Label / Make
Genre / Model
- Please Select
- Name: A to Z
- Name: Z to A
- Price: Low to High
- Price: High to Low
Rega Planar 6 Turntable
Need help choosing the right turntable for you? Please contact our audio advisor at 1-877-929-8729 with any questions or concerns regarding your equipment purchase.
**All Cartridges Installed Free Of Charge**
The Planar 6 is built around the huge success of the RP8 and RP10 turntables. It is the first new Rega turntable to be constructed with an ultra lightweight Tan-Cast 8 polyurethane foam core plinth (a material developed for the aerospace industry) . This material is sandwiched between a new HPL (high pressure laminate). HPL is exceptionally thin whilst extremely rigid and is presented in a stunning Polaris matt grey finished with high gloss polymer black edge trim.
The Planar 6 now benefits from a single piece, machined aluminum sub-platter, a new 24v motor hand tuned and matched to its own NEO power supply and custom drive pulley fitted with our upgrade drive belt as standard.
The Neo PSU uses the RP10 DSP (digital signal processing) generator built upon a high stability crystal. The DSP generator will divide the accurate signal from the crystal to the exact frequency required to turn the platter at the selected speed. The DSP generator will also produce a near perfect sinusoidal waveform to drive the motor. This, along with an efficient drive amplifier, generates a 24V AC balanced signal of less than 0.15% distortion, which is completely un-affected by any changes in the mains/line voltage and conditions. This then drives the turntables anti-vibration circuit, which is situated beneath the turntable.
$1,595.00Planar 6 Turntable - Cartridge OptionsBuy Now
- NEO power supply.
- Super lightweight foam core plinth.
- Plinth laminate: New Polaris HPL (high pressure laminate). Non-marking matt finish scratch resistant high rigidity skin.
- Available in one finish ‘Polaris Grey’ matt finish with high gloss black polymer edge trim.
- Upgrade white drive belt fitted as standard.
- Custom dual layer smoked / clear float glass platter.
- Single piece aluminium sub platter.
- Custom machined high precision drive pulley.
- Patent pending, ultra-low friction central brass hub.
- Rega’s double brace technology, with integral custom matched aluminium tonearm and hub pillars to ensure maximum rigidity and accuracy.
- RB330 handmade precision tonearm with custom stainless weight.
- New high spec Rega 24v low noise synchronous motor – each motor matched by hand to its own NEO PSU ensuring optimum anti-vibration control.
- New smoked dust cover.
- New aluminium foot trims and Planar style feet.
- Available with Ania MC cartridge factory fitted.
At age 14, Roy Gandy wanted a record player; his mother wanted a television set. Since mom was paying, a television it was. Years later, as Roy finally got his hands on any and all record players he could, his passion for music took a natural turn to a deep interest in hi-fi systems. Witnessing the sound possible from a full system complete with turntable, cartridge, amplifier and speakers set Roy out to salvage and then modify his first hi-fi record deck.
In 1972, a magazine reviewed Roy’s modified Connoisseur deck as part of a series on readers’ systems. Since no one cared much about turntables at the time or even recognized their importance on the quality and purity of music, the reviewer couldn’t puzzle out why Roy’s system had such incredible sound. But Roy did, and it only further fueled his passion.
Over the next decade, Roy went from spending his free time installing hi-fi equipment, building speakers, and repairing and modifying turntables to his exact requirements until the hobby became his calling and Rega was born. As Rega’s development and release of better turntables continued, so did the in-house production of better tonearms, like the award-winning RB300, and finally the Bias and Elys cartridges in 1988. Rega turntables had come into their own.
Currently, the Rega turntable lineup includes the Rega RP1, Rega RP3, Rega RP6, Rega RP8, and Rega RP10, all built on the decades-long practice of better equipment, better sound, and better prices. With their minimalist designs and high-quality components, your vinyl has never looked or sounded better.