- Show More Options
- Show Less Options
Label / Make
- Show More Options
- Show Less Options
Genre / Model
Label / Make
Genre / Model
- Please Select
- Name: A to Z
- Name: Z to A
- Price: Low to High
- Price: High to Low
Genre > Soul, R&B, Funk
A Message from The Meters - The Complete Josie, Reprise & Warner Bros. Singles 1968-1977Includes Rare Mono Single Mixes For The Josie Sides And Stereo Single Mixes For The Reprise And Warner Bros. Sides
All But Five Tracks From The Original Tape Sources
Features Such Legendary Tracks As “Sophisticated Cissy,” “Cissy Strut,” “Look-Ka Py Py,” “Chicken Strut,” “Hand Clapping Song,” And “Hey Pocky A-way”
Liner Notes By Bill Dahl Include Quotes From Nocentelli, Art Neville, And Porter
Remastered By Mike Milchner At Sonicvision
Lower-Priced Black Vinyl Triple-LP Set
How would you like to hear a new side—or should we say sides—of the world’s greatest funk band? This 3-LP, 40-track collecton presents the A and B-side of every single that organist Art Neville, guitarist Leo Nocentelli, bassist George Porter, Jr., and drummer Joseph “Zigaboo” Modeliste cut for the Josie, Reprise & Warner Bros. label, virtually their entire singles output (all but two co-produced by the late, great Allen Toussaint) save for a few odds ‘n’ ends issued mostly overseas. That means that you not only get every hit along with its hard-to-find B-side but also the rare single mixes, including the especially rare original mono single mixes of the 1968-1971 Josie sides, very few of which have appeared on vinyl since their original 45 release (the first three LP sides are all mono; the last three, featuring the later Reprise and Warner Bros. singles, presents all stereo single mixes). These songs represent the mother lode of New Orleans funk, classic tracks like “Sophisticated Cissy,” “Cissy Strut,” “Look-Ka Py Py,” “Chicken Strut,” “Hand Clapping Song,” “Hey Pocky A-Way,” and more. And, with liner notes by Bill Dahl featuring quotes from Nocentelli, Neville, and Porter, this 3-LP set offers the best vinyl retrospective to date of this enormously influential band. And how’s the sound? Well, after extensive and exhaustive tape research, we were able to come up with original tape sources for all but five of these single sides, and the remastering—by Mike Milchner at SonicVision—is tight. Now in a lower-priced black vinyl edition for crate-diggers everywhere!LP 1
1. Sophisticated Cissy
2. Sehorns Farms
3. Cissy Strut
4. Here Comes The Meter Man
5. Ease Back
7. Dry Spell
8. Little Old Money Maker
9. Look-Ka Py Py
10. This Is My Last Affair
11. Chicken Strut
12. Hey! Last Minute
13. Hand Clapping Song
1. A Message from the Meters
2. Zony Mash
3. Stretch Your Rubber Band
4. Groovy Lady
5. (The World Is A Bit Under The Weather) Doodle-Oop
6. I Need More Time
7. Good Old Funky Music
8. Sassy Lady
9. Do the Dirt
11. Cabbage Alley
12. The Flower
13. Chug-Chug-Chug-A-Lug (Push ‘N’ Shove) Part I
14. Chug-Chug-Chug-A-Lug (Push ‘N’ Shove) Part II
1. Hey Pocky A-Way
3. People Say
4. Loving You Is on My Mind
5. They All Ask’d for You
6. Running Fast (Long Version)
7. Disco Is the Thing Today
8. Mr. Moon
9. Trick Bag
10. Find Yourself
11. Be My Lady
12. No More Okey Doke
$54.99Vinyl LP - 3 LPs SealedBuy Now
The Stax Vinyl 7s BoxA legendary R&B logo, with recordings made from Memphis to Detroit, and throughout the 1960s well into the 1970s, the Stax team always created astoundingly vibrant recordings. The label discovered world-class vocalists, innovative producers and musicians that excelled.
To celebrate its 60th anniversary and its influence on dancefloors around the world presented here on seven 45s are fourteen in-demand rare grooves from both the famous and under-rated artists who cut amazing music for the Stax group of labels. All highly sought after around the world by connoisseurs of both Modern and Northern Soul. Includes booklet with notes written by set compiler, Richard Searling, legendary Northern Soul DJ and BBC presenter.1. I'm The One Who Loves You - Darrell Banks
2. Sweet Sherry - J.J. Barnes
1. I'll Never Stop Loving You - Carla Thomas
2. One More Chance - Margie Joseph
1. The Whole Damn World Is Going Crazy - John Gary Williams
2. Why Must Our Eyes Always Be Turned Backwards - Lou Bond
1. Hey You! Don't Fight It! - The Montclairs
2. The Stars - Barbara Lewis
1. Friday Night - Johnnie Taylor
2. Happy - William Bell
1. Special Kind Of Woman - Paul Thompson
2. You're My Only Temptation - Roz Ryan
1. Can You Win - Charlene & The Soul Serenaders
2. (Let Hurt Put You in the) Loser's Seat - Joni Wilson
$64.997" Vinyl Single Box Set - 7 Singles SealedBuy Now
Complete Mythology81 track, 6LP+4CD box (both formats included) contains re-mastered versions of no less than 28 singles from the Twinight, Federal, Cha-Cha, Tmp-Ting, Special Agent, and Zachron labels, facsimiles of the Dresses Too Short and Is It Because I'm Black albums, ten previously unreleased tracks and detailed track by track notes from acclaimed music historian Bill Dahl. The 52 page booklet contains a 35,000 word essay, scores of previously unpublished photos, a sampling index, and complete discographyall presented in a lavish hard bound box.LP 1 My Gift"
02. They Who Love
03. I've Got Love
04. Lonely Man
05. I Need Love
06. His Gift
07. I've Got To Find My Baby
01. Shes So Fine - I Just Gotta Make Her Mine
02. Little Sally Walker
03. I Resign From Your Love
04. I Wanna Know
05. Well Oh Well
06. Please, Please, Please
07. Im Looking For My Baby
LP 2 Do You Know What Soul Is?
01. She's Alright
02. I Know
03. A Half Love
04. I've Been Talked About
05. This Heart Of Mine
06. Falling In Love Again
07. I've Got To Get Over
01. Straight Love No Chaser
03. Half A Love
04. Do You Know What Love Is
05. The Love I Found In You
06. Do You Know What Love Is
07. Things Ain't Right
LP 3 Dresses Too Short
01. Dresses Too Short
02. I Can Take Care Of Business
03. Different Strokes
04. Soul Drippin'
05. Fox Hunting On The Weekend
06. Ode To Soul Man
01. Come On Sock It To Me
02. I'll Take Those Skinny Legs
03. Try Me
04. Same Kind Of Thing
05. I've Got The Real Thing
06. Sorry 'Bout Dat
07. Soul Strokes
LP 4 My Funky Funky Band
01. Send Me Some Lovin'
02. Try Me
03. I Feel An Urge
04. I Resign
05. Love Condition
06. Going To The Shack
07. Don't Give It Away
01. My Funky Band
02. Sockin' Soul Power
03. Double Whammy
04. Take Me Back
05. I Take Care Of Homework
06. Let Them Hang High
LP 5 "Is It Because Im Black"
01. Is It Because I'm Black
02. Come Together
03. Together Forever
04. Everybody Needs Love
05. Soul Heaven
01. Concrete Reservation
02. Black Balloons
03. Walk A Mile In My Shoes
04. I'm Talkin' 'Bout Freedom
05. Right On
LP 6 "We Do It Together"
01. One Way Ticket To Nowhere
02. Kiss By Kiss
03. Thank You Baby
04. We Do It Together
05. Try My Love
06. That's Why
07. Get Ready
08. The Way You Do The Things You Do
01. Annie Got Hot Pants Power
02. Wouldn't Change My Lady
03. All I Need Is Someone Like You
04. Let's Start All Over Again
05. Hot Pants Lady
06. Wiggle In Your Hips
07. Your Love Is Good For Me
08. Trying To Get To You
$90.99Vinyl LP Box Set - 6 LPs + 4 CDs SealedBuy Now
Awaken, My Love! (Box Set)Limited Edition Virtual Reality Box Set
Pressed On 2x Heavyweight 45 RPM LPs
Glow In The Dark Cover
Includes Virtual Reality Headset
Instructions To Access Exclusive Virtual Reality Live Performances From The Pharos Experience
Childish Gambino's third album, "Awaken, My Love!," is being packaged as a limited edition virtual reality box set. This deluxe version is pressed on 2x heavyweight 45 RPM LPs, and includes a glow in the dark cover, an exclusive booklet, and a virtual reality headset. Additionally, it contains instructions to access exclusive virtual reality live performances from the PHAROS Experience.LP 1
1. Me and Your Mama
2. Have Some Love
3. Baby Boy
4. The Night Me and Your Mama Met
5. Stand Tall
$59.99Vinyl LP Box Set 45 RPM - 2 LPs SealedBuy Now
True Soul: Deep Sounds From The Left Of Stax (Box Set)Complete Anthology Including All 32 Rare And Unreleased 60s And 70s Soul, Funk, Disco And Party-rap Cuts From The True Soul Vaults
10 Page Full Color Booklet Including Never Before Seen Photos, Extensive Liner Notes And A Candid Interview Between Producer Eothen "Egon" Alapatt And Lee Anthony
All Tracks Remastered From The Original Master Tapes
60's and 70's Soul, Funk, Disco, Party-Rap and Boogie from Arkansas's Legendary Independent Label the final installment presented as an all inclusive 4xLP Anthology.
Now-Again Records, in association with label-owner Lee Anthony, is proud to present the release of True Soul: Deep Sounds from the Left of Stax, a collection of rare and unreleased funk and soul music from the fabled Arkansas indie. Over twelve years in the making, this anthology presented over the course of two volumes of CD/DVDs and one four-LP box set seeks to establish True Soul's rightful place within America's funk and soul pantheon.
As much as this set is about the adventurous, always-funky and oh-so-rare recordings that True Soul made possible, it is also about Anthony, the man. A true, American "up-from-the-bootstraps" story, Anthony's is one in which his frontiersman's entrepreneurial spirit and vision remains undeterred as he sets up black-owned businesses in a post-Jim Crow South and succeeds in capturing recordings from the high water mark of America's funk and soul movement.
Anthony's story intertwines with the renowned Sam Philips an early mentor and patron and Memphis's Al Bell and Willie Mitchell with whom Anthony collaborated as he tried to cultivate Little Rock's funk and soul in the shadow of Stax and Hi Records. This anthology will make influence amongst the history of southern funk and soul is transparent, as his story of how he helped turn a stranded road band into the Gap Band.
This comprehensive True Soul Records anthology including a 10-page, booklet chock full of photos, ephemera and extensive liner notes - not only carries the rare distributed funk and soul 45s that led the likes of renowned collectors DJ Shadow and Cut Chemist to Lee Anthony's door in search of Anthony's fabled "treasure chest," but also includes previously unreleased boogie, disco and party rap recorded in True Soul's early-80's twilight. You can find this all contained in a one of a kind 4xLP boxset, with each sleeve donning the True Soul logo that Anthony held so dear.1. Thomas East - 'Slipping Around (45 Version)'
2. Albert Smith - 'Come Together'
3. John Craig - 'Doing My Own Thing'
4. York Wilborn's Psychedelic Six - 'Wheezin'
5. The Conspiracy - 'I Believe (Our Love Has Gone Away)'
6. Ren Smith - 'Smog (Full Version)'
7. Thomas East - 'Sister Funk (Original, Full Version)'
8. York Wilborn's Psychedelic Six - 'Funky Football'
9. York Wilborn's Psychedelic Six - 'Psychedelic Hot Pants (Full Version)'
10. Classsic Funk - 'Hard Times'
11. The Right Track - 'I Gotta Move With The Groove'
12. The Conspiracy - 'Conspiracy'
13. Thomas East - 'Funky Music'
14. The Conspiracy - 'The Real Thing'
15. The Leaders - '(It's A) Rat Race'
16. Thomas East - ''Follow The Rainbow (Alternate Mix)'
17. Albert Smith - 'The Thrill Is Gone'
18. Thomas East - 'Just A Trip'
19. Larry Davis - 'Down Home Funk (Full Version)'
20. The Right Track - 'You For Me And Me For You'
21. Thomas East - 'Sister Funk' (instrumental)
22. Classic Funk - 'The Funk's Gonna Fly'
23. York Wilborn's Psychedelic Six - 'Thank You'
24. The Right Track - 'Maybe Yes, Maybe No'
25. Portrait - 'Love You For Now On'
26. The Leaders - '(It's A) Rat Race (Vocal)'
27. John Craig - 'I Don't Want To Do It'
28. John Craig - 'Doing My Own Thing (Interlude)'
29. Portrait - 'Springtime Smile'
30. Le'Chance - 'Get Down'
31. Le'Chance - 'Gigolo'
32. Soul Mind And Body - 'I Took Your Love (To Be True) (Full Version)'
$69.99Vinyl LP Box Set - 4 LPs SealedBuy Now
This Is ItImport
Import only four vinyl LP pressing. 2009 release from the late great King Of Pop, the musical companion to the major motion picture of the same name. This Is It: The Movie is made up of intimate and spectacular footage filmed during rehearsals for Jackson's proposed July 2009 comeback shows. When he died in June of 2009, he left behind hundreds of hours of footage, which have been edited together to create a glorious tribute to his majestic talents. The album features some of his biggest hits sequenced in the same order as they appear in the film.
This title is not eligible for discount.
1. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
3. They Don't Care About Us
4. Human Nature
5. Smooth Criminal
6. The Way You Make Me Feel
7. Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)
8. I Just Can't Stop Loving You
10. Beat It
11. Black Or White
12. Earth Song
13. Billie Jean
14. Man In The Mirror
15. This Is It
16. This Is It - Orchestral Version
17. She's Out Of My Life - Demo
18. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' - Demo
19. Beat It - Demo
20. Planet Earth - Demo$79.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 4 LPs SealedBuy Now
Otis BlueRanked 74/500 on Rolling Stone Magazine's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.
200-Gram 45 RPM Double LP Plated And Pressed At Quality Record Pressings!
Tip-On Gatefold Jacket From Stoughton Printing
Otis Redding's third album presents his talent unfettered, his direction clear and his confidence emboldened, with fully half the songs representing a reach that extended his musical grasp. More than a quarter of this album is given over to Redding's version of songs by Sam Cooke, his idol, who had died the previous December.
Otis Redding Sings Soul is considered by many critics to be Redding's first great album. Recorded in April and July of 1965, it was released September 15th of that same year. The styles of Cooke and Redding couldn't have been more different; Cooke smooth and sure, Redding raw and pleading. But Redding's versions of "Shake" and "A Change Is Gonna Come" show how Cooke's sound and message helped shape Redding's Southern soul sound. Redding's singing reaches a new level of expressiveness with this as well as with covers of B.B. King's "Rock Me Baby" and the Motown hit "My Girl."
This great album receives the full Analogue Productions reissue treatment here, starting with Kevin Gray's remaster from the original analogue tapes. Then we back that up with 200-gram plating and pressing on super-silent vinyl by our own Quality Record Pressings. Finally it's all housed in a tip-on gatefold jacket from Stoughton Printing. Deluxe all the way; you'll be estatic with the results!
This title is not eligible for discount.1. Ole Man Trouble
3. Change Gonna Come
4. Down In The Valley
5. I've Been Loving You Too Long
7. My Girl
8. Wonderful World
9. Rock Me Baby
11. You Don't Miss Your Water
$54.99200 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP 45 RPM - 2 LPs SealedBuy Now
Night BeatClearly Sam Cooke's most intimate, most soulful and ultimately most real recording. This one has the feel of a private performance captured after hours when the audience had gone home and the singer was singing purely for the love of his songs. The performance put forth is simply straight from Cooke’s soul. His selection of songs include spiritual, bluesy ballads and gospel classics. Cooke owns these songs, making each interpretation all his own. This is warm music that’s easy to connect with. Mastered by George Marino at Sterling Sound from the original three-track masters.
Originally released in 1963.
This title is not eligible for discount.1. Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen
2. Lost and Lookin'
3. Mean Old World
4. Please Don't Drive Me Away
5. I Lost Everything
6. Get Yourself a Another Fool
7. Little Red Rooster
8. Laughin' and Clownin'
9. Trouble Blues
10. You Gotta Move
11. Fool's Paradise
12. Shake Rattle and Roll$54.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl 45 RPM LP - 2 LPs SealedBuy Now
The Early Motown EPs Vinyl Box SetTogether for the first time as a vinyl collection – Motown’s first 7 EPs. Super rare and super collectable, this vinyl set is a must for any Motown fan. Strictly limited and individually numbered. Motown EPs came in glossy photo covers with some carrying pictures of the artists and for most this was the first glimpse of newly found idols. Artists featured on these EPs were an early Motown hall of fame – The Miracles, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye and The Supremes to name a few.1. Shop Around [Regional Version] - The Miracles
2. Who's Lovin' You - The Miracles
3. Ain't It Baby - The Miracles
4. The Only One I Love - The Miracles
5. Heatwave - Martha Reeves & The Vandellas
6. A Love She Can Count On - The Miracles
7. Hitch Hike - Marvin Gaye
8. My Daddy Knows Best - The Marvelettes
9. I Call It Pretty Music But The Old People Call It The Blues Pt. 1 - Stevie Wonder
10. I Call It Pretty Music But The Old People Call It The Blues Pt. 2 - Stevie Wonder
11. Work Out Stevie, Work Out - Stevie Wonder
12. Monkey Talk - Stevie Wonder
13. I Gotta Dance To Keep From Crying - The Miracles
14. Love Me All The Way - Kim Weston
15. A Breathtaking Guy - The Supremes
16. As Long As I Know He's Mine - The Marvelettes
17. Can I Get A Witness - Marvin Gaye
18. Too Hurt To Cry, Too Much In Love To Say Goodbye - The Darnells
19. Leaving Here - Eddie Holland
20. Quicksand - Martha Reeves & The Vandellas
$59.997" Vinyl EP 45 RPM Box Set - 7 EPs SealedBuy Now
William Onyeabor: LP Box Set 2William Onyeabor is a box set of four of the albums elusive Nigerian synth-funk pioneer William Onyeabor self-released between 1977 and 1985 — remastered and officially available for the first time. His music represents the epitome of the golden era of Nigerian funk, before he gave up a life in music to become a devout Christian. Luaka Bop released the critically acclaimed compilation Who is William Onyeabor’s in October of 2013, and has since seen the release of the documentary Fantastic Man, which was fabricated around the myth of the musician, attempts to unearth the man behind the music, which is also now a full blown live show touring the world, paying tribute to the music of William Onyeabor featuring a supergroup of Damon Albarn, David Byrne, Kele Okereke from Bloc Party, Alexis Taylor from Hot Chip, the Lijadu Sisters, Money Mark, Pat Mahoney and Sinkane. To this day, William Onyeabor has not spoken about his music in one single interview.
Box Set Includes:
Crashes in Love (2nd Version)
Body and Soul
7" of William Onyeabor's "Body & Soul" by Peaking Lights
16 Page 5" x 7" booklet with text by Michael RubinLPs Included:
Crashes in Love (2nd Version)
Body and Soul
7" of William Onyeabor's "Body & Soul" by Peaking Lights$74.99Vinyl LP Box Set + 7" + 16Pg Booklet - 4 LPs SealedBuy Now
Eccentric Soul: The Way Out LabelFueled by the financial drippings of number runners and boosted by Hall-of-Fame running back Jim Brown, Cleveland, Ohio’s Way Out Records offered asylum for a rising crop of rogue soul men, rust-belt vocal ensembles, and trial-by-fire producers. Helmed by a friendly consortium of hustlers, police officers, and gridiron giants, pet project beget obsession as Motown arrangers, gospel choirs, and the Cleveland Symphony Orchestra were all beckoned to the wrong side of the tracks to mint masterpieces for the Sensations, Volcanic Eruption, the Exceptional Three, and Bobby Wade, all beneath the mindful gaze of a wall-mounted shotgun. Reaching their peak in the late ‘60s, Eccentric Soul: The Way Out Label gathers the brightest moments from the quirky operation’s eleven year bid.
The 3LP configuration boasts a double gatefold with beautiful photos and ephemera from the label’s low-flying promotional department. For fans of group harmony, sweet soul, orchestral feats and lo-fi oddities, The Way Out Label is an excellent addition to our already popular and powerful Eccentric Soul series.1. The Occasions - There’s No You
2. The Sensations - Demanding Man
3. Jesse Fisher - You’re Not Loving A Beginner
4. The Soul Notes - How Long Will It Last
5. The Sensations - I Won’t Be Hurt
6. The Springers - Why
7. Lou Ragland and the Bandmasters - Never Let Me Go
8. The Springers - I Know My Baby Loves Me So
9. Lou Ragland and the Bandmasters - Party At Lester’s
10. Verna & Rob - More Soul
11. Betty & Angel - Honey Coated Loving
12. Sammy Jones - She Didn’t Know
13. The Sensations - Two Can Make It
14. Bobby Wade - I’m In Love With You
15. Norman Scott - Ain’t That A Heartache
16. Soul Notes - Don’t Make Me Beg
17. The Sensations - Please Baby Please
18. Bobby Wade - Can’t You Hear Me Calling
19. Jesse Fisher - Don’t Cheat On Me
20. Norman Scott - Baby Don’t Go
21. Volcanic Eruption - Red Robin
22. Bobby Wade - Down Here On The Ground
23. The Sensations - Oh Girl
24. The Exceptional Three - Loving A Stranger
25. The Exceptional Three - Unlucky Girl
26. The Soul Notes - I Got Everything I Need
27. Volcanic Eruption - I’ve Got Something Going For Me
28. The Sensations - It’s A New Day
29. The Harmonics - Which Way
30. The Harmonics - Harmonics On The Warpath
31. The Sensations - Lonely World
32. Fred Towles - Too Much Monkey Business
33. Bobby Wade - Four Walls and A Window
34. The Sensations - I Guess That’s Life
35. Sammy Jones - You’ve Got To Show Me
36. The Exceptional Three - What About Me
37. The Occasions - Baby Don’t Go
38. Verna and Rob - I’m In Love With You
39. Jesse Fisher - Why
40. The Soul Notes - I Can’t Wait Until the Weekend
$51.99Vinyl LP - 3 LPs SealedBuy Now
Eccentric Soul: The Bandit LabelFive years since it's original release, Numero's flagship compilation gets a facelift. The new deluxe double album set features a new master, new liner notes, more photos and one additional track. Relive the early 00s with classics by Marion Black, Johnson, Hawkins, Tatum & Durr, the Four Mints, Elijah & the Ebonites, Kool Blues, Ronnie Taylor and label founder Bill Moss.LP 1
1. The Arrows – We Have Love
2. The Arrows – The Love I See Now
3. The Arrows – Boogedy Boogedy
4. The Arrows – Bring Back The One I Love
5. Johnny Davis – You’ve Got To Crawl To Me
6. Sandy Cleveland – My Heart Will Never Lie
7. Sandy Cleveland – We Love Together
8. Linda Balentine – You’re A Habit Hard To Break
9. Linda Balentine – Glad About That
10. Altyrone Deno Brown – Sweet Pea
11. Altyrone Deno Brown – If You Love Me
12. The Chosen Few – Lift This Hurt
13. The Chosen Few – You’ve Been Unfair
14. Hassan – Ghetto King
1. Majestic Arrows – One More Time Around
2. Majestic Arrows – Love Is All I Need
3. Majestic Arrows – Doing It For Us
4. Majestic Arrows – Going To Make A Time Machine
5. Majestic Arrows – Ladies And Wonderful Girls
6. Majestic Arrows – I’ll Never Cry For Another Boy
7. Majestic Arrows – We Love Together
8. Majestic Arrows – Another Day
9. Majestic Arrows – The Magic of Your Love
10. Majestic Arrows – Going To Make A Time Machine (Instrumental)
1. Michigan Avenue Sound Orchestra – Poon Tang Thump
2. Altyrone Deno Brown – I Will Find You
3. Altyrone Deno Brown – The Eclipse Of Love
4. Wind – Don’t Let Them Tell You
5. Wind – People
6. Majestic Arrows – One More Time Around (Rehearsal)
7. Majestic Arrows – Love Is All I Need (Rehearsal)
8. Majestic Arrows – If I Had A Little Love (Rehearsal)
9. Majestic Arrows – Make Yourself Over (Rehearsal)
10. Majestic Arrows – I’ll Never Cry For Another Boy (Rehearsal)
11. Altyrone Deno Brown – Thought I Was A Playboy (LP only)
12. Unknown – Come Back Home (LP only)
$51.99Vinyl LP - 3 LPs SealedBuy Now
West Coast Seattle Boy: The Jimi Hendrix Anthology (Out Of Stock)LPs Cut from the Original Masters at Sterling Sound by Iconic Engineer George Marino
58-Track Behemoth Includes 45 Previously Unreleased Hendrix Studio and Live Recordings
Hendrix's Journey Traced in Music: From Little-Known R&B Sideman to Rock Superstar
Ultimate Hendrix Set is the Jewel of Legacy's Catalog Restoration Project
The wave of newly re-mastered, all-analog Jimi Hendrix titles culminates in the long awaited release of West Coast Seattle Boy: The Jimi Hendrix Anthology. This definitive career-spanning 8-LP Box Set tracks Hendrixs remarkable journey from R&B sideman to international guitar hero. The deluxe set is filled with previously unreleased Jimi Hendrix Experience recordings plus demos, alternate takes, and more. This newly assembled Jimi Hendrix anthology also includes a new Hendrix documentary DVD, directed by the Grammy award-winning Bob Smeaton (Beatles Anthology, Festival Express, and Beatles: The Studio Recordings). The LPs have been cut from the original masters at Sterling Sound in Manhattan by iconic engineer George Marino.
This long-awaited career-spanning box set tracks Hendrix's remarkable journey from little known R&B sideman to international stardom through an unprecedented assemblage of previously unavailable recordings. West Coast Seattle Boy - The Jimi Hendrix Anthology is not a collection of existing Hendrix albums but instead 45 unreleased Hendrix live and studio recordings including demos and alternate versions of songs from Are You Experienced, Axis: Bold As Love, and Electric Ladyland.
West Coast Seattle Boy includes Hendrixs never before heard version of Bob Dylans 'Tears Of Rage," solo acoustic recordings of Electric Ladyland favorites like "Long Hot Summer Night" and "1983 (A Merman I Shall Turn To Be)" as well as never before heard live performances from Berkeley and the legendary Band Of Gypsys Fillmore East concert on New Year's Eve 1969 combined together with such new Hendrix songs as "Hear My Freedom," "Hound Dog Blues," "Lonely Avenue" and more.
A centerpiece achievement in Legacy Recordings' monumental Jimi Hendrix catalog project, West Coast Seattle Boy - The Jimi Hendrix Anthology is the first Hendrix collection to bring fans access to a comprehensive treasure trove of fresh material -- including demos, alternate takes, live concert jewels and more -- from all phases of the artist's recording career (1964 -1970). It offers the most complete collection of Jimi's pre-Experience R&B performances (including his singles with the Isley Brothers, Little Richard, Don Covay, King Curtis and more) to ever be officially anthologized, while bringing together the most comprehensive and revelatory set of fully realized songs, never before heard live performances, alternate studio takes, acoustic and electric demos, and other rarities drawn from every chapter of Hendrix's remarkable life and career.
The newly curated and assembled West Coast Seattle Boy - The Jimi Hendrix Anthology also includes Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child, a new 90-minute documentary directed by the multiple Grammy-award winning Bob Smeaton (Beatles Anthology, Festival Express, Beatles: The Studio Recordings, Band of Gypsys). An autobiographical journey told in the legendary musician's own words as read by Parliament-Funkadelic's Bootsy Collins, the film incorporates interviews with Hendrix, coupled with the artist's letters, writings and recordings to provide new insight into one of the most enduring icons of popular culture.
The documentary features some of Jimi's greatest performances as well as rare and never before seen footage and photos including--for the first time ever--examples from the Hendrix family archive of the late guitarists personal drawings, postcards home to his father, song drafts, sketches, and lyrics.
"Who better to tell the incredible story of a man's life than the man himself? Jimi was amazing and only his music, with tones and textures that he conjured, can capture the colorful and expansive essence of his time here on earth. I am enthralled with this all-encompassing new anthology which not only illuminates his years on both sides of the Atlantic and beautifully reveals his versatility as a performer, from his R&B origins to his explosion on the pop culture scene, but highlights who he was for those who knew and loved him," says Janie Hendrix, President and CEO of Experience Hendrix and co-producer of West Coast Seattle Boy - The Jimi Hendrix Anthology.
An essential and historic addition to the Jimi Hendrix catalog, West Coast Seattle Boy - The Jimi Hendrix Anthology brings together, for the first time, many of Hendrix's earliest commercial recordings, providing a rare glimpse of the rising rock guitar hero through a series of stellar sideman performances on a set of highly collectible pre-Experience R&B singles.Included on the first 2LPs of West Coast Seattle Boy:
1. Isley Brothers - Testify (1964
2. Don Covay & the Goodtimers - Mercy, Mercy (1964 - #1 Cashbox R&B - #35 Billboard Hot 100)
3. Don Covay & the Goodtimers - Can't Stay Away (1964)
4. Rosa Lee Brooks - My Diary (1965 - written by Arthur Lee)
5. Rosa Lee Brooks - Utee (1965)
6. Little Richard - I Don't Know What You Got But It's Got Me (1965)
7. Little Richard - Dancing All Around The World (1965)
8. Frank Howard & The Commanders - I'm So Glad (1966 - written by Billy Cox)
9. Isley Brothers - Move Over And Let Me Dance (1965)
10. Isley Brothers - Have You Ever Been Disappointed (1965)
11. Ray Sharpe - Help Me (Get The Feeling) (Part I) (1966)
12. The Icemen - (My Girl) She's A Fox (1966)
13. Jimmy Norman - That Little Old Groovemaker (1966)
14. Billy Lamont - Sweet Thang (1968)
15. King Curtis - Instant Groove (1969)
The third and fourth LPs of West Coast Seattle Boy - The Jimi Hendrix Anthology focus on 1967-68 and Hendrix's breakout sessions with the Jimi Hendrix Experience:
16. Fire (1967) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
17. Are You Experienced (1967) - Previously Unreleased Recording
18. May This Be Love (1967) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
19. Can You See Me (1967) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
20. Love Or Confusion (1967) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
21. Little One (1967) - Previously Unreleased Recording (featuring Dave Mason on sitar)
22. Mr. Bad Luck (1967) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
23. Cat Talking To Me (1967) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
24. Castles Made Of Sand (1967) - Previously Unreleased Recording
25. Tears Of Rage (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
26. Hear My Train A Comin' (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
27. 1983 (A Merman I Shall Turn To Be) (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
28. Long Hot Summer Night (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
29. My Friend (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
30. Angel (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
31. Calling All The Devil's Children (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
32. New Rising Sun (1968) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
The fifth and sixth LPs of West Coast Seattle Boy - The Jimi Hendrix Anthology revisit 1968-1969, both a peak and pivotal period for Hendrix in which the artist was exploring bold new directions on stage and in the studio:
33. Hear My Freedom (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
34. Room Full Of Mirrors (1969) - Previously Unreleased Recording
35. Shame, Shame, Shame (1969) - Previously Unreleased Recording
36. Messenger (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
37. Hound Dog Blues (1969) - Previously Unreleased Recording
38. Untitled Basic Track (1968) - Previously Unreleased Recording
39. Star Spangled Banner (1969) - Previously Unreleased Original Mix
40. Purple Haze (1969) - Previously Unreleased Original Mix
41. Young/Hendrix (1969) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
42. Mastermind (1969) - Previously Unreleased Recording
43. Message To Love (1969) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
44. Fire (1969) - Previously Unreleased Recording
45. Foxey Lady (1969) - Previously Unreleased Recording
Opening with Hendrix's incendiary New Year's Eve performance of "Stone Free" at New York's Fillmore East on December 31, 1969 and closing with a previously unheard recording from Hendrix alone in his Greenwich Village apartment in 1970, the seventh and eighth LPs of West Coast Seattle Boy - The Jimi Hendrix Anthology provides a fascinating portrait of an artist at his fiery best, working on the future:
46. Stone Free (1969) - Previously Unreleased Recording
47. Burning Desire (1970) - Previously Unreleased Recording
48. Lonely Avenue (1969) - Previously Unreleased Recording
49. Everlasting First (1970) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording (featuring Arthur Lee)
50. Freedom (1970) - Previously Unreleased Recording
51. Peter Gunn/Catastrophe (1970) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
52. In From The Storm (1970) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
53. All God's Children (1970) - Previously Unreleased Recording
54. Red House (1970) - Previously Unreleased Recording
55. Play That Riff [Thank You] (1970) - Previously Unreleased Recording
56. Bolero (1970) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
57. Hey Baby (New Rising Sun) - Previously Unreleased Alternate Recording
58. Suddenly November Morning (1970) - Previously Unreleased Recording$99.99Vinyl LP - Limited Edition 8 LP Box Set SealedTemporarily out of stock
What It Is! Funky Soul And Rare Grooves: The Singles Collection (Out Of Stock)Twenty-Five slabs of serious funk from the vaults of Atlantic, Atco, Warner Brothers, Reprise and Josie records. Limited edition box set featureing twenty-five singles originally released between 1968-1977.
Funk emerged in the 1960's, a scorching sound that amped up the legacy of R&B and Doo-Wop in spirit and sonic intensity, and became the precursor of Hip-Hop: Which in fact revived funk for a new generation via sampling. While major artists topped the charts with funk hits throughout the '60s and 70s, there were hundreds of artists that never got their due. What Is It! celebrates this heady, groove-heavy strain of 'gut bucket' funk that remains a major force in American music. This 25 single boxed set that would take some serious cash to collect, if you could even find them in the dusty bins at disappearing record shops, is culled from the vaults of Atlantic, Atco, Josie and Warner Brothers Records. It's an amazing set, pulling together rare sides from well-known artists and definitive funk grooves from lesser-known but supremely gifted masters of the art form alike.1. Gangster of Love (part 1)/Gangster of Love (part 2) - Jimmy Norman
2. Getting the Corners/What Good Am I? - The T.S.U. Toronadoes
3. Get in the Groove/Somebody in the World For You - The Mighty Hannibal
4. Boom Boom Boom/Sexy Coffee Pot - Tony Avalon and the Belairs
5. Tampin/Oleancler - The Rhine Oaks
6. Keep on Dancing/Rise Up - The Commodores
7. His Funeral, My Trial/Do You Dig It - Titus Turner
8. Cheatin' Woman/Pop, Popcorn Children - Eldridge Holmes
9. It's Your Thing/Bring it on Home To Me - Cold Grits
10. I Love You Yes I Do/Funky john - Johnny Cameron and The Camerons
11. Stanga/Somebody's Watching You - Little Sister
12. Gossip/Tell Me What's On Your Mind - Cyril Neville
13. Take It Off (part 1)/Take It Off (part 2) - Johnny Tolbert and De Thangs
14. Engine Number 9/International Playboy - Wilson Pickett
15. Funky Nassau (part1)/Funky Nassau (part 2) - The Beggining of the End
16. Hang On In There/Sweepin' Through the City - The Stovall Sisters
17. Listen To Me/Hard Times - Baby Huey and the Baby Sitters
18. Fairchild/I Sleep With the Blues - Willie West
19. Cold Bear/The Booger Man - The Gaturs
20. You Gotta Know Whatcha Doin'/Here Comes the Sun - Charles Wright
21. Mockingbird Sally/Nuki Suki - Little Richard
22. Ain't It Good/Getting Uptown (To Get Down) - United 8
23. Chug-Chug-A-Lug (Push n' Shove) (part 1)/Chug-Chug-A-Lug (Push n' Shove) (part 2) - The Meters
24. Funky To the Bone/T Want to Dance, Dance, Dane - Fredd Henchi and the Soul Setters
25. California reamin' (vocal)/California Dreamin' (instrumental) - Eddie Hazel
$99.997" Vinyl Single Box Set - 25 Singles SealedTemporarily out of stock
The Best Of Sam Cooke (Out Of Stock)This Best Of Sam Cooke album was the beacon that kept Cooke's most popular songs in the public eye. Between 1957 and his death seven years later, Cooke recorded an average of one Top Ten single every four months! And now on this single LP, you can relive the timeless best known and best-loved Sam Cooke classics.
For a couple of generations this was the first - and often only - Sam Cooke album they owned. Although there are more ambitious collections that show Cooke's remarkable range and diversity, this is still the best starting place. These are Sam Cooke's biggest commercial hits. This is the message in a bottle that brought his gifts to millions of people.
What is it that makes Cooke's music so irresistible? Well, first the voice, of course. So good, in fact, was Cooke as a vocalist that Atlantic Records vice president Jerry Wexler said matter-of-factly, "Sam Cooke was the best singer who ever lived, no contest." But beyond just his voice, it's the phrasing that makes these songs so timeless and memorable. Cooke himself explained it this way: "You just talk the story. That's how you get people to come to you - because it's not like a song, it's like two people rapping, only with a melody attached. But then when you come to the hook ('That's the sound of the men working on the chain gang'), then you're free, everybody's gonna sing that part, you want to get everybody to sing along." And they're still singing along.
So we all know the songs. We all know they're great. But nobody's known not unless you were there when it was recorded just how incredible these recordings actually sound. Now, cut at 45 RPM with every detail tended to and no expense spared, we've got The Best of The Best of Sam Cooke.
This title is not eligible for discount.1. You Send Me
2. Only Sixteen
3. Everybody Loves to Cha Cha Cha
4. (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons
5. (What A) Wonderful World
7. Chain Gang
9. Twistin' The Night Away
10. Sad Mood
11. Having A Party
12. Bring It On Home To Me
13. Another Saturday Night (Alternate Take)$54.99200 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl 45 RPM LP - 2 LPs SealedTemporarily out of stock
Blood, Sweat And Tears (Out Of Stock)Winner of three Grammy Awards in 1970, this absolutely mind-blowing album peaked at No. 1 on the U.S. charts, staying there for seven weeks, going double platinum by the end of 1969 and stayed on the Top 40 for 66 weeks.
Arguably, the Blood Sweat & Tears that made this self-titled second album – consisting of five of the eight original members and four newcomers, including singer David Clayton-Thomas – was really a different group from the one that made Child Is Father to the Man, which was done largely under the direction of singer/songwriter/keyboard player Al Kooper. They had certain similarities to the original: the musical mixture of classical, jazz and rock elements was still apparent, and the interplay between the horns and the keyboards was still occurring, even if those instruments were being played by different people.
Numbered Deluxe Laminated Double Gatefold Jackets
Only 2500 Numbered Limited Edition Copies Worldwide!
Audiophile 180g, 45rpm Vinyl
Pressed at RTI
Mastered by Bernie Grundman from the Original Analog Master Tapes!
This title is not eligible for discount.LP 1
1. Variations On A Theme By Erik Satie
2. Smiling Phases
3. Sometimes in Winter
4. More and More
5. And When I Die
6. God Bless The Child
1. Spinning Wheel
2. You've Made Me So Very Happy
3. Blues - Part II
4. Variations On A Theme By Erik State
$54.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP 45 RPM - 2 LPs SealedTemporarily out of stock
Warm Your Heart (Out Of Stock)Mastered by Bernie Grundman from the Original Analog Master Tapes and Pressed at RTI on 180 Gram 45 RPM Double LP
Numbered Deluxe Laminated Gatefold Jackets -- Only 2500 Numbered Limited Edition Copies Worldwide
This awesome collection by Aaron Neville combines original songs and some classics. Produced by Linda Ronstadt and George Massengill, it offers lush, rich sounds which really do Warm Your Heart. Neville's voice is at its best and several songs include duet vocals with Linda Ronstadt or Rita Coolidge. Ry Cooder also plays guitar on several tracks.
The 1991 album features Neville's cover of "Everybody Plays the Fool" by J.R. Bailey, Rudy Clark and Ken Williams which was nominated for a Grammy Award in 1973 for Best R&B Song. Neville's version hit the Top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, reaching #8.
This title is not eligible for discount.LP 1
1. Lousiana 1927
2. Everybody Plays The Fool
3. It Feels Like Rain
4. Somewhere Somebody
5. Don't Go, Please Stay
6. With You In Mind
7. That's The Way She Loves
1. Angola Bound
2. Close Your Eyes
3. La Vie Dansante
4. Warm Your Heart
5. I Bid You Goodnight
6. Ave Maria
$54.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl 45 RPM LP - 2 LPs SealedTemporarily out of stock
What's Going On (Half-Speed Master) (Out Of Stock)Abbey Road Half-Speed Master
Pressed On 180 Gram Vinyl And Housed In A Hard Card Slipcase
Marvin Gaye’s What’s Going On, released on May 21st, 1971, is regarded by many as one of the best soul albums of all time. Recorded in several locations, including the famous Hitsville U.S.A. in Detroit and The Sound Factory in West Hollywood, it was also the first album to give a credit to Motown's legendary house band, the Funk Brothers.
The original album consisted of nine songs mainly focused on the suffering and injustice in the US in the late 1960s from the eyes of a US veteran who'd returned home after fighting in Vietnam. The 2xCD Deluxe Edition released in 2001 brought together the original LP, the "Detroit Mix" of the album (which was rejected at the time), plus a live recording from The Kennedy Center Washington from May 1st, 1972. The Kennedy Center date was Gaye's first live performance following the death of close friend and singing partner, Tammi Terrell.
Both versions of the album, the Kennedy Center recording, plus several other tracks - including mono versions of the singles taken from the LP - are all featured on this 4xLP deluxe vinyl edition of What’s Going On.
About These Abbey Road Half-Speed Masters:
These releases will offer a superior vinyl experience with Half-Speed Mastering from Abbey Road. They have been exclusively re-mastered at Half Speed to bring you a new level of depth and clarity.
This limited edition range, all pressed on 180-gram vinyl, come in deluxe packaging. The initial releases are all iconic deluxe edition titles from great Universal artists – Amy Winehouse, The Who, James Brown, Marvin Gaye and Mike Oldfield.
The albums were cut from high-resolution digital transfers from the best-known analogue tapes by Abbey Road mastering engineer Miles Showell, one of the foremost practitioners of this artisan process in the world today. Only minimal sympathetic equalization was applied to the transfers to keep everything as pure as possible. Also, as these are vinyl-only releases, Miles did not apply any digital limiting. This is added to almost all digital releases to make them appear to be loud and is responsible for the so-called “loudness war” and in almost every case is anything but natural and pure sounding.LP 1: Original LP Release
1. What's Going On
2. What's Happening Brother
3. Flyin' High (In The Friendly Sky)
4. Save The Children
5. God Is Love
6. Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)
7. Right On
8. Wholy Holy
9. Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler)
LP 2: Original Detroit Mix
1. What's Going On
2. What's Happening Brother
3. Flyin' High (In The Friendly Sky)
4. Save The Children
5. God Is Love
6. Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)
7. Right On
8. Wholy Holy
9. Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler)
LP 3: Live At The Kennedy Center (May 1st, 1972)
1. Sixties Medley: That's The Way Love Is / You / I Heard It Through The Grapevine / Little Darling (I Need You) /
You're All I Need To Get By / Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing / Your Precious Love / Pride And Joy / Stubborn Kind Of Fellow
2. Right On
3. Wholy Holy
4. Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler)
5. What's Going On
6. What's Happening Brother
LP 4: Additional Tracks
1. Flyin' High (In The Friendly Sky)
2. Save The Children
3. God Is Love
4. Stage Dialogue
5. Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler) (Reprise)
6. What's Going On (Reprise)
7. What's Going On (Single version)
8. God Is Love (Single version)
9. Sad Tomorrows
10. Head Title (AKA "Distant Lover")
11. What's Going On (Rhythm & Strings mix)
$54.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 4 LPs SealedTemporarily out of stock