The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame will induct The Cars in April, honoring the legendary band's incredible musical legacy and enormous commercial success. Rhino will kick off the celebration early with expanded editions for Heartbeat City.
Each release features the original album - remastered in 2016 - expanded with rare and unreleased bonus tracks. Illustrated booklets accompany the music and contain liner notes written by renowned rock journalist David Fricke, who details the history of each album with new interviews by band members Ric Ocasek.
The album, which peaked at #3 on the charts, went on to sell four million copies, making it the band's fifth consecutive platinum album. An amazing success, the album launched five tracks that reached the Top 40, including the Top Ten hits "Drive" and "You Might Think." Videos for the songs received heavy airplay on MTV, including "Hello Again," which was directed by Andy Warhol, and "You Might Think," which won the inaugural MTV Video Music Award for Video of the Year in 1984. Among the seven bonus tracks included on HEARTBEAT CITY: EXPANDED EDITION are unreleased versions of "Why Can't I Have You" and "I Refuse," as well as the demo for "Drive."
1. Since You're Gone (Remastered)
2. Shake It Up (Remastered)
3. I'm Not The One (Remastered)
4. Victim Of Love (Remastered)
5. Cruiser (Remastered)
6. A Dream Away (Remastered)
7. This Could Be Love (Remastered)
8. Think It Over (Remastered)
9. Maybe Baby (Remastered)
1. Since You're Gone (Early Version)
2. Shake It Up (Demo)
3. I'm Not The One (Remix) [Remastered]
4. Cruiser (Early Version)
5. Take It On The Run (Early Version of A Dream Away)
6. Coming Up You Again (1981 Version of Coming Up You)
7. Little Black Egg (Remastered)
8. Midnight Dancer