- Lowest Price
- Highest Price
asyncAs one-third of Yellow Magic Orchestra and an Academy Award-winning composer for his work on the soundtrack for The Last Emperor, synth pop innovator Ryuichi Sakamoto is among the most groundbreaking artists to have emerged since the late 70s. A musician's musician, Ryuichi Sakamoto has created intriguing musical unions with artists such as David Sylvian, Iggy Pop, Tony Williams, Bootsy Collins, Jacques Morelenbaum and many others.
async is Ryuichi Sakamoto's first studio album in eight years. This is his most personal release as it follows a long fight against cancer from which Ryuichi Sakamoto emerged with a renewed and passionate creative energy.
What kind of sounds/music do I want to listen to?
async is the answer to this question Ryuichi has asked himself for the past several years. This is the album he is the most proud of which synthesizes all of his musical and sound interests. This is a journey through analog synth, the sounds of things and of places, an imaginary soundtrack to an Andrei Tarkovsky film and many others musical surprises.LP 1
3. LIFE, LIFE
7. water state 2$30.99Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
Englaborn & VariationsDeutsche Grammophon releases a newly-remastered version of Jóhann Jóhannsson's critically-acclaimed debut album, Englabörn, combined with a complete album of brand new reworks, Variations. Variations features reworks by artists such as Ryuichi Sakamoto, Theater of Voices, Alex Somers and fellow DG artist Vikingur Olafsson. This double album, beginning with the haunting track "Odi et Amo," takes the listener on a journey through Jóhannsson's unique sound-world.LP 1
1. Odi et Amo (Remastered 2017)
2. Englabörn (Remastered 2017)
3. Jói & Karen (Remastered 2017)
4. ?etta gerist á bestu bæjum (Remastered 2017)
5. Sálfræ?ingur (Remastered 2017)
6. Ég sleppi ?Ér aldrei (Remastered 2017)
7. Sálfræ?ingur deyr (Remastered 2017)
8. Ba? (Remastered 2017)
9. Ég heyr?i allt án ?ess a? hlusta (Remastered 2017)
10. Karen b?r til engil (Remastered 2017)
11. Englabörn - tilbrig?i (Remastered 2017)
12. Ég átti gráa æsku (Remastered 2017)
13. Krókódíll (Remastered 2017)
14. Ef Ég hef?i aldrei (Remastered 2017)
15. eins og venjulegt fólk (Remastered 2017)
16. Odi et Amo - bis (Remastered 2017)
1. Ég heyr?i allt án ?ess a? hlusta (A Winged Victory for the Sullen Rework)
2. Odi et Amo (Jóhannsson/Donadello Rework)
3. Englabörn (Víkingur ?lafsson Piano Version)
4. Jói & Karen (Ryuichi Sakamoto Rework)
5. Holy Thursday (Ég heyr?i allt án ?ess a? hlusta) (Theatre of Voices Version)
6. Englabörn (Viktor Orri ?rnason Rework)
7. Odi et Amo - bis (Alex Somers Rework)
8. Sálfræ?ingur deyr (Hildur Gu?nadóttir Rework)
9. Odi et Amo - bis (Jóhannsson/Donadello Rework)
10. eins og venjulegt fólk (Paul Corley Rework)
11. Odi et Amo (Theatre of Voices Version)$35.99Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
async remodelsAs one-third of Yellow Magic Orchestra and an Academy Award-winning composer for his work on the soundtrack for The Last Emperor, synth pop innovator Ryuichi Sakamoto is among the most groundbreaking artists to have emerged since the late 70s. A musician's musician, Ryuichi Sakamoto has created intriguing musical unions with artists such as David Sylvian, Iggy Pop, Tony Williams, Bootsy Collins, Jacques Morelenbaum and many others.
Following the massively successful release of the electronic masterpiece async in 2017, Ryuichi Sakamoto's first studio album in eight years, Milan is proud to announce the remix compilation async remodels. async remodels features a dozen remixes of async's tracks by a who's-who of experimental giants - everyone from Icelandic composer Jóhann Jóhannsson (Arrival, Sicario) to Oneohtrix Point Never (composer of Good Times) to Arca (producer of Bjork's numerous releases) have gotten their hands dirty remixing Sakamoto's work. Even reworks by the Canadian synthpop duo Electric Youth and Austin-based synthwave legends S U R V I V E are included.
async remodels is also getting the vinyl treatment. Pressed on a pair of 180g black LPs for superior audio quality and housed in a matte coated gatefold jacket, this is one vinyl release Sakamoto fans can't afford to miss.LP 1
1. andata (Oneohtrix Point Never Remix)
2. andata (Electric Youth Remix)
3. disintegration (Alva Noto Remodel)
4. async (ARCA Remix)
5. fullmoon (Motion Graphics Remix)
6. solari (Fennesz Remix)
1. solari (Jóhann Jóhannsson Rework)
2. ZURE (Yves Tumor Obsession Edit)
3. fullmoon (S U R V I V E Version)
4. ZURE (Cornelius Remix)
5. Life, Life (Andy Stott Remodel)$30.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
The Revenant Soundtrack180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl
Matte Tip-On Gatefold Jacket
Limited Edition Of 3000 On Pearlescent Colored Vinyl
Following the success of 2014's Birdman (Winner of four Academy Awards including Best Picture and Best Director), director Alejandro G. Iñárritu pushes the limits of film making with the survival epic The Revenant. Starring Leonardo DiCaprio (Titanic, Wolf of Wall Street), Tom Hardy (Mad Max: Fury Road, The Dark Knight Rises) and shot in the frozen Canadian wilderness with only natural lighting, The Revenant is a story of loss, revenge and resilience in the face of impossible odds against the furies of man and nature itself. The film is heavily favored to be a critical darling as awards season gets under way. Director Iñárritu has chosen to forgo almost all dialogue in favor of a gorgeous soundscape and a sweeping score. A film of this magnitude deserves a composer who understands creative artistry and unbridled passion. Japanese master and Oscar winner Ryuichi Sakamoto (Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence, The Last Emperor) fits the bill perfectly. Along with fellow Yellow Magic Orchestra member and frequent collaborator Alva Noto, Sakamoto has created a gripping soundtrack that is sure to be a treat for the winter crowds. Bryce Dessner (writer for Kronos Quartet and the LA Phil) also supplies additional music.
This is a limited pressing of 3,000 copies on pearlescent colored vinyl (one translescent blue, one cloud white).LP 1
1. The Revenant Main Theme
2. Hawk Punished
3. Carrying Glass
4. First Dream
5. Killing Hawk
6. Discovering River
7. Goodbye To Hawk
8. Discover Buffalo
9. Hell Ensemble
10. Glass And Buffalo Warrior Travel
11. Arriving At The For Kiowa
12. Church Dream
13. Powaqa Rescue
1. Imagining Buffalo
2. The Revenant Theme 2
3. Second Dream
4. Out Of Horse
5. Looking For Glass
6. Cat & Mouse
7. The Revenant Main Theme Atmospheric
8. Final Fight
9. The End
10. The Revevant Theme (Alva Noto Remodel)$35.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
OpeningFor years, I've imagined the work I do in music, photography, and video all coming into one space, says music-tech guru Christopher Willits from his home in San Francisco. It's an ambition that many musicians have aspired to, but nonetheless seems especially befitting of a worldly polymath like Willits. I believe that sound and light, when used intentionally, have the power to transform and inspire our imaginations, he continues. I believe that art has an ability to awaken our connection to everything. And that is exactly what he has set out to do with OPENING, the veteran Ghostly artist's immersive new audio-visual project.
Across seven tracks of widescreen ambient music, 45 minutes of visuals shot over four years in multiple countries, seven bespoke photographs, and a multi-sensory live performance, Willits has conceived and produced something which might better be thought of as an experience than a simple album. Of course, OPENING does feature Willits' latest music since Ancient Future, his 2012 collaboration with Japanese pianist Ryuichi Sakamoto, and the vibrant, enveloping sounds we've come to expect from him are on full display. The quiet majesty of Vision ushers us into the sacred world Willits created, a living universe which billows and heaves in the corners of slow-grooving songs like CLEAR and CONNECT or the
textural minutiae and harmonic subtleties in GROUND. Closing out the album, WIDE and RELEASE o!er the listener a gentle comedown through 15 cumulative minutes of transcendent audio, with Willits' delicate guitar manipulations breathing life into the aether of prickly atmospheres and soft-glowing synths.
The other integral facet to the experience of OPENING is Willits' visual work. After building a library of footage and images from his travels around California, Hawaii, Japan, and Thailand, Willits will unveil for the first time a portion of his videos as an abstract film, the seven scenes of which each correspond with a song and photo from the album. The
45-minute piece uses music and a first-person perspective to tell what Willits calls a very ambiguous story, much in the vein of ground-breaking experimental films Koyaanisqatsi and Baraka. Taken as a whole, OPENING is unlike anything Willits has accomplished before, and maybe that's because the audio-visual project is about expanding one's mind to become something new. Or, as Willits puts it, OPENING is about transformation, the experience of changing oneself to be more of who you know you can be, and, ultimately, the joy that comes with that change.1. Vision
7. Release$18.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Call Me By Your Name SoundtrackImport
180-Gram Audiophile Vinyl
PVC Protective Sleeve
Includes 2 Printed Innersleeves
Includes Insert + Exclusive Poster
Featuring 2 Brand New Songs By Sufjan Stevens Mystery Of Love, Visions Of Gideon Plus A New Mix Of Futile Devices
Songs By Ryuichi Sakamoto, Giorgio Moroder, The Psychedelic Furs And Others
Brand New Multiple Award Winning Movie Plus Pending Nominations
Call Me By Your Name, the new film by Luca Guadagnino, is a sensual and transcendent tale of first love, based on the acclaimed novel by AndrÉ Aciman.
Summer of 1983, Northern Italy. An American-Italian is enamored by an American student who comes to study and live with his family. Together they share an unforgettable summer full of music, food, and romance that will forever change them.
The film received critical acclaim upon its release, being already positively compared to Brokeback Mountain and Moonlight. Critics praised in particular Chalamet, Hammer and Stuhlbarg's performances, Guadagnino's direction and the screenplay. It will be released in the United States on November 24, 2017. It was released in the U.K on October 27, 2017.
Luca Guadagnino wanted the film's music to be connected to Elio, a young pianist who likes to transcribe and adapt pieces in order to get close to Oliver. The music is used to reflect the time, the characters' family, level of education and the kind of canon they would be a part of.
Guadagnino found himself resonating with Sufjan Stevens' lyricism through his work and initially asked Stevens to record an original song. Eventually, Stevens contributed three songs to the soundtrack: Visions of Gideon, which was used at the end of the film, Mystery of Love, which was featured in the film's first trailer and a new rendition of Futile Devices with piano. Stevens penned the songs by using the script, the book, and the conversations with the director about the characters. It marks Sufjan Stevens' first soundtrack for a feature film.
The soundtrack also features songs by Ryuichi Sakamoto, Giorgio Moroder, The Psychedelic Furs and many others.
The vinyl package of Call Me By Your Name includes a poster, an insert and the 180-gram records are housed in 2 exclusive printed innersleeves.LP 1
1. Hallelujah Junction - 1st Movement - John Adams
2. M.A.Y. In The Backyard - Ryuichi Sakamoto
3. J'adore Venise - Loredana Bertè
4. Paris Latino - Bandolero
5. Sonatine Bureaucratique - Frank Glazer
6. "Zion Hört Die WÄchter Singen"- Alessio Bax
7. Lady Lady Lady - Giorgio Moroder & Joe Esposito
1. Une Barque Sur L'ocÉan - AndrÉ Laplante
2. Futile Devices (Doveman Remix) - Sufjan Stevens
3. Germination - Ryuichi Sakamoto
4. Words - F.R. David
5. È La Vita - Marco Armani
6. Mystery Of Love - Sufjan Stevens
7. Radio Varsavia - Franco Battiato
8. Love My Way - The Psychedelic Furs
9. Le Jardin FÉerique - ValÉria Szervánszky & Ronald Cavaye
10. Visions Of Gideon - Sufjan Stevens$41.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now