- Lowest Price
- Highest Price
Tell Tale Signs'
Tell Tale SignsLimited Edition
Bob Dylans Tell Tale Signs: The Bootleg Series Volume 8 is the 8th installment in the best-selling and critically lauded Bootleg Series which launched in 1991. A treasure-trove of 27 songs spanning 4 Limited Edition 180g LPs, Tell Tale Signs features previously unreleased recordings and alternate versions of tracks from sessions which generated some of Bob Dylans most acclaimed and commercially successful albums from the last two decades, including Time Out Of Mind, Love And Theft, Modern Times and Oh Mercy. This must have Limited Edition 4 LP Box Set comes in 12x12 box with lift off cover and includes a download card, 60 page booklet with photos, essay and credits.
Features include; the previously unreleased songs Dreaming Of You, Red River Shore and Marching To The City from the sessions for the Grammy Award winning album, Time Out Of Mind; recordings created for the motion picture soundtracks of Lucky You (Hucks Tune), Gods & Generals (Cross The Green Mountain) and North Country (an alternate take of Tell Ole Bill); and a selection of outstanding live performances from 1989-2006 including Ring Them Bells from Dylans historic shows at New Yorks Supper Club in 1993,the unreleased Girl From The Greenbriar Shore from 1991 and a consummate rendering of High Water (for Charley Patton) from Niagara Falls in 2003.
Bob Dylan was recently awarded a Pulitzer Prize Special Citation for his profound impact on popular music and American culture, marked by lyrical compositions of extraordinary poetic power.SIDE A
1. Mississippi (Unreleased, Time Out Of Mind)
2. Most Of The Time (Alternate version, Oh Mercy)
3. Dignity (Piano Demo, Oh Mercy)
4. Someday Baby (Alternate version, Modern Times)
1. Red River Shore (Unreleased, Time Out Of Mind)
2. Tell Ol Bill (Alternate version, North Country soundtrack)
3. Born In Time (Unreleased, Oh Mercy)
1. Cant Wait (Alternate Version, Time Out Of Mind)
2. Everything Is Broken (Alternate version, Oh Mercy)
3. Dreamin Of You (Unreleased, Time Out Of Mind)
4. Hucks Tune (From Lucky You Soundtrack)
1. Marchin To The City (Unreleased, Time Out Of Mind)
2. High Water (For Charley Patton) (Live, 2003)
3. Mississippi (Unreleased version #2, Time Out of Mind)
1. 32-20 Blues (Unreleased, World Gone Wrong)
2. Series Of Dreams (Unreleased, Oh Mercy)
3. God Knows (Unreleased, Oh Mercy)
4. Cant Escape From You (Unreleased, December 2005)
1. Dignity (Unreleased, Oh Mercy)
2. Ring Them Bells (Live at The Supper Club, 1993)
3. Cocaine Blues (Live, 1997)
1. Aint Talkin (Alternate version, Modern Times)
2. The Girl On The Greenbriar
3. Shore (Live, 1992)
4. Lonesome Day Blues (Live, 2002)
1. Miss The Mississippi (Unreleased, 1992)
2. The Lonesome River (With Ralph Stanley)
3. Cross the Green Mountain (From Gods and Generals soundtrack)$98.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 4 LPs Sealed Buy Now
Lily-OLily-O, a new album of reimagined folk songs by Vermont-born singer/fiddler/banjoist/guitarist Sam Amidon will be released by Nonesuch Records. The album was produced by Valgeir Sigurðsson (Björk, Bonnie "Prince" Billy, Feist) and features the innovative jazz guitarist and composer Bill Frisell, along with Amidon's other frequent collaborators, bassist Shahzad Ismaily and drummer Chris Vatalaro.
Frisell has been a hero of Amidon's since the young Vermont native first heard the guitarist play at the Village Vanguard during a teenage visit to New York City. The two musicians stayed in touch and had their first live collaboration in 2011; not long after, Amidon began contemplating a return to Iceland to make a third album at Sigurðsson's Greenhouse Studios. He eventually invited Frisell to join him and Sigurðsson, along with Ismaily and Vatalaro, to record what became Lily-O.
"I decided to put us all in a room together in Reykjavik for a few days," Amidon said. "I knew if I got Bill together with those guys they would get into a deep situation. I imagined that we would do something weird and fiddle-based, but when we got in there it just felt great to sing the songs I had gathered. Recording took about four days. I'd teach them the basic structure of the song; we'd do a few takes, and move on to a new one. There's maybe one or two overdubs but otherwise you're hearing what we played."
Lily-O's ten songs are mostly traditional folk songs gathered from disparate sources and refashioned in Amidon's signature way. The interplay between the four musicians is informed by their backgrounds in improvised music and the spontaneous nature of the sessions. As always, the central element is Amidon's voice, which, in his deceptively understated manner, tells tales of adventure, love, violence and redemption.
Lily-O follows four albums by Amidon including his 2013 Nonesuch debut, Bright Sunny South. 2010's I See The Sign and 2008's All Is Well were made for the Icelandic label Bedroom Community and featured orchestral arrangements by composer Nico Muhly. Along the way Amidon has performed worldwide in myriad contexts, collaborating with musicians such as Muhly, Thomas Bartlett/Doveman, Beth Orton and Glen Hansard. He has appeared as a guest artist on recent albums by Tune-Yards, Aoife O'Donovan and the Blind Boys of Alabama.1. Walkin' Boss
2. Down The Line
3. Blue Mountains
4. Pat Do This, Pat Do That
6. Groundhog Variations
7. Won't Turn Back
8. Maid Lamenting
9. Your Lone Journey
10. Devotion$24.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now