- Lowest Price
- Highest Price
Box of Souls: A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection
Remastered For Vinyl By James Plotkin
Original Artwork From Mike Saputo
12-Page Booklet Featuring Extensive Liner Notes And Interviews With Key Composers And Cast Members
Death Waltz Recording Co. is proud to present an 8XLP box set containing the entire original scores to A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET, A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 2: FREDDY'S REVENGE, A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 3: DREAM WARRIORS, A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 4: THE DREAM MASTER, A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 5: THE DREAM CHILD, FREDDY'S DEAD: THE FINAL NIGHTMARE and WES CRAVEN'S NEW NIGHTMARE.
A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET is one of the most successful and beloved horror franchises in history and we are thrilled and honored to be releasing the entire series as a vinyl box set featuring 8 LPs from the original series, all remastered for vinyl by James Plotkin with incredible original artwork from Mike Saputo and a 12-page booklet featuring extensive liner notes and interviews with key composers and cast members.
The music of Elm Street is a huge part of the series, each film having its own unique sound and feel. Charles Bernstein created the original score, and Freddy's main theme that was used throughout the series. His score to the first film is nothing short of a landmark horror score and utterly defines American horror in the '80s - super downbeat, eerie and metallic. Christopher Young (HELLRAISER) supplied the score to FREDDY'S REVENGE, and takes the themes down a more orchestral route, layering sounds upon sounds to create a truly scary listen. Angelo Badalamenti (TWIN PEAKS) composed the score DREAM WARRIORS. Here he crafts moody textures and a woodwind section to create a dreamlike score that fits the theme of PART 3 perfectly. Craig Safan was bought on to compose THE DREAM MASTER, and with the help of a synth-clavier synthesizer he created one of the craziest horror scores of the '80s. Yeah, sure, it's scary and creepy, but it's also a ton of fun and totally unique. For THE DREAM CHILD, Jay Ferguson delivers a synth-heavy score with nods to fairground music and layers of church organs and weird choral samples. For THE FINAL NIGHTMARE, Australian composer Brian May mixes electronic and orchestrations to stunning effect and for the final film in the series. In NEW NIGHTMARE J. Peter Robinson gives us a super lush orchestrated nightmare that harkens back to Bernstein's original.A Nightmare On Elm Street
1. Charles Bernstein - Prologue
2. Charles Bernstein - Main Title
3. Charles Bernstein - Laying The Traps
4. Charles Bernstein - Dream Attack
5. Charles Bernstein - Rod Hanged/Night Stalking
6. Charles Bernstein - Jail Cell
7. Charles Bernstein - Confrontation
8. Charles Bernstein - Sleep Clinic
9. Charles Bernstein - Terror In The Tub
10. Charles Bernstein - No Escape
11. Charles Bernstein - School Horror/Stay Awake
12. Charles Bernstein - Lurking
13. Charles Bernstein - Telephone Terror
14. Charles Bernstein - Fountain Of Blood
15. Charles Bernstein - Evil Freddy
16. Charles Bernstein - Final Search
17. Charles Bernstein - Run Nancy
18. Charles Bernstein - Horror Movie (Source Cue)
19. Charles Bernstein - Nancy Glen
20. Charles Bernstein - Funeral
21. Charles Bernstein - Freddy's Hat
22. Charles Bernstein - Bridge Talk
23. Charles Bernstein - Bars On Windows
24. Charles Bernstein - Freddy's Glove
25. Charles Bernstein - Dad At Glen's
26. Charles Bernstein - Boiler Room
27. Charles Bernstein - Show Yourself
28. Charles Bernstein - Morning After
29. Charles Bernstein - Stingers
A Nightmare On Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge
1. Christopher Young - Main Title
2. Christopher Young - ...And Leave The Driving To Us
3. Christopher Young - Furnace Flare-Up
4. Christopher Young - Kissing Freddy On The Catwalk
5. Christopher Young - Chest-Burster
6. Christopher Young - Jump Rope
7. Christopher Young - Fire Bird
8. Christopher Young - Dream Heat
9. Christopher Young - Necromancer's Spell
10. Christopher Young - Kill For Me
11. Christopher Young - Sports Attack/Threatening Angela
12. Christopher Young - Freed Of Her
13. Christopher Young - Snake-In-The-Class
14. Christopher Young - Nightmare On Elm Street Suite - Suite Dreams
A Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
1. Angelo Badalamenti - Opening
2. Angelo Badalamenti - Puppet Walk
3. Angelo Badalamenti - Save The Children
4. Angelo Badalamenti - Taryn's Deepest Fear
5. Angelo Badalamenti - Deceptive Romance
6. Angelo Badalamenti - Snake Attack
7. Angelo Badalamenti - Magic Butterfly
8. Angelo Badalamenti - The Embrace
9. Angelo Badalamenti - Quiet Room/Wheelchair/Icy Bones
10. Angelo Badalamenti - Rumbling Room
11. Angelo Badalamenti - Dreamspace
12. Angelo Badalamenti - The Dream House
13. Angelo Badalamenti - Is Freddy Gone?/Trouble Starting/Prime Time TV/Icy Window
14. Angelo Badalamenti - Grave Walk
15. Angelo Badalamenti - Nursery Theme
16. Angelo Badalamenti - Light's Out
17. Angelo Badalamenti - Dreaming/Basement Chase
18. Angelo Badalamenti - Bathroom Attack/Computer
19. Angelo Badalamenti - Prime Time
20. Angelo Badalamenti - Junkyard Intro/Mom's Head
21. Angelo Badalamenti - Freddy Hell
22. Angelo Badalamenti - Skeleton Fight/Mirrors
23. Angelo Badalamenti - Dad Descends/Nancy Dies
A Nightmare On Elm Street 4: The Dream Master
1. Craig Safan - Kristen's Haunted Dream
2. Craig Safan - Freddy's Back
3. Craig Safan - Kincaid Killed In Junkyard
4. Craig Safan - Joey's Wet Dream
5. Craig Safan - Drugged To Death
6. Craig Safan - Alice Lured Into Dream
7. Craig Safan - Rick's Kung Fu Death
8. Craig Safan - Freddy's Pizza Restaurant
9. Craig Safan - Debbie Checks In/Time Circles
10. Craig Safan - Sheila Sucks Face
11. Craig Safan - Theatre Madness
12. Craig Safan - Freddy's Calliope
13. Craig Safan - Alice Battles Freddy
14. Craig Safan - Corpus Krueger
15. Craig Safan - Locker Scare/Boiler Scare/Bug Scare/Daydream B
16. Craig Safan - Alice At Mirror/Mom Discovers Joey/Kristen Faints/Freddy As Nurse/Daytime House
17. Craig Safan - Alice Looks At Sidewalk/Kristen Dies Part D/Burning Bed/Alice Smokes In Bathroom
18. Craig Safan - Alice Laments/Sleep Clinic/Daydream
19. Craig Safan - Freddy Reflection/Alice Wakes/Mind Over Matter/Hospital Arrival
A Nightmare On Elm Street 5: The Dream Child
1. Jay Ferguson - Prologue - Elm Street Kids
2. Jay Ferguson - Main Title
3. Jay Ferguson - It's A Boy!
4. Jay Ferguson - Freddy Delivers
5. Jay Ferguson - Family Plot
6. Jay Ferguson - Yvonne Takes The Plunge
7. Jay Ferguson - Mr. Sandman, Bring Me A Dream
8. Jay Ferguson - Don't Dream And Drive
9. Jay Ferguson - Like Father, Like Son
10. Jay Ferguson - Mark Visits Elm Street
11. Jay Ferguson - Hell On Wheels
12. Jay Ferguson - Another Brick In The Wall
13. Jay Ferguson - Stuffed/Choked (Gag Me With A Spoon)
14. Jay Ferguson - Shower
15. Jay Ferguson - The Asylum
16. Jay Ferguson - There Was A Crooked Man
17. Jay Ferguson - Freddy's Stroller
18. Jay Ferguson - Super Freddy
19. Jay Ferguson - Twins
20. Jay Ferguson - Freddy Cuts Up
21. Jay Ferguson - Mr. And Mrs. Jordan
22. Jay Ferguson - Party At Club Fred
23. Jay Ferguson - Amanda's Tune
24. Jay Ferguson - Jacob's Story
25. Jay Ferguson - Bewitched, Bothered, And Bewildered
26. Jay Ferguson - Don't Look Down
27. Jay Ferguson - St. Elm Street's Child
28. Jay Ferguson - Toys For Tots
29. Jay Ferguson - I've Got You Under My Skin
30. Jay Ferguson - Kicking And Screaming
31. Jay Ferguson - Womb With A V.U.
Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare
1. Brian May - Opening Titles
2. Brian May - Main Title
3. Brian May - Doc's Dream Theory
4. Brian May - John's Eyball
5. Brian May - Maggie's First dream
6. Brian May - Wizard Of Odd
7. Brian May - The Dream Continues
8. Brian May - John's Dream
9. Brian May - Crossing The Line
10. Brian May - No Kids At The Fair
11. Brian May - Map Hell
12. Brian May - Freddy 101
13. Brian May - There's No Way Out
14. Brian May - Checking Out The House
15. Brian May - Mama's Q-Tip
16. Brian May - Freddy Wins
17. Brian May - I Hate This House
18. Brian May - Back With Doc
19. Brian May - Defend Myself
20. Brian May - Maggie Faces Freddy
21. Brian May - Tracy's Dad
22. Brian May - Tracy And Freddy's Fight
23. Brian May - It's Me Or Him
24. Brian May - Freddy's Dad
25. Brian May - Freddy Is Made Forever
26. Brian May - Freddy Into Reality
27. Brian May - It's Me Or Him II
28. Brian May - Happy Father's Day
29. Ashley Irwin - Video Game Suite
Wes Craven's New Nightmare
1. J. Peter Robinson - Opening & Theme (Overlay)
2. J. Peter Robinson - Claw Attack
3. J. Peter Robinson - Chase And Heather
4. J. Peter Robinson - Wall Scratches & Theme (Overlay)
5. J. Peter Robinson - Freddy Calls
6. J. Peter Robinson - TV Show Source
7. J. Peter Robinson - Freddy's Back & Theme (Overlay)
8. J. Peter Robinson - Dylan/Rex Saved Me/Heather Explains/Bedtime Story
9. J. Peter Robinson - Chase's Blues
10. J. Peter Robinson - Chase Gets The Claw
11. J. Peter Robinson - Police
12. J. Peter Robinson - Funeral Part A & B
13. J. Peter Robinson - Nosebleed
14. J. Peter Robinson - The Park
15. J. Peter Robinson - Dylan Meets God
16. J. Peter Robinson - Painting At Robert England's Part A & B
17. J. Peter Robinson - Dylan Attacks Heather
18. J. Peter Robinson - Tongue
19. J. Peter Robinson - Childhood Schizophrenia
20. J. Peter Robinson - Odyssey
21. J. Peter Robinson - Wes & Theme (Overlay)
22. J. Peter Robinson - Miss Me??!!
1. J. Peter Robinson - Oxygentyten
2. J. Peter Robinson - Everything Is NOT Fine
3. J. Peter Robinson - Julie Killed
4. J. Peter Robinson - Freebfleg
5. J. Peter Robinson - Transformation/Emergence & Theme (Overlay)
6. J. Peter Robinson - Breadcrumbs
7. J. Peter Robinson - Dylan/Eels/Chasing Dylan/Heather To The Rescue/Explosions
8. J. Peter Robinson - Read Me A Story & Theme (Overlay)/End Credits$269.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP Box Set - 8 LPs Sealed Buy Now
Soul Deep is an essential compilation of The Box Tops' best tracks. Hailing from 1960's Memphis, The Box Tops are best known for the hits The Letter, Cry Like a Baby and Soul Deep, and are considered a major blue-eyed Soul group of the period.
They performed a mixture of current Soul music songs by artists such as James & Bobby Purify and Clifford Curry, Pop tunes such as A Whiter Shade of Pale by Procol Harum, and songs written by their producers, Dan Penn, Spooner Oldham, and Chips Moman.
Their records are prime examples of the styles made popular by Moman and Penn at American Sound Studio in Memphis. Many of their lesser known Top 40 hits, including Neon Rainbow, I Met Her in Church, and Sweet Cream Ladies, Forward March, are considered minor classics.1. The Letter
2. Neon Rainbow
3. Happy Times
4. Cry Like A Baby
5. Fields Of Clover
6. Choo Choo Train
7. She Shot A Hole In My Soul
8. People Gonna Talk
9. I Met Her In Church
10. Sweet Cream Ladies, Forward March
12. I Must Be The Devil
13. Soul Deep
14. I Shall Be Released
15. (the) Happy Song
16. Turn On A Dream
17. I See Only Sunshine
18. You Keep Tightening Up On Me$34.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
True Soul: Deep Sounds From The Left Of Stax (Box Set)Complete Anthology Including All 32 Rare And Unreleased 60s And 70s Soul, Funk, Disco And Party-rap Cuts From The True Soul Vaults
10 Page Full Color Booklet Including Never Before Seen Photos, Extensive Liner Notes And A Candid Interview Between Producer Eothen Egon Alapatt And Lee Anthony
All Tracks Remastered From The Original Master Tapes
60's and 70's Soul, Funk, Disco, Party-Rap and Boogie from Arkansas's Legendary Independent Label the final installment presented as an all inclusive 4xLP Anthology.
Now-Again Records, in association with label-owner Lee Anthony, is proud to present the release of True Soul: Deep Sounds from the Left of Stax, a collection of rare and unreleased funk and soul music from the fabled Arkansas indie. Over twelve years in the making, this anthology presented over the course of two volumes of CD/DVDs and one four-LP box set seeks to establish True Soul's rightful place within America's funk and soul pantheon.
As much as this set is about the adventurous, always-funky and oh-so-rare recordings that True Soul made possible, it is also about Anthony, the man. A true, American up-from-the-bootstraps story, Anthony's is one in which his frontiersman's entrepreneurial spirit and vision remains undeterred as he sets up black-owned businesses in a post-Jim Crow South and succeeds in capturing recordings from the high water mark of America's funk and soul movement.
Anthony's story intertwines with the renowned Sam Philips an early mentor and patron and Memphis's Al Bell and Willie Mitchell with whom Anthony collaborated as he tried to cultivate Little Rock's funk and soul in the shadow of Stax and Hi Records. This anthology will make influence amongst the history of southern funk and soul is transparent, as his story of how he helped turn a stranded road band into the Gap Band.
This comprehensive True Soul Records anthology including a 10-page, booklet chock full of photos, ephemera and extensive liner notes - not only carries the rare distributed funk and soul 45s that led the likes of renowned collectors DJ Shadow and Cut Chemist to Lee Anthony's door in search of Anthony's fabled treasure chest, but also includes previously unreleased boogie, disco and party rap recorded in True Soul's early-80's twilight. You can find this all contained in a one of a kind 4xLP boxset, with each sleeve donning the True Soul logo that Anthony held so dear.1. Thomas East - 'Slipping Around (45 Version)'
2. Albert Smith - 'Come Together'
3. John Craig - 'Doing My Own Thing'
4. York Wilborn's Psychedelic Six - 'Wheezin'
5. The Conspiracy - 'I Believe (Our Love Has Gone Away)'
6. Ren Smith - 'Smog (Full Version)'
7. Thomas East - 'Sister Funk (Original, Full Version)'
8. York Wilborn's Psychedelic Six - 'Funky Football'
9. York Wilborn's Psychedelic Six - 'Psychedelic Hot Pants (Full Version)'
10. Classsic Funk - 'Hard Times'
11. The Right Track - 'I Gotta Move With The Groove'
12. The Conspiracy - 'Conspiracy'
13. Thomas East - 'Funky Music'
14. The Conspiracy - 'The Real Thing'
15. The Leaders - '(It's A) Rat Race'
16. Thomas East - ''Follow The Rainbow (Alternate Mix)'
17. Albert Smith - 'The Thrill Is Gone'
18. Thomas East - 'Just A Trip'
19. Larry Davis - 'Down Home Funk (Full Version)'
20. The Right Track - 'You For Me And Me For You'
21. Thomas East - 'Sister Funk' (instrumental)
22. Classic Funk - 'The Funk's Gonna Fly'
23. York Wilborn's Psychedelic Six - 'Thank You'
24. The Right Track - 'Maybe Yes, Maybe No'
25. Portrait - 'Love You For Now On'
26. The Leaders - '(It's A) Rat Race (Vocal)'
27. John Craig - 'I Don't Want To Do It'
28. John Craig - 'Doing My Own Thing (Interlude)'
29. Portrait - 'Springtime Smile'
30. Le'Chance - 'Get Down'
31. Le'Chance - 'Gigolo'
32. Soul Mind And Body - 'I Took Your Love (To Be True) (Full Version)'
$69.99Vinyl LP Box Set - 4 LPs Sealed Buy Now
Soul To Soul (200 Gram Vinyl)Expanded Double Trouble Lineup Created Vaughan's Most Diverse Album
Mastered From The Original Analog Tapes By Ryan K. Smith At Sterling Sound
Cut At 45 Rpm, 200-Gram Pressing By Quality Record Pressings
The new remastering sounds amazing. Better than it ever did. I'm happy and pleasantly surprised.
-Chris Whipper Layton
The 45 RPM Analogue Productions reissue of Stevie Ray Vaughan's Soul To Soul is so good, as are its 45 RPM companions - Texas Flood and Couldn't Stand The Weather - that they truly represent what Gregg Geller, producer and A&R representative described as the best replication of the master tapes to date.
We've already brought you the 33 1/3 RPM box set Texas Hurricane featuring the greatest Stevie Ray Vaughan tribute ever reissued - six of Vaughan's most classic album titles remastered for ultimate blues and guitar fanatics. We've now taken the extra step and done 45 RPM versions of these three standout LPs.
We've used the original 30 inches-per-second, half-inch analog master tapes for all of these albums. Ryan K. Smith at Sterling Sound cut the lacquers for the LPs using the ultimate VMS 80 cutting lathe. Gary Salstrom handled the plating and the vinyl was pressed of course at our Quality Record Pressings, maker of the world's finest-sounding LPs.
Stevie Ray Vaughan's myth making was already complete by the time that his third record in as many years was released in October 1985. But no one could have expected the artistic leaps and additional prowess the guitarist displays on Soul To Soul, a record on which Vaughan added a full-time keyboardist and saxophonist, and dug deep into his native state's musical well for soul, R&B and surf motifs. Vaughan wrote four of Soul to Soul's 10 tracks; two songs were released as singles. The album went to No. 34 on the Billboard 200 chart and the music video for Change It received regular rotation on MTV.
There's not a link in this production chain that wasn't absolute first-rate. The absolute best that money can buy.
This title is not eligible for discount.1. Say What!
2. Lookin' Out The Window
3. Look at Little Sister
4. Ain't Gone 'N' Give Up On Love
5. Gone Home
6. Change It
7. You'll Be Mine
8. Empty Arms
9. Come On (Part III)
10. Life Without you$54.99200 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl 45 RPM LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
Rubber Soul (Mono)Ranked 5/500 on Rolling Stone Magazine's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.
The Beatles' Original Mono Studio Album Remastered At Abbey Road Directly From The Analogue Masters For Vinyl Release By Sean Magee and Steve Berkowitz
Lacquers Cut Using Neumann VMS-80 Lathe
Manufactured For The World At Optimal Media In Germany, The Beatles' Albums Are Presented In Their Original Glory, Both Sonically And In Their Packaging.
The Beatles in mono: This is how most listeners first heard the group in the 1960s, when mono was the predominant audio format. Up until 1968, each Beatles album was given a unique mono and stereo mix, but the group always regarded the mono as primary. The Beatles' nine U.K. albums, the American-compiled Magical Mystery Tour, and the Mono Masters collection of non-album tracks will be released in mono on 180-gram vinyl LPs with faithfully replicated artwork. Newly mastered from the analogue master tapes, each album will be available both individually and within a lavish, limited 14-LP boxed edition, The Beatles In Mono, which also includes a 108-page hardbound book.
In an audiophile-minded undertaking, The Beatles' acclaimed mono albums have been newly mastered for vinyl from quarter-inch master tapes at Abbey Road Studios by GRAMMY®-winning engineer Sean Magee and GRAMMY®-winning mastering supervisor Steve Berkowitz. While The Beatles In Mono CD boxed set released in 2009 was created from digital remasters, for this new vinyl project, Magee and Berkowitz cut the records without using any digital technology. Instead, they employed the same procedures used in the 1960s, guided by the original albums and by detailed transfer notes made by the original cutting engineers. Working in the same room at Abbey Road where most of The Beatles' albums were initially cut, the pair first dedicated weeks to concentrated listening, fastidiously comparing the master tapes with first pressings of the mono records made in the 1960s. Using a rigorously tested Studer A80 machine to play back the precious tapes, the new vinyl was cut on a 1980s-era VMS80 lathe.
Via Michael Fremer (Analog Planet) on the mastering process:
The EQ applied was based upon the original cutting engineers' notes as well as careful listening to original first lacquer, first mother, first stamper EMI pressings (-1, 1, G matrix). The cartridge used was Ortofon's 2M Black.
It's important to remember that the tapes have aged-some as much as fifty years-and the monitoring, playback and mastering equipment have changed as well, even though the work was done in the very same room in which the originals were mastered. Solid state has replaced tubes in the cutting chain.
Lacquers were cut using Abbey Road Studios' Neumann VMS-80 lathe, equipped with a Neumann SX-74 cutter head. The originals were cut on a Scully lathe, perhaps with a Westrex cutter head.1. Drive My Car
2. Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)
3. You Won' See Me
4. Nowhere Man
5. Think For Yourself
6. The Word
8. What Goes On
10. I'm Looking Through You
11. In My Life
13. If I Needed Someone
14. Run For Your Life$22.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP Mono - Sealed Buy Now
Soul Cal: Funky Disco & Modern Soul 1971-1982The definitive survey of america's best, independent 70s soul-ensembles. 15 rare and unreleased tracks; 80-page book with rare photos and each band's story.
A decade in the making, Soul Cal is the definitive survey of America's best, independent, 70s soul-ensembles. Profiled within this album and book are the bands that transitioned from funk to disco; the bands that kept up the backbeat as rhythm moved to the backseat. Against the odds, they left recorded artifacts for we at Now-Again to dig out, dust off and restore. Collected here for the first time are the musical dreams of dozens, dreams that were deferred but were never discarded.
Soul Cal features some well-known figures from the various soul scenes that paved the way for their resurgence. The Northern Soul, Modern Soul and Deep Disco and Funk circles have all obsessed over the likes of Luther Davis, Rhythm Machine, Mixed Sugar and Record Player. But these and Soul Cal's other bands - many of whom managed only to release a solitary 7 single in their heyday - will be unknown to most.
Their obscurity notwithstanding, the music made by these bands is sure to strike a chord within the soul of any person taken by black American music from the latter half of the 20th century. In his long-running investigation into this flux-period in black American music, compiler and key researcher Eothen Egon Alapatt sought not only licenses, records and master tapes - but the stories and backdrops of these majestic soul songs and the ensembles that created them.
It is due to the immense research that his investigation demanded - and the trove of information and music he unearthed - that we at Now-Again decided to present Soul Cal as an album and a book at the same time. Soul Cal's music is too good to be anonymously relaunched and a CD or LP booklet can only hold so much information. Simply telling the stories of these bands without unleashing their largely unheard music just seemed unfair. Thus, Soul Cal offers the enthused a chance to listen to, read about and reflect on this great burst of black American creativity in the decade after funk, the decade before hip-hop.1. Luther Davis - 'You Can Be A Star'
2. UPC All Stars - 'Don't Get Discouraged'
3. Pure Essence - 'Wake Up'
4. Anubis - 'Ecology'
5. Rhythm Machine - 'Put A Smile On Time'
6. Ellis & Cephas - 'I'm Gonna Miss You Girl'
7. Mixed Sugar - 'It's A Bad Feeling'
8. Mixed Feelings - 'Sha La La'
9. Key & Cleary - 'What It Takes To Live'
10. Leon Mitchison & The Eastex Freeway Band - 'Love Is'
11. Clifford Nyren - 'Keep Running Away'
12. Stanton Davis' Ghetto Mysticism - 'Things Cannot Stop Forever'
13. C. Henry Woods Troupe - 'The Stranger'
14. Record Player - 'Free Your Mind'
15. Freedom Express - 'Get Down'$29.99Vinyl LP Box Set - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
Rod Stewart Box SetUSM are proud to present Rod Stewart's studio LPs originally released between 1969 and 1974 brought together in a boxed set for the first time. Each LP will have exact reproductions of original artwork to retain authenticity, and will be pressed 180 gram heavyweight audiophile vinyl and contained in a rigid slipcase box.
Stewart is one of the best-selling music artists of all time, having sold over 100 million records worldwide. He has had six consecutive number one albums in the UK, and his tally of 62 UK hit singles include 31 that reached the top 10, six of which gained the number one position. In 2007, he received a CBE for services to music.
With his distinctive raspy singing voice, Stewart came to prominence in the late 1960s and early 1970s with The Jeff Beck Group and then with Faces. He maintained a solo career alongside a group career, releasing his debut solo album An Old Raincoat Won't Ever Let You Down in 1969. His early albums were a fusion of rock, folk music, soul music and R&B.LP1: An Old Raincoat Won't Ever Let You Down
1. Street Fighting Man
2. Man of Constant Sorrow
3. Blind Prayer
4. Handbags and Gladrags
5. An Old Raincoat Won't Ever Let You Down
6. I Wouldn't Ever Change a Thing
7. Cindy's Lament
8. Dirty Old Town
LP2: Gasoline Alley
1. Gasoline Alley
2. It's All Over Now
3. Only a Hobo
4. My Way of Giving
5. Country Comfort
6. Cut Across Shorty
7. Lady Day
8. Jo's Lament
9. I Don't Want to Discuss It
LP3: Every Picture Tells A Story
1. Every Picture Tells a Story
2. Seems Like a Long Time
3. That's All Right
4. Amazing Grace
5. Tomorrow Is a Long Time
7. Maggie May
8. Mandolin Wind
9. (I Know) I'm Losing You
10. Reason to Believe
LP4: Never A Dull Moment
1. True Blue
2. Lost Paraguayos
3. Mama You Been on My Mind
4. Italian Girls
7. You Wear It Well
8. I'd Rather Go Blind
9. Twisting the Night Away
1. Sweet Little Rock 'N' Roller
5. Bring It On Home To Me/You Send Me
6. Let Me Be Your Car
7. (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Man
8. Dixie Toot
9. Hard Road
10. I've Grown Accustomed To Her Face (Instrumental)
11. Girl from the North Country
12. Mine For Me$109.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP Box Set - 5 LPs Sealed Buy Now
Ghettoville - Box SetBox Set Includes:
Ghettoville (3LP + CD)
Hazyville (White Vinyl 2LP + CD - Exclusive To Boxset)
32-Page Art Book
Ghettoville is the bleached out and black tinted conclusion of the Actress image.
Where the demands of writing caught the artist slumped and reclined, devoid of any soul, acutely aware of the simulated prism that required breakout.
Four albums in and the notes and compositions no longer contain decipherable language.
The scripts now carry tears, the world has returned to a flattened state, and out through that window, the birds look back into the cage they once inhabited.
Spitting flames behind a white wall of silence.
The machines have turned to stone, data reads like an obituary to its user.
A fix is no longer a release, it's a brittle curse. Zero satisfaction, no teeth, pseudo artists running rampant, but the path continues.
R.I.P Music 2014.1. Forgiven
2. Street Corp.
16. Rule$107.99Vinyl LP + 2 CDs Box Set - 5 LPs Sealed Buy Now
Joy Division: Box SetReleased in a Limited Edition of only 3,000 copies worldwide, this 180-Gram virgin vinyl, four-disc JOY DIVISION BOX SET contains new pressings of the band's two seminal studio albums - UNKNOWN PLEASURES ('79) and CLOSER ('80) - and the 1981 two-disc rarities compilation STILL.
JOY DIVISION: BOX SET allows you to experience these pioneering albums the way they were heard originally - on sonically rich vinyl LPs. The three titles - a total of four LPS - come housed in an elegant cloth-covered box designed by U.K. artist Peter Saville, who created the distinctive artwork and packaging on the original issues of these classic releases. Once the 3,000 copies sell out, the box will not be reproduced.
Joy Division's 1979 debut UNKNOWN PLEASURES is a landmark album that established the band as principal architects and ultimate icons of the post-punk movement and the U.K. Manchester scene of the late '70s. UNKNOWN PLEASURES' ten classic songs resonate with the atmospheric textures and deep sonic spaces of Martin Hannett's production. Highlights include Insight, Disorder, New Dawn Fades and She's Lost Control. The latter song is the inspiration for the title of the 2007 film Control, the acclaimed Anton Corbijn-directed feature chronicling the life and times of Joy Division's lead singer and principal songwriter, the late Ian Curtis.
Joy Division's 1980 follow-up CLOSER, another seminal post-punk masterpiece, ranks #157 on Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums Of All Time. Musically and lyrically driven by the prevailing despair of Ian Curtis - who killed himself only months after the LP was released - CLOSER was also produced by Martin Hannett, who weaves sprawling emotional chaos and shifting atmospheres and textures together into an enormously powerful ten-song tour de force. Stand-outs include Heart And Soul, Isolation, Eternal, Decades and the wrenching Twenty Four Hours.
The compilation STILL came out in late 1981, over a year after Curtis' death. Comprised of twenty studio outtakes, b-sides, live cuts and other rarities, all the tracks were previously unissued at the time of STILL's original release except for Glass and Dead Souls, both compelling studio recordings from 1978 and 1979, respectively. STILL also presents material from Joy Division's last-ever concert, recorded at Birmingham University in May 1980 including the only time they performed Ceremony live (the song would later become a New Order single). Another track captured at Birmingham is Shadowplay, a selection covered in 2007 by The Killers for the soundtrack for the film Control. Other highlights include a live cover of The Velvet Underground's Sister Ray and a 1979 studio recording of Something Must Break.
Joy Division formed in Manchester, England in 1977, and had an immense and profound impact on contemporary music in a very brief time together. They recorded only two full-length studio albums, UNKNOWN PLEASURES and CLOSER, prior to lead singer Ian Curtis' 1980 suicide, just before the single Love Will Tear Us Apart became their breakthrough hit. The remaining members - guitarist Bernard Sumner, bassist Peter Hook and drummer Stephen Morris - disbanded Joy Division after Curtis' death, and re-formed as New Order.Unknown Pleasures Track Listing:
2. Day Of The Lords
5. New Dawn Fades
6. Shes Lost Control
10. I Remember Nothing
Closer Track Listing:
1. Atrocity Exhibition
5. A Means To An End
6. Heart & Soul
7. Twenty Four Hours
8. The Eternal
Still Track Listing:
1. Exercise One
2. Ice Age
3. The Sound Of Music
5. The Only Mistake
6. Walked In Line
7. The Kill
8. Something Must Break
9. Dead Souls
10. Sister Ray
12. Shadow Play
13. Means To An End
15. New Dawn Fades
20. Digital$249.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 4 LPs Sealed Buy Now
The Stax Vinyl 7s BoxA legendary R&B logo, with recordings made from Memphis to Detroit, and throughout the 1960s well into the 1970s, the Stax team always created astoundingly vibrant recordings. The label discovered world-class vocalists, innovative producers and musicians that excelled.
To celebrate its 60th anniversary and its influence on dancefloors around the world presented here on seven 45s are fourteen in-demand rare grooves from both the famous and under-rated artists who cut amazing music for the Stax group of labels. All highly sought after around the world by connoisseurs of both Modern and Northern Soul. Includes booklet with notes written by set compiler, Richard Searling, legendary Northern Soul DJ and BBC presenter.1. I'm The One Who Loves You - Darrell Banks
2. Sweet Sherry - J.J. Barnes
1. I'll Never Stop Loving You - Carla Thomas
2. One More Chance - Margie Joseph
1. The Whole Damn World Is Going Crazy - John Gary Williams
2. Why Must Our Eyes Always Be Turned Backwards - Lou Bond
1. Hey You! Don't Fight It! - The Montclairs
2. The Stars - Barbara Lewis
1. Friday Night - Johnnie Taylor
2. Happy - William Bell
1. Special Kind Of Woman - Paul Thompson
2. You're My Only Temptation - Roz Ryan
1. Can You Win - Charlene & The Soul Serenaders
2. (Let Hurt Put You in the) Loser's Seat - Joni Wilson$64.997 Vinyl Single Box Set - 7 Singles Sealed Buy Now
Hydra - Deluxe Box SetDouble Gatefold Black Vinyl Version Of The Album With Bonus Tracks
Hydra 18-track Album Including Bonus Tracks In The Form Of A Media Book (disc 1 (track 1-10) New Tracks Of Hydra, Disc 2 (track 11-18) Bonus Tracks) With A Hot Foil Print Cover, Featuring A 100 Page Booklet Consisting Of Unique Photos
Instrumental Version Of The Entire Album
Songbook With Sheet Music Of The Songs Of The Album
Hydra Guitar Pick
Packaged In An Especially Designed LP-sized Box
Within Temptation have announced that they will release their sixth studio album, 'Hydra,' on Jan. 31. In addition, the Dutch band has revealed some unexpected surprises in the form of guest appearances on the disc.
Known for creating their own brand of symphonic metal, Within Temptation have a few surprises in store on 'Hydra.' The guest list includes collaborations with Dave Pirner of Soul Asylum, former Killswitch Engage frontman Howard Jones and perhaps the most surprising of them all - hip-hop artist Xzibit. The set also includes the recently released track 'Paradise (What About Us?)' featuring former Nightwish singer Tarja Turunen.
Xzibit joins forces with Within Temptation on a track called 'And We Run,' a song described by frontwoman Sharon Den Adel as an anthem about how to live your life. "He's rapping at full force on this song, it's really heavy," says Adel. "Xzibit brings a new element to our music that we've never had before! It's a new cross-over and we love it!"
Jones' contribution comes on 'Dangerous,' one of the heavier tracks on the disc. "I always loved Howard's voice," shares Adel. "He makes the song even heavier than it already is. That song is one of my favorite songs on the record and one of the fastest we've ever written. It has the most bass drums we've ever used, too, and a very fast riff which we doubled with synths. It's not a typical synthesizer, though - it's distorted like a guitar, and it's very aggressive."
- Mary Ouellette (Loudwire)LP 1 & 2
1. Let Us Burn
2. Dangerous feat. Howard Jones
3. And We Run feat. Xzibit
4. Paradise (What About Us?) feat. Tarja
5. Edge Of The World
6. Silver Moonlight
7. Covered By Roses
8. Dog Days
9. Tell Me Why
10. Whole World Is Watching feat. Dave Pirner
2CD With Media Book:
1. Let Us Burn
2. Dangerous feat. Howard Jones
3. And We Run feat. Xzibit
4. Paradise (What About Us?) feat. Tarja
5. Edge Of The World
6. Silver Moonlight
7. Covered By Roses
8. Dog Days
9. Tell Me Why
10. Whole World Is Watching feat. Dave Pirner
11. Radioactive (originally performed by Imagine Dragons)
12. Summertime Sadness (originally performed by Lana del Ray)
13. Let Her Go (originally performed by Passenger)
14. Dirty Dancer (originally performed by Enrique Iglesias)
15. And We Run- evolution track
16. Silver Moonlight - evolution track
17. Covered By Roses - evolution track
18. Tell Me Why - evolution track$89.99Vinyl LP + 3 CDs Box Set - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
Soul Jazz Presents: Disco Vol 1The latest release on Soul Jazz Records is a fantastic new album of disco, modern soul and boogie from 1978-82. This album is released to coincide with the massive new 360-page deluxe hardback book Disco - An Encyclopedic Guide To The Cover Art of Disco, featuring over 2,000 album cover designs as well as over 700 12" sleeves, including sections on roller disco, disco instruction albums and more. There are also interviews and introductions by Tom Moulton, Nicky Siano, Mel Cheren (West End Records), Ken Cayre (Salsoul), Marvin Schlachter (Prelude) and more. This album here is an amazing collection of rare and independent tracks from Disco's halcyon period - 1978 to 1982 - expertly compiled by Disco Patrick, who also compiled the new deluxe book. Blurring the musical lines between disco, modern soul and boogie this double album features many exclusive and hard to find records from the era.Included here are in-demand classics such as The Fantastic Aleems featuring Leroy Burgess, John Gibbs and the US Steel Orchestra, rare Patrick Adams and Peter Brown productions, Jessie G, The Eaton Assassin (a 12" given out free at boxing matches!) and much more!1. The Fantastic Aleems Ft. Calebur - Hooked on Your Love (John Morales Mix)
2. Superfunk - Superfunk
3. Jessie G - That's Hot
4. Jupiter Beyond - the River Drive
5. The Sunburst Band - the Easton Assassin
6. John Gibbs & the U.s. Steel Orchestra - Trinidad (Special Disco Mix)
7. Sparkle - Disco Madness
8. Chain Reaction - Sweet Lady (Dance with Me)
9. Wayne Ford - Dance to the Beat Freakout$29.99Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
Soul Jazz Presents: Disco Vol 2The latest release on Soul Jazz Records is a fantastic new album of disco, modern soul and boogie from 1978-82. This album is released to coincide with the massive new 360-page deluxe hardback book Disco - An Encyclopedic Guide To The Cover Art of Disco, featuring over 2,000 album cover designs as well as over 700 12" sleeves, including sections on roller disco, disco instruction albums and more. There are also interviews and introductions by Tom Moulton, Nicky Siano, Mel Cheren (West End Records), Ken Cayre (Salsoul), Marvin Schlachter (Prelude) and more. This album here is an amazing collection of rare and independent tracks from Disco's halcyon period - 1978 to 1982 - expertly compiled by Disco Patrick, who also compiled the new deluxe book. Blurring the musical lines between disco, modern soul and boogie this double album features many exclusive and hard to find records from the era.Included here are in-demand classics such as The Fantastic Aleems featuring Leroy Burgess, John Gibbs and the US Steel Orchestra, rare Patrick Adams and Peter Brown productions, Jessie G, The Eaton Assassin (a 12" given out free at boxing matches!) and much more!1. Sympho-State - You Know What I Like
2. The Fantastic Aleems Featuring Corky Hodges - Movin' To The Beat
3. Something Extra - Sexy Lady
4. Stwange Poweple - Get Up
5. Chemistry - Skateboard
6. Cirt Gill And The Jam-A-Ditty Band - Turn This Disco Out
7. Sugar Bear Johnson - When Your Jones Come Down
8. Retta Young - My Man Is On His Way
9. The Imperials - Fast Freddie The Roller Disco King
10. Cordial - Wave$29.99Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
William Onyeabor: LP Box Set 2William Onyeabor is a box set of four of the albums elusive Nigerian synth-funk pioneer William Onyeabor self-released between 1977 and 1985 - remastered and officially available for the first time. His music represents the epitome of the golden era of Nigerian funk, before he gave up a life in music to become a devout Christian. Luaka Bop released the critically acclaimed compilation Who is William Onyeabor's in October of 2013, and has since seen the release of the documentary Fantastic Man, which was fabricated around the myth of the musician, attempts to unearth the man behind the music, which is also now a full blown live show touring the world, paying tribute to the music of William Onyeabor featuring a supergroup of Damon Albarn, David Byrne, Kele Okereke from Bloc Party, Alexis Taylor from Hot Chip, the Lijadu Sisters, Money Mark, Pat Mahoney and Sinkane. To this day, William Onyeabor has not spoken about his music in one single interview.
Box Set Includes:
Crashes in Love (2nd Version)
Body and Soul
7 of William Onyeabor's Body & Soul by Peaking Lights
16 Page 5 x 7 booklet with text by Michael RubinLPs Included:
Crashes in Love (2nd Version)
Body and Soul
7 of William Onyeabor's Body & Soul by Peaking Lights$74.99Vinyl LP Box Set + 7 + 16Pg Booklet - 4 LPs Sealed Buy Now
The Early Motown EPs Vinyl Box SetTogether for the first time as a vinyl collection - Motown's first 7 EPs. Super rare and super collectable, this vinyl set is a must for any Motown fan. Strictly limited and individually numbered. Motown EPs came in glossy photo covers with some carrying pictures of the artists and for most this was the first glimpse of newly found idols. Artists featured on these EPs were an early Motown hall of fame - The Miracles, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye and The Supremes to name a few.1. Shop Around [Regional Version] - The Miracles
2. Who's Lovin' You - The Miracles
3. Ain't It Baby - The Miracles
4. The Only One I Love - The Miracles
5. Heatwave - Martha Reeves & The Vandellas
6. A Love She Can Count On - The Miracles
7. Hitch Hike - Marvin Gaye
8. My Daddy Knows Best - The Marvelettes
9. I Call It Pretty Music But The Old People Call It The Blues Pt. 1 - Stevie Wonder
10. I Call It Pretty Music But The Old People Call It The Blues Pt. 2 - Stevie Wonder
11. Work Out Stevie, Work Out - Stevie Wonder
12. Monkey Talk - Stevie Wonder
13. I Gotta Dance To Keep From Crying - The Miracles
14. Love Me All The Way - Kim Weston
15. A Breathtaking Guy - The Supremes
16. As Long As I Know He's Mine - The Marvelettes
17. Can I Get A Witness - Marvin Gaye
18. Too Hurt To Cry, Too Much In Love To Say Goodbye - The Darnells
19. Leaving Here - Eddie Holland
20. Quicksand - Martha Reeves & The Vandellas$59.997 Vinyl EP 45 RPM Box Set - 7 EPs Sealed Buy Now
The Heist (Deluxe Box Set) (Awaiting Repress)
Gold Embossed Gator Skin Deluxe Box Set
180-Gram Double Vinyl
Custom Gator Skin Textured LP Dust Sleeves
Nineteen 12" x 12" Song Artwork Inserts
Art By 13 Unique Collaborators / Visual Artists
When Macklemore declares his music is David Bowie meets Kanye sh*t, it's a bit of an oversell on the Bowie side, but then again, Jean-Michel Basquiat and Keith Haring are also honored as influences during Ten Thousand Hours, the biographical highlight that opens the Seattle rapper's vibrant sophomore release.
These arty name-drops threaten to paint the album as more obscure than it is, but even as glitch electronica and Mad Rad member Buffalo Madonna strange up the breakup number Thin Line, The Heist comes off as instant, alive, and oh so welcoming. Chalk it up to Macklemore's playful and open lyrics (When I was in the third grade/I thought I was gay/Because I could draw, my uncle was, and I kept my room straight) or the album's not so secret weapon, Ryan Lewis, the producer who earns his co-billing with a George Martin or Dave Fridmann-sized sense of purpose and an Internet kid's sense of utilizing anything and/or everything. For the music industry takeover Jimmy Iovine with Ab-Soul as guest, Lewis' production is a mix of G-Unit gangster music and a Houston hip-hop trunk rumbler, while the pro-gay marriage highlight Same Love with Mary Lambert is supported by full-bodied piano and the sound of a bittersweet marching band, all of it familiar yet twisted through a laptop with hypnotic loops and catchy hooks coming out. Gold (feeling like 500,000 sold) is joyous and bright mini-electro that feeds the positive side of the soul, while Can't Hold Us comes with an irresistible bounce, both tracks being light, lovely, and in contrast to the numbers that deal with Macklemore's addiction issues and other obstacles.
These two talented young bucks can't be contained, and hearing them offer one memorable, meaty number after another makes for an exciting listen, but this is unfiltered freshness released on Macklemore's own label, so the concepts of restraint and focus take a slight hit, leaving the is-he-Eminem, is-he-Childish Gambino, or is-he-Grieves question with no clear winner. Here, he's a mix of all of the above with some distinctive qualities, and with Lewis putting that kaleidoscope style underneath, The Heist winds up a rich combination of fresh and familiar.
- David Jeffries (All Music Guide)1. Ten Thousand Hours
2. Can't Hold Us
3. Thrift Shop
4. Thin Line
5. Same Love
6. Make the Money
7. Neon Cathedral
9. White Walls
10. Jimmy Iovine
12. A Wake
14. Starting Over
15. Cowboy Boots
17. My Oh My
18. Victory Lap$42.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP Box Set - 2 LPs Sealed AWAITING REPRESS Buy Now
Volume Three: 1971-1981 (Box Set)180 Gram Vinyl Box Set
Following the previously released Volume One and Two, Marvin Gaye "Volume Three: 1971-1981" is a collection of his last seven Motown studio albums on 180g vinyl in one fantastic box. Commonly referred to as the 'Prince of Soul', Marvin Gaye helped to shape the sound of Motown Records and was one of the greatest voices to emerge from the label.LP 1: What's Going On
1. What's Going On
2. What's Happening Brother
3. Flyin' High (In The Friendly Sky)
4. Save The Children
5. God Is Love
6. Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)
7. Right On
8. Wholy Holy
9. Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler)
LP 2: Trouble Man
1. Main Theme From Trouble Man
2. T Plays It Cool
3. Poor Abbey Walsh
4. Break In (Police Shoot Big)
5. Cleo's Apartment
6. Trouble Man
7. Theme From Trouble Man
8. T Stands For Trouble
9. Main Theme From Trouble Man (1)
10. Life Is A Gamble
12. Don't Mess With Mister T
13. There Goes Mister T
LP 3: Let's Get It On
1. Let's Get It On
2. Please Don't Stay (once You Go Away)
3. If I Should Die Tonight
4. Keep Gettin' It On
5. Come Get To This
6. Distant Lover
7. You Sure Love To Ball
8. Just To Keep You Satisfied
LP 4: Diana & Marvin
1. You Are Everything
2. Love Twins
3. Don't Knock My Love
4. You're A Special Part Of Me
5. Pledging My Love
6. Just Say, Just Say
7. Stop, Look, Listen (To Your Heart)
8. I'm Falling In Love With You
9. My Mistake (Was To Love You)
10. Include Me In Your Life
LP 5: I Want You
1. I Want You (Vocal)
2. Come Live With Me Angel
3. After The Dance (Instrumental)
4. Feel All My Love Inside
5. I Wanna Be Where You Are
6. I Want You (Intro Jam)
7. All The Way Around
8. Since I Had You
9. Soon I'll Be Loving You Again
10. I Want You (Intro Jam)
11. After The Dance (Vocal)
LP 6: Here, My Dear
1. Here, My Dear
2. I Met A Little Girl
3. When Did You Stop Loving Me, When Did I Stop Loving You
5. Is That Enough
6. Everybody Needs Love
7. Time To Get It Together
LP 7: Here, My Dear
2. Anna's Song
3. When Did You Stop Loving Me, When Did I Stop Loving You (Instrumental)
4. A Funky Space Reincarnation
5. You Can Leave, But It's Going To Cost You
6. Falling In Love Again
7. When Did You Stop Loving Me, When Did I Stop Loving You (Reprise)
LP 8: In Our Lifetime
2. Life Is For Learning
3. Love Party
4. Funk Me
5. Far Cry
6. Love Me Now Or Love Me Later
7. Heavy Love Affair
8. In Our Lifetime$179.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP Box Set - 8 LPs Sealed Buy Now
Deeper (Box Set) (Pre-Order)Deluxe Box Set (Includes CD, 2x Vinyl, T-Shirt (L), Poster & 3x Photo Cards)
Hearing Lisa Stansfield sing takes you back. In the late '80s and throughout the '90s, the smiley singer with the Elsie Tanner accent was the coolest pop star on the planet. Her seductive, soulful vocals and timeless dance-pop songs saw her top the charts on both sides of Atlantic, duet with George Michael and Queen, win multiple Brits and Ivor Novello awards, collect Grammy nominations and feature on "The Bodyguard", the biggest-selling film soundtrack of all time. Four albums were international hits, selling more than 15 million copies and spawning over 20 hit singles, yet Stansfield was never interested in fame. The pop-soul lady's latest album "Seven" - released four years ago and a gorgeous collection of her trademark soul - charted top 13 in both the UK and Germany and served as a reminder of why the artist has sold nearly 20 million records worldwide. With international hits such as "All Around The World", "The Real Thing" or "Treat Me Like A Woman", Lisa Stansfield has forced people on the dance floor for decades and still does!
On "Deeper", the Grammy-nominated, multi BRIT winning artist challenges herself without compromising her signature blend of pop, jazz, dance, Motown and northern soul. "Deeper" showcases some brand new signature Lisa songs, like the club-oriented "Everything" but at the same time shows the British queen of white soul in a more melodic light with tracks such as "Billionaire". This smoothly interlocking selection of songs is carried by Stansfield's bulky and multifaceted voice, a voice which has brought her worldwide recognition and praise. The album features funky groovy disco tracks, well-tempered soul-pop ballads, as well as laid-back easy-listening songs. This comes together into a well-crafted blend which sounds as strong-willed as Lisa Stansfield has proven to be.1. Everything
5. Coming Up for Air
6. Love of My Life
7. Never Ever
9. Hole in My Heart
10. Just Can't Help Myself
13. Ghetto Heaven$59.99Vinyl LP Box Set + CD - 2 LPs Sealed PRE-ORDER Buy Now
The Waterfall (Box Set)Box Set Containing 2 180 Gram LP's, A Bonus 7 Vinyl Single With 2 Additional Tracks, A 12x12 Puzzle & 5 Postcards
My Morning Jacket has built a reputation as a group who consistently challenges the paradigms in which they are placed. From psychedelic to soul to classic rock and roll, My Morning Jacket's range remains steadfast throughout the band's sixteen years. The Louisville quintet released the first of 6 albums in 1999 with their last two, 2008's Evil Urges and 2011's Circuital each receiving Grammy nominations - the latter debuting at number 5 on the Billboard 200 chart. On May 5, 2015, My Morning Jacket will release their seventh full-length album, The Waterfall. Recorded in Northern California's Stinson Beach, they gladly took the inspiration that it offered and crafted a sparkling new album. The band features Jim James (singer/songwriter, guitar), Tom Blankenship( bass), Patrick Hallahan(drums), Carl Broemel (guitar, pedal steel, saxophone, vox) and Bo Koster (keyboards, vox). Known as one of the most engaging, eclectic & electric bands, in no small part due to Jim James' other-worldly vocals, they've become legendary for their live performances. The New York Times wrote this about the band, " the new kings of expand-your-mind, religious-experience rock "1. Believe (Nobody Knows)
2. Compound Fracture
3. Like A River
4. In Its Infancy (The Waterfall)
5. Get The Point
6. Spring (Among The Living)
7. Thin Line
8. Big Decisions
9. Tropics (Erase Traces)
10. Only Memories Remain$99.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP + 7 Single - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
Boddie Recording Company: Cleveland, OH (Box Set)From 1958 to 1993, Thomas and Louise Boddies industrious Boddie Recording Company issued nearly 300 albums and 45s, recorded 10,000 hours of tape, and remained in operation longer than any other studio, pressing plant, or label group in the history of Cleveland. Long forgotten even by the standards of the chronically overlooked northeastern Ohio music scene, Boddie was a fusion of its owners engineering genius and his limited economic means; its DIY recording studio housed in a humble barn, churned night and day to capture the sounds emanating from Clevelands east side neighborhoods.
The 65 tracks on this 5LP box set represent the best of the Boddies in-house Soul Kitchen, Luau, and Bounty labels, which released an unspoiled treasure trove of kitchen-sink eccentric soul, fuzzbox funk, shoestring doo-wop, and haunted, eerily hook-laden spirituals. Enclosed inside is a mountain of office-styled ephemera: two massive booklets brimming with detail on the Boddies and their artists; extensive notes and scores of unpublished photos; a complete detailed discography folio; reproduced fliers; and a Boddie greeting card, all rendered with the handcrafted charm that was the Boddie hallmark. Call it a self-contained record industry crammed into one box.
Featuring 65 tracks on 5 LPs, two massive booklets brimming with detail, extensive notes and scores of unpublished photos, detailed discography, and reproduced fliers and a Boddie greeting card.LP1
1. Creations Unlimited - Chrystal Illusion
2. Ricky Hodges & the Funky People - Don't Destroy Our Love
3. Frankie Pighee & Soulettes - Soul Feeling
4. Chantells - World Of Soul
5. Jackie Russell - If You Don't Want Me Let Me Be
6. Angela Alexander & J.D. Saddler - Spoilin' For A Fight
7. Inter-Circle - The Pusher
8. Eddie & the Ant Hill Mob - I'm A Number Runner
9. Bo & the Metros - Moving On
10. Inter-Circle - The Players
11. Creations Unlimited - Corruption Is The Thing
12. King James Version feat. King Solomon & Moses - He's Coming
13. Angela Alexander & J.D. Saddler - Don't Make Me Kill You
14. Chantells - Why Won't You Say (What You Want)
15. Frankie Pighee & Soulettes - If You Don't Think That I Love You
16. Jackie Russell - Don't Trade Love For Money
17. Bo & the Metros - Buttered Out
18. Ricky Hodges - I Feel It (The Love You Have For Me)
19. King James Version feat. King Solomon & Moses - He's Forever
20. A.C. Jones & the Atomic Aces - Oh Baby (I Love You)
21. Harvey Hall - Tell Me About it
22. Headlines - He's Looking For A Love
23. J.C. Akins - I've Got to Find A Way (To Get To Your Heart)
24. Little Anthony & the Modern Detergents - Monkey Hips & Yice
25. A.C. Jones & the Atomic Aces - Give Me Your Love
26. Harvey & the Phenomenals - Darlene (Instrumental)
27. Little Anthony & the Modern Detergents - Don't Make Me Blue
28. Penny North - Satisfied
29. J.C. Akins & the Dukes - You Upset My Very Soul
30. Harvey & the Phenomenals - All In Your Eyes
31. J.C. Akins - I Love You
32. J.C. Akins & the Dukes - New Dance
33. A.C. Jones & the Soulettes - Hole In Your Sole
34. Penny North - Thought I Had A Good Thing
35. Harvey & the Phenomenals - Darlene
36. Headlines - Baby
37. A.C. Jones & the Atomic Aces - Give Me Your Love (Instrumental)
38. Headlines - He's Looking For A Love (Demo)
39. Rev. R. L. Hubbard - Child Of The King
40. Brother Bill - Wha's Happ'nin'
41. Guiding Lights - Lost In Sin
42. Wings of Faith Juniors Of Grand Rapids, MI - I Can't Thank Him Enough
43. Seven Revelators - Keep Holding On
44. Victory 5 - Have You Been To The Pool
45. Sounds of Soul - Gospel Train
46. Corinthian Singers - Why? (It's A Shame)
47. Fantastic Lightning Ares - Jesus You Are My Shining Star
48. North Wind Of Cleveland, OH - If I've Done Any Wrong
49. Golden Harmonizers - Won't Be Back No More
50. Gospel Hebrews - Jesus Is All Over Me
51. Gospel Fabulators - Read It In The Bible
52. Spiritual Believers - Sweet To Know
53. Silver Kings Trouble - The Water
54. Cleveland Golden Echos - Used To Live On Broadway
55. Royal Kings - Look Out For Jesus
56. Swanee Nightingales - I Know The Lord Will Make A Way
57. Gospel Ensemble - What You Need
58. Juanita Ellis - Make A Joyful Noise
59. Headlines - Baby (Demo)
60. Delores White - Why Don't We Understand
61. Addie Pearl Rice - Sara Culture
62. Harvey & the Phenomenals - T.G.I.F.
63. Addie Pearl Rice - Flowers Are Blooming
64. Jackie Russell - If You Don't Want Me Let Me Be (Demo)
65. Delores White - Lover's Paradise$81.99Vinyl LP - 5 LPs Sealed Buy Now
The Definitive Studio Album Collection (Box Set)Features Original Mono Mixes For All Of The Singer's Studio Albums
Housed In A Side-Loading Slipcase
Seven-LP Collection Features Original Mono Mixes For All Of The Singer's Studio Albums, Including Essentials Soul Hits Like "Pain In My Heart," "Tramp," And "Respect". All of the LPs replicate the original packaging, from the sleeve artwork down to small details like the original record labels (Volt and Stax) and catalog numbers, all housed together in a side-loading slipcase. Several of these albums are long out-of-print and back on vinyl in mono for the first time in years.LP 1
1. Pain In My Heart
2. The Dog
3. Stand By Me
4. Hey Hey Baby
5. You Send Me
6. I Need Your Lovin'
7. These Arms Of Mine
8. Louie Louie
9. Something Is Worrying Me
11. That's What My Heart Needs
1. That's How Strong My Love Is
2. Chained And Bound
3. Woman, Lover, A Friend
4. Your One And Only Man
5. Nothing Can Change This Love
6. It's Too Late
7. For Your Precious Love
8. I Want To Thank You
9. Come To Me
10. Home In Your Heart
11. Keep Your Arms Around Me
12. Mr. Pitiful
1. Ole Man Trouble
3. Change Gonna Come
4. Down In The Valley
5. I've Been Loving You Too Long (To Stop Now)
7. My Girl
8. Wonderful World
9. Rock Me Baby
11. You Don't Miss Your Water
1. Just One More Day
2. It's Growing
3. Cigarettes and Coffee
4. Chain Gang
5. Nobody Knows You (When You're Down And Out)
6. Good To Me
7. Scratch My Back
8. Treat Her Right
9. Everybody Makes A Mistake
10. Any Ole Way
1. Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa (Sad Song) [Mono] [Remastered]
2. I'm Sick Y'All (Mono) [Remastered]
3. Tennessee Waltz (Mono) [Remastered]
4. Sweet Lorene (Mono) [Remastered]
5. Try A Little Tenderness (Mono) [Remastered]
6. Day Tripper (Mono) [Remastered]
7. My Lover's Prayer (Mono) [Remastered]
8. She Put The Hurt On Me (Mono) [Remastered]
9. Ton Of Joy (Mono) [Remastered]
10. You're Still My Baby (Mono) [Remastered]
11. Hawg For You (Mono) [Remastered]
12. Love Have Mercy (Mono) [Remastered]
1. Knock On Wood - By Otis Redding & Carla Thomas
2. Let Me Be Good to You - By Otis Redding & Carla Thomas
3. Tramp - By Otis Redding & Carla Thomas
4. Tell It Like It Is - By Otis Redding & Carla Thomas
5. When Something Is Wrong With My Baby - By Otis Redding & Carla Thomas
6. Lovey Dovey - By Otis Redding & Carla Thomas
7. New Year's Resolution - By Otis Redding & Carla Thomas
8. It Takes Two - By Otis Redding & Carla Thomas
9. Are You Lonely For Me Baby - By Otis Redding & Carla Thomas
10. Bring It On Home To Me - By Otis Redding & Carla Thomas
11. Ooh Carla, Ooh Otis - By Otis Redding & Carla Thomas
1. (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
2. I Love You More Than Words Can Say
3. Let Me Come On Home
4. Open The Door
5. Don't Mess With Cupid
6. The Glory Of Love
7. I'm Coming Home To See About You
8. Tramp - By Otis Redding & Carla Thomas
9. The Huckle-Buck
10. Nobody Knows You (When You're Down And Out)
11. Ole Man Trouble$109.99Vinyl LP Box Set Mono - 7 LPs Sealed Buy Now
The Jimi Hendrix Experience (Box Set)8x 180-Gram Vinyl Box Set
The Jimi Hendrix Experience legendary "Purple Box," which Rolling Stone's David Fricke proclaimed "The Rolls Royce of posthumous Hendrix sets" is set for release via Legacy Recordings! The box set earned RIAA Gold Album sales status in the US and has enjoyed widespread critical and commercial success throughout the world.
An 8-LP boxed set, The Jimi Hendrix Experience is not a collection of previously existing recordings from Hendrix's famous studio albums. The Jimi Hendrix Experience presents 56 previously unreleased or unavailable studio and concert recordings from a remarkable four-year period in musical history - 1966-1970 - when guitarist Jimi Hendrix was bringing pop and blues and jazz and soul and psychedelia together and changing the way everybody listened to everything.
First released in 2000, The Jimi Hendrix Experience box is sequenced in chronological order, beginning with the first known recordings of the Jimi Hendrix Experience in October 1966, and continuing through the recording of his groundbreaking studio albums as well as a variety of transcendent performances, and ending with the artist's final multi-track recording session at New York's Electric Lady Studios in August 1970.LP 1
1. Purple Haze (DeLane Lea Studios, London, UK, January 11, 1967)
2. Killing Floor (Live at the Olympia Theater, Paris, France October 18, 1966)
3. Hey Joe (Live at the Olympia Theater, Paris, France October 18, 1966)
4. Foxey Lady (CBS Studios, London, UK, December 13, 1966)
5. Highway Chile (Olympic Studios, London, UK April 3, 1967)
6. Hey Joe (Pye Studios, London, UK, October 1966)
7. Title #3 (Olympic Studios, London, UK, April 3, 1967)
8. 3rd Stone From The Sun (DeLane Lea Studios, London, UK, January 11,1967)
9. Here He Comes (Lover Man) (Olympic Studios, London, UK, April 4, 1967)
1. If 6 Was 9 (Olympic Studios, London, UK, May 4, 1967)
2. Burning of the Midnight Lamp (Live at the Dee Time, Lime Grove Studios, London, August 22, 1967)
3. Rock Me Baby (Live at the Monterey International Pop Festival, Los Angeles, CA, June 18, 1967)
4. Like A Rolling Stone (Live at the Monterey International Pop Festival, Los Angeles, CA, June 18, 1967)
5. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Live in Stockholm, Sweden, September 5, 1967)
6. Burning of the Midnight Lamp (Live in Stockholm, Sweden, September 5, 1967)
7. Little Wing (Olympic Studios, London, UK, October 25, 1967)
8. Little Miss Lover (Olympic Studios, London, UK, October 1, 1967)
9. Taking Care Of No Business (Olympic Studios, London, UK, May 4, 1967)
1. The Wind Cries Mary (Live at the Olympia Theater, Paris, France, October 19, 1967)
2. Catfish Blues (Live at the Olympia Theater, Paris, France, October 19, 1967)
3. Bold As Love (Olympic Studios, London, UK, October 5, 1967)
4. Sweet Angel (Olympic Studios, London, UK, November 13, 1967)
5. Fire (Live at Clark University, Worcester, MA, March 15, 1968)
6. Somewhere (Sound Center, New York, NY, March 1968)
7. (Have You Ever Been To) Electric Ladyland (Record Plant, New York, NY, June 14, 1968)
8. Gypsy Eyes (Record Plant, New York, NY, April, 22, 1968)
9. Room Full Of Mirrors (Record Plant, New York, NY, August 12, 1968)
1. Gloria (TTG Studios, Hollywood, CA, October 29, 1968)
2. It's Too Bad (Record Plant, New York, NY, February 11, 1969)
3. Stone Free (Record Plant, New York, NY, April, 7, 1969)
4. Spanish Castle Magic (Olympic Studios, London, UK, February 17, 1969)
5. Hear My Train A Comin' (Olympic Studios, London, UK, February 17, 1969)
1. I Don't Live Today (Live at the Los Angeles Forum, CA, April 26, 1969)
2. Room Full Of Mirrors (Record Plant, New York, NY, April 21, 1969)
3. Star Spangled Banner (Record Plant, New York, NY, March 18, 1969)
4. Little Wing (Live at the Royal Albert Hall, London, UK, February 24, 1969)
5. Red House (Live at the San Diego Sports Arena, CA, May 25, 1969)
1. Purple Haze (Live at the San Diego Sports Arena, CA, May 25, 1969)
2. Voodoo Child (Slight Return) (Live at the Royal Albert Hall, London, UK, February 24, 1969)
3. Izabella (Hit Factory New York, NY, August 29, 1969)
4. Message To Love (Record Plant, New York, NY, December 19, 1969)
5. Earth Blues (Record Plant, New York, NY, December 19, 1969)
6. Country Blues (Record Plant, New York, NY, January 23, 1970)
1. Freedom (Record Plant, New York, NY, February 16, 1970)
2. Astro Man (Record Plant, New York, NY, January 21, 1970)
3. Ezy Ryder (Record Plant, New York, NY, December 18, 1969)
4. Come Down Hard On Me (Electric Lady Studios, New York, NY, July 15, 1970)
5. Johnny B. Goode (Live at the Berkeley Community Theater, Berkeley, CA, May 30, 1970)
6. Lover Man (Live at the Electric Lady Studios, New York, NY, July 20, 1970)
7. Blue Suede Shoes (Live at the Berkeley Community Theater, Berkeley, CA, May 30, 1970)
1. Hey Baby / In From The Storm (Live in Maui, Hawaii, July 30, 1970); Hey Baby\ In From The Storm
2. Cherokee Mist (Electric Lady Studios, New York, NY, June 14, 1970)
3. Night Bird Flying (Electric Lady Studios, New York, NY, June 16, 1970)
4. All Along The Watchtower (Live at the Isle Of Wight, England, UK, August 30, 1970)
5. In from the Storm (Live at the Isle Of Wight, England, UK, August 30, 1970)
6. Slow Blues (Electric Lady Studios, New York, NY, August 20, 1970)$189.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP Box Set - 8 LPs Sealed Buy Now
Blonde On Blonde (Box Set) (Awaiting Repress)Ranked 9/500 on Rolling Stone Magazine's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.
That Thin, That Wild Mercury Sound: Dylans Ground-Shaking 1966 Double LP Sent Tremors Throughout the World
Wider Grooves, Superior Sound: Mobile Fidelitys 45RPM Edition The Last Word in Analog Fidelity
Recorded With One of The Most Ear-Awakening Lineups Ever Assembled: Al Kooper, Pig Robbins, Joe South, Kenny Buttrey, and The Bands Rick Danko and Robbie Robertson Among Musicians
Vaudeville, Contemporary Pop, Fiery Rock and Roll, Memphis Blues, Folk-Derived Sagas Among Enriched Palette of Styles
Blonde on Blonde: A double album that transcends time, defies space, suspends reality, and looks through the human soul and tells the listener characteristics about themselves they didnt know. Professor Sean Wilentz, historian-in-residence for Bob Dylans Web site, comes as close to summing up its brilliance in his superb Bob Dylan In America as any whove tried: The songs are rich meditations on desire, frailty, promises, boredom, hurt, envy, connections, missed connections, paranoia, and transcendent beautyin short, the lures and snare of love, stock themes of rock and pop music, but written with a powerful literary imagination and played out in a pop netherworld. No lie.
As part of its Bob Dylan catalog restoration series, Mobile Fidelity is thoroughly humbled to have the privilege of mastering the iconic LP from the original master tapes and pressing it on 45RPM LPs at RTI. The end result is the very finest, most transparent analog edition of Blonde on Blonde ever produced. Forever renowned for what the Bard deemed that thin, that wild mercury sound, the albums famed aural character lives and breathes on this superb version, with wider and deeper grooves affording playback of previously buried information and lifelike presentation of the studio sessions.
Forever prized for a unique sound that cultural critic Greil Marcus tagged the most glamorous record imaginable; listening you [can] see the checkered jesters suit Dylan had worn on stage for the nine previous, furious months, Blonde on Blonde is to music, production, prose, and performance as what hydrogen is to water. The secret to its inimitable aural character partially stems from Dylans request in Nashville to producer Bob Johnston to remove the baffles from the studio room, allowing the musicians to interact as well as the music to assume a more organic quality that drifts from one microphone to another. Mobile Fidelitys reissue captures this ensemble ambience, with echoes, resonation, and some of the most natural timbres youll ever hear in plain sight.
The story of Blonde on Blonde is almost as compelling as the music within. Dylan, frustrated with how initial attempts fared in New York, relocating to Tennessee and pairing with Nashvilles top session players as well as members of what would become the Band, feverishly chasing perfectionism while also arriving at an on-the-fly feel that remains a reference point for recorded music. The Bard sweated over lyrics, demanded his band get the exact sounds he heard in his head, and limited most takes to a handful at most. A majority of songs were recorded long after midnight, the post-A.M. vibe reflected in the nocturnal aura, woozy optimism, inversion of intervals, and spiritual soulfulness of the playing.
As for the tunes? Chapters of books and lengthy theses are dedicated to the sheer conscious-altering power, mythical weight, character cast, and convention-obscuring magnetism of the lyricsto say nothing of the sophisticated albeit pure playing within, as arrangements touch upon gospel, R&B, pop, traditional and contemporary blues, vaudeville, folk, and more. Then theres Dylans inventive phrasing, his manipulation of pitch and locution, helping the narratives to take on epic, inchoate, and cryptic meanings that continue to be deciphered to this day. Punch lines occur as frequently as romantic declarations, all delivered with salient references, traditional parallels, and elusive interpretations on par with those of Shakespeare.
Visions of Johanna. I Want You. Rainy Day Women #12 & 35. Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands. Absolutely Sweet Marie. We could go on. Essential doesnt even begin to cover the genius of this record that, now, sounds better than Dylan himself can imagine.
Given the sonic and artistic merit of this album, we anticipate huge demand.
This title is not eligible for discount.1. Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
2. Pledging My Time
3. Visions of Johanna
4. One of Must Know (Sooner or Later)
5. I Want You
6. Stuck Inside of Mobile With the Memphis Blues Again
7. Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat
8. Just Like a Woman
9. Most Likely You Go Your Way (And Ill Go Mine)
10. Temporary Like Achilles
11. Absolutely Sweet Marie
12. 4th Time Around
13. Obviously 5 Believers
14. Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands$84.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP 45 RPM - 3 LPs Sealed AWAITING REPRESS Buy Now
ADAD-MAT-5688xBelle And Sebastian
Girls In Peacetime Want To Dance (Box Set)
4 LP Box Set With Extended Album Mixes + 4 Bonus Tracks + Poster
Limited To 3,750 Copies
"The Scottish indie-pop group has managed to
build a fan base the old-fashioned way: by writing
old-fashioned songs, the kind that brim with
melody, sensitivity, cleverness, sophistication, and
sheer beauty. It's hard to imagine groups like The
Shins, Arcade Fire, or Vampire Weekend sounding
like they do without its influence"
- Entertainment Weekly
Girls In Peacetime Want To Dance is the longawaited
follow-up to 2010's Write About Love.
Produced and mixed at Maze Studios in Atlanta
by Ben H. Allen III, best known for his work with
Gnarls Barkley, Animal Collective, and Raury,
among others, the band - who have been
listening to things like vintage Detroit techno
and Giorgio Moroder - have brought a danceparty
element into their gorgeous tales of
sensitive souls navigating a world gone awry. It
is perhaps the most inspired and wide-reaching
album Belle and Sebastian have ever made.
Given that band leader Stuart Murdoch has
openly declared himself pro-bubblegum before,
it shouldn't come as a surprise that 'Enter Sylvia
Plath', 'The Book Of You' and 'Play For Today' have
keyboard hooks that recall Scandinavian pop
machines past and present. The filmic loves,
kitchen sink imagery and baroque touches are
still there, too, don't worry. It's all about trusting
in the restorative power of pop music. If you'd
trust anyone to write a great Europop song
about Sylvia Plath, you'd trust Belle & Sebastian.1. Nobody's Empire
3. The Party Line
4. The Power Of Three
5. The Cat With The Cream
6. Enter Sylvia Plath
7. The Everlasting Muse
8. Perfect Couples
9. Ever Had A Little Faith?
10. Play For Today
11. The Book Of You
12. Today (This Army's For Peace)$59.99Vinyl LP Box Set - 4 LPs Sealed Buy Now