price
- Highest Price
Black CadillacIn the time that Rosanne Cash began writing and recording Black Cadillac, she lost her father Johnny Cash, her
mother and stepmother as well. This album is a reflection of her attempt to process her grief, with open and direct
songs without self-pity.
Appearing on vinyl for the first time, this standard weight vinyl is being reissued in celebration of Capitol Records'
75th anniversary.1. Black Cadillac
2. Radio Operator
3. I Was Watching You
4. Burn Down This Town
5. God Is In The Roses
6. House On The Lake
7. The World Unseen
8. Like Fugitives
9. Dreams Are Not My Home
10. Like A Wave
11. World Without Sound
12. The Good Intent$19.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
King's Record ShopThe 30th Anniversary of King's Record Shop is on 12 180-gram vinyl.
Originally released through Columbia Records on June 26, 1987, King's Record Shop proved a pivotal album in the career of Rosanne Cash and in the emergence of Americana as an heir to traditional country music. After working on a series of albums which contained singles introducing a new wave/pop sound to America's country charts, producer Rodney Crowell shifted gears on King's Record Shop to bring a more roots-oriented, contemporary folk approach to the genre.
One of the most critically-acclaimed albums of Cash's discography, King's Record Shop generated four #1 hits on the Billboard Country charts: her covers of Johnny Cash's (her father's) Tennessee Flat Top Box, John Hiatt's The Way We Make a Broken Heart, and John Stewart's Runaway Train as well as If You Change Your Mind, a song she'd co-written with steel guitar player Hank DeVito (who shot the photos used on the iconic front cover of King's Record Shop).1. Rosie Strike Back
2. The Way We Make A Broken Heart
3. If You Change Your Mind
4. The Real Me
5. Somewhere Sometime
6. Runaway Train
7. Tennessee Flat-Top Box
8. I Don't Have To Crawl
9. Green, Yellow And Red
10. Why Don't You Quit Leaving Me Alone$19.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
The River & The ThreadI went back to where I was born, and these songs started arriving in me, says Rosanne Cash. All these things happened that made me feel a deeper connection to the South than I ever had. We started finding these great stories, and the melodies that went with those experiences.
With The River and the Thread, Cash has added the next chapter to a remarkable period of creativity. Her last two albums, Black Cadillac (2006) and The List (2009), were both nominated for Grammy Awards; The List-an exploration of essential songs as selected and given to Rosanne by her father, Johnny Cash-was also named Album of the Year by the Americana Music Association. In addition, her best-selling 2010 memoir, Composed, was described by the Chicago Tribune as one of the best accounts of an American life you will likely ever read.
Cash, who has charted 21 Top 40 country singles, including 11 Number Ones, wrote all of the new album's songs with her longtime collaborator (and husband) John Leventhal, who also served as producer, arranger, and guitarist. Featuring a long list of guests-from young guns like John Paul White (The Civil Wars) and Derek Trucks to such legends as John Prine and Tony Joe White-The River and the Thread is a kaleidoscopic examination of the geographic, emotional, and historic landscape of the American South. The album's unique sound, which draws from country, blues, gospel, and rock, reflects the soulful mix of music that traces its history to the region.
Rosanne Cash acknowledges that, even with fifteen albums and four books behind her, it was difficult to start writing songs again after spending several years immersed in the masterful compositions featured on The List. You cannot keep that in your mind, except as an inspiration, a standard to aspire to, she says. To say, 'I'm going to write a song as great as Take These Chains'-you're not! So the only way to not get dismantled by that is to stay connected to your own muse, and immerse yourself completely in what you're doing so it can be as rich and authentic as it can possibly be. That's all you can hope for.
With The River and the Thread, she has risen to that challenge-and emerged with a beautiful and haunting album, one of the finest works in an extraordinary career.1. A Feather's Not A Bird
2. The Sunken Lands
3. Etta's Tune
4. Modern Blue
5. Tell Heaven
6. The Long Way Home
7. World Of Strange Design
8. Night School
9. 50,000 Watts
10. When The Master Calls The Roll
11. Money Road$19.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Bootleg Volume 4: The Soul Of TruthJohnny Cash is almost as well known for his spotted past as for his redemption.
This fourth volume of the Bootleg Series focuses on the religious side of The Man In Black, showcasing the best of his Gospel on three 180 grams audiophile vinyl albums.
Songs of Faith that were recorded during the 1970's and 1980's, this is a collection of previously unreleased and out-of-print studio material (including an unreleased 1975 Gospel album) and features duets and collaborations with June Carter Cash, Rosanne Cash, Cindy Cash, Anita Carter, Helen Carter, Rodney Crowell, Jessi Colter, and others.
Released on the heels of the 2CD release, the volume comes in a 10mm sleeve with a 20 page booklet filled with highly personal liner notes by his son John Carter Cash!LP1
1. Wings In The Morning
2. Gospel Boogie (A Wonderful Time Up There)
3. Over The Next Hill (We'll Be Home) (Johnny Cash with Anita Carter and The Carter Family)
4. He's Alive
5. I've Got Jesus In My Soul (Johnny Cash with The Carter Family)
6. When He Comes (Johnny Cash with Rosanne Cash and The Carter Family)
7. I Was There When It Happened (Johnny Cash with Marshall Grant and The Carter Family)
8. I'm A Newborn Man (Johnny Cash with The Carter Family)
9. Strange Things Happening Everyday
10. Children Go Where I Send Thee
11. I'm Just An Old Chunk Of Coal (Johnny Cash with The Carter Family)
12. Lay Me Down In Dixie (Johnny Cash with Cindy Cash and The Carter Family)
13. Don't Take Everybody To Be Your Friend (Johnny Cash with The Carter Family)
14. You'll Get Yours And I'll Get Mine (Johnny Cash, with Rodney Crowell and The Carter Family)
15. Oh Come, Angel Band
16. This Train Is Bound For Glory (Johnny Cash with The Carter Family)
1. I'm Gonna Try To Be That Way (Johnny Cash, With Jan Howard And The Carter Family)
2. What On Earth (Will You Do For Heaven's Sake)
3. That's Enough
4. The Greatest Cowboy Of Them All
5. Didn't It Rain
6. He Touched Me (Johnny Cash With Rodney Crowell And The Carter Family)
7. Way Worn Traveler (Johnny Cash With Helen Carter)
8. I'll Have A New Life (Johnny Cash With June Carter Cash)
10. Back In The Fold
11. Look Unto The East
12. I Was There When It Happened
14. Would You Recognize Jesus
15. That's Just Like Jesus
16. What On Earth Will You Do (For Heaven's Sake)
17. Keep Me From Blowing Away
18. Don't Give Up On Me
1. Over The Next Hill (We'll Be Home)
2. Waiting On The Far Side Banks Of Jordan (Johnny Cash With June Carter Cash)
3. Our Little Old Home Town
5. My Children Walk In Truth
6. The Old Rugged Cross (Johnny Cash, With Jessi Colter)
7. One Of These Days I'm Gonna Sit Down And Talk To Paul
8. God Ain't No Stained Glass Window
9. Half A Mile A Day
10. Another Wide River To Cross
11. You're Drifting Away
12. Believe In Him
13. Over There
14. Gospel Road
15. What Is Man
16. Wildwood In The Pines
17. Never Grow Old$69.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 3 LPs Sealed Buy Now
Holidays Rule Vol. 2Holidays Rule Volume 2, a joyful and diverse collection of seasonal music featuring an array of convivial contributions from across the musical spectrum, is set for release via Capitol Records.
The set is a sequel to the popular 2012 collection, and features 16 new recordings by beloved artists including Norah Jones, Grace Potter, Rosanne Cash, The Decemberists, and Lake Street Dive, alongside up and coming artists such as Barns Courtney, Albin Lee Meldau, Calum Scott, Kandace Springs, and Vera Blue. The album delves into an unusually rich assemblage of Pop, R&B, Rock, Americana, Jazz, Mariachi, and more.
Holidays Rule Volume 2 lets today's artists put their own mark on tradition by offering wonderfully fresh takes on holiday chestnuts old and new (Barns Courtney and Lennon Stella remake 'Baby, It's Cold Outside'; Judah & The Lion reinvents 'The Christmas Song'; Albin Lee Meldau delivers a soulful version of Mariah Carey's 'All I Want For Christmas Is You'), reframing songs for the holiday season (The Decemberists cover Big Star's 'Jesus Christ'; Norah Jones covers Horace Silver's 'Peace'; MUNA covers McCartney's 'Pipes of Peace'), unearthing rarities (Kandace Springs delivers a glistening new version of '(Everybody's Waitin' For) The Man With The Bag'; Rosanne Cash dusts off Louis Jordan's 'May Ev'ry Day Be Christmas'; Lake Street Dive offers up the cheeky novelty song 'I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas'), and contributing new songs to the seasonal repertoire (Grace Potter's original song 'Christmas Moon').1. Paul McCartney, Jimmy Fallon and The Roots - Wonderful Christmastime
2. Barns Courtney Feat. Lennon Stella - Baby, It's Cold Outside
3. Albin Lee Meldau - All I Want For Christmas Is You
4. Calum Scott - It's Beginning To Look Like Christmas
5. Kandace Springs - (Everybody's Waitin For) The Man With The Bag
6. Norah Jones - Peace (Live at the Sheen Center)
7. Grace Potter - Christmas Moon
8. Rosanne Cash - May Ev'ry Day Be Christmas
9. Judah & The Lion - The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire)
10. The Decemberists - Jesus Christ
11. Lake Street Dive - I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas
12. Flor De Toloache - That's What I Want For Christmas
13. Vera Blue - A Winter Romance
14. MUNA - Pipes of Peace
15. US Girls - Blue Christmas
16. Andrew McMahon - What Are You Doing New Year's Eve$19.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Jeff BridgesJeff Bridges self-titled major-label debut album reunites the celebrated actor with his Crazy Heart collaborator, the Grammy Award and Oscar-winning songwriter, musician and producer T Bone Burnett. The album is an organic extension and culmination of a 30-year personal, professional, and now musical friendship between Bridges and Burnett.
It features songs by a host of world-class songwriters, including Burnetts Crazy Heart collaborators the late Stephen Bruton and John Goodwin as well as Greg Brown alongside several written or co-written by Bridges himself. To perform the songs, Burnett assembled a number of his key repertory players, including keyboardist Keefus Ciancia, guitarist Marc Ribot, bassist Dennis Crouch, pedal steel guitarist Russ Pahl and drummer Jay Bellerose, as well as guest vocalists Rosanne Cash, Ryan Bingham, Sam Phillips and Benji Hughes.1. What A Little Bit Of Love Can Do
2. Falling Short
3. Everything But Love
4. Tumbling Vine
5. Nothing Yet
6. Blue Car
7. Maybe I Missed The Point
8. Slow Boat
9. Either Way
10. The Quest$24.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
To All The Girls...Decades of heartfelt performances and compositions in popular music have long solidified Willie's reputation as one of country's greatest romantics. To All The Girls... continues Nelson's musicial relationships with some of the most talented women in country, pop, and soul.
Among the centerpieces of To All The Girls... is the emotional duet with Dolly Parton, From Here To The Moon and Back, a song Parton wrote for the 2012 motion picture Joyful Noise. Willie also tackles the Bill Withers' classic Grandma's Hands with Mavis Staples, duets with Sheryl Crow on The Great American Songbook selection Far Away Places, and brings a new shade to his self penned classic Always On My Mind with Carrie Underwood.
Willie is also joined by familiar contemporaries including Emmylou Harris, Alison Krauss, Miranda Lambert, Norah Jones and Rosanne Cash. To All The Girls... reunites Willie with producer Buddy Cannon, who worked with Willie on his most recent successful releases, Heroes and Let's Face The Music And Dance.
Having turned 80 years old in April, Willie Nelson has no intentions of riding off into the sunset. Since signing to Legacy Recordings, Nelson has been steadily recording an releasing albums with the same rough-and-ready spirit of his timeless recordsing for RCA and Columbia Records. Heroes was praised by Uncut for being as spirited as it is poignant. Of 2013's Let's Face The Music And Dance, Paste cheered for his strongest and most engaged performances in a decade.LP 1
1. Dolly Parton - From Here To The Moon And Back
2. Miranda Lambert - She Was No Good For Me
3. Secret Sisters - It Won't Be Very Long
4. Rosanne Cash - Please Don't Tell Me
5. Sheryl Crow - Far Away Places
6. Wynonna Judd - Bloody Mary Morning
7. Carrie Underwood - Always On My Mind
8. Loretta Lynn - Somewhere Between
9. Alison Krauss - No Mas Amor
10. Melonie Cannon - Back On Earth
1. Mavis Staples - Grandma's Hands
2. Norah Jones - Walkin'
3. Shelby Lynne - Til The End Of The World
4. Lily Meola - Will You Remember Mine
5. Emmylou Harris - Dry Lightning
6. Brandi Carlile - Making Believe
7. Paula Nelson - Have You Ever Seen The Rain
8. Tina Rose - After The Fire Is Gone$34.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now