Label / Make
Genre / Model
- Please Select
- Name: A to Z
- Name: Z to A
- Price: Low to High
- Price: High to Low
Soundtracks Vinyl Records
Ascenseur Pour L'EchafaudMiles Davis' Ascenseur pour l'échafaud - Elevator to the Gallows - is without a doubt one a landmark in the trumpeter’s discography but also in the history of soundtrack. The themes improvised during the legendary recording session made in Paris have now become standards in jazz and keep on fascinating new generations of listeners. To celebrate this film music 60th anniversary, we’re releasing a 10” 3LP collector’s edition.LP 1
1. Générique (BOF "Ascenseur pour l'échafaud")
2. L'assassinat de Carala (BOF "Ascenseur pour l'échafaud")
3. Sur l'autoroute (BOF "Ascenseur pour l'échafaud")
4. Julien dans l'ascenseur (BOF "Ascenseur pour l'échafaud")
5. Florence sur les Champs-Élysées (BOF "Ascenseur pour l'échafaud")
6. Dîner au motel (BOF "Ascenseur pour l'échafaud")
7. Évasion de Julien (BOF "Ascenseur pour l'échafaud")
8. Visite du vigile (BOF "Ascenseur pour l'échafaud")
9. Au bar du Petit Bac (BOF "Ascenseur pour l'échafaud")
10. Chez le photographe du motel (BOF "Ascenseur pour l'échafaud")
1. Nuit sur les Champs-Élysées (Take 1)
2. Nuit sur les ChampsÉlysées (Take 2)
3. Nuit sur les Champs-Élysées (Take 3)
4. Nuit sur les Champs-Élysées (Take 4)
1. Assassinat (Take 1)
2. Assassinat (Take 2)
3. Assassinat (Take 3)
4. Dîner au motel (Take 2)
5. Final (Take 1)
6. Final (Take 2)
$49.9910" Vinyl LP - 3 LPs SealedBuy Now
Miles Ahead (Soundtrack)The release of the movie MILES AHEAD, Don Cheadle’s wildly entertaining and moving exploration of Miles Davis, will be accompanied by this new soundtrack featuring musical highlights from Miles’ career and new recordings overseen by Grammy Award-winning jazz/hip-hop artist Robert Glasper.
This is a perfect primer on Davis’ career for the new fan and a brilliant audio keepsake of the film for those who’ve studied his works inside and out. The album features 11 tracks from across Miles’ catalogue from 1956 to 1981, select dialogue from the film featuring Cheadle in character, and five original compositions written, co-written, produced or performed exclusively for MILES AHEAD by Robert Glasper. These cues include “What’s Wrong with That?” a jam that closes the movie imagining Cheadle as Miles playing in the present day with guest performers Glasper, Herbie Hancock, Wayne Shorter, Gary Clark, Jr. and Esperanza Spalding; plus “Gone 2015,” an end-credits song featuring guest verses from rapper Pharoahe Monch. Cheadle also pens new liner notes for the album discussing the selection and creation of the songs on the soundtrack.LP 1
1. Miles Ahead
2. Dialogue: "It takes a long time..."
3. So What
4. Taylor Made
5. Dialogue: "Listen, you talk too goddamn much..."
6. Seven Steps to Heaven
7. Dialogue: "If you gonna tell a story..."
8. Frelon Brun
9. Dialogue: "Sometimes you have these thoughts..."
10. Duran (Take 6)
1. Dialogue: "You own my music..."
2. Go Ahead John (part two C)
3. Black Satin
4. Dialogue: "Be musical about this shit..."
5. Prelude, Pt. 2
6. Dialogue: "Y'all listening to them..."
7. Junior's Jam
9. Back Seat Betty
10. Dialogue: "I don't like the word jazz..."
11. What's Wrong with That?
12. Gone 2015
$29.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 2 LPs SealedBuy Now
Music From SiestaImport
Music From Siesta is an album released in 1987 by Miles Davis and Marcus Miller. It is the soundtrack of the 1987 film Siesta, directed by Mary Lambert.
This collaboration between Miles Davis and producer Marcus Miller (who, except for some cameos, plays all of the other instruments) is quite successful and a bit of a surprise since it is essentially a soundtrack to an obscure film. Dedicated to arranger Gil Evans, the music is greatly influenced by his style with Miller creating an electrified but very warm orchestra to accompany Davis' melodic solos. This was the first of several instances in which Miles Davis, in the twilight of his life, returned to his roots. It's worth searching for.1. Lost In Madrid Part I
2. Siesta/Kitt's Kiss/Lost In Madrid Part II
3. Theme For Augustine/Wind/Seduction/Kiss
5. Lost In Madrid Part III
2. Lost In Madrid Part IV/Rat Dance/The Call
3. Claire/Lost In Madrid Part V
5. Los Feliz
$39.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - SealedBuy Now
Ascenseur Pour L'Echafaud (2LP)Import
Ascenseur Pour L'échafaud is a 1958 French film directed by Louis Malle. It was released as "Lift to the Scaffold" in the UK. The film was nothing special, but it did accomplish one thing: it proposed a new ideal of cinematic realism, a new way to look at a woman. Jean-Paul Rappeneau, a jazz fan and Malle's assistant at the time, suggested asking Miles Davis to create the film's Soundtrack. He showed Davis a screening of the movie, and afterwards Miles knew exactly how to portray the smoky hazed or frantic scenes through sonic imagery. On December 4 1957, he brought four French Jazzmen (Barney Wilen / tenor saxophone, René Urtreger / piano, Pierre Michelot bass and Kenny Clarke drums) to the recording studio "Le Poste Parisien Studio" without having them prepare anything. Davis only gave the musicians a few rudimentary harmonic sequences he had assembled in his hotel room. Eventually "Ascenseur Pour L'échafaud" has become a great achievement of artistic excellence.
For the first time since its original release in 1958, Music On Vinyl combined the original soundtrack and the additional recordings and created an essential 2LP set with the original artwork.Side 1 (ORIGINAL 1958 A-SIDE)
2. L'Assassinat De Carala
3. Sur L'Autoroute
4. Julien Dans L'Ascenseur
5. Florence Sur Les Champs-Élysees
Side 2 (ORIGINAL 1958 B-SIDE)
1. Dîner Au Motel
2. Évasion De Julien
3. Visite Du Vigile
4. Au Bar Du Petit Bac
5. Chez Le Photographe Du Mot
1. Nuit Sur Les Champs-Élysées (TAKE 1)
2. Nuit Sur Les Champs-Élysées (TAKE 2)
3. Nuit Sur Les Champs-Élysées (TAKE 3)
4. Nuit Sur Les Champs Elysees (TAKE 4)
5. Assassinat Visite Du Vigil
6. Assassinat Julien Dans L'ascenseur
7. Assassinat L'Assassinat De Carala
1. Final (TAKE 1)
2. Final (TAKE 2)
3. Final (TAKE 3)
5. Le Petit Bal (TAKE 1)
6. Le Petit Bal (TAKE 2)
7. Séquence Voiture (TAKE 1)
8. Sequence Voiture Sur L'Aut (TAKE 2)
$42.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 2 LPs SealedBuy Now