Tuff City Records (Original Old School Recordings 1982-1986) (Box Set) - Vinyl Record
- Product Code:
- Tuff City
- Rap & Hip-Hop
- Vinyl LP Box Set + 7" Single - 5 LPs Sealed
- Track Listing
32 Tracks Spread Over Five 12-Inches And One 7-Inch
Includes A 19-Page Booklet
The Tuff City Anniversary set is a celebration of the first four years of the label from 1982-1986. The un-reissued trove of pure street hip hop. Contains an all-star cast of old-school legends like; Spoonie Gee, Cold Crush Brothers, and the Fearless Four, to producers and mixers like Afrika Bambaataa, Davy DMX, and Russell Simmons. The box includes 32 tracks spread over five 12"s and one 7" plus a 19-page booklet.
1. Verticle Lines – Beach Boy
2. Micronawts – Lets Smurph Across The Surf
3. Cold Crush Brothers – Punk Rock Rap
4. Spoonie Gee – The Big Beat
5. Output – Move For Me
6. Davy DMX – One For The Treble
1. Fearless Four – Dedication
2. Spoonie Gee – Street Girl (12” version)
3. Davy DMX – The DMX Will Rock You
4. Davy DMX – Bonus Beat (Extended Alt Take)
5. Papa Austin with The Great Peso – Wrong Girls To Play With
1. Spoonie Gee – Get Off My Tip
2. Spoonie Gee – Spoon-Spoon-Spoonie Gee
3. Puffy Dee – Joe Blow
4. Cold Crush Brothers – Heartbreakers
5. Jerome “Secret Weapon” Prister And Output – Say You’ll Be
6. Eddie Ski White – Baby Be Mine
1. Cold Crush Brothers – Fresh Wild Fly & Bold (Radio Edit)
2. Funkmaster Wizard Wiz – Knucklehead Rappers
3. Phantom Rock and MC Bebop – The Story of MC Bebop
4. Beatbox Master Quick (feat. Funkmaster Wizard Wiz) – Beatbox Master Quick
5. The Mighty Mike C – I’m Stupid Fresh
6. MC New York & The Smokin’ Commission – Good Morning Mr. Phelps
7. MC New York & The Smokin’ Commission – I Am New York
1. Grandmaster Caz – Yvette
2. Grandmaster Caz – Mr. Bill
3. Funkmaster Wizard Wiz – Put That Head Out
4. Freddy B and the Mighty Mic Masters – It’s The Hip Hop
5. Funkmaster Wizard Wiz – Crack It Up
6. Funkmaster Wizard Wiz – “an’t You Take A Hint (I’m A Bellevue Patient)
1. Cold Crush Brothers – Punk Rock Rap (Party Mix)
2. Barry Boulevard – Barry’s Routine
There are no reviews for this product.
Vinyl records are able to capture the purest quality of recorded music in true form. This is possible because the initial recording is captured on an analog source (usually tape) for the ultimate in High Fidelity sound, it is then pressed onto virgin vinyl. Analog recordings capture the bottom end (or bass) while adding sweetness to the high end (or treble) better than any digital recording ever could. Analog systems are still commonly used before they are digitally transferred to CD. This means that the sound then is altered in the transfer process when CD's are produced. The word fidelity means accuracy and faithfulness. High Fidelity sound is faithful to the original sound made by the artist, capturing maximum accuracy of what was intended for the listener to hear. Vinyl records capture those sounds for the ultimate High Fidelity listening experience!
180/200 GRAM Vinyl LP
These vinyl records are produced with 180 or 200 grams of high definition premium grade virgin vinyl. This is a higher quality audiophile pressing than the typical vinyl record of 100-120 grams. These limited edition LP's are manufactured with the hi-fi enthusiast in mind. A 180 or 200 gram LP is sometimes also referred to as an audiophile pressing, there is a higher bass response and an even warmer High Fidelity sound. 180 or 200 grams LP's are typically manufactured in limited amounts and are considered collectibles, commanding a higher price.
Typically, a vinyl reissue is a repressing of an original LP, usually extracted from the recording's master-tapes. In some cases, reissues are remastered to lower surface noise and improve overall sonics. Reissues help preserve the music of an original recording, especially when original LPs become unavailable or can no longer be found. Reissues can be pressed on a variety of thickness from 150 gram to 200 gram and offer a great opportunity for records collectors to own many classic recordings.
Customers who bought Tuff City Records (Original Old School Recordings 1982-1986) (Box Set), also bought:
There are no reviews for this product.